Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what is the millenium how when where

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I've read many of your posts and believe you see the truth of the real gospel, which is disappearing from our culture.
Yes it most certainly is as the Gospel is now preached with a socially acceptable word of man that becomes a snare to all who follow what they say. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but to at least believe what God's word already says. Scripture plainly says that we are caught up in the clouds as we are given our new glorified bodies in order to meet Jesus in the air. Scripture also says 1000 years, but we have to also realize many of these visions of John are literal and also symbolic. The only reason I teach against a pretrib Rapture is that I was once caught up in all those teachings and movies, but it never seemed right to me so I started digging into the scriptures many give for a pretrib, but it's not in the Bible.

My love and passion for others is that I do not want them to end up taking the mark of the beast when they do not see Jesus coming back first before the seven trumpets of the worst tribulation that ever was or ever will be again. As far as the 1000 years being symbolic or literal we will all have been caught up to Christ and be with Him for all eternity.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I just read the entire chapter and these seem to be those who come out of the tribulation and will be saved. It does not mention that they are the Bride of Christ, only that they came through tribulation (to be saved). I also didn't see where it spoke of those in White are to be His Bride either.

The Bride of Christ as well as other believers will all be saved. But some are unblemished (the Bride) while others are humans are blemished so will have need for the fires of purification. Everyone will still have free will too during the Millenium. Some may fall away after Satan is loosed for a short season.
Have you ever truly studied Matthew 25:1-13 about the ten virgins as this is a parable about the coming of Christ as some were prepared to be caught up to Him on the last day when He returns, but those who were not prepared came saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh, vs. 11-13.

The Bride of Christ are all those from the time of Adam until the coming of the Lord on the last day that have been saved by God's grace through faith in Him and His Son Christ Jesus. I don't believe there are certain degrees, but all being one in the Spirit, one in the Lord. There are no second chances when Christ returns as the door of salvation will be closed forever.

The marriage supper of the Lamb (Jesus) is the consummation of the union between Christ and the Church being the body of Christ, Ephesians 5:27; Rev 19:1-14; Matthew 22:1-14; 25:1-13. The Bride and the Groom are united together and I could be wrong, but I would think the marriage supper of the Lamb comes after the consummation when we are in the New Jerusalem eating with our Groom (Jesus) at His banquet table prepared for us and not here on this present earth as Jesus said he would not eat or drink again until we are all together.

I never said one day, but that it is in God's timing, not ours as I see it being symbolic like all those other scriptures I gave about the number 1000. Not saying I am right or wrong, but just how I understand the scriptures. After Jesus returns on the last day we are caught up to meet Him in the air while He destroys the beast and the false prophet by the brightness of His coming casting them alive into the lake of fire and then the remnant that followed after the beast, which IMO are all the world leaders that followed after the beast, will be slain, Rev 19:11-21. Satan will be bound for a time, but I can not see Satan being bound for a literal 1000 years until the battle of Armageddon where he will finally be cast into the lake of fire forever.

What would we be doing here on earth for a literal 1000 years before Satan is loosed from his chains, as the New Jerusalem is not ushered down until this present heaven and earth will have passed away. Once Christ returns the door of Gid's salvation will be closed forever.

Because there will be mortals and immortal humans on earth then, and more babies being born with the adamic nature that need to be saved. And they will grow up and do what their heart tells them to do.

There will probably even be people who are indifferent to God? And Satan is loosed when it's almost over, and the people will make choices. Some good, some bad. It could very well be.

Have you ever truly studied Matthew 25:1-13 about the ten virgins as this is a parable about the coming of Christ as some were prepared to be caught up to Him on the last day when He returns, but those who were not prepared came saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh, vs. 11-13.

The Bride of Christ are all those from the time of Adam until the coming of the Lord on the last day that have been saved by God's grace through faith in Him and His Son Christ Jesus. I don't believe there are certain degrees, but all being one in the Spirit, one in the Lord. There are no second chances when Christ returns as the door of salvation will be closed forever.

I think that you're saying basically that there is no rapture.

Why were we given the doctrine of immenincey and told to be ready at any moment then, and don't be like the foolish virgins.

If the rapture don't happen until the 2nd coming then we can relax now because we know hw isnt coming yet. It's 1260 days after the anti-christ breaks the peace treaty...

And that, my Sister, is why I can't believe in a post trib rapture. He told us to be ready! He said to watch. I can't just disregard those words of the Lord.

It's two events.

How in the world can you call present day life on earth the Millenium?!

