Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Was Jesus A Man Before the Incarnation?

Thread subject

JGredline

Q: You didn't read the following portion of my post did you:

"The KJV renders Pr.8:22 as follows: "The Lord POSSESSED ME in the beginning of His way, before His works of old." The term possessed/possessor in that passage has the same meaning as it does in Gen.14:19 and 22, where it means CREATED. Which is exactly how it is rendered in the NIV."

Whether its the KJV or the NKJV, the context is identical and means the very same thing. What does your NKJV render Gen.14:19 and 22 as? As it is too late to go into a full response to your post, A cursory review of it is based on opinion rather than facts. It is also a typical wiggling and squirming around to try making something out of Pr.8:22-36 that it isn't!

I'll be back tomorrow with more, God willing.

Blessings,

Quasar

Quasar
Well, I disagree with you. I will also come back tomarrow on this.
You have not answered my Question on Col 1:16
How to you explain that one away?
Jg

Hi George,

George wrote:
Yeh...your're probably right, who would know better than the collective minds of Judaism (at least 3500 years worth) concerning the thing they look forward to the most....I'm beginning to see it your way, I'm begining to think the best minds of gentile Christianity (who have no clue concerning anything in Judaism) have it figured out.

Sure...they do....:-D

lol, I agree, the Christians haven't figured out anything, especially not this one. The Holy Spirit is the best teacher on these subjects, and I think He has a bit more than 3,500 years worth of knowledge.

George wrote:
Hey...there's always hope the light bulb will shine.... :smt005

or that the Son-Light will shine. :wink:

George wrote:
Hey....did ya read the paste on pre-existence? It didn't give you pause to think?

I read not only the paste, but the sites. No, it didn't give me pause, George. the links you provided contradict Scripture, add to it, and deny Jesus as God.

What do you think of this? http://www.bibleword.org/memra.shtml

The Lord bless you.

Quasar

In regards to the proverb you quoted, here is more exposition.
8:22–31 This section of ch. 8 describes wisdom’s role in creation. The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way: The Hebrew verb for possessed can mean “brought forth†or “created.†Melchizedek used the same word to identify God as creator of the universe (Gen. 14:19). We both agree on this so far correct ? God, who is ever wise, produced wisdom; God, who possesses all knowledge, brought forth knowledge. So far we still agree correct ? Wisdom had a beginning only in the sense that God singled it out for special display at that time; insofar as it is one of God’s perfections, it has always existed Look at v. 23. These verses provide part of the background for the NT portrayal of Christ as the divine Word (John 1:1–3) I know you and georges try and explain this away by saying there is no definate article in the greek, but if you keep reading the Gospel of John, you will see that it is there, just keep reading to (V14)and as the wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:24, 30; Col. 2:3).
I am sure you are disagreeing with me here and thats ok, because I know I am right on this. tELL you what. Lets take a look at John1:14 (LOOK IT UP) i WILL only exposit on it. Ok, time for those Greek classes to pay off.

1:14 The Word (Gk. logos) who was (continuous existence, definate article) God (1:1) became (point action; Gk. ginomai) flesh (Gk. sarx) (1:14). Verse 1 speaks of Christ’s nature and works being outside of space and time, before creation. Quasar, with me so far. OK Verse 14 presents the irruption of Jesus Christ into time and space, even the history of humankind. The Son of God who was from all eternity, at a point in time, took humanity to deity (look up Phil. 2:5–9). God became human with limitations in time and space. Jesus Christ uniquely and thoroughly identified with us as both God and man. He was fully God and yet He became fully human (He did not have sin but then sin is not part of the nature of humanity, but is an intruder). Since nothing of the essential nature of deity was lost in this event, we might better understand “became†to mean “took to Himself†flesh. John uses the word flesh for the physical nature of persons, not for the sinful disposition. This is important to understand and grasp. (unlike the apostle Paul; Rom. 8:1–11). God the Son will forever exist as a man with a resurrected body (Acts 1:11; compare 1 John 4:2, 3). God dwelt among us, that is, among the apostles. Dwelt comes from the Greek word for tent. It was used in the Greek OT for the tabernacle where the presence of God dwelt. In the OT, glory refers to the divine presence (Ex. 33:18). As God manifested His glory in the tabernacle, so Jesus displayed His divine presence before the apostles (18:6; 20:26, 27). Only begotten (3:16, 18) means unique, one of a kind. The same term is used of Isaac (Heb 11:17), who was not the only physical son of Abraham, but was the unique son of promise. All who trust Christ are born of God. In the Gospel of John, these “born ones†are called children of God (vv. 12, 13), but Jesus Christ is the unique Son of God. He is the only Son who is fully God. He is also full of grace and truth. When God revealed Himself to Moses, He proclaimed Himself to be “abounding in goodness and truth†(Ex. 34:6). As applied to Jesus Christ, this phrase marks Him as the author of perfect redemption and perfect revelation. I will have more to say on this, but truthfully, I am getting tired and need to look at Prov 8 a little more. Quasar. You do understand that the book of Proverbs is poetic same a psalms, but we can't appreciate it because they were written in Hebrew. I have a CD of the proverbs and Psalms in hebrew and are just awsome to hear them sung. Anyway, lets move on with this bible study. Q, you are making me think. :)

Prov 8:30, 31 OK, the term master craftsman speaks of an artisan or of a darling child. Wisdom is both. With wisdom’s skill, God created the universe. A proper study of the universe is a progressive discovery of God’s wisdom (Rom. 1:20). delight: In her playful, childlike exuberance, Wisdom is a darling child. And her greatest joy comes in the finest of the work of Godâ€â€the sons of menâ€â€that is, humankind. I am sure you disagree with this also and that ok, because I am right on this. By the way, Wisdom is female. I hope we can atleast agree on this. What say you?

