Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

guess many of the TV preachers are just following ol Abe.... :shame No wonder when the Isrealites came along they needed 600+ laws ....
Nuff silliness

Reading this slowly seeing hearing the words i am taken to this...
1Pe 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
1Pe 3:6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

I think you're going a bit too far denigrating Bro Abraham there Sister. Are you suggesting a fornicating/ adultering Tv preacher is following Abraham ?

God had this to say on behalf of Abraham, (the Father of all the true believers), and it remains true to this day, and to the end of time >>>>
Genesis 12 (Amplified Bible)
Genesis 12
Amplified Bible (AMP)

12 Now [in Haran] the Lord said to Abram, Go for yourself [for your own advantage] away from your country, from your relatives and your father’s house, to the land that I will show you.

2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you [with abundant increase of favors] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [dispensing good to others].
3 And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves].

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God (This is Christ keeping us) keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. Our Father only sees Christ in us Who was judged for us, and John 16:11 says that the prince of this world is judged. There remains no accusation Satan can make stand against us even though he tries; the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. Rev 12:10.

Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Revelation 2
Amplified Bible (AMP)
1 To the angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Ephesus write: These are the words of Him Who holds the seven stars [which are the messengers of the seven churches] in His right hand, Who goes about among the seven golden lampstands [which are the seven churches]:
2 I know your industry and activities, laborious toil and trouble, and your patient endurance, and how you cannot tolerate wicked [men] and have tested and critically appraised those who call [themselves] apostles (special messengers of Christ) and yet are not, and have found them to be impostors and liars.
3 I know you are enduring patiently and are bearing up for My name’s sake, and you have not fainted or become exhausted or grown weary.
4 But I have this [one charge to make] against you: that you have left (abandoned) the love that you had at first [you have deserted Me, your first love].
5 Remember then from what heights you have fallen. Repent (change the inner man to meet God’s will) and do the works you did previously [when first you knew the Lord], or else I will visit you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you change your mind and repent.
6 Yet you have this [in your favor and to your credit]: you hate the works of the Nicolaitans [what they are doing as corrupters of the people], which I Myself also detest.
7 He who is able to hear, let him listen to and give heed to what the Spirit says to the assemblies (churches). To him who overcomes (is victorious), I will grant to eat [of the fruit] of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Day 44 Friday 5/30/14 Genesis Chapter 21 The Birth of Isaac.

As God promised, Sarah gave birth to Isaac in her old age. "is anything to hard for the LORD"? This reminds me that everything is possible with our Heavenly Father! This is so faith building, just to know that when we pray for those difficult requests, that if it is according to the will of God, it will be done! Don't forget that in all the different Names for Jehovah, such as Jehovah Rapha, God our Physician, those names reveal the nature of God, and knowing God's Nature, you know what God's will is when we pray.:woot2

V.4 has Isaac being circumcised by his father Abraham in keeping with the Covenant of circumcision. Sarah is "tickled" at the thought of being so old as to get pregnant, give birth to a healthy son, and being able to nurse him. "Is anything to hard for the LORD"? I can just imagine that Sarah's respect and awe of her LORD increased greatly because of this great miracle.

In V.9 we see Ishmael "laughing", probably means mocking. Galatians 4:29 has the Apostle Paul stating that Ishmael was "persecuting" Isaac, probably making fun of Isaac's role as Abraham's promised son.

Sarah was extremely upset at Ishmael's treatment of her son, and asks Abraham to "cast out this slave woman and her son." She refused to have Ishmael considered an heir with Isaac.

The Lord settled the little feud and had Abraham ( at Sarah"s God given instruction) send Hagar and Ishmael out, but not without a promise to make Ishmael into a great Nation. A miracle of a "well of water" satisfied their thirst. They eventually settled in Paran with Hagar finding a wife for her son in the land of Egypt. Sometimes, a mother choosing a mate for her son/daughter would make a better choice than if left to her child....Mothers are smart that way!:yes

Next, we have Abimelech making a very smart move in making a treaty with Abraham because he recognized "God is with you in all that you do."

The Chapter ends very well with Abraham dwelling in the land of the Philistines, really?

Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

I really like Gal. 4:26. Thanks for sharing.

Gen 21:6 And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.

Sarah laughs out loud. This time in joy I think, she says God made her laugh, rather than disbelief.
Abraham named his son Isaac, which means "he laughs/laughter".

Ishmael was about 16 yrs old at this time.

Beersheba = well of an oath

Gen 21:6 And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.

Sarah laughs out loud. This time in joy I think, she says God made her laugh, rather than disbelief.
Abraham named his son Isaac, which means "he laughs/laughter".

Ishmael was about 16 yrs old at this time.

Beersheba = well of an oath
:goodpost :amen

COOL :) :wave2:poke
Whoever God doesn't hold any sins against. If He doesn't, no one can (probably, anyway, eh?)
When He says sins are gone as far as east is to the west,
or never to be remembered any more,
or blotted out (Hebrew anyone?) and gone, whether nailed to the living tree Yeshua hung on or otherwise blotted out,
for if God held sins against anyone,
who then could stand ? _ no one. ('cept Yeshua Messiah of course!)

Psalm 32:1-2
Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
32 (0) By David. A maskil:
(1) How blessed are those whose offense is forgiven,
those whose sin is covered!
2 How blessed those to whom Adonai imputes no guilt,
in whose spirit is no deceit!

"I have been crucified with Yeshua. It is no longer I who live, but Yeshua who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal. 2:20 ESV. I therefore give Jehovah my Elohim deep praise and honor for His unspeakable gift of Salvation. I will forever praise His Name!

Gen 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
Gen 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
Gen 22:3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
Gen 22:4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
Gen 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
Gen 22:6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

The fire... In our world today we have long forgotten the importance of fire.. the importance of keeping the fire not letting it go out... feeding the embers....
Fire is used so very often in Scripture....

Luk_3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

we have the burning bush

Rev_3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Something is telling me we are missing some great nuances ...
yes, per previous, and
from just 4 words from Genesis 22:1
"God did tempt Abraham" 4 examples there <<< "God" Yhwh, Elohim,Abba,Almighty Creator,Nurturer Giver of LIfe,Mighty One,Healer
............................................................................"did" was in process of, had done once, did once period, did for a moment, did for a while
............................................................................."tempt" .. "Yhwh tempts no one", ask, prompted, led aside, urged, persuaded,lured,....
................................................................."Abraham" formerly Abram, like ((Peter,Simon,Petra,Petros,Cephas)) i.e.Names Important, almost never recognized importance/simple meanings in english(thankfully some have been shared on this forum).

nuances, nephews, nieces, sons, daughters, cousins, ... ... ... lord, Lord, master, Master, catholic, Catholic --- capital,Capital, capitol

for instance 'aleph' - the first letter. well known to Yeshua and to Abraham. a letter with no sound. the beginning of the most beautiful language. scholars will study and debate 'aleph' for years and still not agree.

so, yes, we are all missing some great and wonderful nuances - it would take a lifetime to discover a small part of them !

Back