There is death and destruction all around us in the world.
This is obviously not at all like how scripture decribes the Millenium! Snakes are still venomous, the lion does not lie down with the lamb, peeple call 100 years old old.

Do I tear that whole section out of my Bible? When is the earth going to be as described in Isaiah? when will Israel hold the Borders described in scripture? Christ comes back to rule on the Throne of David? There will be peace for 1000 years? When did that happen? Carnivores will eat hay and not meat? Let's see you get in the lion cage, lol! The Millenium is not now. I heartily disagree with that. Israel has never fulfilled the scripture of inheriting the promise land!

Israel has a teeny slice of land over there. It's not all the way to the Euphrates river! This has to happen Brothers and Sisters. The meek have surely not inherited the earth yet, Lol!!

The thousand-year reign of Jesus, also known as the millennium or the millennial kingdom, is a period of time between the Tribulation and the destruction of the world when Jesus will reign over all the earth. The purpose of the thousand-year reign is to allow for the fulfillment of several promises God made with Israel, Jesus, the Gentiles, and creation.

Promises to Israel
Throughout Israel's history, God has made several unilateral (one-sided) promises, or covenants, promising to bless Israel in specific ways. Some of these covenants have yet to be fulfilled. The Palestinian Covenant (Genesis 15:18-20; Numbers 34:1-12) outlines the exact borders Israel is possess for eternity; the nation of Israel has yet to encompass these specific boundaries. The Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7) is the promise that God made to David that David's heir would sit on the throne of Israel forever. Jesus is that heir, but He has yet to take His physical, political birthright. The New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34) outlines the promise that Israel as a nation will return to God and worship their Messiah (Romans 9-11). These covenants will be fulfilled during the 1000-year reign.

Promises to Jesus
In Psalm 110, David records the promises that God ("The LORD") made to Jesus ("my Lord"). God invites Jesus to sit at His right hand until God makes Jesus' enemies a footstool. Jesus will rule over, judge, and shatter His enemies while His people worship Him freely. This combination of judging enemies and being worshiped by the faithful cannot happen simultaneously in the eternal heaven, because in heaven there will be no sin or rebellion to judge. Similarly, In Daniel 7:11-14, Jesus is given dominion over all the people, nations, and languages before His enemies are permanently destroyed.

Promises to the Gentiles
The promise in Daniel 7:11-14 refers to Gentiles, as well. It says that Jesus will be given dominion over all the nations. The whole world will know God (Isaiah 11:9). In addition to Jesus' rule over the Gentiles, His faithful followers will be given positions of authority (Luke 19:12-27; Revelation 5:10; 1 Corinthians 6:2).

Promises to Creation
Jesus' sovereignty will extend beyond human political systems and into all of creation. The curse will be lifted (Romans 8:18-23). Animals will live in peace again (Isaiah 11:6-9, 35:9, 65:25). Fields will be productive and freed from the curse of weeds (Isaiah 32:13-15). And the mortals who survived the Tribulation and populate the 1000-year reign will be freed from disease (Isaiah 33:24, 35:5-6, 61:1-2; Ezekiel 34:16).

In the midst of this paradise, there may be one more reason for Jesus' 1000-year reign. It may be the definitive proof that mankind cannot choose God, cannot choose good (Romans 3:11-12). Even though there is peace throughout the world, even though the worship of God is the norm for all nations, even though Jesus Himself will reign from Jerusalem, and even though Satan is bound and cannot influence people, there will still be those who do not choose Jesus as their Lord and Savior. For all those who wonder if Adam and Eve would have rebelled against God if the serpent hadn't tempted them, the end of the 1000-year reign tells the answer. Because when Satan is released in Revelation 20:7, the nations are completely open for his deception and willing to follow him into battle against Jesus one last time. And not just a few individuals—"number is like the sand of the sea" (vs. 8). The influence of Jesus over civilization and the removal of Satan are not enough to encourage people to follow God. Only the Holy Spirit dwelling in our hearts ensures we will choose good.

God made certain promises to Israel, Jesus, the Gentiles, and creation. 2 Peter 3:8-9 says, "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." The 1000-year reign offers the opportunity for God to fulfill His promises; the wait offers the opportunity for us to reach the world and teach others about Him.

I think that you're saying basically that there is no rapture.

Why were we given the doctrine of immenincey and told to be ready at any moment then, and don't be like the foolish virgins.

If the rapture don't happen until the 2nd coming then we can relax now because we know hw isnt coming yet. It's 1260 days after the anti-christ breaks the peace treaty...

