Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

I see the church making the same dumb mistakes as isreal did and the same GOD being merciful and gracious to us.

These men would be the foundation of the nation of Israel and therefore the people who would bring the Redeemer, the Savior of all mankind.
God didn't have an easy time with them (the nation of Israel) in getting His plan for this accomplished.
There is God's perfect will and there is God's permissive will. I believe what we are seeing in these scriptures is God's perfect will to bring about His perfect plan.

There has been a lot of debate amongst the preachers that I used to fellowship with about a permissive will of God. Personally, I don't believe there is such a thing. It's either His perfect will or we are out of His will....Has there ever been a thread on this subject here at CF.net?

There has been a lot of debate amongst the preachers that I used to fellowship with about a permissive will of God. Personally, I don't believe there is such a thing. It's either His perfect will or we are out of His will....Has there ever been a thread on this subject here at CF.net?

that's too narrow a subject/ too restrictive for online forum - His Perfect Will and His Word repeatedly identifies the Remnant in Christ Jesus, and also the majority opposed to Christ Jesus and opposed to the Remnant. He has permitted this just like He permitted the wickedness in the days of Noah - He didn't make anyone or force anyone to get on the ark to be saved; so also today all those who are in the world's 'permissive' way, He doesn't in any way force nor coerce nor even 'push' into His Kingdom, so the majority ("multitudes") remain lost of their own choosing, willfully and willingly refusing to acknowledge or even to cry out to God for HIs Help. instead, they party with rejoicing when His Witnesses are killed.

Revelation 11:7-10King James Version (KJV)
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

and from Revelation 6 we see that the whole world doesn't even think of turning to God for His salvation , healing, or help, when 1/3 of the population dies as it is written....

how can this be ? how can the world be so far from God ?

it has been moving further and further from Him willingly and without realizing what they are doing for almost a century, so finally they don't even think of calling on Him for help. (except for a remnant He keeps for Himself.)

God allows us to make choices and it is God's will to allow us to make choices. I don't know if there has been a thread about it but it might be a good one to have. I think Matt Slick does well with this.
http://carm.org/does-god-have-a-plan-for-my-life

that's too narrow a subject/ too restrictive for online forum - His Perfect Will and His Word repeatedly identifies the Remnant in Christ Jesus, and also the majority opposed to Christ Jesus and opposed to the Remnant. He has permitted this just like He permitted the wickedness in the days of Noah - He didn't make anyone or force anyone to get on the ark to be saved; so also today all those who are in the world's 'permissive' way, He doesn't in any way force nor coerce nor even 'push' into His Kingdom, so the majority ("multitudes") remain lost of their own choosing, willfully and willingly refusing to acknowledge or even to cry out to God for HIs Help. instead, they party with rejoicing when His Witnesses are killed.

Revelation 11:7-10King James Version (KJV)
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

and from Revelation 6 we see that the whole world doesn't even think of turning to God for His salvation , healing, or help, when 1/3 of the population dies as it is written....

how can this be ? how can the world be so far from God ?

it has been moving further and further from Him willingly and without realizing what they are doing for almost a century, so finally they don't even think of calling on Him for help. (except for a remnant He keeps for Himself.)

Thanks for your opinion.

God allows us to make choices and it is God's will to allow us to make choices. I don't know if there has been a thread about it but it might be a good one to have. I think Matt Slick does well with this.
http://carm.org/does-god-have-a-plan-for-my-life

God does allow us to make choices, but...

Joseph's brothers chose to sell him into slavery. Pharaoh chose to let his butler out of prison. The butler chose to tell Pharaoh about Joseph. Pharaoh chose to set Joseph over the task of preparing for the famine. All those choices and more were made by many people individually, but for some reason, all those choices were made at exactly the right time and in exactly the right way so that they fit into God's plan.

Hmmm... :thinking

The TOG​

Romans 8:28Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
28 Furthermore, we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called in accordance with his purpose;

God does allow us to make choices, but...

Joseph's brothers chose to sell him into slavery. Pharaoh chose to let his butler out of prison. The butler chose to tell Pharaoh about Joseph. Pharaoh chose to set Joseph over the task of preparing for the famine. All those choices and more were made by many people individually, but for some reason, all those choices were made at exactly the right time and in exactly the right way so that they fit into God's plan.

Hmmm... :thinking

The TOG​

:) I agree, see post 1313
http://christianforums.net/Fellowsh...eep-look-at-genesis.53389/page-66#post-967899

:hysterical

Gen 43:19 And they came near to the steward of Joseph's house, and they communed with him at the door of the house,
Gen 43:20 And said, O sir, we came indeed down at the first time to buy food:
Gen 43:21 And it came to pass, when we came to the inn, that we opened our sacks, and, behold, every man's money was in the mouth of his sack, our money in full weight: and we have brought it again in our hand.
Gen 43:22 And other money have we brought down in our hands to buy food: we cannot tell who put our money in our sacks.
Gen 43:23 And he said, Peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father, hath given you treasure in your sacks: I had your money. And he brought Simeon out unto them.
Gen 43:24 And the man brought the men into Joseph's house, and gave them water, and they washed their feet; and he gave their asses provender.
Gen 43:25 And they made ready the present against Joseph came at noon: for they heard that they should eat bread there.

