Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What does the Word say about the Law of YHWH which, in reality, is the Law of Moses?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There have been multiple warnings in this thread by an administrator to follow the rules of backing your posts with scripture references despite the fact that every member is required to read the ToS as well as rules and guidelines for each individual forum without being constantly reminded to do so. Be advised, if this rule continues to be broken after all these warnings, we will issue infraction points. Also be aware that if you already have 2 active infraction points, the 3rd one automatically puts you on suspension for 30 days. Is it really worth a 30 day suspension just to try to avoid such a simple rule?

That was mind boggling Karl, but let's keep this Scriptural and simple.

Jos 10:12 Then spake Joshua to YHWH in the day when YHWH delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
Jos 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
Jos 10:14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that YHWH hearkened unto the voice of a man: for YHWH fought for Israel.​

The Scriptures refer to the day the sun stood still as one day. The singular "day" and singular "it" refer to one single day. If it was a Thursday, then the sun stood still that day. When it finally went down, that day ended (Thursday ended and Friday began). That week was still comprised of seven days with the 7th day still being the Sabbath.

Here is a graphic to help you understand what took place:

tshtbl-chart2_large.gif

You cloud the issue by bringing minutes into it. Time was not counted in minutes back then. Nor were days determined based on minutes. A day was from one sundown to the next. In Yeshua's day, a year consisted of 12 months, but every second or third year has 13 months.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the 5 1/4 days from?

Bro it is Scriptural, simple high school math and reality for us today.

In the Julian calendar, the average length of a year is 365.25 days. In a non-leap year, there are 365 days, in a leap year there are 366 days. A leap year occurs every four years.

The Gregorian calendar attempts to keep the northward equinox on or shortly before March 21, hence it follows the northward equinox year. The mean length of the year is 365.2425 days (as 97 out of 400 years are leap years); this is within one ppm of the current length of the mean tropical year (365.24219 days),

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year

I rounded off my numbers, but you get the point, I understand what you are saying in your graph, but a day is made of of seconds and minutes and on that day the earth's orbit was changed by 5.25 days, it takes us 5.25 days longer to make one orbit of the sun than when God created the earth and that affects the minutes in one day.

May I ask if you know what physically caused the longest day of Joshua?

edit: I hope my Scripture references in my previous post will be considered valid for this one.
(No, it is NOT valid. Each post must stand on it's own. This is in violation of the guidelines of this forum. Obadiah.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeshua fulfilled the sacrificial part of Atonement. There remains one aspect left; the blowing of the anti-typical Jubilee trumpet on the Day of Atonement to set the captives of death free. That will happen when he returns. Until then, the shadow of Atonement remains.

The blood of Jesus takes away sin, whereas the blood of bulls and goats atones for sins.

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. Hebrews 10:4

And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. Hebrews 10:11

JLB

There remains one aspect left; the blowing of the anti-typical Jubilee trumpet on the Day of Atonement to set the captives of death free. That will happen when he returns. Until then, the shadow of Atonement remains.
But Christ fulfilled the setting free of the captives in his first visit to the world:

"17 And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,
18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,
19 TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."
20 And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
21 And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing." (Luke 4:17-21 NASB)

I'm somewhat familiar with the teaching that the fall feasts have yet to be fulfilled, but Hebrews is pretty clear that they, too, have been fulfilled, Christ now being the substance of our worship in lieu of the literal Mosaic observances even in regard to those.

Bro it is Scriptural, simple high school math and reality for us today.

Show me Scripturally that Sabbath is no longer at the correct time. I don't want to see it mathematically, but Scripturally. As I understand it, it doesn't matter how many minutes are in a day or by how many minutes each day is retarded. All that matters is that we still have sundowns.

Picture the following in your mind: There was a Sabbath that ended the week just before Joshua's long day found in Joshua 10:13. Then there were six more sundowns that brought us to the start of another Sabbath. In between those two Sabbaths was Joshua's long day. Minutes do not matter when counting from one Sabbath to the next. Only sundowns matter. Now picture the Israelites continuing to keep every 7th day since Joshua's long day right up until Yeshua starts keeping Sabbaths. If the Sabbath has been lost since Joshua's long day, then what was Yeshua keeping holy? Certainly not erroneous Sabbaths for then he would have sinned. The Holy Spirit inspired the NT writers to call the day Yeshua kept as the 7th day Sabbath the "Sabbath Day" (Luke 4:16). Yeshua himself called it the "Sabbath Day" (Mt 24:20). This was actually a prophecy of the future in which Yeshua says, "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:" How can he say that if the Sabbath was lost.

Your calculations concerning the year may be correct. All I am saying is that it doesn't matter concerning the Sabbath because the Sabbath is not tied into years, but every 7th day. Paul says he was in Romans 5:11.