And that, my Sister, is why I can't believe in a post trib rapture. He told us to be ready! He said to watch. I can't just disregard those words of the Lord.

It's two events.
We are told to be prepared at any moment as no one knows the day or the hour of Christ return and no one is promised their next breath. Scripture says we who have prepared to be His Bride for His second coming will be caught up to Him on the last day.

1Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

It doesn't sound like a quite secret Rapture of the Church like all those Left Behind books and movies portrays as scripture is clear when it says Christ only returns once. I use to believe in a pretrib, but it never set well in my spirit and could never find scripture to support it, but many scriptures that say we will go through the seven trumpets (not seven years) of God's great wrath, But His wrath will not fall on His own as He has a place prepared for us wherever we live as we seek shelter where God will supply our needs.

I don't know if it will be a literal 1000 years or that it is symbolic in its numbering, but do know it's all in God's timing and that we need to be prepared ahead of time as no one knows the day or the hour, but Jesus gave us signs to watch for as in Matthew 24:29-31.

Last edited:

The thousand-year reign of Jesus, also known as the millennium or the millennial kingdom, is a period of time between the Tribulation and the destruction of the world when Jesus will reign over all the earth. The purpose of the thousand-year reign is to allow for the fulfillment of several promises God made with Israel, Jesus, the Gentiles, and creation.

Promises to Israel
Throughout Israel's history, God has made several unilateral (one-sided) promises, or covenants, promising to bless Israel in specific ways. Some of these covenants have yet to be fulfilled. The Palestinian Covenant (Genesis 15:18-20; Numbers 34:1-12) outlines the exact borders Israel is possess for eternity; the nation of Israel has yet to encompass these specific boundaries. The Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7) is the promise that God made to David that David's heir would sit on the throne of Israel forever. Jesus is that heir, but He has yet to take His physical, political birthright. The New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34) outlines the promise that Israel as a nation will return to God and worship their Messiah (Romans 9-11). These covenants will be fulfilled during the 1000-year reign.

Promises to Jesus
In Psalm 110, David records the promises that God ("The LORD") made to Jesus ("my Lord"). God invites Jesus to sit at His right hand until God makes Jesus' enemies a footstool. Jesus will rule over, judge, and shatter His enemies while His people worship Him freely. This combination of judging enemies and being worshiped by the faithful cannot happen simultaneously in the eternal heaven, because in heaven there will be no sin or rebellion to judge. Similarly, In Daniel 7:11-14, Jesus is given dominion over all the people, nations, and languages before His enemies are permanently destroyed.

Promises to the Gentiles
The promise in Daniel 7:11-14 refers to Gentiles, as well. It says that Jesus will be given dominion over all the nations. The whole world will know God (Isaiah 11:9). In addition to Jesus' rule over the Gentiles, His faithful followers will be given positions of authority (Luke 19:12-27; Revelation 5:10; 1 Corinthians 6:2).

Promises to Creation
Jesus' sovereignty will extend beyond human political systems and into all of creation. The curse will be lifted (Romans 8:18-23). Animals will live in peace again (Isaiah 11:6-9, 35:9, 65:25). Fields will be productive and freed from the curse of weeds (Isaiah 32:13-15). And the mortals who survived the Tribulation and populate the 1000-year reign will be freed from disease (Isaiah 33:24, 35:5-6, 61:1-2; Ezekiel 34:16).

In the midst of this paradise, there may be one more reason for Jesus' 1000-year reign. It may be the definitive proof that mankind cannot choose God, cannot choose good (Romans 3:11-12). Even though there is peace throughout the world, even though the worship of God is the norm for all nations, even though Jesus Himself will reign from Jerusalem, and even though Satan is bound and cannot influence people, there will still be those who do not choose Jesus as their Lord and Savior. For all those who wonder if Adam and Eve would have rebelled against God if the serpent hadn't tempted them, the end of the 1000-year reign tells the answer. Because when Satan is released in Revelation 20:7, the nations are completely open for his deception and willing to follow him into battle against Jesus one last time. And not just a few individuals—"number is like the sand of the sea" (vs. 8). The influence of Jesus over civilization and the removal of Satan are not enough to encourage people to follow God. Only the Holy Spirit dwelling in our hearts ensures we will choose good.

God made certain promises to Israel, Jesus, the Gentiles, and creation. 2 Peter 3:8-9 says, "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." The 1000-year reign offers the opportunity for God to fulfill His promises; the wait offers the opportunity for us to reach the world and teach others about Him.

