Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Does Jesus Say About A Saved Person Becoming Unsaved ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I’m only asking is it possible to choose to sin?
The "want to sin" is gone. I have free will but choose not to. I can relate to "John's" writings.

Strong language "can not" because of the Spirit of God that lives in us. A new creation.
The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

I am convinced the Lord will keep me safe from the evil one. The one who tempts us to sin.

The "want to sin" is gone. I have free will but choose not to. I can relate to "John's" writings.

Strong language "can not" because of the Spirit of God that lives in us. A new creation.
The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

I am convinced the Lord will keep me safe from the evil one. The one who tempts us to sin.
If only the Apostle Paul were here today to learn how to be as proud as you are in that regard.
Maybe He could have even been a little like you .
Instead of his disgraceful sinning

Romans 7:18-20
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:20
Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I’m not speaking about you personally

If we cannot sin, then why are we tempted?

Why does Jesus say watch and pray to not enter into temptation?

Yes, and if that is the case why even have God bother to remove all presence of sin from His Heaven ?
We should be allowed to go into eternity reminding God continually not to worry about removing sin from our presence because we are not like those flawed evil sinners Adam & Eve,
Unlike them , We got this .
Please don't insult us God by removing all sin from heaven as if we might do wrong.
We are GOOD !

Why not?
That makes no sense .
We have not required it.
Besides my own church , I belong to at least 3 other groups that gather on a regular basis for non-spiritual activities, an art group, a neighborhood support & watch group, a golf group. a boating club.
They all use the websites to communicate important and timely information.
Cancelations, changes in dates , emergency needs within the church / community , members suddenly taken ill in between gatherings, prayer needs , etc,etc,etc,.
Right now I am filling in, taking care of the organizational duties for a member of one these groups who suffered a stroke.
All of this being organized on the fly as needed by means of electronic communication .
Here is a small example of the communications put out on the web from my own church .
All being subject to being updated if need be for any circumstance.

===========================================================================
Sunday Morning Adult Bible Study:

All members of the congregation and guests are invited to attend one of our two Adult Bible Study classes that meet Sunday morning during the Christian Education Hour, 9:40 am-10:40 am, in the Education Wing, downstairs in Room 309 and Room 307.

Men’s Breakfast Bible Study (MBBS):

Every Friday morning at 6:30 am the men get together for coffee, light breakfast and in-depth focus on God’s Word.

Home Studies:
Every Sunday evening from 6:30 to 8 pm
Of course, all men and adults are encouraged to attend studies that are listed under the
adult category of current activities.
==========================================================================
Don't tell me your church does not organize anything in your community to reach out & support the lost, the weak , the needy , the spiritually wounded ?
OK, I won't.
I can't believe that any regular gathering of believers in this day of technology does not avail themselves the ability
to electronically further the purpose of God the Father, to Bless others ?
Sometimes it isn't necessary.
You certainly seem to believe in the ability of electronic communication here on this website.
Fully engaged electronically as you are on a daily basis
How odd then that your church does not take advantage of electronic communication in like manner ?
If you are interested in living without sin, here I am !

We have not required it.

OK, I won't.

Sometimes it isn't necessary.

If you are interested in living without sin, here I am !
Every Organized Church , at the very least has Pamphlets they hand out/ post to the public , indicating such mission statements you speak of, like this :
" Interested In Living Without SIn , Come Join Us Every Thurday At 10:00 AM In the Felllowship hall To Find Out More"

Why are you not able to post even a single piece of literature from your church emphasizing such mission statements ?

What is the money that your church members contribute for God's purpose used for ?

Despite your own affinity for accessing modern technological communications on a daily basis I understand your claim that your church uses none of it .
Not sure that I believe it , but since you never lie I will trust you on that .

But why would your church not have any printed materials containing such life giving information as you espouse here so often printed on it for those perishing from sin, how to never sin ?
Providing no outreach to the world's spiritually wounded & dying is not the character of Christ & is not characteristic of a Christian church .

