Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Was James confused?

Surely! Christ stated that ... 'IF ye love Me, keep My Commandments'. And then also we see the Holy Spirits penman of Acts 5:32 telling us that He (the Holy Spirit) is only given to ones who 'OBEY HIM'! And the WORKS??? These are ALL recorded in the Record Books as seen from Eccl. 12:13-14 + many more Inspired verses.

--Elijah

Vince said:
Yes, Elijah, the false Christians had been made partakers of the Holy Ghost, without ever accepting Christ. They had been convicted of sin and had learned Scripture, through the work of the Holy Spirit. They had actually been "led" to do certain things by the Holy Spirit. It is possible, that, like Judas (who was a devil from the beginning) they had performed Christian works, through the power of the Holy Spirit. But they had never accepted Christ.

No friend your thinking is just spiritually wrong with this post. Acts 5:32 is CONDITIONAL & is as Eternal as Christ the Eternal Gospel of Rev. 14:6 is EVERLASTING.Even in Gen. 6:3 we see the STRIVING of the Holy Spirit for submission of this Eternal Gospel along side the Preacher of Rightousness (Noah) as Peter calls him.. for ALL the living pre/flood ones. :crying (to NO avail)

If one is trying to say that God did for/know the results of free/choice in eternities forknowledge? then that is another Truth that surely is true. But that does not change what 'we' FREELY DECIDE to do. See Cain in Gen. 4:7 with the Lord in person to person with Cain's fatal decision being made. And one must understand what the Godhead did know, the other worlds & the angels, did not know! So the Godhead were on a type of universal trial with this fallen angel & man.

--Elijah

My friend Mutzrein asks: "Vince - would you care to respond to my post - I'm still waiting."

Uhm, what post?

Vince said:
My friend Mutzrein asks: "Vince - would you care to respond to my post - I'm still waiting."

Uhm, what post?

Vince - you've put your finger on the problem.

When man believes that by a process of human decision (ie accepting Christ) he can be born again he denies scripture. Show me where a person can be born again by 'accepting' Christ.

Blessings

mutzrein said:
Vince said:

Uhm, what post?

When man believes that by a process of human decision (ie accepting Christ) he can be born again he denies scripture. Show me where a person can be born again by 'accepting' Christ.

Blessings

I doubt that You would accept it if Christ knocked you down in 'physical' blindness (also) and told you 'in person' that it was hard for you to 'Kick against the Pricks' of the Holy Ghost. It sounds more like Titus 3:9-11 Vain garbage to me.

But FORUM: Read Acts 9:4-6 and SEE if you can SEE what CHRIST REQUIRED there??
--Elijah

Okay, I understand. The phrase "accepting Christ" does not appear in the Bible. The Greek word translated "believe" has no perfect English equivalent. It means "completely accept, totally rely on, completely trust."

We are told to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, which means to completely accept Him.

St. Augustine, who popularized a variety of popular false doctrines, included unconditional election in his false teachings. John Calvin later expounded on it, and later Calvinists invented irrestible grace in order to make the system work.

Elijah674 said:
mutzrein said:
Vince said:

Uhm, what post?

Blessings

I doubt that You would accept it if Christ knocked you down in 'physical' blindness (also) and told you 'in person' that it was hard for you to 'Kick against the Pricks' of the Holy Ghost. It sounds more like Titus 3:9-11 Vain garbage to me.

But FORUM: Read Acts 9:4-6 and SEE if you can SEE what CHRIST REQUIRED there??

--Elijah

Col. 1
[22] In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
[23] If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

PS: Forum. Just a little extra perhaps?? (and even then, 'some' wonder why Christ did not come back (Matt. 24:14) before that verse?)

Rom 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
NKJV

The REST of the story...
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.
(Matthew 7:21 EMTV)

follower of Christ said:
The REST of the story...
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.
(Matthew 7:21 EMTV)

And you have determined what the will of the Father is. Why don't you give your version?

I believe in imputed righteousness. I also believe there are those that never have truly made friends with God, enough to obey Him. Faith with God is a friendship. We can't be making Him happy when we are living in sin.
James was as liberated as Paul, or Peter, or any other apostle. He just stated things in a different way. Do you really think he wasn't clued in to the full gospel, after having been with Christ?
Too much study is making you miss the obvious. All scripture is there to qualify...the total truth. It's not about pick your favorite author. They all wrote what the Holy Spirit game them.
Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Vince said:
Okay, I understand. The phrase "accepting Christ" does not appear in the Bible. The Greek word translated "believe" has no perfect English equivalent. It means "completely accept, totally rely on, completely trust."

We are told to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, which means to completely accept Him.

St. Augustine, who popularized a variety of popular false doctrines, included unconditional election in his false teachings. John Calvin later expounded on it, and later Calvinists invented irrestible grace in order to make the system work.

Vince, sorry I missed your response all week. I was asking you to show me where a person can be born again by 'accepting' Christ. You see, the act of 'accepting' Christ, as some put it, cannot effect 'being born of the Spirit'. I'm not talking only of the phrase 'accepting Christ' but anything that man thinks he can do or say in order to be born again.

mutzrein said:
Vince said:

Vince, sorry I missed your response all week. I was asking you to show me where a person can be born again by 'accepting' Christ. You see, the act of 'accepting' Christ, as some put it, cannot effect 'being born of the Spirit'. I'm not talking only of the phrase 'accepting Christ' but anything that man thinks he can do or say in order to be born again.

You have the Book! Matt. 4:4 'EVERY WORD..' IS TO BE YOUR 'Spiritual' DIET. 2 Tim. 3:16 TWICE DOCUMENTS that! All Scripture is the foundation of Being Born Again. And this BOOK is FULL OF CONDITIONS for us to meet!!!

Now: If your question is what is that aditional requirement?? (MORE CONDITIONS?) See Saul in Acts 9:6 and Christ's answer to him. And what did Saul 'give up'? (think about that?)
---Elijah

Back