I agree with all of that, it's what I was saying, that the Millenium is real and it is for 1000 earth years.

So...When do you say the rapture is in all of this?
Or is there no rapture?
If you do not think that the Milleniium is a literal 1000 years, then why not? Because it is plainly written.

We are told to be prepared at any moment as no one knows the day or the hour of Christ return and no one is promised their next breath. Scripture says we who have prepared to be His Bride for His second coming will be caught up to Him on the last day.

Christs return, meaning when he sets foot on earth and puts the enemy down?

So do we get raptured and go up into the sky to meet Him and then come right back down again with Him to the Mt of Olives?

My Bible the way it lays down end time events...and then Jesus comes back, is a very time specific event where Jesus does not come until after the antichrist does certain things. You can almost set your watch by it. Certainly to the day but not the hour.

No man knows the day or hour of Christs return...To Get His Bride. If you would avail yourself to some study of ancient Hebrew Marriage customs then you would see that Jesus is following these customs. But you wouldn't watch the video. So, I dunno.

Yes it most certainly is as the Gospel is now preached with a socially acceptable word of man that becomes a snare to all who follow what they say. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but to at least believe what God's word already says. Scripture plainly says that we are caught up in the clouds as we are given our new glorified bodies in order to meet Jesus in the air. Scripture also says 1000 years, but we have to also realize many of these visions of John are literal and also symbolic. The only reason I teach against a pretrib Rapture is that I was once caught up in all those teachings and movies, but it never seemed right to me so I started digging into the scriptures many give for a pretrib, but it's not in the Bible.
It didn't seem right to me either. Scripture is clear about the saints facing the beast. Throughout time, Gods'people have faced one of the 7 heads of the beast and remained faithful,

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps 1pet.2:21
My love and passion for others is that I do not want them to end up taking the mark of the beast when they do not see Jesus coming back first before the seven trumpets of the worst tribulation that ever was or ever will be again. As far as the 1000 years being symbolic or literal we will all have been caught up to Christ and be with Him for all eternity.
Amen! Personally, I see the tribulation as "the greatest" because it was committed against Christ. To me, the "thousand years" spans all of history and is like a day when our Savior and his body reigned in love over the world.
2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
I think that's how it always happens. Antichrist persecuting our Lord and his people.
Please notice he's destroyed by the presence of our Lord, but Rev.19 says he's thrown into the lake of fire. These both agree with Jesus returning in fire. Believers having been transformed are safe in his presence,

He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Rev.2:11

I agree with all of that, it's what I was saying, that the Millenium is real and it is for 1000 earth years.

So...When do you say the rapture is in all of this?
Or is there no rapture?
If you do not think that the Milleniium is a literal 1000 years, then why not? Because it is plainly written.
Edward I don't have any more to give as I have answered these same questions you keep asking me over and over again. I think I was a little premature posting that article as parts I agree with and parts I don't, but found it an interesting read.

2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

It's only my opinion that the 1000 years are only symbolic as we have no other scriptures that I know of to cross reference other than 2Peter3:8 as it all being in God's timing that is different then ours. The important thing is to be be concerned about is to ready to be caught up to Him when Christ returns.

It didn't seem right to me either. Scripture is clear about the saints facing the beast. Throughout time, Gods'people have faced one of the 7 heads of the beast and remained faithful,

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps 1pet.2:21

Amen! Personally, I see the tribulation as "the greatest" because it was committed against Christ. To me, the "thousand years" spans all of history and is like a day when our Savior and his body reigned in love over the world.

I think that's how it always happens. Antichrist persecuting our Lord and his people.
Please notice he's destroyed by the presence of our Lord, but Rev.19 says he's thrown into the lake of fire. These both agree with Jesus returning in fire. Believers having been transformed are safe in his presence,

We do not enter the Millennial Kingdom here on earth in our natural bodies, but in new glorified bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54. When Christ returns in the air on the last day we are then caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord as He has made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth as we rule with Him over the nations as His enemies have become His footstool in the end of days, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Rev 5:10; Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 10:12, 13.

Matthew 24:29-31; Rev 19:11-21 Jesus descends down from heaven with His army of the host (angels) of heaven as while remaining in the air He sends His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather His own to Him. He will destroy the beast and false prophet casting them alive into the lake of fire, Rev 19:15, 16. The remnant in Rev 19:21 are the world leaders of every nation on the earth that have followed after the beast that rules their government. The remnant will be slain by the very words Jesus speaks of their damnation as the fowls will be filled with their flesh and at that time Satan will be chained and bound so he can not interfere with the ungodly people that are still alive on earth that become the footstool of Christ. Then the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ and He shall reign for ever and the saints will begin to rule over the nations here on earth, Rev 11:15; 5:10; 20:1-3; Matthew 5:5.