Mar 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Every Organized Church , at the very least has Pamphlets they hand out/ post to the public , indicating such mission statements you speak of, like this :
" Interested In Living Without SIn , Come Join Us Every Thurday At 10:00 AM In the Felllowship hall To Find Out More"
We do the fliers, newspaper ads, and visits.
I carried a big sign on a pole for five seasons of baseball, to Sunday home games.
I, personally, have gone to other cities with fliers too.
Why are you not able to post even a single piece of literature from your church emphasizing such mission statements ?
Here on line ?
I am not tech savvy enough to do so.
We have put out thousands of fliers though.
What is the money that your church members contribute for God's purpose used for ?
For God's purposes.
Despite your own affinity for accessing modern technological communications on a daily basis I understand your claim that your church uses none of it .
Not sure that I believe it , but since you never lie I will trust you on that .
Thanks for the trust, but we have had no real need to go global.
Faith cometh by hearing, so face-to-face action is where it's at.
But why would your church not have any printed materials containing such life giving information as you espouse here so often printed on it for those perishing from sin, how to never sin ?
We do have it.
Some call them tracts, but I prefer the word 'flier'.
Providing no outreach to the world's spiritually wounded & dying is not the character of Christ & is not characteristic of a Christian church .
Sure isn't.
Mar 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Amen to that.

We do the fliers, newspaper ads, and visits.
I carried a big sign on a pole for five seasons of baseball, to Sunday home games.
Show us just one then ?
One that in particularly emphasizes the paramount mission you continually speak of here regarding never committing sin ?
That should be easy enough if your church places even half the emphasis you do here on the mission of having people being able to never commit sin .
Personally I don't believe you can show any of your mentioned church literature at all showing such emphasis .

Thanks for the trust, but we have had no real need to go global.
I never said anything about going global.
I spoke in terms of churches using their websites primarily to communicate to church members information related to activities going on at the church . and involving the church, involving branch churches in other locations. charitable events . bible studies , volunteer opportunities ...

You mention traveling to other cities, it would stand to reason then that your church has multiple locations in other cities.
Not Communicating between them via the internet would be as backwards an operation as I have ever seen.

We do have it.
Some call them tracts, but I prefer the word 'flier'.
Show us one ?
The year is 2024 , by the way .
Why would not make the effort to get such life saving information out every way that you can ?
It's not that difficult .

Show us just one then ?
One that in particularly emphasizes the paramount mission you continually speak of here regarding never committing sin ?
As I wrote earlier, I haven't the skill to do that.
That should be easy enough if your church places even half the emphasis you do here on the mission of having people being able to never commit sin .
Personally I don't believe you can show any of your mentioned church literature at all showing such emphasis .
I can't now.
Maybe with some computer schooling, or the right equipment, I could do it.
I never said anything about going global.
I spoke in terms of churches using their websites primarily to communicate to church members information related to activities going on at the church . and involving the church, involving branch churches in other locations. charitable events . bible studies , volunteer opportunities ...
We don't need computers for that kind of business.
You mention traveling to other cities, it would stand to reason then that your church has multiple locations in other cities.
Had they responded to my fliers, we might have.
But they didn't.
Show us one ?
The year is 2024 , by the way .
Why would not make the effort to get such life saving information out every way that you can ?
It's not that difficult .
PM me your address, and I will mail you one.

Show us just one then ?
As I wrote earlier, I haven't the skill to do that.
No skill needed.
5 minutes looking at internet instructions would make you just as capable as any junior high schooler .
You are at least of junior high school age I assume .
How odd your reluctance in investing just 5 minutes to make available & to have so many see what your church does in helping people never to sin again
Especially when there is no other church on earth you can name besides yours distributing pamphlets making that specific life changing promise of never sinning again.

You disagree with what John wrote not me. We are no longer slaves to sin as we have been set free. Those who continue to sin are slaves to sin which testifies they have not been set free by the Son.
Have you not read the one in us is greater than the one in the world?
Have you not read "No one can snatch them out of my hand"?

The will to sin is gone in those who belong to Christ. It's driven by "Love". Those who really believe and love the Lord obey Him. He loved us first.

I have been appointed to eternal life. I will remain faithful to Christ Jesus. I have believed in Him as far back as my memory goes and with absolute certainty. He chose me. That's not going to change. I know Him. He knows me.