The blood of Jesus takes away sin, whereas the blood of bulls and goats atones for sins.

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. Hebrews 10:4

And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. Hebrews 10:11

JLB

I agree. That is why I believe Yeshua fulfills the Atonement sacrifice. The blood of bulls and goats was insufficient, but Yeshua's blood was. Are you saying Yeshua is not our atoning sacrifice? Paul says he was in Romans 5:11.

But Christ fulfilled the setting free of the captives in his first visit to the world:

"17 And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,
18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,
19 TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."
20 And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.
21 And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing." (Luke 4:17-21 NASB)

I'm somewhat familiar with the teaching that the fall feasts have yet to be fulfilled, but Hebrews is pretty clear that they, too, have been fulfilled, Christ now being the substance of our worship in lieu of the literal Mosaic observances even in regard to those.

I believe this refers to setting the captives of sin and Satan free (Isa 42:6-7; Acts 26:18; Romans 6:18; 2Ti 2:26). The captives of death will be set free when he who holds the key to the grave (hades) comes to set them free (Rev 1:18).

If the fall feasts have been fulfilled, what is the fulfillment of Yom Teruah or the Day of Trumpets found in Lev 23:23-25? When was the anti-typical Jubilee Trumpet blown in the NT? How is the Feast of Tabernacles fulfilled?

(Post removed, A&T Guidelines: "Subsequent opposing responses should include references to supportive scripture relevant to the thread and offer explanation for the contrary understanding." Obadiah)

(Post removed, response to deleted post. Obadiah)

I agree. That is why I believe Yeshua fulfills the Atonement sacrifice. The blood of bulls and goats was insufficient, but Yeshua's blood was. Are you saying Yeshua is not our atoning sacrifice? Paul says he was in Romans 5:11.

And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. Romans 5:11

Atonement - Strong's Number: 2643 - Katallage

Definition
  1. exchange
    1. of the business of money changers, exchanging equivalent values
  2. adjustment of a difference, reconciliation, restoration to favour
    1. in the NT of the restoration of the favour of God to sinners that repent and put their trust in the expiatory death of Christ

And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
Romans 5:11 NKJV

And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
Romans 5:11
NASV

Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
NIV

And not only [so], but we are also boasting in God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom now we did receive the reconciliation;
YLT

and not only so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
Romans 5:11 ASV

The better translation of this word is Reconciliation, rather than "atonement".

JLB

Show me Scripturally that Sabbath is no longer at the correct time. I don't want to see it mathematically, but Scripturally. As I understand it, it doesn't matter how many minutes are in a day or by how many minutes each day is retarded. All that matters is that we still have sundowns.

Picture the following in your mind: There was a Sabbath that ended the week just before Joshua's long day found in Joshua 10:13. Then there were six more sundowns that brought us to the start of another Sabbath. In between those two Sabbaths was Joshua's long day. Minutes do not matter when counting from one Sabbath to the next. Only sundowns matter. Now picture the Israelites continuing to keep every 7th day since Joshua's long day right up until Yeshua starts keeping Sabbaths. If the Sabbath has been lost since Joshua's long day, then what was Yeshua keeping holy? Certainly not erroneous Sabbaths for then he would have sinned. The Holy Spirit inspired the NT writers to call the day Yeshua kept as the 7th day Sabbath the "Sabbath Day" (Luke 4:16). Yeshua himself called it the "Sabbath Day" (Mt 24:20). This was actually a prophecy of the future in which Yeshua says, "But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:" How can he say that if the Sabbath was lost.

Your calculations concerning the year may be correct. All I am saying is that it doesn't matter concerning the Sabbath because the Sabbath is not tied into years, but every 7th day. Paul says he was in Romans 5:11.

Let me ask you, do you believe God is precise?

The six days of Creation Gen 1:5-31, were the days 24 hours exactly, or were some 23 hours 58 minutes, 24 hours 3 minutes, etc?

And let's not say they were 1 thousand years because we can prove Scripturally from the first chapter of Genesis, using vs 2 that is not true.

A simple yes will do and if no then Scripturally show how long were they.

Reba has already answered you about Jesus sinning on the Sabbath, and as for keeping the Sabbath His personal life with His disciples shows He didn't have a special regard for the Sabbath, healing people on the Sabbath Matt 12:10-12, walking more than a Sabbath's day journey and allowing His disciples to work on the Sabbath. Matt 12:1

You ask what was Jesus keeping holy, ..He wasn't, the Glory of the Lord had long since left the Temple, in fact the Temple was in the process of being rebuilt by a pagan, and take notice how the Holy Spirit referred to the (holy?) feasts,

After this there was a feast of the Jews; John 5:1
And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh. John 6:4
Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand. John 7:2

As compared to,

Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be a feast to the LORD. Exo 13:6
Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year Exo 23:14
And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. Lev 23:6

Jesus didn't come to serve or be worshiped as God in the Temple, the Word became flesh Jn 1:14 to have Blood to pour on the Alter and as the Last Adam to replenish, subdue and have dominion as King over the world which the first Adam failed miserably.in doing.

