Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Well i think that's it for me. Deeply saddened.

God never fails us and he never leaves us. God has this way of allowing us to be put in situations that stretch and grow us into the people he wants us to be, as long as we are willing to be the people He wants us to be. We're not perfect. Just know your limits and know when to walk away.
Hi Jeff, never were truer words spoke. Since I Truly opened my heart to Him he's never failed or left me. He has put me in some sticky situations (trials) they did stretch me to almost breaking point, I am willing and try to be more pleasing to Him every day, Oh my I'm definitely not perfect, I now know my limits thanks to Him and these days I do choose to walk away rather than show my evil past ways. All of it is thanks to Him and Him alone
Blessings in Christ everyone

Hi Paul,
Yeah, like Jason said, it's a 68 and she's a member of the 500 club. She's a labor of love and hate. Took 8 years and a few wrenches thrown across the garage lol! But she's paid for since I don't believe in credit. In the end though, it's just a car. I know the important things in life. I let my 13 year old son drive it last summer down a back road and his leg was shaking so bad it was funny. He'll never forget that first drive. My daughter is 23 and is up for a visit and I let her drive it last weekend too. Scared me to death. She was bragging to her friend yesterday about it. Memories, it's all about creating good fun memories and that's more valuable than a hunk of metal, no matter how pretty she looks. BTW, pictures don't do her justice. Yup 8 coats of clear and she's got ghost flames. That picture is taken in my front yard.

You said a few things that really resonated with me. I was an awnry tyke and would never tolerate smack from anyone. It was about principal. I'm 46 now and I've mellowed a bit in that area and God has used my "attitude" to really grow me and patience is something I have a lot of. But it wasn't always that way and I continue to pray for wisdom and patience. Anyway, God takes our weakness and turns them into strengths.

Keep fighting the good fight Paul.

lol. jeff the arguer? really i find that hard to believe. all those phone talks and yet we often disagree on some things.

You said a few things that really resonated with me. I was an awnry tyke and would never tolerate smack from anyone. It was about principal. I'm 46 now and I've mellowed a bit in that area and God has used my "attitude" to really grow me and patience is something I have a lot of. But it wasn't always that way and I continue to pray for wisdom and patience. Anyway, God takes our weakness and turns them into strengths.

I'm 47, everything else is bang on the mark Jeff.

What's she running? 327,350,bigblock? Trans,Diff? I'm a recovering musclecaraholic

Yes, patience is to be strived for, but even Jesus put people in their place. But then again, he was ~32.

355. Solid lift cam 580 lift, roller rickers. Single plain wyand and a holly 650 I need to replace with a 650. Turn 6800 rpm but knocks cause she's starving. Trans is a 350with a cohen rebuild. Reverse shift pattern with a 3200 stall.
Custom eaton springs with 372posi Detroit locker. Traction via slide a links. Shell scoot for sure.

A very very nice ride Jeff.
i'm a Ford man myself but the General did make some awesome and visually pleasing cars in the 60's and70's
In Oz there was the Hk, Ht and Hg Monaro's They'd be the equivalent of your Camaro's and Chevelles came out with 307, 327 and 350 respectively as well as 6 cylinder versions. Very nice looking and they could pull. My fave is the HT just better looking all round.
Ford Had the XR-Xt-Xw and XY GT's the first three were windsor powered 289, 302, 351 XY was a Cleveland 302 or 351 option. The XY-GTHO Phase three was the fastest 4 door in production anywhere in the world at the time. Fitted with 4V heads factory header system and carter 4 barrell, top loader and 9"....They then made Xa xb xc GS and GT's in two and 4 door the coupes are an absolute work of art.
Okay sorry everyone hijacked the thread....again sorry

haha! It's your thread you can hijack it if you want lol! While I have an appreciation for FORD, they won't be first on race day when I bring my Chevy to the track lol! Nope, they'll be found on the road dead lol! Ha ha, jk lol!

Your a fitness buff too huh? I got into running a few years ago and I started doing the Insanity workout about a month and a half ago. That thing called old age.. I'm fighting it all the way!

gossip was Bill Cushinberry (sp) had customized the car ( Cushenberry had built the silhouette corvette and did live in the area)

When I came to this forum, I was very happy that I'd found like minded Christian people to share the wonder of Gods love with. And, for the most part that's been true. Sadly there are some who think schoolyard bullying tactics, pseudo psycho analysis of others, spamming a thread with political rhetoric and answering simple questions with demeaning and belittling comments is appropriate. Anyone who is not of their political persuasion is a target and they seem to get away with it unchecked. The final straw has been a new thread someone started about hatred, and the reply from one of the members here was to call for it's removal, followed by more name calling and belittling. When I pointed this out I too was the target of this keyboard warrior.

While I am far from being perfect, I do make every effort to avoid confrontation by using civil language in everything I do. (not so, many moons ago) In the real world outside of the forum these two heroes would be on a fast track to some nasty repercussions if they behaved in this manner towards other human beings.

So in a nutshell , enough is enough. I sincerely hope that the moderators will ban these bullies before they have a chance to attack someone with their insolent manner again. You both know who you are and I suggest standing in front of a mirror,take a good long look at yourself before you again call yourself "men" of God.
I wish every one here the best of the life God has blessed us with
Blessings in Christ to each and every one of you here at CFnet
paul
Hmmm, I think you are talking about that topic I had started.

Hehe, your appearance doesn't say anything about the meekness of your heart. :D
And your being offended by those supposed brethren in Christ is actually a sign of meekness, since being worried about other meek people getting hurt shows care and compassion for them.
Don't worry, being called meek is not an offense. Although it rhymes with "weak", it's not the same. ;)

This was such a wonderful post, it's worth repeating in a quote. :) Regardless of the space we take up, we can still bring joy to to the Lord in our meekness. There is a season to be fierce, but meekness is a virtue in its season too. Very nice, Claudya. :yes

Paul, I'm happy to hear the air was cleared of the misinterpreted response. I misinterpreted it myself. But the lesson learned in this thread is a good one. By focusing on the good, we can do our part to quiet the voice of people who want to argue and demean.

This is a thread that started on a very sad note but came to be great encouragement for all of its readers.

This is a thread that started on a very sad note but came to be great encouragement for all of its readers.
Hi Mike, yes I agree totally. Behind every cloud.........

Hi Lewis, yes you're right.

C Hoke
H eave
E ventually
V om.t :verysick

:D

Back