Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

Well Brother Chopper, I don’t see where Sarah was any different than the rest of us saved by grace. She was a liar just like us. David said all men are liars in Psa 116:11.

Gen 18:15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid (Liar, liar, pants on fire just like Abraham was when he gave Sarah to the Egyptians). And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
I think she probably swallowed humble pie and said something along the lines of David below. I know that has been reflected in my life. I sure was not godly.
Psa 116:12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

And even then later she still doesn’t get it when Hagar came along. Godly? Only by grace are we seen, and are kept in Christ Jesus.

As to the situation with Abraham and Lot concerning the herdsmen and the grazing of cattle, both had great herds and there was probably overgrazing when they would vie for the best pastures. I do admire the stand Abraham made in conceding the decision to God as it were, and as usual Canaan is where God wanted him anyway. Lot chose the world, and it always looks good even to the worldly Christian. Some think Lot was not of God? Well 2 Pet 2:7 says he was. And delivered just (Righteous) Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

Well Brother Chopper, I don’t see where Sarah was any different than the rest of us saved by grace. She was a liar just like us. David said all men are liars in Psa 116:11.

Gen 18:15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid (Liar, liar, pants on fire just like Abraham was when he gave Sarah to the Egyptians). And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
I think she probably swallowed humble pie and said something along the lines of David below. I know that has been reflected in my life. I sure was not godly.
Psa 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

And even then later she still doesn’t get it when Hagar came along. Godly? Only by grace are we seen, and are kept in Christ Jesus.

As to the situation with Abraham and Lot concerning the herdsmen and the grazing of cattle, both had great herds and there was probably overgrazing when they would vie for the best pastures. I do admire the stand Abraham made in conceding the decision to God as it were, and as usual Canaan is where God wanted him anyway. Lot chose the world, and it always looks good even to the worldly Christian. Some think Lot was not of God? Well 2 Pet 2:7 says he was. And delivered just (Righteous) Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

:eek Wow, kinda ruff on Sarai?

Are women supposed to submit to their older brothers, like Sarah did, or is that just when they're also their husbands? I'd like to know, because I have a younger sister.

The TOG​

Are women supposed to submit to their older brothers, like Sarah did, or is that just when they're also their husbands? I'd like to know, because I have a younger sister.

The TOG​

yes. .... ... have to add also ... younger brothers, not just sisters, must(willingly, without grudges) submit to older brothers also.

She submitted to her husband,,,
reba, as Sarah submitted, so did Abraham. Gen 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, . . . hearken unto her voice . .

What I was attempting to say is that Abraham, Sarah, the Spirit and the flesh, and their righteousness was in none other thing they did but believing God, and righteousness was imputed unto them.

The things they failed at were common to both of them; Sarah doubted concerning Hagar, and Abraham should never have gone along with her suggestion. God in all these things was delivering them from the world, and their lives were examples or types of the things we enter into in Christ.

Hopefully Chopper I would never be against Sarah, but apply the lessons found in their walks to establish my own in submitting to the Spirit, and not the flesh. Rom 8:4.

I agree with ya Eugene i was just sticking up for Sarah cus the guys are trying to justify Abrams actions... :wink
A married woman submission to her brother?

My brother tried that once.

no, not referring to a married woman, unless /when the husband /and father/ are gone.

Yep Sarah lied and Abraham didn't that I know of.......Did Abraham always believe God?

Gen 17:17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear? :thud:rofl2

However, we need to be careful not to add to scripture as it does not tell us if Abraham broke
his nose when he fell. :shades

Did Abraham always believe God?
Hi Sister Deborah, there is various thoughts concerning Abraham before God called him, but I'll just give the following scripture.
Joshua 24:2 And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods. Evidently they were religious.

Back