Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the first commandment?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Actually, you did.

Maybe you had something to actually offer on the subject?

Perhaps you don't understand the distinction. My post was directed at her comments, but my but my post was not for her. There are many others that read these comments, some members of the community, others guests who browse around. They can read and decide for themselves if God wanted us to diligently study the scriptures for the knowledge of evil so that one might learn all the aspects of Satan, or if we should be rather trying to learn of God's righteousness. The OP asked what is the first commandment? The first time the word commanded is recorded in the scripture is to not touch the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, some find it a fruit to be desired and a fruit to make on wise.

There is enough evil in the world. We've all been exposed to it. I don't need the scripture to teach me more of it. The wickedness of man is pretty self evident. But to learn how to forgive in the face of evil, that is the wisdom those who follow after Christ should seek after. The Pharisees were students of the scriptures too, how much praise did they receive from Jesus for all their knowledge?

Maybe you had something to actually offer on the subject?

Perhaps you don't understand the distinction. My post was directed at her comments, but my but my post was not for her. There are many others that read these comments, some members of the community, others guests who browse around. They can read and decide for themselves if God wanted us to diligently study the scriptures for the knowledge of evil so that one might learn all the aspects of Satan, or if we should be rather trying to learn of God's righteousness. The OP asked what is the first commandment? The first time the word commanded is recorded in the scripture is to not touch the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, some find it a fruit to be desired and a fruit to make on wise.

There is enough evil in the world. We've all been exposed to it. I don't need the scripture to teach me more of it. The wickedness of man is pretty self evident. But to learn how to forgive in the face of evil, that is the wisdom those who follow after Christ should seek after. The Pharisees were students of the scriptures too, how much praise did they receive from Jesus for all their knowledge?
Since this post has nothing to do with the OP subject I won't discuss it with you any further. When you have something to actually to offer on the subject, let us know. Bye.

Perhaps you don't understand the distinction. My post was directed at her comments, but my but my post was not for her. There are many others that read these comments, some members of the community, others guests who browse around.
And this is how one gets banned from a thread and if you continue to berate our members or staff you will be removed from this site.

Our focus should be on reconciliation and granting the other the benefit of the doubt.

Satan is the accuser and has no place on this site.

Back