Rev 20:7-10 Those that have rejected Christ that still remain on earth after the beast, false prophet and all the ruling leaders from every nation that followed after the beast are destroyed are those who are the numbering as the sand of the sea. These are the enemy of God that Satan uses to battle against the saints during the battle of Armageddon that are camped upon the breadth of the earth after Satan is released for a season, Rev 20:7-10. The saints are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth. It's only the 144,000 generational Jews that believe in Christ that have returned to Jerusalem. After the 1000 years are fulfilled Satan is set loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations as he gathers the enemies of Christ to battle against the saints as the numbering of unbelievers is like the sand of the sea. As the enemy surrounds the camp of the saints God sends fire down from heaven and destroys the enemy and Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Zechariah 14; Luke 21:20-22 and Rev 16:16 mentions the battle of Armageddon when Christ and His army of angels return as Christ plants His feet on the mount of Olives for the final battle as Gog and Magog found in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is the battle of Rev 20:7-9.

(IMO 1000 years is a figurative number, not a literal number. It is figurative like the numbering in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.)

Edward I don't have any more to give as I have answered these same questions you keep asking me over and over again. I think I was a little premature posting that article as parts I agree with and parts I don't, but found it an interesting read.

2Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

It's only my opinion that the 1000 years are only symbolic as we have no other scriptures that I know of to cross reference other than 2Peter3:8 as it all being in God's timing that is different then ours. The important thing is to be be concerned about is to ready to be caught up to Him when Christ returns.

So the Millenium lasts for one day in Heaven, and 1000 years on earth. That's what that tells me.

If the Millenium is symbolic, then symbolic of what?

I always ask those who believe in a pretrib Rapture that why would there even be a need of the son of perdition and the mark of this beast if we are out of here before the sounding of the seven trumpets. Scripture clearly says that those who do not denounce Christ and bow down to the beast taking its mark will be beheaded dying a martyr's death. Acts 14:22; Rev 20:4. The son of perdition, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12, does not take his deceptive reign until the seventh trumpet sounds after God's wrath being poured out on the unrighteous.

Read my post #71

The Lord is going to be very busy that day, gathering His enemies and so forth. Are you suggesting that Jesus takes His Bride into battle?

One time He comes for His Bride.
A 2nd time He comes to fight.
I can not believe otherwise so I suppose we agree to disagree.

We do not enter the Millennial Kingdom here on earth in our natural bodies, but in new glorified bodies, 1 Corinthians 15:51-54.
I believe we enter Christs' "millennial " reign when we become born again. It makes no sense to say the last enemy destroyed is death, which occursat the resurrection, but then there are enemies after that. 1Cor.15 can't be interpreted correctly, unless we understand the context is the resurrection.
When Christ returns in the air on the last day we are then caught up to meet Him in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord as He has made us unto our God kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth as we rule with Him over the nations as His enemies have become His footstool in the end of days, John 5:28, 29; 6:40; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Rev 5:10; Psalms 110:1-4; Hebrews 10:12, 13.
Jn.5:28-29 describe the simultaneous judgment of all, both living and dead, both saved and unsaved.Corruption no linger exists after that.
Jn.6:40 says the resurrection occurs on the last day.
1Thes.4:16 says he descends and calls the dead to life again. Peter describes his descent in an all consuming raging fire and cautions ys to be ready for his appearing. Heb.10:12-13 says his enemies are made his footstool by his once for all sacrifice, Of course there are still enemies from the time of his sacrifice until the end. We were those enemies.
Matthew 24:29-31; Rev 19:11-21 Jesus descends down from heaven with His army of the host (angels) of heaven as while remaining in the air He sends His angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather His own to Him. He will destroy the beast and false prophet casting them alive into the lake of fire, Rev 19:15, 16. The remnant in Rev 19:21 are the world leaders of every nation on the earth that have followed after the beast that rules their government. The remnant will be slain by the very words Jesus speaks of their damnation as the fowls will be filled with their flesh and at that time Satan will be chained and bound so he can not interfere with the ungodly people that are still alive on earth that become the footstool of Christ. Then the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ and He shall reign for ever and the saints will begin to rule over the nations here on earth, Rev 11:15; 5:10; 20:1-3; Matthew 5:5.