Edit
Correction : It was late last night when I wrote this and after reading it this morning I made a mistake. Wisdom is female. It is not male.

Jg

Thread subject

lovely said:
Hi George,

George wrote:
Yeh...your're probably right, who would know better than the collective minds of Judaism (at least 3500 years worth) concerning the thing they look forward to the most....I'm beginning to see it your way, I'm begining to think the best minds of gentile Christianity (who have no clue concerning anything in Judaism) have it figured out.

lol, I agree, the Christians haven't figured out anything, especially not this one. The Holy Spirit is the best teacher on these subjects, and I think He has a bit more than 3,500 years worth of knowledge.

George wrote:
[quote:6049d]Hey...there's always hope the light bulb will shine.... :smt005

George wrote:
Hey....did ya read the paste on pre-existence? It didn't give you pause to think?

I read not only the paste, but the sites. No, it didn't give me pause, George. the links you provided contradict Scripture, add to it, and deny Jesus as God.

The Lord bless you.[/quote:6049d]

Q: Greetings lovely.

Just a note to advise you, the 'paste' you refer to is my own work and brought here from the Christian site I was Forums Administrator for six years. It is public domain and appears on other Christian sites where I may have posted it as well.

Blessings,

Quasar

Thread subject

jgredline said:
Quasar

In regards to the proverb you quoted, here is more exposition.
8:22–31 This section of ch. 8 describes wisdom’s role in creation. The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way: The Hebrew verb for possessed can mean “brought forth†or “created.†Melchizedek used the same word to identify God as creator of the universe (Gen. 14:19). We both agree on this so far correct ? God, who is ever wise, produced wisdom; God, who possesses all knowledge, brought forth knowledge. So far we still agree correct ? Wisdom had a beginning only in the sense that God singled it out for special display at that time; insofar as it is one of God’s perfections, it has always existed Look at v. 23. These verses provide part of the background for the NT portrayal of Christ as the divine Word (John 1:1–3) I know you and georges try and explain this away by saying there is no definate article in the greek, but if you keep reading the Gospel of John, you will see that it is there, just keep reading to (V14)and as the wisdom of God (1 Cor. 1:24, 30; Col. 2:3).
I am sure you are disagreeing with me here and thats ok, because I know I am right on this. tELL you what. Lets take a look at John1:14 (LOOK IT UP) i WILL only exposit on it. Ok, time for those Greek classes to pay off.

1:14 The Word (Gk. logos) who was (continuous existence, definate article) God (1:1) became (point action; Gk. ginomai) flesh (Gk. sarx) (1:14). Verse 1 speaks of Christ’s nature and works being outside of space and time, before creation. Quasar, with me so far. OK Verse 14 presents the irruption of Jesus Christ into time and space, even the history of humankind. The Son of God who was from all eternity, at a point in time, took humanity to deity (look up Phil. 2:5–9). God became human with limitations in time and space. Jesus Christ uniquely and thoroughly identified with us as both God and man. He was fully God and yet He became fully human (He did not have sin but then sin is not part of the nature of humanity, but is an intruder). Since nothing of the essential nature of deity was lost in this event, we might better understand “became†to mean “took to Himself†flesh. John uses the word flesh for the physical nature of persons, not for the sinful disposition. This is important to understand and grasp. (unlike the apostle Paul; Rom. 8:1–11). God the Son will forever exist as a man with a resurrected body (Acts 1:11; compare 1 John 4:2, 3). God dwelt among us, that is, among the apostles. Dwelt comes from the Greek word for tent. It was used in the Greek OT for the tabernacle where the presence of God dwelt. In the OT, glory refers to the divine presence (Ex. 33:18). As God manifested His glory in the tabernacle, so Jesus displayed His divine presence before the apostles (18:6; 20:26, 27). Only begotten (3:16, 18) means unique, one of a kind. The same term is used of Isaac (Heb 11:17), who was not the only physical son of Abraham, but was the unique son of promise. All who trust Christ are born of God. In the Gospel of John, these “born ones†are called children of God (vv. 12, 13), but Jesus Christ is the unique Son of God. He is the only Son who is fully God. He is also full of grace and truth. When God revealed Himself to Moses, He proclaimed Himself to be “abounding in goodness and truth†(Ex. 34:6). As applied to Jesus Christ, this phrase marks Him as the author of perfect redemption and perfect revelation. I will have more to say on this, but truthfully, I am getting tired and need to look at Prov 8 a little more. Quasar. You do understand that the book of Proverbs is poetic same a psalms, but we can't appreciate it because they were written in Hebrew. I have a CD of the proverbs and Psalms in hebrew and are just awsome to hear them sung. Anyway, lets move on with this bible study. Q, you are making me think. :)

Prov 8:30, 31 OK, the term master craftsman speaks of an artisan or of a darling child. Wisdom is both. With wisdom’s skill, God created the universe. A proper study of the universe is a progressive discovery of God’s wisdom (Rom. 1:20). delight: In her playful, childlike exuberance, Wisdom is a darling child. And her greatest joy comes in the finest of the work of Godâ€â€the sons of menâ€â€that is, humankind. I am sure you disagree with this also and that ok, because I am right on this. By the way, Wisdom in not female. I hope we can atleast agree on this. What say you?
Jg

Greetings JGredline,

Q: First of all, you keep alluding to Col.1:16 you apparently think makes Jesus God from all eternity. The Scriptures reveal, in Pr.8:30, the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus was the craftsman at God's side during the creation. Your trinitarian approach would break the Scriptures by the very Word of God and His own prophecies, making what He said a lie, which we agree, He cannot do!

