Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When you pour soda in a glass & it goes flat

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Bet you aced it!
Just about everyone in my class was faster than me at understanding new concepts and I would always be among the last to finish a test. They would only require one explanation or demonstration from the teacher, whereas I would require two or three to understand it. That learning disability at play.

Jurassic Park. I love dinosaurs.

If any of you are interested in WW2 films, I highly recommended Downfall. It's a German film that has English subtitles.

I watched Saving Private Ryan in history class. The beach stuck with me for years
They let you watch that in history class?

Right.
It was too realistic.
It's the effect Spielberg wanted...
but not the effect I wanted.
:crying
It was so realistic that a WW2 veteran who went to the theater to see the film had to leave. He was having flashbacks.

Fury is another great WW2 film about a US tank crew. It is the only period film that uses a real German Tiger tank. The one you see in Saving Private Ryan is actually a Russian T-34 dressed up like a Tiger.

We Were Soldiers is the best Vietnam film I've ever seen. Did you know that film got criticised for being too accurate? Film critics said it portrayed the US soldiers in a corny way. They claimed that the dying soldiers who's last words were "Tell my wife I love her" was corny. But that's actually what those men said in real life. In real life and death situations, you don't spit out one liners or say something ironic.

They let you watch that in history class?

It was so realistic that a WW2 veteran who went to the theater to see the film had to leave. He was having flashbacks.

Fury is another great WW2 film about a US tank crew. It is the only period film that uses a real German Tiger tank. The one you see in Saving Private Ryan is actually a Russian T-34 dressed up like a Tiger.

We Were Soldiers is the best Vietnam film I've ever seen. Did you know that film got criticised for being too accurate? Film critics said it portrayed the US soldiers in a corny way. They claimed that the dying soldiers who's last words were "Tell my wife I love her" was corny. But that's actually what those men said in real life. In real life and death situations, you don't spit out one liners or say something ironic.
I attempted to watch We Were Soldiers but I didn't make it. Don't watch those films anymore.

A dying person thinks of what he's leaving that he loves the most. Or of who might miss him the most that he's leaving.

Tell my wife I love her...
Covers both.

Those words, and similar, were repeated many times on 9/11.

Film critics are corny.

I attempted to watch We Were Soldiers but I didn't make it. Don't watch those films anymore.

A dying person thinks of what he's leaving that he loves the most. Or of who might miss him the most that he's leaving.

Tell my wife I love her...
Covers both.

Those words, and similar, were repeated many times on 9/11.

Film critics are corny.
I don't either . A few years back I was reading quit a few W.E.B. Griffin military novels and after I dreamed of fighting in the jungles all night that was all for me . I did learn some things from the novels but maybe that is knowledge God decided I don't need .

Well , my gray cells were still churning and I thought of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" about 30 minutes after I signed off last night .
I get dreams of routes , historical places I photo. Or mixtures .the flooded railroads of my county which never existed .lol.

It head north towards say palm bay and south to fort Pierce.south from young park was interesting .it can involve the power plant ,grave yard and ghost town ,north had a similar one .at times the ones about 95 and rt 60 west going north and winding up on Illinois

No trains in that
The last one on trains I had ,had me helping to save a bunch of Spanish revivals and also towns after some near extinction .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back