"Many have been invited but few have been chosen"

The "want to sin" is gone.
How about the church you attend Randy , do they have any information on their website that promotes with the same zeal and emphasis as yourself this mission to teach the ability to never sin again ?
Could you post just one little , very small snippet of information from your church that states their paramount, faithful mission to the lost to help people never to sin again ?

I would hope that your church is also not one of those like Hopefuls that considers the internet to be something to complicated to utilize for such a vital mission of God's to be promoted.?

How about the church you attend Randy , do they have any information on their website that promotes with the same zeal and emphasis as yourself this mission to teach the ability to never sin again ?
Could you post just one little , very small snippet of information from your church that states their paramount, faithful mission to the lost to help people never to sin again ?

I would hope that your church is also not one of those like Hopefuls that considers the internet to be something to complicated to utilize for such a vital mission of God's to be promoted.?
Encouragement is maintained to remain faithful to Christ. In my walk I am convinced that will be so. I don't think it is wise to preach once saved always saved despite this theological discussion. Warnings are given through out the NT to saints. But what one calls themselves and what one is can differ. Lip service with hearts far from God vs those who really are Jesus's disciples. John the elder and true Apostle of the Lord stated what I have quoted. A balanced discussion was my goal.

Encouragement is maintained to remain faithful to Christ. In my walk I am convinced that will be so. I don't think it is wise to preach once saved always saved despite this theological discussion.

That is a very foundational position to be considered either wise, or unwise to promote
Getting back to my question, what is the position of the church you attend on this very foundational matter ?

My church is not ashamed to tell the world of it's position regarding every aspect of Christianity & salvation:
Unchanged by any worldly precepts of the flesh for decades .
Have a look .
You too Hopeful .
A church not only unashamed of it's foundational beliefs , but proudly displays them for the whole world to see .
I certainly hope that you do not attend Hopeful's church which is to ashamed to release even one syllable of it's doctrinal position regarding every aspect of salvation thru Jesus Christ.
Very cultlike in it's super shadowy secrecy and fear of exposure by the Light .

Brief Statement of the Doctrinal Position of the Missouri Synod
Adopted 1932 (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, N.D.)
Download PDF

Topics​

Of Conversion

1. We teach that conversion consists in this, that a man, having learned from the Law of God that he is a lost and condemned sinner, is brought to faith in the Gospel, which offers him forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation for the sake of Christ's vicarious satisfaction, Acts 11:21; Luke 24:46, 47; Acts 26:18.

2. All men, since the Fall, are dead in sins, Eph. 2:1-3, and inclined only to evil, Gen. 6:5; 8:21; Rom. 8:7. For this reason, and particularly because men regard the Gospel of Christ, crucified for the sins of the world, as foolishness, 1 Cor. 2:14, faith in the Gospel, or conversion to God, is neither wholly nor in the least part the work of man, but the work of God's grace and almighty power alone, Phil. 1:29; Eph. 2:8; 1:19; Jer. 31:18. Hence Scripture call the faith of men, or his conversion, a raising from the dead, Eph. 1:20; Col. 2:12, a being born of God, John 1:12, 13, a new birth by the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23-25, a work of God like the creation of light at the creation of the world, 2 Cor. 4:6.

3. On the basis of these clear statements of the Holy Scriptures we reject every kind of synergism, that is, the doctrine that conversion is wrought not by the grace and power of God alone, but in part also by the co-operation of man himself, by man's right conduct, his right attitude, his right self-determination, his lesser guilt or less evil conduct as compared with others, his refraining from willful resistance, or anything else whereby man's conversion and salvation is taken out of the gracious hands of God and made to depend on what man does or leaves undone. For this refraining from willful resistance or from any kind of resistance is also solely a work of grace, which "changes unwilling into willing men," Ezek. 36:26; Phil. 2:13. We reject also the doctrine that man is able to decide for conversion through "powers imparted by grace," since this doctrine presupposes that before conversion man still possesses spiritual powers by which he can make the right use of such "powers imparted by grace."