1. The proof that the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus, who was APPOINTED FROM ETERNITY, AND GIVEN BIRTH, [OR POSSESSED], by the Spirit of God, was indeed the FIRSTBORN OVER ALL CREATION, as in Col.1:15. Which means, he cannot be co-eternal with God. If he was, then Isa.43:10 and 44:6 would be a conflict and a lie. It is clear, there are two Spirit beings in Pr.8:22-36, not just one.

2. That the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus did not become either Jesus, or the Son of God until He was incarnated by the Holy Spirit, as in Mt.1:20 and in Lk.1:35, as well as God the Son, as in Ps.2:7, 45:6-7 and in Isa.7:14. And when those prophecies were fulfilled, they were all repeated in Heb.1:5, 8-9. If the trinitarian claim that the Father and the Son are co-eternal, those prophecies would all be in error and lies.

3. as most all trinitarians, which I had been myself for 45 years, you are still trying to make something out of Pr.8:22-36 that it isn't. That Jesus is the WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND POWER OF GOD, is exactly what that passage of Scripture describes and is thoroughly endorsed by the following highly esteemed theologians who are all trintarian, but confirm the fact that Pr.8:22-36 is the pre-incarnated WHO OF THE WISDOM OF GOD:

A. Frank L. Gaebelein, A.M., Litt.D., Headmaster Emiritus, The Stoney Brook School.

B. William Culbertson, D.D., L.L.D., President, Moody Bible Institute.

C. Charles L. Feinberg, ThD., PhD., Dean, Talbot Theological Seminary.

D. Allan A. Mac Rae, A.M., PhD., President, Biblical School of Theology.

E. Clarence E. Mason, Jr., Th.M., D.D., Dean, Philadelphia College of Bible.

F. Alva J. Mc Clain, Th.M., D.D., President Emeritus, Grace Theological Seminary.

G. Wilbur M. Smith, D.D., Editor, Peloubet's Select Notes.

H. John F. Walvoord, A.M., Th.D., President, Dallas Theological Seminary.

I. C.I. Scofield, D.D., Editor, Scofield Bible.

j. E. Schuyler English, Litt.D., Chairman of the above Editorial Committee of the 1967 Scofield Bible.

The Following is an annotation from the Scofield Bible:

"That wisdom is more than the personification of an attribute of God, or of the will of God as best for man, but is a distinct forshadowing of Christ, is certain. Pr.8:22-36, with Jn.1:1-3, 1 Cor.1:24; Col.2:3, can refer to no one less than but the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus."

4. The Greek term, Logos, as found in the Bible Dictionary:

"A philosophical and theological term and concept that goes back tp the Ionian philosopher Heracletus [c 500 B.C.], to whom it meant the universal reason permeating the world and finding all self consciousness in the mind of the philosophers. Stoicism adopted the term for a dynamic principal of reason operating in the world and FORMING A MEDIUM OF COMMUNION BETWEEN GOD AND MAN." [As in 1 Tim.2:5].

"The latter function became prominent in Philo, with whom the Logos is at once the Stoics active, intelligent, world-principle, the thought in the divine mind, which was identical with sum-total of Plato's "forms" or "ideas," and a mediator between God and the matter of His creation. For Philo, as indeed his predecessors, the Logos, is neither personal or impersonal. It is vaguely equated with God's utterance [Gen.1:3; Ps.33:9], His word in such passages as Ps.107:20; 147:15, 18, and such expressions as "the angel of the covenant," AND WITH WISDOM IN SUCH PERSONIFICATIONS AS THOSE IN PR.8 and wisdom of Solomon 9:15ff."

"In the New Testament the Logos appears principally in John's writings [Jn.1:1ff; 1 Jn.1:1; Rev.19:13], though references from Paul's writings and the epistle to the Hebrews might be added. Logos is imperfectly translated "Word," and is not easy to comprehend the full context of the idea in its Judeo-Hellenistic context., etc., etc."

5. No, JG, the Son of God IS NOT from "all eternity," but rather, the spirit of the PRE-INCARNATED JESUS WAS BROUGHT FORTH FROM ETERNITY. Not from all eternity as the Spirit of God is. He is not co-eternal because the Spirit of God had to "bring him forth." I have already covered this subject above with supporting statements from God as well as the prophecies proving to the contrary. As I have repeatedly written, Jesus, the Son of God, God the Son, DID NOT EXIST UNTIL Mt.1:20, 23, and Lk.1:35. See also Heb.10:5.

6. Much of what you claim, as to Proverbs being poetry and about the 'craftsman at His side,' is completely non-Scriptural JG. You will have to support how you can verify your allegations pertaining to Pr.8:22-36, with Scripture to validate it.