Matt 24:20 is during the last 3 1/2 years of the time of Jacob's trouble and Jesus is making reference to the opening of the Jewish peoples eyes when they see the Abomination of Desolation, as spoken by Daniel the prophet, concerning the Anti-Christ and He's speaking to people living at that time in Israel, becuuuuzz, today in Israel as it will be then, everything shuts down, no taxis, no buses, no trains, no airplanes, nada, and He's telling these people to run to the hills (Petra), ...literally.

AND, I totally agree, ...it doesn't matter how many minutes are in a day or by how many minutes each day is retarded, ...unless we make it into a Law and say we have to keep it as God commanded in the Old Testament.

There have been some very competent answers already given that Scriptually explain the Church is free from keeping the Old Testament ordinances, ...I have just presented a logical case using mathematics that we don't know when the Sabbath is, hence it's impossible for us to keep the Sabbath, feast or new moons as God instructed the Children of Israel.

:horse

Let me ask you, do you believe God is precise?

The six days of Creation Gen 1:5-31, were the days 24 hours exactly, or were some 23 hours 58 minutes, 24 hours 3 minutes, etc?

And let's not say they were 1 thousand years because we can prove Scripturally from the first chapter of Genesis, using vs 2 that is not true.

A simple yes will do and if no then Scripturally show how long were they.

Yes.

Reba has already answered you about Jesus sinning on the Sabbath,

I must have missed that reply. Are you referring to her reply that my reply was a "cop out"?

and as for keeping the Sabbath His personal life with His disciples shows He didn't have a special regard for the Sabbath, healing people on the Sabbath Matt 12:10-12, walking more than a Sabbath's day journey and allowing His disciples to work on the Sabbath. Matt 12:1

Yahweh never forbid healing on the Sabbath. That was a Jewish man-made law that he was coming against. It was one of many burdens the Jews imposed upon people. A Sabbath days journey was another man-made law. If you ever read Jewish writings on the subject, you would know this.

As for the rest of your post, I will reply to it after work. Gotta go.

No work today due to snow.

walking more than a Sabbath's day journey and allowing His disciples to work on the Sabbath.Matt 12:1

Mat 12:1 At that time Yeshua went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.

Mat 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.​

They were guilty of breaking four Pharisaic (man-made) laws; reaping, threshing, winnowing, and storing. All this simply by plucking some grains and eating. The Jews weren’t even allowed to walk on the grass because the Pharisees fear that they might accidently separate some seed from the stalk.

Mat 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
Mat 12:4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.​

Yeshua said they were “guiltless”. Here they were, living under the Old Covenant, yet Yeshua says they were guiltless. Why? Because what they were doing was not against Yahweh’s law. Yeshua came to magnify the Law and make it honorable (Isa 42:21), but the Pharisees, in their limited, carnal understanding of the commandments, made them a burden by imposing their man-made laws and traditions upon them.

Mat 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.​

How can Yeshua be Lord of the Sabbath Day if the Sabbath was lost? Was he Lord of the missing Sabbath or was he Lord of the correct Sabbath that he was trying to defend the disciples on? Why didn’t he just say, “Hey, you brood of vipers, don’t you know that today is not the true Sabbath Day? It was lost because of Joshua’s long day. All Jews from that time on were really keeping the wrong Sabbath.”

You ask what was Jesus keeping holy, ..He wasn't, the Glory of the Lord had long since left the Temple, in fact the Temple was in the process of being rebuilt by a pagan, and take notice how the Holy Spirit referred to the (holy?) feasts,
After this there was afeast of the Jews;John 5:1
And the passover, afeast of the Jews, was nigh.John 6:4
Now theJews' feastof tabernacles was at hand.John 7:2

As compared to,
Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be afeast to the LORD.Exo 13:6
Three times thou shalt keepa feast unto mein the yearExo 23:14
And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened breadunto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.Lev 23:6

John was certainly not saying they were not YHWH’s feasts. Yahweh gave them to Israel as a prophetic outline of His plan of salvation; as shadows of what was to come. The Jews possessed them and rejoiced in them. They were a treasure to the Jews, but they polluted them through their carnality and legalism.

Matt 24:20is during the last 3 1/2 years of the time of Jacob's trouble and Jesus is making reference to the opening of the Jewish peoples eyes when they see the Abomination of Desolation,as spoken by Daniel the prophet, concerning the Anti-Christ and He's speaking to people living at that time in Israel, becuuuuzz, today in Israel as it will be then, everything shuts down, no taxis, no buses, no trains, no airplanes, nada, and He's telling these people to run to the hills (Petra), ...literally.