Last edited:
That is a very foundational position to be considered either wise, or unwise to promote
Getting back to my question, what is the position of the church you attend on this very foundational matter ?

My church is not ashamed to tell the world of it's position regarding every aspect of Christianity & salvation:
Have a look .
You too Hopeful .
A church not only unashamed of it's foundational beliefs , but proudly displays them for the whole world to see .
I certainly hope that you do not attend Hopeful's church which is to ashamed to release even one syllable of it's doctrinal position regarding every aspect of salvation thru Jesus Christ.

Download PDF

Topics​

Of Conversion

1. We teach that conversion consists in this, that a man, having learned from the Law of God that he is a lost and condemned sinner, is brought to faith in the Gospel, which offers him forgiveness of sins and eternal salvation for the sake of Christ's vicarious satisfaction, Acts 11:21; Luke 24:46, 47; Acts 26:18.

2. All men, since the Fall, are dead in sins, Eph. 2:1-3, and inclined only to evil, Gen. 6:5; 8:21; Rom. 8:7. For this reason, and particularly because men regard the Gospel of Christ, crucified for the sins of the world, as foolishness, 1 Cor. 2:14, faith in the Gospel, or conversion to God, is neither wholly nor in the least part the work of man, but the work of God's grace and almighty power alone, Phil. 1:29; Eph. 2:8; 1:19; Jer. 31:18. Hence Scripture call the faith of men, or his conversion, a raising from the dead, Eph. 1:20; Col. 2:12, a being born of God, John 1:12, 13, a new birth by the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23-25, a work of God like the creation of light at the creation of the world, 2 Cor. 4:6.

3. On the basis of these clear statements of the Holy Scriptures we reject every kind of synergism, that is, the doctrine that conversion is wrought not by the grace and power of God alone, but in part also by the co-operation of man himself, by man's right conduct, his right attitude, his right self-determination, his lesser guilt or less evil conduct as compared with others, his refraining from willful resistance, or anything else whereby man's conversion and salvation is taken out of the gracious hands of God and made to depend on what man does or leaves undone. For this refraining from willful resistance or from any kind of resistance is also solely a work of grace, which "changes unwilling into willing men," Ezek. 36:26; Phil. 2:13. We reject also the doctrine that man is able to decide for conversion through "powers imparted by grace," since this doctrine presupposes that before conversion man still possesses spiritual powers by which he can make the right use of such "powers imparted by grace."
Why would it matter? Calvinists churches would state so but we are looking at what the NT states. I have never attended any church that holds to OSAS. In my walk I am convinced I have been appointed to eternal life and will finish that race and that with God's involvement along with my will. But the Spirit in me leads me to say teaching OSAS is unwise for all. Warnings are noted to saints by me as well to in the NT. Are warnings not meant for ALL not just the disobedient?

A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” 12This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Have a look .
You too Hopeful .

Download PDF

Topics​

Of Conversion

Why would it matter?..... I have never attended any church that holds to OSAS.
Good, then you should easily be able to post an established printed statement of the foundational doctrinal belief held by any one of the churches you claim that do so ?
It's not complicated .
Really , its not .
Please don't fall back on Hopeful's inane claim that he does not have the intellectual capacity to do what any 5th grader can accomplish on a computer.
Come up with a more original and more believable lie than his if you are going to fall on your face in accomplishing what I have already demonstrated twice now is a very simple task .

Good, then you should easily be able to post an established printed statement of the foundational doctrinal belief held by any one of the churches you claim that do so ?
It's not complicated .
Really , its not .
Please don't fall back on Hopeful's inane claim that he does not have the intellectual capacity to do what any 5th grader can accomplish on a computer.
Come up with a more original and more believable lie than his if you are going to fall on your face in accomplishing what I have already demonstrated twice now is a very simple task .
I say lets stay with the NT.
Does this apply to Christians?
You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery,' 'Do not murder,' 'Do not steal,' 'Do not bear false witness,' 'Do not defraud,' 'Honor your father and your mother. '

Warnings are given to ALL.

Have a look .
You too Hopeful .

Download PDF

Topics​

Of Conversion

I know this I can never unknow what I know in regard to my walk with the Lord. As in loose my faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back