The fact of the matter is, the only primary argument here is to WHEN JESUS CAME INTO EXISTENCE AND WHEN HE BECAME JESUS, THE SON OF GOD AS WELL AS GOD THE SON. Outside of that there is little else to discuss, is there.

Blessings,

Quasar

Quasar,
As a friendly reminder, when you cut/paste we need you to give us the link to the source.. Thank you

Hello Quasar,

Just a note to advise you, the 'paste' you refer to is my own work and brought here from the Christian site I was Forums Administrator for six years. It is public domain and appears on other Christian sites where I may have posted it as well.

Blessings,

Quasar

I liked it. I don't agree with you, obviously, that Christ was created, but I liked this work on the Memra. I don't know if you read George's links, but I liked this in comparison.

The Lord bless you, today.

Re: Thread subject

Quasar
My responses will be in blue.

Greetings JGredline,

Q: First of all, you keep alluding to Col.1:16 you apparently think makes Jesus God from all eternity. The Scriptures reveal, in Pr.8:30, the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus was the craftsman at God's side during the creation. Your trinitarian approach would break the Scriptures by the very Word of God and His own prophecies, making what He said a lie, which we agree, He cannot do!

Quasar
The reason I keep bringing up verse 16 is because you keep bringing up verse 15. If each one of us brought out only one verse we would be guilty of taking a verse out of context.
The scripture reads in context. 1 col 1:15-18
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

This means simply this. We will use the Scripture itself as a commentary.

Paul clearly declares Christ to be God in this very letter by saying he ''created all things'' (verse 1:16) and has ''the fullness of the Godhead'' (see verse col 2:9 where Paul also affirms the deity of CHrist) the referance to ''first born'' does not mean he is the referance to fisrt born in creation, but the first born over creation (vese 15), since '' he is before all things'' ( verse 17) '' First'' born in this contex does not mean the first one to be born, but the heir of all, the creator and owner of ''all things''

Bottom line is he could not have been a created thing.

1. The proof that the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus, who was APPOINTED FROM ETERNITY, AND GIVEN BIRTH, [OR POSSESSED], by the Spirit of God, was indeed the FIRSTBORN OVER ALL CREATION, as in Col.1:15. Which means, he cannot be co-eternal with God. If he was, then Isa.43:10 and 44:6 would be a conflict and a lie. It is clear, there are two Spirit beings in Pr.8:22-36, not just one.

Ok, I already explained Col 1:15
I will now move on to Isa 43:10 where this part of scripture is speaking of The Lord summons Israel and all the nations to a court test. Let them bring ... witnesses as to the ability of idols to predict future events. Otherwise let them acknowledge that only God is true. The Lord calls Israel as His witnesses; they should testify that He is the only true God, that He is eternal, that besides Him there is no savior and Deliverer, and that His decrees and acts cannot be thwarted.
Now lets look at Isa 44:6-8 The Lord, the King of Israel, is uniqueâ€â€the only true God. He challenges any so-called god to predict the future as He does, especially with regard to the ancient people, Israel. His people need not fear any challenge to His supremacy. They are His witnesses that He has foretold the future, and that He is the only God. He Himself does not know of any other genuine Rock. So Quasar. These verses if anything add to my argument especailly when combined with Proverbs 8:22-36. The verse is clearly speaking of two thirds of the God head. So there is no conflict and we agree that God cannot lie.

2. That the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus did not become either Jesus, or the Son of God until He was incarnated by the Holy Spirit, as in Mt.1:20 and in Lk.1:35, as well as God the Son, as in Ps.2:7, 45:6-7 and in Isa.7:14. And when those prophecies were fulfilled, they were all repeated in Heb.1:5, 8-9. If the trinitarian claim that the Father and the Son are co-eternal, those prophecies would all be in error and lies.

This is mearly your opinion. How do you explain all the Christophonies that ocoured in the OT. when Christ encarnte appeared to Jacob, Abraham, Hagar, just to name a few.

3. as most all trinitarians, which I had been myself for 45 years, you are still trying to make something out of Pr.8:22-36 that it isn't. That Jesus is the WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND POWER OF GOD, is exactly what that passage of Scripture describes and is thoroughly endorsed by the following highly esteemed theologians who are all trintarian, but confirm the fact that Pr.8:22-36 is the pre-incarnated WHO OF THE WISDOM OF GOD:

A. Frank L. Gaebelein, A.M., Litt.D., Headmaster Emiritus, The Stoney Brook School.

B. William Culbertson, D.D., L.L.D., President, Moody Bible Institute.

C. Charles L. Feinberg, ThD., PhD., Dean, Talbot Theological Seminary.

D. Allan A. Mac Rae, A.M., PhD., President, Biblical School of Theology.

E. Clarence E. Mason, Jr., Th.M., D.D., Dean, Philadelphia College of Bible.

F. Alva J. Mc Clain, Th.M., D.D., President Emeritus, Grace Theological Seminary.

G. Wilbur M. Smith, D.D., Editor, Peloubet's Select Notes.

H. John F. Walvoord, A.M., Th.D., President, Dallas Theological Seminary.

I. C.I. Scofield, D.D., Editor, Scofield Bible.

j. E. Schuyler English, Litt.D., Chairman of the above Editorial Committee of the 1967 Scofield Bible.