Yeshua is telling the future Jews to pray to YHWH that they don’t have to flee from Jerusalem on a day that no longer exists or that the Jews are keeping on the wrong day??? Yeshua is misleading them to believe the Sabbath still exists in the future??? Try again.

(Post removed. A&T Guidelines: "Subsequent opposing responses should include references to supportive scripture relevant to the thread and offer explanation for the contrary understanding." Obadiah)

(Post removed. Response to a deleted post. Obadiah)

Heb 8:13 in the saying `new,' He hath made the first old, and what doth become obsolete and is old is nigh disappearing.
What is the 'new'? What is the 'old'? What became obsolete?

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Three things to notice here:
1) The fault was with the people, not the covenant nor the Law...

Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

2) The Covenant is the discussion here, not the Law. The Covenant is the agreement between God and Israel. The Law is the terms and conditions of the Covenant.

3) The New Covenant is made with Israel and Judah.

Now for the passage about new and old.

Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

Again, the problem was the people did not continue in the Covenant.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

This gets right interesting, this passage is a direct quote from...

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Now the word for Law in verse 33 is...

H8451
תֹּרָה תּוֹרָה
tôrâh tôrâh
to-raw', to-raw'
From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

This leads up to verse 13 and shows it is not the Law that is old or new but rather the Covenant. The New Covenant is based on the same Law with deeper spiritual applications...

Isa 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

No I not saying that keeping any sabbath is laborious or that any day with the Lord is laborious.

Yes, YHVH rested on the 7th day and He declared that day holy.
I don't see any observance of a 7th day Sabbath before Ex 16. I don't think there was because Moses explains,, in Deut 5, why the 7th day Sabbath was instituted.
Deu 5:15 and thou hast remembered that a servant thou hast been in the land of Egypt, and Jehovah thy God is bringing thee out thence by a strong hand, and by a stretched-out arm; therefore hath Yehovah thy God commanded thee to keep the day of the sabbath.
It was given for them to remember that they were slaves in Egypt and that by His hand He brought them out.

There is this...

Exo 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

God asked HOW LONG would they refuse to keep His Laws and Commandments. The Sabbath was made a Law at creation and the fourth Commandment recognizes this...

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Then we find that the Father of the Faithful (quite a title indeed) did this...

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

The word for Laws here is...

H8451
תֹּרָה תּוֹרָה
tôrâh tôrâh
to-raw', to-raw'
From H3384; a precept or statute, especially the Decalogue or Pentateuch: - law.

Just because the Laws were not stated as in Ex 20 and Deut 5 does not mean they were not in effect.

Gen 20:3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

Why was Abimelech a dead man?

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gen 20:4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
Gen 20:5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
Gen 20:6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

Adultery was a sin at this time. What is sin?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

No Law = no sin but there was sin so there had to be Law. What is being referred to in the first part of verse 13 is that there was sin in the world up until the time of the giving of the Law at Mt. Sinai. This is not saying that there was no Law prior to Sinai, it is using the phrase "until the law" as a time marker. The time marker is Mt. Sinai and the scripture clearly says there was sin prior to that and sin is not imputed when there is no Law so there had to be Law prior to Mt. Sinai.

Psa 19:7-8 The law of YHWH is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony (Ten Commandments) of YHWH is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of YHWH are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of YHWH is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Psa 78:5-7 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: That they might set their hope in Elohim, and not forget the works of El, but keep his commandments:

Psa 119:72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

Psa 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Psa 119:98-99 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Psa 119:151 Thou art near, O YHWH; and all thy commandments are truth.

Psa 119:152 Concerning thy testimonies (Ten Commandments), I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.

Psa_119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O YHWH; and thy law is my delight.

Isa_5:24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of YHWH of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Ezekiel 36:26,27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Mat 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Psalm 119:126 It is time for thee, Yahweh, to work: for they have made void thy law.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Rom_7:25 I thank God through Yeshua Messiah our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.​

Is this how you view the Law of YHWH/God? Do you serve it with your mind or does your flesh refuse to be subject to it? Have you made the Law void through your faith or is it firmly established in your life? Do you love the Law of YHWH? Is it your delight or have you cast it away from you? Do you break the Law of YHWH and teach others to do the same or do you keep it? If you believe the Law is abolished, I hope you will reconsider your understanding of the Law of YHWH and begin to show your love for YHWH in the way He desires by keeping His laws.
These are a few scriptures about The Law of The Lord:Romans 3:31 - Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) Romans 2:15

http://biblehub.com/romans/2-15.htm

http://www.eliyah.com/law.htm

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back