Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When does a believer receive eternal life?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So, if I fall from the narrow path that leads to life and walk out of its gate forever and enter the wide gate which path leads to destruction I am still given eternal life because of Gods grace? That is what you are saying.

Romans 11:29
....for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

I'm saying the scripture says God knows his own. Those who come to Christ and are his sheep are in his covenant forever. Because they had not a thing to do with their salvation. Not from the beginning, nor unto the end of their living.
The scriptures in total inform of that.
The prodigal son proverb is a beautiful example of an actual son of God, being in their father's good graces. And then that son decides to leave the fold and follow the path into the world with all his inheritance going with him. The son revels in his freedom for awhile. He carouses, and he spends his inheritance so as to end up eating and sleeping with the swine.
In scripture of the old testament way, everything meant something more than what was merely written. Numbers had meaning, for instance. Notice? There are certain numbers that travel through the old testament and into the new? That is because it was a language tool all its own. Numbers.
And animals were also symbolic and delivered a teaching just by reference to their kind. In the case of the prodigal son,having squandered the inheritance given him by the father, the son fell into eating and sleeping with the unclean, the swine.
And yet, when the son realized he had fallen into that state he picked himself up, repented of that lifestyle, and made his way home to the father.
Did the father reject him? Did he say, well, you made your bed and your choice now go and live with it? No. The father wept at the sight of his returning son, opened his arms wide to the son who was clad in rags and stank of filth and held him tight to his bosom. And then the father called for a celebration, a great feast, so that everyone could see that his child had returned to the fold.
But, was it joy all around? No.The prodigals own brother was upset and disappointed that the father would receive his brother back among them in this way.

That is the answer to your question.

Those who are in Christ, as Jesus said, can never be plucked from his hand, taken from his hand. Because as the teachings relate, God called us to him. What do we recall Jesus , Emmanuel who was God with us, saying in John 6:44? No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus' sheep hear his voice. Those who fall away from the path of holiness will, like unto the prodigal, be welcomed home. Because Jesus died to deliver eternity, not temporary saving from our sins and condemnation.
Those who were never in Christ, even though they said they were, and God knows the truth of it, are not saved. Are not assured eternal salvation.
The scriptures speak of that as well.
I think the mistake that is made in undertaking debates of this nature is that from the start someone thinks the individual, the sinner, that one that is dead in their sin, living in the flesh, has something to do with being saved.
And as a related consequence, they think they have something to do with revoking that salvation they think they had something to do with achieving for themselves in the first place.

The Bible does not tell us that. The Bible tells us that God loved the world so much that he sent his only begotten son to the world. That whosoever believeth in Him, Jesus, who was God, will not perish under their sin but shall have eternal life.
Whosoever believeth. Those that come to believe are called by God to do so. Those who think they believe are not. We have not a thing to do with our own salvation. We are saved by God's grace through our faith. And our faith is our awareness of God.

How many are familiar with Romans 10:17? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
How many think if they just read the Bible they'll be saved? I've met Christians who say that of themselves. "Well, I've read the Bible so I know I'm saved because the Bible tells me so."

Everything in creation is connected to the source of all that exists in creation. All things are from God. God is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end. The darkness and the light. The evil and the good.

What if we read Romans 10 in light of the other scriptures that link to teaching of God and faith? Already posted in this thread so I'll connect them to make the point and without chapter reference.
In the beginning was The Word. And The Word was with God. And The Word was God. And The Word became flesh (called Emmanuel) and dwelt among us.
Now read Romans again in light of the teachings of God that precedeth it. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by The Word of God.

Those persons you spoke of? Those that fall from the path and then think to enter through the wide gate are not of God. That's why they fit through the wide gate. And those who are in Christ, the will and covenant of The Word, the Father, have an advocate in Christ Jesus when they stumble. Remember?
God foresaw the world unto its end. That's why The Word inspired the words that would be written down to comfort and guide us through any troubles, trials, travails. While being alive in The Word, brings us joy in the morning and all our living life.
What if the scripture below, "But whosoever keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected..." , is read to be understood as The Word. God, who is The Word. Whosoever keepeth God in him (or her) verily is the love of God (The Word) perfected.
Because in the beginning of the ministry after Jesus returned to the Father and his Apostles went about teaching the new covenant, there was no printed word of God's new covenant teaching. It was an oral teaching that spread among people.And the old testament that the early Jews knew spoke of the promise of Messiah. Not of the Messiah arrived and teaching the new covenant.

