Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What is "REAL GRACE" ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Isa 56:10

His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

Isa 56:11

Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

1Co 15:34

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

One thing you will never find in scripture, is permission to sin!
You do find a complete forgivness and the power over sin, by His mercy and abounding grace!:)

Psa 89:39

Thou hast made void the covenant of thy servant: thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground.
Psa 89:40

Thou hast broken down all his hedges; thou hast brought his strong holds to ruin.
Psa 89:41

All that pass by the way spoil him: he is a reproach to his neighbours.
Psa 89:42

Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries; thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
Psa 89:43

Thou hast also turned the edge of his sword, and hast not made him to stand in the battle.

Psa 89:44

Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.

Grace is not a doctrine, its a Person! To make "His Grace" a weak and powerless thing, is a great sin!

GRACE - undeserved, unmerited favor, Gods willingness to give us His power and ability even though we do not deserve it.

What is that power and ability, it's found in Matthew 25:31-46 as God wants our availability and not our ability as we share Gods favor to us with others by Gods work of grace.

GRACE - undeserved, unmerited favor, Gods willingness to give us His power and ability even though we do not deserve it.

What is that power and ability, it's found in Matthew 25:31-46 as God wants our availability and not our ability as we share Gods favor to us with others by Gods work of grace.
I agree service to others is the starting point of all grace!

Here, I believe, is a good example of trying to limit the power of "grace". The scriptures promise so much more, yet its so easy to make "grace" much less than what it really is. I also would say , in our service to others, How important it is to be confident and able to draw upon the many graces of God for the ministry to the weak. I believe real
love and compassion for those who are hurting, demands us to seek all the Grace of God.

A succinct definition of Real Grace.
I doubt the scriptures, the Holy Spirit, and the Lord agree with your conclusion!
"grace" the smoke screen for the "powerless church"?

2Pe 3:17

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

2Pe 3:18

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.:biglol

Num 14:2

And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness!
Num 14:3

And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt?
Num 14:4

And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.
Num 14:5

Then Moses and Aaron fell on their faces before all the assembly of the congregation of the children of Israel.
Num 14:6

And Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of them that searched the land, rent their clothes:
Num 14:7

And they spake unto all the company of the children of Israel, saying, The land, which we passed through to search it, is an exceeding good land.
Num 14:8

If the LORD delight in us, then he will bring us into this land, and give it us; a land which floweth with milk and honey.
Num 14:9

Only rebel not ye against the LORD, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is departed from them, and the LORD is with us: fear them not.

The great sin of Israel is to doubt that God is able to deliver that which He has promised! The Lord has given us a Great Victory in "His Grace" but many are too mindful of how large an enemy we face. Doubters, complainers, fearful and ready to turn away from the Promises of God!
Many now use the "Grace of God" as a doctrine to legalize their own defeat! They stand ready to stone any who declares the Truth! "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world "
Heb 3:14

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15

While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Heb 3:16

For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

Heb 4:1

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Heb 4:2

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

I doubt the scriptures, the Holy Spirit, and the Lord agree with your conclusion!
"grace" the smoke screen for the "powerless church"?

2Pe 3:17

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

2Pe 3:18

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.:biglol
Peace be unto you. Respectfully, I honestly believe the above srcipture, 2 Peter 3:18, is saying the same thing I was saying.

Romans 5:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
1 Corinthians 1:4

New King James Version (NKJV)

Spiritual Gifts at Corinth

4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus,
Galatians 2:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Galatians 5:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Ephesians 4:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
1 Timothy 1:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 1:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
2 Timothy 2:1

King James Version (KJV)

2 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Peace be unto you. Respectfully, I honestly believe the above srcipture, 2 Peter 3:18, is saying the same thing I was saying.

Romans 5:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
1 Corinthians 1:4

New King James Version (NKJV)

Spiritual Gifts at Corinth

4 I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus,
Galatians 2:21

King James Version (KJV)

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Galatians 5:4

King James Version (KJV)

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Ephesians 4:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
1 Timothy 1:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 1:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
2 Timothy 2:1

King James Version (KJV)

2 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
And peace to you! My whole point in the post was that much of our doctrines are focused on just a part of Gods overall, and abounding Grace! That many use the great truth of "saving grace" as a crutch, instead of a lauching point into the deeper truths of "Grace". This has left the church without any real power other than a bunch of "creeds" and "religious activity". How do you see it?

