Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What's the worst thing a husband can do?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Always? Sounds like utopia. Disagreements are normal. You need different perspectives. Mind you, my wife usually wins. She's got the commonsense gene. I'm more theoretical.😃
Never said we never argue, but in the end we do come to agreements.

Maybe I am not explaining myself very well as I do have a habit of doing that at times so let me start again. Anyone, including Satan can quote scripture, but it takes reading and studying the scriptures through that of the Holy Spirit teaching us in order to gain Spiritual knowledge as the carnal mind is an enemy of God and cannot perceive the things of the Spirit, Romans 8:5-10.

Real life my husband is to be the Spiritual head of our family like Christ is the Spiritual head of the church being the body of Christ. Scripture states in Ephesians 5:22-23 that wives are to submit to their husband as unto the Lord. This means the husband needs to be letting the Lord lead him in all Spiritual decisions as far as the Spiritual needs of his family, leading them to walk in obedience to the Lord and to that the wife needs to submit to.

In my case, and I am not saying this to puff myself up as being better than my husband because I'm not as we are of one Spirit, mind and body, but I do have more knowledge of the scriptures, which he will agree with. The reason why is because I study them as even though my husband is a Spiritually born again Christian indwelled with the Holy Spirit he is not much for studying as he is not a very good reader. When it comes to making any decision for the household (we have no children) we both have to agree as we discuss and pray for what is best for us. In some Spiritual matters I have to be the Spiritual head in knowing what God's direction is for our life. I don't lord it over his head as we both sit discuss and pray seeking what God wants for us before we make any decisions.
Sounds like you are the boss. 😃

Divorce is something I never want to experience. I never married. All sins are forgivable by repentance to God. If a husband commits adultery or uses drugs or alcoholism or verbal/physical abuse are grounds for divorce. Jesus wisdom, read Matthew 5:27. To 5:32. Theirs different levels of sins. Get away from Toxic People. And dont be par takers of their sins. Your spiritual growth is important. You dont want anyone to impede on it. Think it over.

The worst thing a husband can do is stop loving his wife. Everything depends on that! Everything!

1 Corinthians 13:4-5, "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable; it keeps no record of wrongs"

Those are the keys to a successful and happy marriage.

1. Have an affair
2. Refuse to share cooking and cleaning duties
3. Be unemployed
4. Be a verbal bully
5. Spend all their free time on their phone

None of the above. These are all symptoms of something else: Self, rather than God, in control. A husband daily under God's control does not have affairs, or laze about, or bully or become addicted to his cell-phone. Instead, he increasingly reflects the Person of Christ in his living, especially to his wife.

Obviously #1 is the worst. It effectively ends a marital relationship. But it doesn't have to if the man and wife want it to be healed and restored.

Back