I will look into all these names and see what I come up with.

The Following is an annotation from the Scofield Bible:

"That wisdom is more than the personification of an attribute of God, or of the will of God as best for man, but is a distinct forshadowing of Christ, is certain. Pr.8:22-36, with Jn.1:1-3, 1 Cor.1:24; Col.2:3, can refer to no one less than but the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus."

If you are a trinitarian, then this all makes sense. I am not saying that Jesus was a man in the flesh floating in space before God created the heavens and the earth. The trinity is a mystery no dought. A mystery that no man can understand as I have stated before, why would I want to serve a God whom I can understand, This was Satans problem. He thought he could be like God and it cost him. Now we both agree that God is Spirit correct.
So who was in the Garden with Adam and Eve? My Argument is that Jesus was not created as you believe. Jesus was there from the very beginning.
See John 1:1 and again see John 1:14.. Go back to me previouse post.

4. The Greek term, Logos, as found in the Bible Dictionary:

"A philosophical and theological term and concept that goes back tp the Ionian philosopher Heracletus [c 500 B.C.], to whom it meant the universal reason permeating the world and finding all self consciousness in the mind of the philosophers. Stoicism adopted the term for a dynamic principal of reason operating in the world and FORMING A MEDIUM OF COMMUNION BETWEEN GOD AND MAN." [As in 1 Tim.2:5].

I am familiar with this and I have already commented on this. See my above post.

"The latter function became prominent in Philo, with whom the Logos is at once the Stoics active, intelligent, world-principle, the thought in the divine mind, which was identical with sum-total of Plato's "forms" or "ideas," and a mediator between God and the matter of His creation. For Philo, as indeed his predecessors, the Logos, is neither personal or impersonal. It is vaguely equated with God's utterance [Gen.1:3; Ps.33:9], His word in such passages as Ps.107:20; 147:15, 18, and such expressions as "the angel of the covenant," AND WITH WISDOM IN SUCH PERSONIFICATIONS AS THOSE IN PR.8 and wisdom of Solomon 9:15ff."

Quasar
Do you believe wisdom is male or female?

"In the New Testament the Logos appears principally in John's writings [Jn.1:1ff; 1 Jn.1:1; Rev.19:13], though references from Paul's writings and the epistle to the Hebrews might be added. Logos is imperfectly translated "Word," and is not easy to comprehend the full context of the idea in its Judeo-Hellenistic context., etc., etc."

5. No, JG, the Son of God IS NOT from "all eternity," but rather, the spirit of the PRE-INCARNATED JESUS WAS BROUGHT FORTH FROM ETERNITY. Not from all eternity as the Spirit of God is. He is not co-eternal because the Spirit of God had to "bring him forth." I have already covered this subject above with supporting statements from God as well as the prophecies proving to the contrary. As I have repeatedly written, Jesus, the Son of God, God the Son, DID NOT EXIST UNTIL Mt.1:20, 23, and Lk.1:35. See also Heb.10:5.

Again, as I stated above. How do you explain the Christophonies. Are you saying they are mearly Angels?

6. Much of what you claim, as to Proverbs being poetry and about the 'craftsman at His side,' is completely non-Scriptural JG. You will have to support how you can verify your allegations pertaining to Pr.8:22-36, with Scripture to validate it.

Thats all I have been doing. You have been the one plucking single verses out of context.
Tell me. Name one Jewish rabbi who has used those verses in proverbs as messianic prophecy?

The fact of the matter is, the only primary argument here is to WHEN JESUS CAME INTO EXISTENCE AND WHEN HE BECAME JESUS, THE SON OF GOD AS WELL AS GOD THE SON. Outside of that there is little else to discuss, is there.

Quasar. This almost sounds right but let me correct it for you.
The fact of the matter is, the only primary argument here is to WHEN JESUS CAME INTO EXISTENCE AND WHEN HE BECAME JESUS (He never because Jesus, he has always been Jesus.), THE SON OF GOD AS WELL AS GOD THE SON. (Jesus has always been the son of God as well as God. He did not become God. See my earlier post on John 1:1, John1:14 and Col 1:15-18) Outside of that there is little else to discuss, is there.

Blessings,

Quasar[/quote]

Blessings to you Quasar.
Jg

lovely said:
Hi George,

George wrote:

Yup....you are right on the nosey there....God does give the Spirit to men to reveal as he chooses......still, who ya gonna go with...the hellenist Christian fathers and all the baggage they carry to interpret scripture? Not a good choice....

George wrote:
[quote:ee64f]Hey...there's always hope the light bulb will shine.... :smt005

That's what I'm talkin about...
:D

George wrote:

Contradict Pauline scripture?, yes maybe.....if you consider that scripture...it however complements Tanach scripture....

The Lord bless you.[/quote:ee64f]

Sorry about not responding....I just noticed your response today....been down in the dumps lately....and hadn't kept up as I usually do....

I generally like the site you provided....however, it isn't as detailed as the Memra article in http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com....BTW, that is the site that is premier when it comes to Judaism.

Thread subject

Quote by Georges:

>>>Sorry about not responding....I just noticed your response today....been down in the dumps lately....and hadn't kept up as I usually do....

I generally like the site you provided....however, it isn't as detailed as the Memra article in http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com....BTW, that is the site that is premier when it comes to Judaism.