In the beginning was The Word. The Word of God never leaves nor forsakes those who know Him.
1 John 2 (KJV)

You're welcome. Hopefully a civil discussion and indeed debate can continue on this topic. If we're (me too) not listening and considering alternate views and justification thereof, we aren't learning.

http://www.calvarycch.org/beliefs.php
I've not witnessed incivility enter in thus far. I think that shows the people of Christ are more than happy to remain so. We're discussing Christ and God's love. Though accepting blatant intent to deceive is not encouraged, we can rebuke it and remain civil. The Bible does that for us already. We simply reiterate what God teaches. :)
Blessings all.

...but our salvation/eternal life is secure. John 10:28.
John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Salvation may be secure, but how much of the soul is saved depends on how much we follow Christ's (way, truth and life).

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved, even though only as one escaping through the flames.

The word Day is Judgement Day.

God Is Love
"God’s Love Is Sacrificial

Not only does God’s love motivate Him to give, but it motivates Him to give when it costs Him dearly. That too is different from our love. We hesitate to do anything for others that will cost us too much or inconvenience us too greatly. But God’s love cost Him the very best that He had—His only Son. That is the message of the greatest love text in the Bible: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16). God’s giving His Son involved more than merely allowing Him to leave Heaven’s glory and enter earth’s history. It meant allowing Him to die in our place and pay the awful debt of our sins. God proved His love conclusively and irrefutably by sending His Son to the cross as an atoning sacrifice for our sins (Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:9-10). That is sacrificial love.

It was no less of a sacrifice for God the Son than it was for God the Father. His willingness to offer Himself was the summit of sacrificial love. Paul called Him “the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me” (Galatians 2:20). When the same apostle outlined God’s principles for harmonious marital relationships, he said, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her” (Ephesians 5:25). Jesus Christ made the supreme sacrifice for us when He died in our place. He was falsely accused, beaten, spit on, crowned with thorns, nailed to a cross, and left to die the most excruciating death known to man. The infinite curse of sin’s penalty, the Father’s just punishment for the whole world’s guilt, was laid on Him as He hung on that cross. He possessed the power to walk away from it unscathed, yet He voluntarily stayed there and bore that suffering for us. There simply is no greater love (John 15:13)."

1 John 4:8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

No one is refuting the love of God nor the sacrifice of His only begotten Son, Jesus who paid the price for all our sin that we can reconcile ourselves back to God by His grace through faith. God loves all His creation and would that none should perish

The topic is when does one receive eternal life and as scripture says the moment we believe on the Son of God, but yet many of us have shown that one can lose eternal life the moment they no longer believe as many have because of certain false prophets, trials and tribulations they have faced and lost all hope and faith in Christ and have denounced the Holy Spirit.

God said he is longsuffering and not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God is allowing a sufficient amount of time for all to repent even through the time of His mighty wrath during the seven trumpets and seven vile judgements before the door of salvation is closed when Christ returns and Gods grace is cut off from man, 2 Peter Chapter three especially vs. 17.

No one is refuting the love of God nor the sacrifice of His only begotten Son, Jesus who paid the price for all our sin that we can reconcile ourselves back to God by His grace through faith. God loves all His creation and would that none should perish

The topic is when does one receive eternal life and as scripture says the moment we believe on the Son of God, but yet many of us have shown that one can lose eternal life the moment they no longer believe as many have because of certain false prophets, trials and tribulations they have faced and lost all hope and faith in Christ and have denounced the Holy Spirit.

God said he is longsuffering and not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. God is allowing a sufficient amount of time for all to repent even through the time of His mighty wrath during the seven trumpets and seven vile judgements before the door of salvation is closed when Christ returns and Gods grace is cut off from man, 2 Peter Chapter three especially vs. 17.
I've lived a long time and met a lot of different people and many who claim the name of Christ. Their reality is a reflection of what they believe they deserve.

