Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What does the Bible say about 666?

There are 2 topics here. We should stick with the OP and start a separate thread for the "spiritual mark" discussion.

Just a thought.

The title of the thread is "What does the Bible say about 666?" Answering that question must, imho, involve discussing whether the Bible says the mark is spiritual or physical.

The TOG​

You still haven't answered the question. Maybe you didn't understand what I was getting at, so let me rephrase it. Imagine that you are here during the reign of Antichrist (if you believe in a pre-trib rapture, use your imagination). You go to the grocery store to buy some food. You get to the checkout counter. Somehow, the cashier knows that you don't have the mark and refuses to sell you the food. How did he know?

The TOG​

First I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture as I believe we will go through all things of Rev, but that's another subject. I understand your question, but I think you are missing the bigger picture. I'm sure most everyone has heard of a new world order coming and who will be in control of it as being the son of perdition (666 man) that Satan will work through per what he said in Isaiah 14:13, 14. Everything including buying and selling will be controlled by this NWO government and those who work within it like cashiers. Only those who will bow down to this new order controlled by Satan will buy or sell in order to take care of their family. These are the ones who have no faith in God that will submit themselves to such a government unaware of what they are actually bowing down to as in their own damnation.

Here is my question to you. Are you going to want to submit and support this order financially by buying or selling just to protect your own or are you going to flee as it says to in Matthew 24:15, 16 and trust in God to supply your needs until Christ returns. There are many types of abominations that come against God and this one will be that of Satan taking his seat on the throne on the sides of the North as he said he would. Just as God is in us and works through us so even Satan is also in many and works through them.

First I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture as I believe we will go through all things of Rev, but that's another subject. I understand your question, but I think you are missing the bigger picture. I'm sure most everyone has heard of a new world order coming and who will be in control of it as being the son of perdition (666 man) that Satan will work through per what he said in Isaiah 14:13, 14. Everything including buying and selling will be controlled by this NWO government and those who work within it like cashiers. Only those who will bow down to this new order controlled by Satan will buy or sell in order to take care of their family. These are the ones who have no faith in God that will submit themselves to such a government unaware of what they are actually bowing down to as in their own damnation.

Here is my question to you. Are you going to want to submit and support this order financially by buying or selling just to protect your own or are you going to flee as it says to in Matthew 24:15, 16 and trust in God to supply your needs until Christ returns. There are many types of abominations that come against God and this one will be that of Satan taking his seat on the throne on the sides of the North as he said he would. Just as God is in us and works through us so even Satan is also in many and works through them.

I agree that Christians will go through the tribulation. I also agree that during the last few years before Christ's return there will be a form of government in place that will be able to control the entire world. But they need some method to exercise that control. I believe that method will be either an RFID chip or something similar. Such chips are already being used to perform financial transactions. I saw a documentary on TV a while back, where they showed a man enter a night club. He walked right past everybody who was waiting in line to get in and when he got to the door, his arm was scanned with something that looked like a hand-held bar code scanner. As soon as he was scanned, a notice came up on every computer screen in the night club announcing that he had arrived. When he got to the VIP room, there was a man waiting there, who welcomed him and addressed him by name. When he got to the bar, his favorite drink was waiting for him. And when he was ready to go home, he didn't have to pull out his wallet. They just scanned his arm again and all his drinks were paid for.

All it takes to turn that system into the mark of the beast is a slight modification. The man could have waited in line and paid with cash. Using the RFID chip was an option that club offered. What if it was made mandatory? What if not only that night club, but stores and businesses everywhere stopped accepting cash, credit cards and debit cards and only accepted RFID chips as a form of payment? Then nobody could buy or sell without one. I believe that is what will happen. Everyone will receive an RFID chip at birth and will use it later to both pay and receive payment for goods and services. There's even a small town in Sweden where it's already been tried. The town only accepted money from outsiders and the people only used money when they went out of town. Everybody in the town used RFID chips to get paid and pay for everything.

