Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What is "REAL GRACE" ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Joh 1:16

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Joh 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Many have never entered into "truth" which is found only in "grace" :sad

"For even until this day their hearts are blinded by the law"

"Ever learning" yet not able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Going about to establish their own righteousness, they have not submitted to the Righteousness of God, found only in grace.

Grace is laid upon grace, all growth in Christ is received, by faith, and cannot be achieved.

Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) :biglol

"Charismatic" has been made into many things i do not agree with. I call much of it "nuts and flakes" but we do not reject scripture because of the error of some.
"True Grace " has real power, not just doctrines and words!
The fact, that some who seem so messed up, has a gift from God? That is what "grace" is! something none of us deserve! If you are trying to earn it? That may be why you dont have it? By the way consider the word "Charis-matic".
1Co 3:10

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1Co 3:11

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Many claim to be builders, and attempt to lay upon the foundations
of Christ.
Grace is from heaven and those that have it, labor by it , and will not attempt to build apart from its working power.

"Grace" is not just about being set free from the Law of sin and death.
"Grace" is being bound to "perfect law of liberty" being set free from the flesh by the word of God!
Living a life of victory! That brings Glory to Gods "grace"

Heb 10:29 (ISV)

How much more severe a punishment do you think that person deserves who tramples on God's Son, treats as common the blood of the covenant by which it was sanctified, and insults the Spirit of grace?

Grace is a "Spirit" not a doctrine!

Its not found by mans wisdom, nor religious tradition, but by faith in Christ Jesus, who then gives us "His Spirit" of grace

Rom 5:2 (KJV)

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

We are not saved by a doctrine but by His Spirit!:thumbsup

Wow, where did you come up with that about the law? Read any of the psalms lately?

God is the same God of the old covenant as he is the new covenant and grace is as abundent in the ot as it is the nt. The only thing that has changed is the covenant is written on our hearts, not tablets of stone. Paul speaks of his born again struggles in romans... you know I do what I don't want to do and don't do what I want to do... and yet it is written on his heart.

She got it from the bible. Do a word search in the bible for "letter written on stone"
The ten commandments. How the law actually stirs up sin.

Its too late for me to post them tonight. I'll try tomorrow.

She got it from the bible. Do a word search in the bible for "letter written on stone"
The ten commandments. How the law actually stirs up sin.

Its too late for me to post them tonight. I'll try tomorrow.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

How much of the "sin issues" in the "church" are caused by the preaching of the Law? "The strength of sin is the law" How clear is that?

Jer 17:5

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
Jer 17:6

For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
Jer 17:7

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

The Apostle Paul declared that he labored more abundantly than all? "Yet not I but the Grace of God that was with me"

Grace is more than a doctrine it is a Spirit which rest upon those who trust in the Living God. It is very sad how few "Christains" have ever found the strength of God, because they have never allowed themselves to be weak!

The Blessing of the Lord is His Grace!:biglol

Your Lord is very jealous of your love, O believer. Did he choose you? He cannot bear that you should choose another. Did he buy you with his own blood? He cannot endure that you should think that you are your own, or that you belong to this world. He loved you with such a love that he would not stop in heaven without you; he would sooner die than you should perish, and he cannot endure that anything should stand between your heart’s love and himself. He is very jealous of your trust. He will not permit you to trust in an arm of flesh. He cannot bear that you should hew out broken cisterns, when the overflowing fountain is always free to you. When we lean upon him, he is glad, but when we transfer our dependence to another, when we rely upon our own wisdom, or the wisdom of a friend-worst of all, when we trust in any works of our own, he is displeased, and will chasten us that he may bring us to himself. He is also very jealous of our company. There should be no one with whom we converse so much as with Jesus. To abide in him only, this is true love; but to commune with the world, to find sufficient solace in our carnal comforts, to prefer even the society of our fellow Christians to secret intercourse with him, this is grievous to our jealous Lord. He would fain have us abide in him, and enjoy constant fellowship with himself; and many of the trials which he sends us are for the purpose of weaning our hearts from the creature, and fixing them more closely upon himself. Let this jealousy which would keep us near to Christ be also a comfort to us, for if he loves us so much as to care thus about our love we may be sure that he will suffer nothing to harm us, and will protect us from all our enemies. Oh that we may have grace this day to keep our hearts in sacred chastity for our Beloved alone, with sacred jealousy shutting our eyes to all the fascinations of the world!- C. Spurgeon

2Pe 3:18

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

But grow

(auxanete de). Present active imperative of auxanō, "but keep on growing."

