Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

what are you listening to right now?

Listening to Amon Amarth (norse folk metal band) while doing church volunteer work in the church's office. Their music is themed a lot around norse mythology and viking stories, so it's not very christian, and it sounds very death metal-ish (growl and scream vocals and distorted guitars). Very good and fun metal.
I love the contrast between the music and and the church context. Thank God everyone else here is relaxed about that kind of music.
Loud and powerful music helps me focus when doing brainless office tasks. Without it my mind would wander and I'd be distracted much easier.

So have Disciple or Red done any good Christian tracks lately?
No. But Thousand Foot Crutch will be touring with Winter Jam next month. Looking forward to January 10th, when Winter Jam will be going on in Jacksonville. :) Other Christian artists like Tenth Avenue North (love them, too), Lecrae, Newsboys, and Everfound will also be there. Winter Jam features artists from a good variety of genres, which is cool and lets people know there's a lot of a variety available.

No. But Thousand Foot Crutch will be touring with Winter Jam next month. Looking forward to January 10th, when Winter Jam will be going on in Jacksonville. :)

Hi. So, thinking of going to the rock concert?

Are Thousand Foot Crutch a Christian band, and would you describe them as hard rock?

Blessings.

Hi. So, thinking of going to the rock concert?

Are Thousand Foot Crutch a Christian band, and would you describe them as hard rock?

Blessings.
I go every year since two years ago. 10 bands for $10 at the door (12, if you come for the pre-Jam party) is a deal that's hard to beat.

So you get plenty of Christian hard rock?
Winter Jam represents a variety of genre and from what I've seen always has. They've featured hard rock bands (Skillet, Red, and now TFK), but there's more to the whole thing than that.
Of the bands that are on tour with Winter Jam this year, we have some various types of mainstream rock and CCM often played on Christian radio stations (Colton Dixon, Tenth Avenue North, Newsboys, Newsong); Christian rap (Lecrae); some not-as-well-known bands (which I haven't heard of) playing pop rock, alternative rock, etc (Plumb, Love & the Outcome, Everfound), and Christian hop-hop (Derek Minor).

Winter Jam is also a good way for lesser-known artists to get some good exposure. It's one of the largest Christian concerts, if not the largest.

Winter Jam represents a variety of genre and from what I've seen always has. They've featured hard rock bands (Skillet, Red, and now TFK), but there's more to the whole thing than that.
Of the bands that are on tour with Winter Jam this year, we have some various types of mainstream rock and CCM often played on Christian radio stations (Colton Dixon, Tenth Avenue North, Newsboys, Newsong); Christian rap (Lecrae); some not-as-well-known bands (which I haven't heard of) playing pop rock, alternative rock, etc (Plumb, Love & the Outcome, Everfound), and Christian hop-hop (Derek Minor).

Winter Jam is also a good way for lesser-known artists to get some good exposure. It's one of the largest Christian concerts, if not the largest.

Sounds anyway like a lot of the sort of music that you like and that really seems to define you. So being winter is it held indoors? or maybe because you guys are down South, outdoors is perfectly okay...

Blessings.

Hm, when I get the chance I should buy Casting Crown's Christmas album. It's been around for years, what excuse have I got. Heh.

I love this track. Love the lyrics.
I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
Their Old Familiar Carols Play
And Mild And Sweet Their Songs Repeat
Of Peace On Earth Good Will To Men
And The Bells Are Ringing
Like A Choir They're Singing
In My Heart I Hear Them
Peace On Earth, Good Will To Men
And In Despair I Bowed My Head
There Is No Peace On Earth I Said
For Hate Is Strong And Mocks The Song
Of Peace On Earth, Good Will To Men
But The Bells Are Ringing
Like A Choir Singing
Does Anybody Hear Them?
Peace On Earth, Good Will To Men

PS:

Counting off the days left before Winter Jam, then? :)

Blessings.

Listening to Amon Amarth (norse folk metal band) while doing church volunteer work in the church's office. Their music is themed a lot around norse mythology and viking stories, so it's not very christian, and it sounds very death metal-ish (growl and scream vocals and distorted guitars). Very good and fun metal.
I love the contrast between the music and and the church context. Thank God everyone else here is relaxed about that kind of music.
Loud and powerful music helps me focus when doing brainless office tasks. Without it my mind would wander and I'd be distracted much easier.

So you like death metal and screamo, do you?

Paul1965, who has posted here, is quite into that genre, I think.

Back