Isa_19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
Gen 43:23 And he said, Peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father

Seems God has Hie own when and where He needs them..

Day 114 Tuesday 8/12/14 Genesis 43:19-25 What a relief.
The following is the third Bible translation that I want to present. William Tyndale, God's chief instrument in bringing about the Reformation in England. His famous statement "If God preserves my life, I will cause a boy that driveth a plow to know more of the Scriptures than the Pope." has been quoted many times. His translation was published in 1525. Our English translations retain 80% of his original work of the O.T. and 90% in the N.T. (America's Providential History) used by permission.

19 Therfore came they to the man that was the ruelar ouer Iosephs house and comened with him at the doore
20 and sayde:Sir we came hither at the first tyme to bye foode
21 and as we came to an Inne and opened oure sackes: beholde euery mannes money was in his sacke with full weghte: But we haue broght it agene with us
22 and other mony haue we brought also in oure handes to bye foode but we can not tell who put oure money in oure sackes.
23 And he sayde: be of good chere feare not: Youre God and the God of youre fathers hath put you that treasure in youre sackes for I had youre money. And he brought Simeon out to them
24 ad led the into Iosephs house and gaue the water to washe their fete and gaue their asses prauender:
25 And they made redie their present agaynst Ioseph came at none for they herde saye that they shulde dyne there.

Gen 43:19 "And they came near to the steward of Joseph's house, and they communed with him at the door of the house."

AT this point, the brothers were, as I mentioned before, guilt ridden. Funny thing about guilt, it is uppermost in our minds, especially, when we pray. Have you ever done something that wasn't right? And that nagging feeling of guilt surfaces? We are talking about a God thing, when ever we commune with Elohim, He has not forgot that wrong, rats! that was long ago. Even I had put it out of my mind, rats! Everything is written down in heaven, we can't escape. We all have experienced this operation of God for our good. We need to make it right again if there is a chance, if not, repent and not do it again.

Before the brothers meet up with the royal Ambassador of Egypt, they wanted to spill the beans so that this servant of Joseph might plead their case and not be treated badly.

Gen 43:20 "And said, O sir, we came indeed down at the first time to buy food."

The words "O sir" has a pleading or a prayer like expression says the Latin Vulgate of Judah making the request. He was speaking for the rest and wanted this steward to know just what had happened.

Gen 43:21 "And it came to pass, when we came to the inn, that we opened our sacks, and, behold, every man's money was in the mouth of his sack, our money in full weight: and we have brought it again in our hand."

In recounting what had happened at their first stop on the way back home, Judah explains what really happened to the steward. As I mentioned before, I would do the very same thing so that the steward would be a more favorable voice to the Ambassador.

Gen 43:22 "And other money have we brought down in our hands to buy food: we cannot tell who put our money in our sacks."

Since their intentions were not to steal the corn without paying for it, they bring double to pay for the past corn and a new amount of corn. I think this statement was to show their honesty. Judah explains their ignorance of who put it back in their sacks. That's not all their ignorant of! :lol

Gen 43:23 "And he said, Peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father, hath given you treasure in your sacks: I had your money. And he brought Simeon out unto them."

This steward who could speak Hebrew, said "Shalom" or peace to you. Finally, the brothers could relax. The steward must have noted their fear and anxiety over being invited into Joseph's house. "Relax guys, you are not in danger." Apparently, Joseph had taught this steward about the wonderful God that he served. He certainly had many stories of God's protection in all the evil events that God had brought him thru. I do wonder if Joseph told his steward of how his brothers had sold him into slavery.

The brothers must have been shocked at the steward's statement, "Your God and the God of your father." It is now that the plan of Almighty God is beginning to put the final pieces of this grand puzzle together. The money that was returned was a "treasure" of God to them. Here is ten of Joseph's brothers who abused Joseph, getting a treasure from God, talk about grace. God's ways are sure beyond my understanding. As an additional blessing, Simeon was brought out of where they were keeping him.he brought Simeon out unto them.

Gen 43:24 "And the man brought the men into Joseph's house, and gave them water, and they washed their feet; and he gave their asses provender."

After the conversation between Joseph's brothers and the steward of the house, they were brought into Joseph's house. They were well cared for which must have put the brothers at ease. They were cleaned up by washing their dirty feet, as well as feeding their donkeys.

Gen 43:25 "And they made ready the present against Joseph came at noon: for they heard that they should eat bread there."

They were told that they would dine with the Ambassador at noon. In preparation of Joseph's coming, the brothers arranged the gifts that Jacob had chosen to bring with them....These events are all in the wonderful plan of God. It is amazing to me how our wise God has put this whole affair into action to save Jacob's family from dying in a famine of the land, all the while teaching Jacob and his sons some very important lessons on faith and trust in God for their survival and how to treat each other. There were many lessons in this account for them as well as us.

take note:
1) joseph so influenced Egypt that they had a type of circumcision
2) the Egyptians abhorred shepherds.

Back