But whether I'm anywhere close or not, it's obvious from Scripture that the mark has something to do with financial transactions. I have heard people before who say that the mark is something spiritual rather than physical, but none of them have been able to explain how such a spiritual mark would work when buying something. If you or someone else can show how such a spiritual mark would determine a person's ability to buy or sell, then I'm willing to listen, but failing that, the explanation above is the most logical one I've heard so far. And oh.. by the way... I first heard that explanation back in 1975, when none of the technology required to make it a reality even existed. I was at a Christmas conference in Kansas City where a man by the name of Dawson McAllister explained how he believed things would develop. Since then, I've seen everything he said come to pass. The only thing that is missing now is to make the RFID chip a requirement and the only accepted form of payment.

The TOG​

You guys can believe what you want to believe but the Bible tells me that it will be a physical mark on the right hand or the forehead.Rather than believe what you say I am sticking like I always do with what the Bible says.

TOG, I truly can not add anything more than what I have already explained. What ever the mark may be we know it is not of God and are warned not to take it as it is the mark of the beast. By faith which is Christ Jesus we must trust and rely on Him for all our needs as He will make a way where there seems to be no way, amen. I'm done with this topic as there is nothing more to share that I haven't shared already. God bless you and your family :)

Rev_13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev_13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev_14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev_14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
Rev_15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
Rev_16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
Rev_19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Rev_20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This is what The Revelation says about the mark of the beast.
The word physical is not there nor is a word like tattoo.. it is implied .
Thinking like the beast is also implied as is using ones hands to do is bid.

You guys can believe what you want to believe but the Bible tells me that it will be a physical mark on the right hand or the forehead.Rather than believe what you say I am sticking like I always do with what the Bible says.

Hey Kathi take a look at Exodus 13:16, Deut 6:8&11:18.

What am I supposed to learn by taking a look at these scriptures?

Do you think the Israelite actually placed the words of God on their hands and between their eyes ? ( lol although some of them literally did and still do ) Or do you think the meaning was that they should keep God's Word through their actions and thoughts.

Do you think the Israelite actually placed the words of God on their hands and between their eyes ? ( lol although some of them literally did and still do ) Or do you think the meaning was that they should keep God's Word through their actions and thoughts.
I do not know.I will have to think about that. :thinking

In the very next chapter of Revelation 14:1"Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads"

Rev 3:12'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore ; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

Rev 19:12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems ; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.

Do you see this writing as literal as well?

Digging

If this story is true then this "in my opinion" will be how they will install the mark of the beast.. :thud

I read a book about the world economy back in the 70's called The Day The Dollar Died in the book it told the story about the universal bar code and how it came to be. The creator said that in order for the bar code to be understood it needed a key to open it, a way to start the process, look at it like the key to your car if it isn't cut right your car won't start, so they had to come up with the right combination of numbers.. They tried using 4's 5's 7's 10's and etc's finally they found the only three numbers that would work.. _ _ _

When you look at a bar code you'll notice three sets of empty columns that hang down a little lower than the other columns and they have no numbers attached to them, those are the necessary slots that enable the universal bar code "Universal Bar Code" its been quite a while since I read the article and I'm pretty sure that was the name of the book..

I found it interesting that the only numbers that would work were/are 6's

tob

that's is called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

thought is correct, if kathi is right then babies whom are marked by their parents cant not enter into heaven.

I refer you and Agua back to post number 1 in this thread.

Sorry for the sidetrack JohnD I have a couple of questions about this.

1. If Yahweh didn't approve of Solomon building the Temple why did He Hallow it ?

1Ki 9:1-3 And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do, (2) That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon. (3) And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

2. If Judas was as you suggest angry that Jesus was being crucified because he realized the implications why did he identify Jesus when he would have known the charges of Blasphemy will have brought a death sentence.

Mat 27:3-4 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, (4) Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

The scriptures say he was remorseful do you suggest he was making this up ?

You are sticking with what you believe the Bible says and that is fine.

Back