And peace to you! My whole point in the post was that much of our doctrines are focused on just a part of Gods overall, and abounding Grace! That many use the great truth of "saving grace" as a crutch, instead of a lauching point into the deeper truths of "Grace". This has left the church without any real power other than a bunch of "creeds" and "religious activity". How do you see it?
I believe there is a false church meant to obscure the true meaning of the Gospel. It is focused upon works of men through obedience to the letter of the law without proper regard for the Spirit necessary to accomplish the task.

In this false church goodness and godliness are obtainable through self will and I do not perceive how the term grace is even applied. It is as though they believe that Jesus died for our sins affording us a second chance without even addressing the issue of why we were corrupt to begin with.

The true church however acknowledges that all men are corrupt and cannot will their way out of it. For the corruption is caused by a false image of god that dwells in the subconscious mind. That is why True Grace is in the knowledge of the True Image of God who is our righteousness. Divine Love is therefore the attribute of God in man unto His glory, and not the consequence of the ability to reason unto mans glory.

I believe there is a false church meant to obscure the true meaning of the Gospel. It is focused upon works of men through obedience to the letter of the law without proper regard for the Spirit necessary to accomplish the task.

In this false church goodness and godliness are obtainable through self will and I do not perceive how the term grace is even applied. It is as though they believe that Jesus died for our sins affording us a second chance without even addressing the issue of why we were corrupt to begin with.

The true church however acknowledges that all men are corrupt and cannot will their way out of it. For the corruption is caused by a false image of god that dwells in the subconscious mind. That is why True Grace is in the knowledge of the True Image of God who is our righteousness. Divine Love is therefore the attribute of God in man unto His glory, and not the consequence of the ability to reason unto mans glory.
I agree with you about the legalist! If they cant put someone in bondage to the Law? They will turn the New Testament into the letter and attempt to "unsave" someone that way! They cannot rest until they have overturned the faith of others! But my point still remains," Grace" and "salvation" are so much more than doctrines we discuss with the legalist! Now i am not attempting to condemn anyone for believing! I am saying there is much more to believe!

I agree with you about the legalist! If they cant put someone in bondage to the Law? They will turn the New Testament into the letter and attempt to "unsave" someone that way! They cannot rest until they have overturned the faith of others! But my point still remains," Grace" and "salvation" are so much more than doctrines we discuss with the legalist! Now i am not attempting to condemn anyone for believing! I am saying there is much more to believe!
It could be said that all began in Grace and all will be gathered up in Grace. Consequently grace is as infinate as God's Love is unfathomable. I can concieve we will be ever learning God's grace with an ever renewing praise.

It could be said that all began in Grace and all will be gathered up in Grace. Consequently grace is as infinate as God's Love is unfathomable. I can concieve we will be ever learning God's grace with an ever renewing praise.
That sounds sweat to my ears! and warms my heart!:)

us pentacost types get all excited about right now! :toofunny ha ha! Glory!

Num 14:10

But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel.

If one desires to make most "christians" mad? Just try as Caleb to tell them of the Victory we have in Christ! They will pick up their stones of dead religion, and seek to destroy any who hope in Gods promises!:pray

Act 4:33

And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Act 14:3

Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

Many seem to have the doctrines of "grace" but are afraid to step into the "power" of "grace". I guess it is partly because of all the nonsense we have seen in the "church"? But to those who rest in the Promises of God, be sure that all of them are yours!:chin

2Co 1:20

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. :yes

Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The very basic purpose of the "Church" is in the first place to make the world know that Jesus is alive, not merely declaring doctrinal fact, but by living in the power of His Resurrection. The working Power of His Grace!

The purpose of the doctrines of "abounding Grace" and "So great a salvation" is not so we my legalize doing nothing! We are to take the Great Promises of God and wage spiritual war against the powers of satan.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

The great sin of the children of Israel in the wilderness, was they refused to fight the battle before them! Many had rather go in religious circles, or turn back to life in the flesh, than to move forward into the "promised land", where the battle awaits, and victory is assured for those who have "real Grace"

We can grow in grace. grace is the first fruits of love. We should increase in usefulness. We should grow in gentleness , in tenderness, and in the beauty of the Master.

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Isa 54:7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
Isa 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
Isa 54:9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
Isa 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

There is a place in the Lord, Where His grace and mercy are sure!:)
None can take us from the Fathers "hand" The "hand" is a picture of Gods Grace!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back