Q: Thanks for your response, but you didn't tell me if I have your permission to use that which you have posted. Is the Memta public domain and can it be used elsewhere for the discussion board purposes?

Sorry to learn you have been down in the dumps. I always remember Ps.23 when I'm backed up against a wall for any reason.

In His love,

Quasar

Thread subject

lovely said:
Hello Quasar,

Blessings,

Quasar

I liked it. I don't agree with you, obviously, that Christ was created, but I liked this work on the Memra. I don't know if you read George's links, but I liked this in comparison.

The Lord bless you, today.

Greetings Lovely,

No, Lovely, I did not say Christ was created when the Spirit of God possessed his pre-incarnated spirit, and brought him forth as the first of His works, before the world began; as it is written in Pr.8:22-23, and again in Col.1:15, the FIRSTBORN OVER ALL CREATION. The pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus was provided a body by God, in Heb.10:5, at least 4,000 years later, with His incarnation by the Holy Spirit [Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35].

I too like the work Georges has shared with us.

In His love,

Quasar

--The Immortal Christ God--

There is nothing created that Christ was not involved in [as God]. (other world's'!) The Gospel is Everlasting as with the Covenant. Everlasting in this context means 'Immortal' with no beginning or ending! Prov. talks about the 'future'! Christ playing as a lad. What was brought 'forth' was the 'plan of salvation'. The GodHead had for/ordained that Christ would become the Son. The PLAN CAME FORTH when it was pre/ordained to be brought forth.

In heaven itself the rebellion started. Lucifer was the covering cherub over the [MERCY SEAT.] (Everlasting Gospel) Under the Mercy Seat was the Ark of God, where in were the Everlasting Covenant. (10 Commandments) The GodHead was not in eternity taken by supprise. They knew that the PLAN OF SALVATION would be required to be BROUGHT FORTH!

Notice in Psalms 2:7 future tense.. "[I will make the decree]: the [Lord hath said unto *me], THOU ART *MY SON; [THIS *DAY HAVE I *BEGOTTEN THEE]." Surely that is clear? But what day in the future is it stated that Christ was begotten??

In Heb. 1:2 we see that .. "Hath in the last days spoken unto us by His Son, (But notice this!) ... by whom also [HE CREATED THE OTHER WORLDS]: (plural)

and in verse 5?? We see Psalms 2:7 is now past/tense! "For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art my Son, [THIS DAY HAVE I BEGOTTEN THEE?]"

So the GodHead were, & always will be the GODHEAD! God the Son as we know Him became God the Son at conception by the Holy Ghost! See Psalms 139:15-16. It was then that the PLAN that had its beginning on 'earth', yet never was 'eternity' with out the known plan. OK??

---John

Thread subject

Greetings JGredline,

1. Quote by JG:

>>> Quasar
The reason I keep bringing up verse 16 is because you keep bringing up verse 15. If each one of us brought out only one verse we would be guilty of taking a verse out of context.
The scripture reads in context. 1 col 1:15-18
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

This means simply this. We will use the Scripture itself as a commentary.

Paul clearly declares Christ to be God in this very letter by saying he ''created all things'' (verse 1:16) and has ''the fullness of the Godhead'' (see verse col 2:9 where Paul also affirms the deity of CHrist) the referance to ''first born'' does not mean he is the referance to fisrt born in creation, but the first born over creation (vese 15), since '' he is before all things'' ( verse 17) '' First'' born in this contex does not mean the first one to be born, but the heir of all, the creator and owner of ''all things''

Bottom line is he could not have been a created thing<<<

Q: What Paul wrote in Col,1:16 that Jesus 'created all things' is in complete harmony with what the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus said, written by Solomon, and inspiried by the Holy Spirit in Pr.8:30: "Then I was the CRAFTSMAN AT HIS SIDE. I was filled with delight day after day rejoicing always in His presence."

That you attempt to wriggle and squirm around that this represents wisdom in a feminine gender is ludicrous at best. It is the Personidication of the WHO OF GOD'S WISDOM. The term CRAFTSMAN means SKILLED MANUEL WORKER, as in ARTISAN, and is not referring to an attribute of character, such as WISDOM in that context whatsoever!

The pronoun 'her,' or 'she' [Pr.8:1-3], is simply following the use of a feminine ending for Spirit [And even most modern ones!] don't necessarily distinguish gender of the nouns that way. So that cannot be used as any form of argument, any more than it can be held against any of us who agree that masculine is metaphysically proper for various reasons.

You cannot have it both ways, my trinitarian friend! Jesus Christ, the Son of God, God the Son, DID NOT EXIST UNTIL MT.1:20 AND LK.1:35! Paul also wrote, "He is the image of the invisible God, THE FIRSTBORN OVER ALL CREATION!" HE DID NOT WRITE JESUS OR CHRIST in that passage [but rather, BY HIM all things were created]. That you think so, is nothing but your imagination and completely non-Scriptural!