In the grace and knowledge

(en chariti kai gnōsei). Locative case with en. Grow in both. Keep it up. article (tou) here, "of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

As we grow in "grace" we grow in gentleness, in tenderness, and in the beauty of The Master and in His Love. At first our love may have little selfish streaks through it. We may seem to fail again and again, but we keep on in fellowship with the Master. Always looking to Him and His Grace to supply that which we always seem to lack. We move steadily on, we continue to grow until we actually believe in His grace and love. We begin to see that grace and love are the solution to every problem in life. We believe that His Way is the sure way!:thumbsup

Act 4:33

And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

We must understand the reason the "Church" walked in earth shaking power, was because of "real" grace! Not a doctrine but a living flowing Spirit, bringing a river of life to all that believe!

Joh 1:16

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Joh 1:17

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Without Jesus Christ, there is no grace, without grace, there is no truth!

Psa 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psa 46:2

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Psa 46:3

Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
Psa 46:4

There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

Grace is not for the past nor for the future? Our God is "The Great I Am" He says "I Am" that "I Am"! His Grace will come to those who admit they need and desire it, Now!
Like "manna" from heaven it is only bread for today.:)

I have often remarked the injurious effects of doing things because others did them, or because it was the custom, or because they were persuaded into acts of outward self-denial, or giving up things whilst the heart did not go along with it, and whilst the outward act was NOT the result of the inward powerful working of the Holy Ghost, and the happy entering into our fellowship with the Father and with the Son.

Everything that is a mere form, a mere habit and custom in divine things, is to be dreaded exceedingly: life, power, reality, this is what we have to aim after. Things should not result from without, but from within. The sort of clothes I wear, the kind of house I live in, the quality of the furniture I use, all such like things should not result from other persons doing so and so, or because it is customary among those brethren with whom I associate to live in such and such a simple, inexpensive self-denying way; but whatever be done in these things, in the way of giving up, or self-denial, or deadness to the world, should result from the joy we have in God, from the knowledge of our being the children of God, from the entering into the preciousness of our future inheritance, etc. Far better that for the time being we stand still, and do not take the steps which we see others take, than that it is merely the force of example that leads us to do a thing, and afterwards it be regretted. Not that I mean in the least this to imply we should continue to live in luxury, self-indulgence, and the like, whilst others are in great need; but we should begin the thing in a right way, i.e., aim after the right state of heart; begin inwardly instead of outwardly. If otherwise, it will not last. We shall look back, or even get into a worse state than we were before. But oh, how different if joy in God leads us to any little act of self-denial. How gladly do we do it then! How great an honour then do we esteem it to be! How much does the heart then long to be able to do more for Him who has done so much for us! We are far then from looking down in proud self-complacency upon those who do not go as far as we do, but rather pray to the Lord that He would be pleased to help our dear brethren and sisters forward who may seem to us weak in any particular point; and we also are conscious to ourselves that if we have a little more light or strength with reference to one point, other brethren may have more light or grace in other respects.- G. Muller

It pleased the Lord, I think, to give me in some cases something like the gift (not grace) of faith, so that unconditionally I could ask and look for an answer. The difference between the gift and the grace of faith seems to me this. According to the gift of faith I am able to do a thing, or believe that a thing will come to pass, the not doing of which, or the not believing of which would not be sin; according to the grace of faith I am able to do a thing, or believe that a thing will come to pass, respecting which I have the word of God as the ground to rest upon, and, therefore, the not doing it, or the not believing it would be sin. For instance, the gift of faith would be needed, to believe that a sick person should be restored again, though there is no human probability: for there is no promise to that effect; the grace of faith is needed to believe that the Lord will give me the necessaries of life, if I first seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness: for there is a promise to that effect. (Matt. vi.33.)- G. Muller

Rom 5:17

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

The "Kingdom of God" can never be given to man by his efforts!
For we must receive it as a child, in simple faith. For God gives "grace" to the humble and resist the proud.

