Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

what are you listening to right now?

I have known the song for a long time, but man, these lyrics are so powerful...and I don't know if I realized it until now.

Also, this is another one of my favorites...

I don't know exactly. I like a little bit of everything, and most of it is Christian at this point, but if you listen to the second link; that is a pretty good gauge of the kind of music I like. So whatever you want to call that haha.

Some other songs I've been listening to lately, to maybe serve as a reference (the second one, they literally just say "Hallelujah" the whole time..yet I like it haha)...

Background music. (It's background music from an anime. Played during some fights and battles.) Other than that, dunno.

It's interesting when the ostenible background becomes the main thing! A bit like in modern short stories, the ostensible plot isn't important; it's the atmosphere portrayed in cameo that seems to count more. The New Zealander Katherine Mansfield (1888-1923) often wrote in this way.

Blessings.

Again, as with music, so with some writing: what the plot of some fiction has is far less important than the feel of the work.

Blessings.
Sometimes. Some movies or cartoons just have a real "cool" factor. I personally tend to gravitate towards works that have some emotional depth.
But on the other hand the plot should make some kind of sense, too. Certain plots appeal more than others...plots based on the idea of struggling against odds and the darkness of the world tend to be the most interesting, especially if they are done in such a way you can almost feel it for yourself.

Sometimes. Some movies or cartoons just have a real "cool" factor. I personally tend to gravitate towards works that have some emotional depth.
But on the other hand the plot should make some kind of sense, too. Certain plots appeal more than others...plots based on the idea of struggling against odds and the darkness of the world tend to be the most interesting, especially if they are done in such a way you can almost feel it for yourself.

Interesting.

Interesting.
That's what I liked about the anime Sword Art Online, and what makes the first plot arch the best and most interesting...
Here we have a teenage boy playing a video game, virtual reality, and the tech is way more advanced than what we currently have.
He and other players are unable to log out of this video game called Sword Art Online.
The game creator summons everyone to the starting point to tell them that he made it so they couldn't log out on purpose. He explains that the only way to get out of the game is to beat all 100 levels and beat the last boss. Once someone accomplishes that, everyone can log out. If someone loses all their xp health points, they die in the real world as well.
So the story follows this boy as he struggles through surviving the video game for two years, as he fights to complete the game, losing friends along the way.

I've watched it twice now. The first plot arch that I just described is the best part of the series. It does go on after the game is beaten, and it's not quite as interesting after that.

Listening to the "Eric the Red" album of the Faroer Islands (Sweden) folk metal band Týr.
I'm in my church right now. I alway need to listen to some loud music while doing office work because otherwise I can't concentrate. The wife of our pastor (who is also our youth pastor and who happens to be a great fan of everything Swedish) just came in to print something and I shamefully turned down the volume of the music because I felt guilty for listening to some pagan culture inspired metal. But after a few seconds she was like "That's Týr, isn't it? They're awesome, I have a number of CD of them upstairs." So we had a short conversation about Swedish folk music. Funny I wouldn't have thought I'd find someone in my church who shares my taste in music.

Best of The Psychedelic Furs, Best of Ladytron, some random David Bowie from the 70s, Arcade Fire, and that 60s song, "House of The Rising Sun," by The Animals (did I mention that I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas? I'm an mp3 downloading machine!).

Back