Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what are you listening to right now?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Depressing song from a depressing anime. (I haven't watched it yet, but I'm told that if you don't want your feelings shredded you shouldn't get attached to the characters. Also, some of the genres it's listed as are dark fantasy, tragedy, horror, and thriller.)

I like the song here for it's emotional qualities.

Depressing song from a depressing anime. (I haven't watched it yet, but I'm told that if you don't want your feelings shredded you shouldn't get attached to the characters. Also, some of the genres it's listed as are dark fantasy, tragedy, horror, and thriller.)

I like the song here for it's emotional qualities.

You are really into anime, aren't you?

Blessings.

I just listened to a Gregorian chant. As mellow as it was. I dont think i could ever listen to something like that in the dark. I would totally freak out.

I think there is a singing group called Gregorian, that has done a lot of tracks with Sarah Brightman's sister - I wish I could remember her first name, sorry...

You are really into anime, aren't you?

Blessings.
That, because I get into the story and characters, and a lot of it has pretty epic music. From what I can see, a lot of genres are often represented.
Like how I mentioned Soul Eater has awesome background music and character songs--I love several of the opening and ending songs as well. (Like this one:
)
The anime Clannad had absolutely beautiful music--like this track:
And this one:

Other anime tracks I like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNtJrfuWZU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw17zM2qaoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw17zM2qaoM

Clannad's an anime borrowing an Irish word, the word for family. It's a beautiful and touching anime.
The music in the anime does seem to have a touch of Irish to it sometimes, though.

Last edited:
Clannad's an anime borrowing an Irish word, the word for family. It's a beautiful and touching anime. The music in the anime seems to have a touch of Irish to it.

Definitely soft, and intricate, like Celtic designs on jewelry, armband tattoos, etc. Seems that you definitely have your musically soft side. As well as the hard rock. (Not losing the hard rock inclination, are you?)

Blessings.

No, I just like a variety of genres as well.
Another good track:

Three animes whose soundtrack CDs I definitely want...Clannad, Soul Eater, and Sword Art Online (if SAO has one available). I can probably find them all on ebay or Amazon.

questdriven: You just mentioned Soul Eater: so how is their musical style?

Blessings.
Like I said, it's an anime. But the background music it has and the other music involved are pretty unique and spectacular. The composer is Taku Iwasaki. Which I'm not familiar with him, but apparently he does fantastic work. And the songs themselves seem to have a variety of artists. It's a variety of genres, really.

Like I said, it's an anime. But the background music it has and the other music involved are pretty unique and spectacular. The composer is Taku Iwasaki. Which I'm not familiar with him, but apparently he does fantastic work. And the songs themselves seem to have a variety of artists. It's a variety of genres, really.

Oh okay; ty.

Anyway, the track that really impressed me that you introduced me to a while back on the threads, was Disciple's Battle Lines. It is so way impressive as an example of Christian testimony with hard-hitting Biblically based lyrics expressed in thoroughgoing hard rock, with even a vocalist's carefully calculated screams adding effectively to the mixture.

Blessings.

Last edited:
Some kinda original and interesting metal:

Bavarian or Austrian (can't tell that appart) folk metal, including yodeling:
The facial expression of the guy is priceless, absolutely nonchalant. As if yodeling while playing an electric guitar and smoking a pipe is the most natural thing in the world. :lol
He has some more folk-ish music up on youtube and you can tell he's quite talented (not to mention that he's also very attractive :shock)

Last edited by a moderator:
Claudya: The facial expression of the guy is priceless, absolutely nonchalant. As if yodeling while playing an electric guitar and smoking a pipe is the most natural thing in the world. :lol

That was super cool, Claudya! Thanks for posting that. I like it.

I'm listening to Skillet "Awake & Alive" right now.

Christmas music (Bah! Humbug!) being played next door so loud the entire apartment building can hear it. I'm going over to ask them to turn it down a bit. I hope I don't have to call the police on them on Christmas eve.

The TOG​

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back