By that quoted argument then it is being reiterated that 'many of us' have proven God's word contradicts itself.That's not true. Thinking people who are in Christ can lose their salvation is to claim God can remove his saving grace from them. Or that a person who is fully in God's grace would, will, or can, throw it back.
That's not in scripture. Because the saved Christian had not a thing to do with their own salvation in the first place. As scriptures relate. So they cannot overcome God's will with their own in the second place.
Nothing can separate a child of God from the Father’s love (Romans 8:38–39). Nothing can remove a Christian from God’s hand (John 10:28–29). God guarantees eternal life and maintains the salvation He has given us. The Good Shepherd searches for the lost sheep, and, “when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home” (Luke 15:5–6). The lamb is found, and the Shepherd gladly bears the burden; our Lord takes full responsibility for bringing the lost one safely home.

Jude 24–25 further emphasizes the goodness and faithfulness of our Savior: “To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”

A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).
Can a Christian lose salvation?

John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Salvation may be secure, but how much of the soul is saved depends on how much we follow Christ's (way, truth and life).

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved, even though only as one escaping through the flames.

The word Day is Judgement Day.
So you can have only a tiny piece of your soul saved if you follow Christ only a little bit? And all of your soul saved if you follow him all the way?

Amen! That is the subject and receiving Salvation is one Life Event that though I will be changed in Heaven, I pray my LORD never blocks that memory. Moments before I walked off that stage I knew I had been indwelt and needed to get out of there and that, as soon as possible, I needed to go to Church. When people tell me they don't recall, I pray for their salvation because you will never forget when God moves in. On that day, 1 Jan, 1990, the whole world became beautiful and even the tfrees and grass looked different.

Romans 11:29
....for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

I'm saying the scripture says God knows his own. Those who come to Christ and are his sheep are in his covenant forever. Because they had not a thing to do with their salvation. Not from the beginning, nor unto the end of their living.
The scriptures in total inform of that.
The prodigal son proverb is a beautiful example of an actual son of God, being in their father's good graces. And then that son decides to leave the fold and follow the path into the world with all his inheritance going with him. The son revels in his freedom for awhile. He carouses, and he spends his inheritance so as to end up eating and sleeping with the swine.
In scripture of the old testament way, everything meant something more than what was merely written. Numbers had meaning, for instance. Notice? There are certain numbers that travel through the old testament and into the new? That is because it was a language tool all its own. Numbers.
And animals were also symbolic and delivered a teaching just by reference to their kind. In the case of the prodigal son,having squandered the inheritance given him by the father, the son fell into eating and sleeping with the unclean, the swine.
And yet, when the son realized he had fallen into that state he picked himself up, repented of that lifestyle, and made his way home to the father.
Did the father reject him? Did he say, well, you made your bed and your choice now go and live with it? No. The father wept at the sight of his returning son, opened his arms wide to the son who was clad in rags and stank of filth and held him tight to his bosom. And then the father called for a celebration, a great feast, so that everyone could see that his child had returned to the fold.
But, was it joy all around? No.The prodigals own brother was upset and disappointed that the father would receive his brother back among them in this way.

That is the answer to your question.

Those who are in Christ, as Jesus said, can never be plucked from his hand, taken from his hand. Because as the teachings relate, God called us to him. What do we recall Jesus , Emmanuel who was God with us, saying in John 6:44? No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus' sheep hear his voice. Those who fall away from the path of holiness will, like unto the prodigal, be welcomed home. Because Jesus died to deliver eternity, not temporary saving from our sins and condemnation.
Those who were never in Christ, even though they said they were, and God knows the truth of it, are not saved. Are not assured eternal salvation.
The scriptures speak of that as well.
I think the mistake that is made in undertaking debates of this nature is that from the start someone thinks the individual, the sinner, that one that is dead in their sin, living in the flesh, has something to do with being saved.
And as a related consequence, they think they have something to do with revoking that salvation they think they had something to do with achieving for themselves in the first place.

