Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What does the Word say about the Law of YHWH which, in reality, is the Law of Moses?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes. What is your point?
Christ fulfilled that Holy Day.
The Day of Atonement--a Holy Day--was the shadow of the substance/reality that is here now, not the shadow of the substance/reality to come. Hebrews is not just talking about Christ being the reality of the sacrifices.

Correct. However, all Ten Commandments should be written on our hearts, not just nine of them.
Also, "not under the law" does not mean "not subject to the law". According to Paul, anyone who refuses to be subject to the Law is being carnally minded to some degree (Romans 8:7).

Which law? The law of Moses or the law of Christ?

20 When I am with the Jews, I become one of them so that I can bring them to Christ. When I am with those who follow the Jewish laws, I do the same, even though I am not subject to the law, so that I can bring them to Christ.
21 When I am with the Gentiles who do not have the Jewish law, I fit in with them as much as I can. In this way, I gain their confidence and bring them to Christ. But I do not discard the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. 1 Corinthians 9:20-21 NLT

...even though I am not subject to the law,

jocor it just doesn't fit..

Isa_66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Eze_46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

To be keeping Gods Sabbaths today wouldn't .. shouldn't we figure out the very first Sunday, God first day of Creation, then count every 7th day.. until now and continue on?

Isa_66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Eze_46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

To be keeping Gods Sabbaths today wouldn't .. shouldn't we figure out the very first Sunday, God first day of Creation, then count every 7th day.. until now and continue on?

But we can't do that today because of Joshua's longest day which changed the 360 day year to 365 1/4 days per year, ...for all we know the Sabbath starting at 6:00 PM for this week could be on Tuesday at 9:23 AM.

Christ fulfilled that Holy Day.
The Day of Atonement--a Holy Day--was the shadow of the substance/reality that is here now, not the shadow of the substance/reality to come. Hebrews is not just talking about Christ being the reality of the sacrifices.

Yeshua fulfilled the sacrificial part of Atonement. There remains one aspect left; the blowing of the anti-typical Jubilee trumpet on the Day of Atonement to set the captives of death free. That will happen when he returns. Until then, the shadow of Atonement remains.

Which law? The law of Moses or the law of Christ?

20 When I am with the Jews, I become one of them so that I can bring them to Christ. When I am with those who follow the Jewish laws, I do the same, even though I am not subject to the law, so that I can bring them to Christ.
21 When I am with the Gentiles who do not have the Jewish law, I fit in with them as much as I can. In this way, I gain their confidence and bring them to Christ. But I do not discard the law of God; I obey the law of Christ. 1 Corinthians 9:20-21 NLT

...even though I am not subject to the law,

I do not acknowledge man-made paraphrases as truth. Try using a real translation of the Greek.

. Remember Scripture in the A&T dont look at my post #77

But we can't do that today because of Joshua's longest day which changed the 360 day year to 365 1/4 days per year, ...for all we know the Sabbath starting at 6:00 PM for this week could be on Tuesday at 9:23 AM.

Exo_20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
that is my point Karl

. Remember Scripture in the A&T dont look at my post #77

Exo_20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
that is my point Karl

Ya lost me sis. :confused

Are we agreeing or disagreeing? :confused2

I trying to be agreeing so as to coax another cookie recipe from you.

:hug

Both verses shows the Sabbath will exist during the new heavens and the new earth.

"Wouldn't" what?

The very first Sunday was day one of creation. the 7th day was the first Sabbath. Every 7th day thereafter was a Sabbath. Yeshua kept the same Sabbath the Jews kept. The kept it the day after Yeshua died and the day before he resurrected. Therefore, they kept it on a Saturday.

How is the Saturday of today a true Sabbath... Scripture tell us the Sabbath goes with the new moons.... Eze_46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

The word wouldn't is just saying shouldn't in a slightly different way ... I do not have your writing abilities...

Ya lost me sis. :confused

Are we agreeing or disagreeing? :confused2

I trying to be agreeing so as to coax another cookie recipe from you.

:hug
We are in agreement but we need to keep in mind the rule of Scripture for this forum . As a mod/admin i am pleased at the work put out by this forums mods in cleaning up this battle field ..

Joshua's long day did not affect the Sabbath. If, for example, it was a Thursday when it took place, then the sun did not set for an additional 24 hours. That made that Thursday a 48 hour day (12 hours of night and 36 hours of daylight). When the sun finally did set, it was then Friday. No loss of day, no extra day.

Aside from that, Yeshua kept the same Sabbath as the Jews. If the Jews were keeping the wrong day, then Yeshua sinned. Since he never sinned, that means the Jews were keeping all holy days correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the Saturday of today a true Sabbath... Scripture tell us the Sabbath goes with the new moons.... Eze_46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.

The word wouldn't is just saying shouldn't in a slightly different way ... I do not have your writing abilities...