Rev 20:7-10 Those that have rejected Christ that still remain on earth after the beast, false prophet and all the ruling leaders from every nation that followed after the beast are destroyed are those who are the numbering as the sand of the sea. These are the enemy of God that Satan uses to battle against the saints during the battle of Armageddon that are camped upon the breadth of the earth after Satan is released for a season, Rev 20:7-10. The saints are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth. It's only the 144,000 generational Jews that believe in Christ that have returned to Jerusalem. After the 1000 years are fulfilled Satan is set loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations as he gathers the enemies of Christ to battle against the saints as the numbering of unbelievers is like the sand of the sea. As the enemy surrounds the camp of the saints God sends fire down from heaven and destroys the enemy and Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Zechariah 14; Luke 21:20-22 and Rev 16:16 mentions the battle of Armageddon when Christ and His army of angels return as Christ plants His feet on the mount of Olives for the final battle as Gog and Magog found in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is the battle of Rev 20:7-9.

(IMO 1000 years is a figurative number, not a literal number. It is figurative like the numbering in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.)
I won't go through them all, but I think Rev.19 and 20 describe the same battle, one from and earthly perspective and the other heavenly.

I always ask those who believe in a pretrib Rapture that why would there even be a need of the son of perdition and the mark of this beast if we are out of here before the sounding of the seven trumpets. Scripture clearly says that those who do not denounce Christ and bow down to the beast taking its mark will be beheaded dying a martyr's death. Acts 14:22; Rev 20:4. The son of perdition, 2Thessalonians 2:1-12, does not take his deceptive reign until the seventh trumpet sounds after God's wrath being poured out on the unrighteous.
I think Gods' wrath is poured out to give sinners reason to repent.

The Lord is going to be very busy that day, gathering His enemies and so forth. Are you suggesting that Jesus takes His Bride into battle?

Why does scripture describe us now, in this life, as soldiers? Who are we going to war against? Why bother telling us that Jesus defeated all the power of the enemy by his resurrection, if he needs to defeat them 2000+ years later?
My opinion is, the battle is now. Things like satan surrounding the camp of the saints, is what he has always done.

Edward I have said all I can say on this. You have every right to believe how you want an I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens if we are still alive at His coming.

I believe we enter Christs' "millennial " reign when we become born again. It makes no sense to say the last enemy destroyed is death, which occursat the resurrection, but then there are enemies after that. 1Cor.15 can't be interpreted correctly, unless we understand the context is the resurrection.

Jn.5:28-29 describe the simultaneous judgment of all, both living and dead, both saved and unsaved.Corruption no linger exists after that.
Jn.6:40 says the resurrection occurs on the last day.
1Thes.4:16 says he descends and calls the dead to life again. Peter describes his descent in an all consuming raging fire and cautions ys to be ready for his appearing. Heb.10:12-13 says his enemies are made his footstool by his once for all sacrifice, Of course there are still enemies from the time of his sacrifice until the end. We were those enemies.

I won't go through them all, but I think Rev.19 and 20 describe the same battle, one from and earthly perspective and the other heavenly.
Revelation 20:1-8 is the only passage in the entire Bible that the premillennialists have as the basis for the 1000 year reign. Rev 20:4 doesn't speak about a 1000 year reign of Christ it says by the vision John received "and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." It's not Christ that reigns 1000 years, but those who were killed for God's sake that reign with Christ 1000 years as 1000 being a figurative number, not a literal number as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2 Peter 3:8.

Those who reign with Christ are those souls that had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus. In Revelations 6:9-11, are the souls of martyrs who had been slain for the word of God under an altar crying for vengeance. In Rev 20:4 the martyrs are on thrones. The difference between these scriptures is God's judgment has already come to those certain martyrs. The victory came in the spiritual realm of God, not the physical, and God assured their victory.

John was shown in a vision those souls that already had the victory over death as being in Christ. When we who are of Christ die before His return God has already passed judgement on us and we have the victory in Christ over that of the second death, 1 Corinthians 15:51-57. Those who are not of Christ will be judged and cast into the lake of fire. There is only one resurrection, but two judgements, John 5:28, 29. Those in Christ are raised first as those still alive at His coming will be gathered and caught up together to meet Christ in the air to be with Christ for eternity, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. The rest are then raised for their judgement as rejecting Christ and there forever have their place in the lake of fire. Rev 20:4 says nothing about Jesus coming to this earth and establishing a worldly kingdom at Jerusalem.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Notice as is in being figurative and not literal as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2Peter 3:8.

Back