Luk 18:14

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Luk 18:15

And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
Luk 18:16

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Luk 18:17

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Heb 12:28

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29

For our God is a consuming fire.

Only when the natural mind and body of flesh is humbled by the truth, will the Spirit of Grace begin to take up the work of God in a believer.

"Fear and trembling" should not be words of "religious bondage", but words of liberty to those who know the power of His Grace. For when we admit our weakness in self, we will reach for His Strength.

Be sure that all we do for God, must be done by "His Grace" For nothing of mans efforts will stand when the fire of testing is allowed to judge every mans work.

Heb 12:28

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29

For our God is a consuming fire.

Only when the natural mind and body of flesh is humbled by the truth, will the Spirit of Grace begin to take up the work of God in a believer.

"Fear and trembling" should not be words of "religious bondage", but words of liberty to those who know the power of His Grace. For when we admit our weakness in self, we will reach for His Strength.

Be sure that all we do for God, must be done by "His Grace" For nothing of mans efforts will stand when the fire of testing is allowed to judge every mans work.

Gal 1:6

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

As you have received Christ Jesus, so walk ye in Him!

Do not be deceived there is only ONE TRUE GOSPEL, and that is called the Gospel of His Grace!

Act 20:24

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Many would turn grace into works, and pervert the "True Gospel" no man has any works unless Gods Grace has supplied the work!

1Co 15:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Jas 4:6

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

"Blessed are meek"
"When I am weak then I am strong"
"My strength is made perfect in weakness"

The strength and wisdom of man, is all vanity before God!
Only the humble of mind and body may see the Power of God!

For those who hope in the flesh and their own strength will never admit their need for Gods unseen power! Often we see that only when a man is broken and at his end, will he call out for Gods grace!

It need not be that way, we may decide to humble ourselves and surrender to His Goodness, but narrow is the gate, and broad is the way that leads to destruction!:chin

Even the sweat from those who labor by grace is blessed and can heal multitudes. But the best of mans labors, is forever cursed!

Jas 4:6

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

"Blessed are meek"
"When I am weak then I am strong"
"My strength is made perfect in weakness"

The strength and wisdom of man, is all vanity before God!
Only the humble of mind and body may see the Power of God!

For those who hope in the flesh and their own strength will never admit their need for Gods unseen power! Often we see that only when a man is broken and at his end, will he call out for Gods grace!

It need not be that way, we may decide to humble ourselves and surrender to His Goodness, but narrow is the gate, and broad is the way that leads to destruction!:chin

Even the sweat from those who labor by grace is blessed and can heal multitudes. But the best of mans labors, is forever cursed!
Gal 1:4

Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Gal 1:5

To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

To be delivered from this present evil world, you must believe Christ Jesus bore all our sins! He did this according to GRACE!

As ye have received Him so walk ye in Him! To say that we are saved by Grace then we must earn by works the rest is the issue Paul confronts in the book of Gal.

By faith through GRACE ye stand! All our works must come from Grace.

For I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the GRACE of God that was with me!

GRACE is the BLESSING of God! To be apart from His Grace is to be cursed!

Gal 1:4

Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Gal 1:5

To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Gal 1:8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

To be delivered from this present evil world, you must believe Christ Jesus bore all our sins! He did this according to GRACE!

As ye have received Him so walk ye in Him! To say that we are saved by Grace then we must earn by works the rest is the issue Paul confronts in the book of Gal.

By faith through GRACE ye stand! All our works must come from Grace.

For I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the GRACE of God that was with me!

GRACE is the BLESSING of God! To be apart from His Grace is to be cursed!
1Co 15:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

Grace makes you something! and causes you to labor by that grace!:chin

Jas 2:18

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. :yes

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back