Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Well i think that's it for me. Deeply saddened.

Glad you chose to stay Paul :)

I'm kinda in your part of the world and know what you mean. If I truly said what I thought in some of these political threads I would have to ban myself. Hang in there buddy.

Thanks, everyone. I did some deep thinking and just decide why let a couple of schoolyard bully types turn me away from the friendship and enjoyment here. now when I check the threads if I see either of them are involved with, I don't bother.
It's a bit like a workout: You get to the point where it's painful, but you push through and ignore it and the pain disappears. When you've finished, there's a great sense of satisfaction that you came through the other side and the pain has disappeared. This is the same , keep pushing through it and the pain(s) will disappear.
Nick "vegemite sammy"? you an Aussie?
Blessings to you all

Thanks, everyone. I did some deep thinking and just decide why let a couple of schoolyard bully types turn me away from the friendship and enjoyment here.
Right! :thumbsup If all the good people run and hide from the internet bullies, then some day only the bullies will be left, and they will be unopposed. God wants for the meek to inherit the earth, not for the bullies, trolls and keyboard warriors. So we can't allow that to happen. It's your duty to stay around. :yes

It may seem those unpleasant and disrespectful people get away with it, but they will not.
See Matthew 5:21-22:
<sup class="versenum">21-22 </sup>“You’re familiar with the command to the ancients, ‘Do not murder.’ I’m telling you that anyone who is so much as angry with a brother or sister is guilty of murder. Carelessly call a brother ‘idiot!’ and you just might find yourself hauled into court. Thoughtlessly yell ‘stupid!’ at a sister and you are on the brink of hellfire. The simple moral fact is that words kill.
(I really love the "Message" translation! :))

So God has seen how you got hurt by those other people's words. He's taking that as seriously as if you'd been physically hurt. The ones responsible for your sadness will have to answer for it (unless they repent and ask for forgiveness).

Haha Claudya, Meek? I've been called a lot of things in my life, but no ones ever called me THAT before! :biglol 6 feet plus and 200lbs of tattooed martial artist reformed and rebirthed by the Holy Spirit!

I was more offended than hurt, that supposed brothers in Christ would act in such a way towards anyone on this forum. I pray for them that they will change their hearts away from the "wolf pack" mentality before their vitriolic diatribe really hurts someone who IS meek.
To me now, it's water under the bridge. I'm just enjoying sharing the word and my journey with people like yourself and other like minded people who took the time and cared enough to post messages of support.
God bless you and your loved ones

6 feet plus and 200lbs of tattooed martial artist
Hehe, your appearance doesn't say anything about the meekness of your heart. :D
And your being offended by those supposed brethren in Christ is actually a sign of meekness, since being worried about other meek people getting hurt shows care and compassion for them.
Don't worry, being called meek is not an offense. Although it rhymes with "weak", it's not the same. ;)

To me now, it's water under the bridge.
Good. I still hope that internet bullies go away when they don't get the attention they so desperately hunger for. Let's starve them.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Paul1965

Blessings to you all

Welll then you should celebrate over some Nutella sandwiches and milk

Welll then you should celebrate over some Nutella sandwiches and milk
Never really got into nutella too sweet. Vegemite on Toast for brekky..that's the ticket...whenever one the Aussie expats here goes to Oz we always bring back large jars of vegemite to carry us through..
Nick, N,E, S,or W part of Oz? I'm a Wozzie

Glad you chose to stay Paul :)

I'm kinda in your part of the world and know what you mean. If I truly said what I thought in some of these political threads I would have to ban myself. Hang in there buddy.

lol. that wouldnt have been that communist thread?

Never really got into nutella too sweet. Vegemite on Toast for brekky..that's the ticket...whenever one the Aussie expats here goes to Oz we always bring back large jars of vegemite to carry us through..
I LOVE Nutella! :lol but yeah, Vegemite is awesome. When I was in England I tried their version, Marmite I think it was called. Horrible. :gah

Wozzie? Is that WA? I'm in Sydney.

lol. that wouldnt have been that communist thread?
LOL and more recent ones. I can't believe I was asked to be on staff after that commie thread. I think Rick is a closet communist. :lol

When I came to this forum, I was very happy that I'd found like minded Christian people to share the wonder of Gods love with. And, for the most part that's been true. Sadly there are some who think schoolyard bullying tactics, pseudo psycho analysis of others, spamming a thread with political rhetoric and answering simple questions with demeaning and belittling comments is appropriate. Anyone who is not of their political persuasion is a target and they seem to get away with it unchecked. The final straw has been a new thread someone started about hatred, and the reply from one of the members here was to call for it's removal, followed by more name calling and belittling. When I pointed this out I too was the target of this keyboard warrior.