Please explain to me why reference to the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus is not the FIRSTBORN OVER ALL CREATION as the Word of God clearly states? And why is vs 15 any different than vs 18 that states HE IS THE FIRSTBORN FROM THE DEAD? They both mean exactly what the Bible intends it to mean, He was THE FIRSTBORN OVER BOTH, BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN! Your views on vs 15 is as I have stated previously of trinitarians, are nothing but wiggling and squirming around trying to make both Pr.8:22-36 and Col.1:15 something they aren't. And a denial of what is documented in the Bible, or to try sweeping it under the rug to preserve the teachings parroted from the minds of men, to add, it is also completely non-Scriptural

That you allude to Col.1:16 'has the fullness of the Godhead,' is more imagination without a shred of Scriptural support! Col.2:9 is referring to the incarnated Jesus - NOT THE PRE-INCARNATED SPIRIT OF JESUS!

The fact of the matter is, the Bible clearly documents the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus was created, as previously transcribed from the Scriptures. See also, Job 15:7-8.

Quote by JG:

>>>Ok, I already explained Col 1:15
I will now move on to Isa 43:10 where this part of scripture is speaking of The Lord summons Israel and all the nations to a court test. Let them bring ... witnesses as to the ability of idols to predict future events. Otherwise let them acknowledge that only God is true. The Lord calls Israel as His witnesses; they should testify that He is the only true God, that He is eternal, that besides Him there is no savior and Deliverer, and that His decrees and acts cannot be thwarted.
Now lets look at Isa 44:6-8 The Lord, the King of Israel, is uniqueâ€â€the only true God. He challenges any so-called god to predict the future as He does, especially with regard to the ancient people, Israel. His people need not fear any challenge to His supremacy. They are His witnesses that He has foretold the future, and that He is the only God. He Himself does not know of any other genuine Rock. So Quasar. These verses if anything add to my argument especailly when combined with Proverbs 8:22-36. The verse is clearly speaking of two thirds of the God head. So there is no conflict and we agree that God cannot lie.<<<

Q: Nothing in the above alters in any way, the testimony of God Himself, that HE IS THE ONLY GOD, THERE IS NO OTHER. Which means, the Son of God, God the Son DID NOT YET EXIST! Which did not take place until in the NT, Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35, fulfilling the following Scriptually documented prophecies: Ps.2:7; 45:6-7 and Isa.7:14. AND WHEN THOSE WERE FULFILLED, they were repeated in Heb.1:5, 8-9!

Quote by JG:

>>>This is mearly your opinion. How do you explain all the Christophonies that ocoured in the OT. when Christ encarnte appeared to Jacob, Abraham, Hagar, just to name a few.<<<

Q: No, it is not my opinion, it is recorded and documented in the Word of God, His Holy Bible! Pre-incarnated appearances of the spirit of Jesus are usually called Theophanies. Not Christophanies, because he was neither incarnated nor was he Christ during those episodes. Yes, there are a number of them we can find in the OT, including Jos.5:13-15 and Dan.3:25 and 12:6.

Quote by JG:

>>>I will look into all these names and see what I come up with.<<<

Q: By all means, be my guest.

Quote by JG:

>>>If you are a trinitarian, then this all makes sense. I am not saying that Jesus was a man in the flesh floating in space before God created the heavens and the earth. The trinity is a mystery no dought. A mystery that no man can understand as I have stated before, why would I want to serve a God whom I can understand, This was Satans problem. He thought he could be like God and it cost him. Now we both agree that God is Spirit correct.
So who was in the Garden with Adam and Eve? My Argument is that Jesus was not created as you believe. Jesus was there from the very beginning.
See John 1:1 and again see John 1:14.. Go back to me previouse post.<<<

Q: Contrary to your opinion, the Bible makes sense to all Bible students and theologians who are NOT TRINITARIANS! Indeed, the Trinity is a mystery that if ten of you are asked to explain it, there will be ten different answers! That is the primary reason it is completely bogus! Why do you defend a man made doctrine rather than spending the time studying how God describes Himself?

Your above remarks make it clear, what I have posted has gone unread, or if you did read it, you simply do not understand it! There isn't a single bit of conflict in the created pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus and either Jn.1:1 and 14. As I showed you in the description and interpretation of the Logos, in the Bible Dictionary, that the Greek Logos was improperly translated as 'Word,' and means, "Forming a medium of communication between God and man" [As in 1 Tim.2:5].

Let me make this abundantly clear: I have never said that Jesus was created! But rather, his spirit was created, the FIRSTBORN OVER ALL CREATION! As God prophcied through the prophet Isaiah, Jesus incarnated by the Holy Spirit, through the virgin Mary, in Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35. Then see Heb.10:5 as well.

Quote by JG:

>>>Quasar
Do you believe wisdom is male or female?<<<

Q: That question has already been addressed above!

Quote by JG:

>>>Again, as I stated above. How do you explain the Christophonies. Are you saying they are mearly Angels?<<<

Q: As explained above, the appearances of the pre-incarnated Jesus are called Theophanies. Because Jesus, Christ, the Son of God, God the Son, did not exist until Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35 as prophecied in Isa.7:14 as well as Ps.2:7. No, I am not saying Theophanies of the pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus are angels. Because I personally do not believe the spirit of the pre-incarnated Jesus was ever an angel. This has already been covered previously, above.

