Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When you pour soda in a glass & it goes flat

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it." There are generations who learned from history and still voices out there warning of its repetition. There are some who see it and the brave man or woman stands when others throw up their hands and give up. (For the Dispensationalists, it means doing nothing and waiting for Jesus to come.)
Do you think we really learn from history?
It seems to keep repeating itself.
I don't believe in doing nothing....
but I also see that river coming down and nothing is stopping it.
Small, personal action is pretty insignificant unless a person is someone that could really change history.
Not too many of those around.

Being taken care of is an appealing proposition.
We've either lived through a lot of what formed the older generations or knew persons that did.

This is all gone Dorothy. It has to be a accepted.
The second WW was almost 100 years ago. Think of it. The younger generations don't know about communism and totalitarianism. They don't even read books about it anymore.

It's a brave new world.
History can be as I do it and I'm not even trained ,made interesting and taught.

I had persons love my presentation on the post offices in Vero.i used photos of a home that everyone passed and I heard from two members who lived in it and never knew it's story.

I didn't as I choose not to going into the 1940s save the post office change .

I had a retired history teacher say you make history alive .all we teach is facts not faces ,homes and so forth .

No one goes into the local stories of Vero during WW2 and who served here and died or lived here because they were trained here .

We even have a veteran who is well known and has talked about it.wally skiscm .

Do you think we really learn from history?
Yes, sometimes. There are examples, but I do admit if it isn’t taught to subsequent generations, history can be repeated.
It seems to keep repeating itself.
I don't believe in doing nothing....
but I also see that river coming down and nothing is stopping it.
Small, personal action is pretty insignificant unless a person is someone that could really change history.
There are examples in history of one man saving a nation from going down a path another did. The Brits, for example, established a parliamentary government and restricted the power of the monarchy without the violence the Russians and French experienced. One man in England fought against slavery. It ended without a civil war. There are many examples. One courageous man can make a difference at times.
Not too many of those around.
I agree. Most care only about themselves.

I really liked that one.
I have built several volcanos in my living room because of that movie.
Devils mountain .my brother went to house where the boy was abducted in that movie .it's in Alabama.

The mountain influenced this boy to learn about the Ozarks and the north and south Dakota .

You may be old enough to remember "Hang on Sloopy " and Beatle mania :boing

Saw it heard it in Dolby Surround Sound , I am so cool .
Hey. Hey.
I saw Star Wars in a great movie theater in Manhattan.
The Ziegeld.
I'm soooooo cool !

Wonder if it's still there.

What to your mind is real sci fi?
Let's see...
Ray Bradbury
Orson Wells
Aldous Huxley
George Orwell
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The 13th Floor
Brazil
Blade Runner
Hunger Games
Lucy

I think you get the idea.
Not just an action movie with aliens in it.
It has to have a theme and a moral.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back