While I am far from being perfect, I do make every effort to avoid confrontation by using civil language in everything I do. (not so, many moons ago) In the real world outside of the forum these two heroes would be on a fast track to some nasty repercussions if they behaved in this manner towards other human beings.

So in a nutshell , enough is enough. I sincerely hope that the moderators will ban these bullies before they have a chance to attack someone with their insolent manner again. You both know who you are and I suggest standing in front of a mirror,take a good long look at yourself before you again call yourself "men" of God.
I wish every one here the best of the life God has blessed us with
Blessings in Christ to each and every one of you here at CFnet
paul

You are correct in your assessment. I think at times people are unwilling to see other's opinion. Sometimes people can become uncouth in their words. We can be civil. Our opinions may differ since we all will never see eye to eye on everything....but we can agree without being disagreeable. I like your term :"keyboard warriors". A very insightful post.

I agree, the commercial makes it look so healthy and when I read the ingredients immediately put it down...so much sugar!

Hi BornAgain, thats the trouble with a lot of the "healthy" products these days.
they take something perfectly healthy and nutritious like hazel nuts (in moderation..they high in fat), add sugar and other junk then process the heck out of it and turn it into a poison! Package it with a cute label, wholesome advertizing and a really cute spokes-cartoon, that makes kids throw a tantrum in the shops if mum doesn't buy it for them and you've got a recipe for an epidemic of overweight unhealthy kids and adults. Phew ! sorry for the rant,:oops something that gets under my skin...obviously. just finished doing an article for my blog on a similar theme so the bloods pumping.

Hi BornAgain, thats the trouble with a lot of the "healthy" products these days.
they take something perfectly healthy and nutritious like hazel nuts (in moderation..they high in fat), add sugar and other junk then process the heck out of it and turn it into a poison! Package it with a cute label, wholesome advertizing and a really cute spokes-cartoon, that makes kids throw a tantrum in the shops if mum doesn't buy it for them and you've got a recipe for an epidemic of overweight unhealthy kids and adults. Phew ! sorry for the rant,:oops something that gets under my skin...obviously. just finished doing an article for my blog on a similar theme so the bloods pumping.

:lol That's ok, they do make it look so healthy and pour a glass of milk and it looks like they are getting a nutritional breakfast. I took a class on nutrition and learned to read labels! Packaging looks pretty but the ingredients are not within sugar/sodium guidelines, etc. Read the labels...

Yep and loaded with TRANS-fat....ummm I think that ones staying on the shelf thank you very much...too many people don't read the labels or if they do,don't understand them.

Thanks, everyone. I did some deep thinking and just decide why let a couple of schoolyard bully types turn me away from the friendship and enjoyment here. now when I check the threads if I see either of them are involved with, I don't bother.
It's a bit like a workout: You get to the point where it's painful, but you push through and ignore it and the pain disappears. When you've finished, there's a great sense of satisfaction that you came through the other side and the pain has disappeared. This is the same , keep pushing through it and the pain(s) will disappear.
Blessings to you all

Know what you mean... Been doing it for years now... Sounds like you and I have a bit in common but God never fails us and he never leaves us. God has this way of allowing us to be put in situations that stretch and grow us into the people he wants us to be, as long as we are willing to be the people He wants us to be. We're not perfect. Just know your limits and know when to walk away.

Grace and Peace,
Jeff

I LOVE Nutella! :lol but yeah, Vegemite is awesome. When I was in England I tried their version, Marmite I think it was called. Horrible. :gah

Wozzie? Is that WA? I'm in Sydney.

LOL and more recent ones. I can't believe I was asked to be on staff after that commie thread. I think Rick is a closet communist. :lol

uhm, lol rick a commie. im about as right leaning as him.

Back