Quote by JG:

>>>Thats all I have been doing. You have been the one plucking single verses out of context.
Tell me. Name one Jewish rabbi who has used those verses in proverbs as messianic prophecy?<<<

Q: Pr.8:22-36 is not poetry! It is the WHO OF THE WISDOM, POWER AND KNOWLEDGE OF GOD! 1 Cor.1:24 and 2 Col.2-3. As for the Rabbinical views pertaining to the prexistence of the Messiah, see the threads of Georges who covered it very clearly. As for your claim about my 'plucking single verses out of context.' That has to be the epitome of ignorance! Where have you ever gone to a church where the pastor is preaching the Gospel of Christ, who does not use the many scattered verses to cover His complete sermon? NOTHING I POSTED IS OUT OF CONTEXT! Immaturity and anger result in attacking people, rather than the issues, because the aggressor is unable to field support for his views.

Quote by JG:

>>> (Jesus has always been the son of God as well as God. He did not become God. See my earlier post on John 1:1, John1:14 and Col 1:15-18)<<<

Q: I really feel sorry for you, JG! It is so important for you to defend the indefensible rather than swallow your pride and admit the errors in your remarks. Jesus was not the Son of God until Mt.1:20 and 23: Lk.1:35, as prophecied in Ps.2:7 and Isa.7:14. The pre-incarnated spirit of Jesus was the Firstborn of all creation, as recorded in Pr.8:22-36, and in complete harmony with Col.1:15-18 and Jn.1:1-3, as properly interpreted in the Greek term Logos, "Forming a medium of communication between God and man" [As in 1 Tim.2:5].

Your argument is completely circular and quite pointless in an ongoing review of material already posted previously, over and over again. My Scriptural views have been clearly delineated and stand firm as posted and this will conclude my discussion with you on this subject.

God Bless,

Quasar

Quasar,
Thank you for your support and understanding. Your God's best

I'm very sorry if I failed to observe one of your rules. However, I was unaware that cutting and pasting proprietary work was meant by it.

Quasar
You should not feel sorry for me, but you should really look at what your saying and in regards to the Lord Jesus Christ. You are denying him his deity. You will be held accountable for that..
I know that this must come as a shock to you. I am sure you'r not used to being challenged let alone by some guy who does not have alphabet soup next to his name. What I do have on my side is the word of God and the Holy spirit who reveals truth. I know it must be hard for you too understand much of what I have been saying because if you accepted it, or got proved wrong, you would need to repent of the false teachings you have done. You say there are no Christophonies but theophonies.. This is simply not true. For a unitraian or binitarian or one who denies the deity of Christ, then this next article will come to a surprise to you. Its a short article but explains well what you don't want to believe. I normally do my own exposition and commentary, but after reading this, there was no need.
Here is a small part. of the article.

Since it is a Bible teaching that no one has seen, or can see the Father Himself, (Ex 33; John 1:18; 1 Tim 1:17), most evangelical teachers ascribe all visible appearances of God in human or angelic form to the Son manifesting Himself prior to His incarnation. Judges 13:15-22; Zechariah 3:1-5; Exodus 3:16; and Genesis 18:1-33, are among many passages that Bible scholars believe are Christophanies. How do we tell from the Scriptures if a particular angelic manifestation is merely an angel, or if it is an appearance of the pre-existent Son? The following passage is a classic one that illustrates this.

Joshua 5:13-15 Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, “Are you for us or for our enemies?†“Neither,†he replied, “but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come.†Then Joshua fell face down to the ground in reverence, and asked him, “What message does my Lord have for his servant?†The commander of the LORD’s army replied, “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy.†And Joshua did so. (NIV)

The underlined portion of the verse is the key to understanding this passage as an appearance of Christ before the Incarnation. The Commander of the LORD’s army uses the same words that Jehovah uses when Moses came before the burning bush. That, and the Person’s acceptance of worship, which is reserved for God alone, (Ex 20:1-3) prove this to be a Christophany. There are many Christophanies in the Old Testament. Christ has always been--our Savior did not come into existence on the day of His birth--He came into flesh on that day.

To read the complete article click on the link.
http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=1532

Quasar.
I know this is a shock to you, but don't let pride get in your way. Look at it as a new beginning and go back to being a Trinitarian.

May the Holy spirit reveal himself to you.

George,

Sorry about not responding....I just noticed your response today....been down in the dumps lately....and hadn't kept up as I usually do....

George, I am sorry to hear that you were down. Odd, I haven't been on lately because of grief. I felt it lifting today, and my hope is that this wave is over, and He will continue to lift it so that I may rest, and gain strength. I will keep you in my prayers. The prayer that came to my mind this morning was taken from Psalm 42. This chapter is such a blessing. Let me share verse 11...

Psalm 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

The Lord bless you.

Thread subject

Atonement said:
Quasar,
Thank you for your support and understanding. Your God's best

I'm very sorry if I failed to observe one of your rules. However, I was unaware that cutting and pasting proprietary work was meant by it.

Q: Greetings Atonement,

Please excuse the lengthy delay in getting back to you about the link to your church. I still hold a membership in the First Baptist Church of Searcy, AR, where I lived for 6 years. Since hearing problems from aircraft noise in WW2 aircraft, I am no longer able to hear the pastor's message. Nor can I hear my own voice when hymns are sung. You know how disastrous that can be! :-D

So for the past 15 years, Dr. Charles Stanley, Pastor of the first Baptist Church of Atlanta, has been mine, on TV every Sunday. He is one of the best teachers of the Scriptures I have known throughout my lifetime.

Here is a link to his web site: http://www.intouch.org

As I part company in a couple of doctrinal and theological areas, I now refer to myself as non-denominational.

God Bless,

Quasar

Back