The Bible does not tell us that. The Bible tells us that God loved the world so much that he sent his only begotten son to the world. That whosoever believeth in Him, Jesus, who was God, will not perish under their sin but shall have eternal life.
Whosoever believeth. Those that come to believe are called by God to do so. Those who think they believe are not. We have not a thing to do with our own salvation. We are saved by God's grace through our faith. And our faith is our awareness of God.

How many are familiar with Romans 10:17? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
How many think if they just read the Bible they'll be saved? I've met Christians who say that of themselves. "Well, I've read the Bible so I know I'm saved because the Bible tells me so."

Everything in creation is connected to the source of all that exists in creation. All things are from God. God is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end. The darkness and the light. The evil and the good.

What if we read Romans 10 in light of the other scriptures that link to teaching of God and faith? Already posted in this thread so I'll connect them to make the point and without chapter reference.
In the beginning was The Word. And The Word was with God. And The Word was God. And The Word became flesh (called Emmanuel) and dwelt among us.
Now read Romans again in light of the teachings of God that precedeth it. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by The Word of God.

Those persons you spoke of? Those that fall from the path and then think to enter through the wide gate are not of God. That's why they fit through the wide gate. And those who are in Christ, the will and covenant of The Word, the Father, have an advocate in Christ Jesus when they stumble. Remember?
God foresaw the world unto its end. That's why The Word inspired the words that would be written down to comfort and guide us through any troubles, trials, travails. While being alive in The Word, brings us joy in the morning and all our living life.
What if the scripture below, "But whosoever keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected..." , is read to be understood as The Word. God, who is The Word. Whosoever keepeth God in him (or her) verily is the love of God (The Word) perfected.
Because in the beginning of the ministry after Jesus returned to the Father and his Apostles went about teaching the new covenant, there was no printed word of God's new covenant teaching. It was an oral teaching that spread among people.And the old testament that the early Jews knew spoke of the promise of Messiah. Not of the Messiah arrived and teaching the new covenant.

In the beginning was The Word. The Word of God never leaves nor forsakes those who know Him.
1 John 2 (KJV)

I'm not talking about those who fall from grace and repent and turn back to God like the prodigal son or even the many times I walked away and returned, I am talking about those who once knew the love of God but have in turn denounce Christ and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that God said there is no forgiveness for that., Matthew 12:31,32; 2 Peter 3:17.

Amen! That is the subject and receiving Salvation is one Life Event that though I will be changed in Heaven, I pray my LORD never blocks that memory. Moments before I walked off that stage I knew I had been indwelt and needed to get out of there and that, as soon as possible, I needed to go to Church. When people tell me they don't recall, I pray for their salvation because you will never forget when God moves in. On that day, 1 Jan, 1990, the whole world became beautiful and even the tfrees and grass looked different.
:thumbsup I will never forget that day in July 1997 when Jesus became truly real in my life. It took me 25 years from 1972 to get to that point and time as so many times I ran from Gods grace, but grace always drew me back to Him.

I posted this:
"Answered in my previous post. But I'm happy to answer it again, as it needs to be repeated.

Eternal life is possessed WHEN one believes. John 3:15,16, 5:24, 6:47, 1 John 5:13"
No scripture here just your opinion.
It's really sad when a professing Christian believes that what Jesus and the apostle John said is "just opinion".

Here is who will receive or inherit eternal life, word for word.

eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
So then, this is another example of pitting Scripture against itself, since John 3:15,16, 5:24, 6:47 and 1 John 5:13 all say that one possesses eternal life by believing in Christ.

The verse quoted here but not cited refers to perfection for receiving eternal life. Those who "by patient continuance in doing good" don't need the blood of Jesus nor God's grace. They have earned eternal life.

The only problem is that there is "none good, no not one". Rom 3:10 - As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one;"
Or, Rom 3:23 - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

So there is no need to continue the fallacy that any human being receives eternal life per Rom 2:6-8.

We all must stand before Christ Jesus, on the Day of Judgement to be Judged according to our deeds.
Those who think they are judged "according to our deeds" for whether or not they will be saved have been totally deceived by the devil.

For believers, the Judgment Seat of Christ will determine eternal rewards, or not.
For unbelievers, theGreat White Throne Judgment will determine how "bearable" it will be for them "on that day", per the opinion of Jesus. ;)
Matt 10:15 - Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
Matt 11:22 - But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.
Matt 11:24 - But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you.”