Eze 46:1 is simply saying the gates will be open on both Sabbaths and New Moons. It is not saying the Sabbath is tied to new moons. Since months consist of 29 or 30 days, four weeks of 28 days do not divide equally into a month. There are extra days left over that would mess up any count based on new moons.

Joshua's long day did not affect the Sabbath. If, for example, it was a Thursday when it took place, then the sun did not set for an additional 24 hours. That made that Thursday a 48 hour day. When the sun finally did set, it was then Friday. No loss of day, no extra day.

Aside from that, Yeshua kept the same Sabbath as the Jews. If the Jews were keeping the wrong day, then Yeshua sinned. Since he never sinned, that means the Jews were keeping all holy days correctly.

That is the best cop out answer anyone has ever come up with... :)

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Yes, it was made so man could rest. It is one of the greatest blessings given to man. Not just to the Jews, but to all men.

Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Yes, Yeshua gives us a spiritual rest, but he doesn't give us a physical rest. We still need the rest that sleep provides and we still need the physical Sabbath rest. Animals need it as well, but there are farmers that won't give them their rest either. Our Creator knows what His creatures need.

Joshua's long day did not affect the Sabbath. If, for example, it was a Thursday when it took place, then the sun did not set for an additional 24 hours. That made that Thursday a 48 hour day (12 hours of night and 36 hours of daylight). When the sun finally did set, it was then Friday. No loss of day, no extra day.

Wait a minute bro, I've already been through this here on another thread and mathematics prove what we're saying.

If an hour has 60 minutes,
and a day has 24 hours,
then a day has 1440 minutes. Gen 1:14, 15

60x24= 1440

If we multiply 1440 for one day by 5 1/4 days,

1440x5 1/4=7560 minutes.

That means every year, after Joshua's longest day Jos 10:13, the starting point of day one of the year is retarded 7560 minutes from the starting point of the first day of the 360 day year.

If we divide the 7560 minutes per year by 52 weeks then each week has been retarded 145.4 minutes more than the 360 day year,

7560/52=145.4

That means each day has been retarded 20.77 minutes.

145.4/7=20.77

That means the starting point of sundown each day has been retarded 20.77 minutes from the first day of the 360 day Jewish calendar of Ex 12.2,

so, on the first day of the week, because of the retardation of 20.77 minutes, the second day of a 360 day year actually started 20.76 minutes before the end of the first day, the second day started 41.54 minutes before the third day which means the seventh day of the first week, after the longest day, actually started 124.6 minutes, approx 2 hours, before sunset on the sixth day and it has compounded every year since.

I hope that helps (and I hope my math is correct). :biggrin

My bad, edited to add Scripture.

Last edited:
  • Subsequent opposing responses should include references to supportive scripture relevant to the thread and offer explanation for the contrary understanding.

Wait a minute bro, I've already been through this here on another thread and mathematics prove what we're saying.

If an hour has 60 minutes,
and a day has 24 hours,
then a day has 1440 minutes.

60x24= 1440

If we multiply 1440 for one day by 5 1/4 days,

1440x5 1/4=7560 minutes.

That means every year, after Joshua's longest day, the starting point of day one of the year is retarded 7560 minutes from the starting point of the first day of the 360 day year.

If we divide the 7560 minutes per year by 52 weeks then each week has been retarded 145.4 minutes more than the 360 day year,

7560/52=145.4

That means each day has been retarded 20.77 minutes.

145.4/7=20.77

That means the starting point of sundown each day has been retarded 20.77 minutes from the first day of the 360 day Jewish calendar of Ex 12.2,

so, on the first day of the week, because of the retardation of 20.77 minutes, the second day of a 360 day year actually started 20.76 minutes before the end of the first day, the second day started 41.54 minutes before the third day which means the seventh day of the first week, after the longest day, actually started 124.6 minutes, approx 2 hours, before sunset on the sixth day and it has compounded every year since.

I hope that helps (and I hope my math is correct). :biggrin

That was mind boggling Karl, but let's keep this Scriptural and simple.

Jos 10:12 Then spake Joshua to YHWH in the day when YHWH delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
Jos 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
Jos 10:14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that YHWH hearkened unto the voice of a man: for YHWH fought for Israel.​

The Scriptures refer to the day the sun stood still as one day. The singular "day" and singular "it" refer to one single day. If it was a Thursday, then the sun stood still that day. When it finally went down, that day ended (Thursday ended and Friday began). That week was still comprised of seven days with the 7th day still being the Sabbath.

Here is a graphic to help you understand what took place:

tshtbl-chart2_large.gif

You cloud the issue by bringing minutes into it. Time was not counted in minutes back then. Nor were days determined based on minutes. A day was from one sundown to the next. In Yeshua's day, a year consisted of 12 months, but every second or third year has 13 months.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the 5 1/4 days from?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back