Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what are you listening to right now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

This thing's been stuck in my head for hours. So I'm just going to listen to it again.

Oh yes, and no one will get this video. No one. Unless they're an anime fan like me and/or know something about the anime Soul Eater.

This song is a parody of another song. And I don't care for the original song at all. But I like this parody. I want this video on my iPod so badly.

That aside, jhshgvhg...one day I'd love to be involved in a cosplay skit like this. jhbjhbj Looks like so much fun!
You really like Anime don't you? xD

You really like Anime don't you? xD
Yeah. I blame one of my best friends. xD She became an anime geek last year and pulled me in with her. We've talked about setting up some days where we just hang out to cosplay and saving up money to go to anime cons.

Listening to a folk-ish metal band named Týr. Not exactly christian music, but not anti-christian either. Fun music.

Yeah. I blame one of my best friends. xD She became an anime geek last year and pulled me in with her. We've talked about setting up some days where we just hang out to cosplay and saving up money to go to anime cons.
Ah I tried getting into it because a lot of my friends were into it, but just couldn't.. Oh well! I do see why people like it so much :3

Dat guitar riff, tho!

More music from the anime Soul Eater. Well, I was checking out the OST today, and OH MY GOSH why isn't this thing on iTunes?!?!? I mean, like all of the songs in the OST are actually by English artists...or English-speaking ones anyway. (And not counting the tracks that are just background music, which is most of them. Some of those are really awesome, too, though.)

This anime seems to have a lot more variety in music than most do. From rock to hip hop to rap to jazz. Quite an interesting variety. And I don't go for hip hop or rap or jazz, but DANG this OST is awesome!

Dat guitar riff, tho!

More music from the anime Soul Eater. Well, I was checking out the OST today, and OH MY GOSH why isn't this thing on iTunes?!?!? I mean, like all of the songs in the OST are actually by English artists...or English-speaking ones anyway. (And not counting the tracks that are just background music, which is most of them. Some of those are really awesome, too, though.)

This anime seems to have a lot more variety in music than most do. From rock to hip hop to rap to jazz. Quite an interesting variety. And I don't go for hip hop or rap or jazz, but DANG this OST is awesome!

questdriven:

Sort of, psychadelic heavy metal/hard rock, right?

Sounds like it's right up your street, then.

Blessings.

You've kind of 'found yourself' there, it seems! :)
Another awesome track from the OST is this one:
It's a character theme, so the lyrics make the most sense if you're familiar with the character and his personality as well as the show itself.

The lyrics lost me there, I must admit...:)
Well, let's just say that the character from whose point of view they lyrics are supposed to come, is an extremely self-absorbed and arrogant character.
Not my favorite character, but he is funny sometimes and his theme (mainly the music) as I said is pretty dang cool.

Well, let's just say that the character from whose point of view they lyrics are supposed to come, is an extremely self-absorbed and arrogant character.
Not my favorite character, but he is funny sometimes and his theme (mainly the music) as I said is pretty dang cool.

questdriven:

Well, okay.

So have you heard any good Christian hard rock, 'for a change', lately?

Like I told you before, 'Battle Lines' (I forget the group now) was really effective Christian hard rock, I thought.

Blessings.

I don't know. It's piano music. The original song (which has a large piano part in it but includes other instruments as well) is from the opening to an anime I watched earlier this year and loved. Not sure what the genre would be.

Incidentally, the opening to episode four is a rock version of the opening.
Here's the normal opening:
And then the episode four variant:

Music notes are useful like that. They can be used on, so far as I'm aware, virtually any instrument, although some adjusting might be necessary or at least helpful. Like, lead sheets for guitars tend to be just the chords, while lead sheets for piano include the chords and a melody line. You can play off a guitar lead sheet with a piano (like I had to do this summer), but it's better and easier to have on designed for the piano.

And yeah, still playing the piano. I was able to start lessons again just before summer.

Back