28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice 29 and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. John 5:28-29
In that same chapter, Jesus taught that whoever believes possesses etenal life. Nothing about patient continuance in doing good.

But again, that was just His opinion.

I've lived a long time and met a lot of different people and many who claim the name of Christ. Their reality is a reflection of what they believe they deserve.

By that quoted argument then it is being reiterated that 'many of us' have proven God's word contradicts itself.That's not true. Thinking people who are in Christ can lose their salvation is to claim God can remove his saving grace from them. Or that a person who is fully in God's grace would, will, or can, throw it back.
That's not in scripture. Because the saved Christian had not a thing to do with their own salvation in the first place. As scriptures relate. So they cannot overcome God's will with their own in the second place.
Nothing can separate a child of God from the Father’s love (Romans 8:38–39). Nothing can remove a Christian from God’s hand (John 10:28–29). God guarantees eternal life and maintains the salvation He has given us. The Good Shepherd searches for the lost sheep, and, “when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home” (Luke 15:5–6). The lamb is found, and the Shepherd gladly bears the burden; our Lord takes full responsibility for bringing the lost one safely home.

Jude 24–25 further emphasizes the goodness and faithfulness of our Savior: “To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”

A Christian is a person who has fully trusted in Jesus Christ as the only Savior and therefore possesses the Holy Spirit (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8–9).
Can a Christian lose salvation?
It's sad when one chooses to post and only believe those scriptures that speak about eternal life, but ignore the full gospel scriptures that not only teach eternal life, but also teaches how one can lose their salvation and say those scriptures do not exist even though they are presented before them.

I posted this:
"Winter Tapioca said:
You're Debbie_55? from Grace Centered forums topic: Once saved always saved is wrong. I ask because that is where the post above is copied from and it was published 5 years ago.

Then how can what Jesus said in John 10:28 about recipients of eternal life be believed?

If OSAS is right, then what Jesus said is wrong. There is no middle ground here."
There is no way not to turn this into OSAS vs OSNAS debate.
Why not?

[/QUOTE]When we first accept Christ as our Lord and Savior through pure repentance we are only at that time delivered from our past sins as we begin our personal relationship with Jesus and true faith that is Christ will lead us into Gods righteousness as we have been Spiritually renewed, John 3:3-7, and sealed by the Holy Spirit.[/QUOTE]
If we are "only at that time (initial faith in Christ) delivered from our past sins", then please explain these verses:
Heb 7:27 - Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.
Heb 9:12 - He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.
Heb 9:26 - Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 9:28 - so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Heb 10:2 - so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Heb 10:10 - And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:12 - But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
Heb 10:14 - For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

All of these verses clearly indicate that Christ's one time sacrifice was for all sins, not just past tense sins.

The only thing that can separate us from the love of God is blasphemy against His Holy Spirit, Matthew 12:31, which means coming against God and anyone who is truly sealed by His Spirit will not want to come against Him, but draw even closer to Him.
Please study the text on blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It was specifically referring to Pharisees who SAW the miracles of Jesus and ascribed them to the devil.

Yes, I believe there is nothing that can separate us from the love of Christ just as Scripture says but I still have to ask, where in Scripture does it say that the love of Jesus Christ is synonymous with eternal salvation? As I've already posted, God loves all. In fact, He does so much that while we were still sinners, He died for us. We also know that not all will enter into heaven for He said, “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matthew 7:13-14 NKJV
Note the parts I emphasized.
I believe chessman proved that the "us" and "we" in Rom 8 specifically refers to believers. There is no reason to look for some specific verse in Scripture about the "love of Jesus" being synonymous with eternal salvation.

btw, the very phrase "eternal salvation" has meaning. It means salvation is eternal. So, when one is saved, they are eternally saved.

Not probationally saved, which is the Arminian view.

If someone can provide any verse that teaches that our salvation is probationary, please share.

But as it is, Jesus' promise in John 10:28 is clear enough: those He gives eternal life shall never perish.

He could not have made that statement IF salvation was probationary.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back