Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
Mar 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
Mar 1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Nowhere in these scriptures does it say anything about Jesus being our example as He has no sin. His baptism was was to show His humanity to man and to fulfill all righteousness before His ministry here on earth began. Unlike us He had no need to be baptized for the remission of sin as He had no sin. None of us by being dunked in dirty river water can fulfill any righteousness as we are made righteous by that of God alone.
for_his_glory, Do you believe that we must do everything that Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ speaks and does?

Scripture was not needed for your own personal answer of what I asked you. No need to go deeper as you can not even answer our simple questions we ask you. You only answer by cherry picking verses thinking they say what you say, but when one reads the full context it will always reveal a false doctrine taught by others.

Scripture is required and, again, we have no personal responses.

Are you speaking for every member on these forums? It could be that other members want to get deeper into Christology. We shall see.

Let me ask you this, as you said you have not been baptized in the Jordon river so you are not saved. If you were to die today does that mean you will be cast into the lake of fire in God's end of days judgement?

What Scripture are you referring to when you talk about lake of fire? We don't discuss the Faith without Scriptural references. If you have not already noticed, we are Scripture based.

Thank you for your straight forward answers. I want to note that the only time I see any where in the Word that we are to make a pilgrimage to Israel is in Zechariah when the Messiah returns in the future for the yearly Feast of Tabernacles.

Zechariah 14:16 King James Version

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Feast of Tabernacles = Feast of Booths = Feast of Ingathering

Are you saying that when the Messiah/Christ returns in the future we will be required to do this Levitical Feast?

If you can't or don't attempt to answer the questions, your charge of fault has no basis.

Quantrill

James 1:22-24 King James Version

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

True Disciples measure themselves against Elohim's/God's Standard. An honest appraisal makes for a True Disciple.

for_his_glory, Do you believe that we must do everything that Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ speaks and does?
Yes I do, but where is it written that Jesus said we have to be baptized in the Jordon River in order to be saved.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Why do you refute these scriptures trying to teach a different gospel and use scriptures that have nothing to do with what you are saying. I don't know who teaches you these heresies, but you really need to seek God's Holy Spirit that teaches all truths.

Are you speaking for every member on these forums? It could be that other members want to get deeper into Christology. We shall see.
Do you not have a personal relationship with Christ apart from your group you are involved in?

I have no problem going deeper into the word of God as I do this everyday in my studying scripture, but what you present is another gospel and doctrines of lies only come by those who have no Spiritual understanding and allow man to teach them apart from the Holy Spirit.

What Scripture are you referring to when you talk about lake of fire? We don't discuss the Faith without Scriptural references. If you have not already noticed, we are Scripture based.
I would only assume that every true Christian has heard about the lake of fire, but here are a few scriptures for you to read. Matthew 13:47-50; 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15.

You claim whoever the "we" are like you are some special group are scripture based, but yet you show no scripture that supports what you say and only skirt around our questions to you without answering them.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

True Disciples measure themselves against Elohim's/God's Standard. An honest appraisal makes for a True Disciple.
Can you tell us what God's standards are in being a true disciple?

Zechariah 14:16 King James Version

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Feast of Tabernacles = Feast of Booths = Feast of Ingathering

Are you saying that when the Messiah/Christ returns in the future we will be required to do this Levitical Feast?
Yes

Colossians 2:14, NIV: "having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross."

Colossians 2:16, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days". . . [the seven yearly sabbaths]

Colossians 2:14, NIV: "having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross."

Colossians 2:16, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days". . . [the seven yearly sabbaths]
In Zech. it's not man who will judge those who don't show up, but Christ Himself.

I agree, the enemy has. But, what are those false claims? What is the fake gospel? What is the true gospel?

Quantrill

Elihoenai The post above was my post #(111). You haven't yet even attempted to answer these questions.

Your most recent post above to me does not attempt to answer the questions. Thus as I said, your crying about a 'fault' has no basis.

What are the false claims? What is the fake gospel? What is the true gospel?

Quantrill

Yes I do, but where is it written that Jesus said we have to be baptized in the Jordon River in order to be saved.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Why do you refute these scriptures trying to teach a different gospel and use scriptures that have nothing to do with what you are saying. I don't know who teaches you these heresies, but you really need to seek God's Holy Spirit that teaches all truths.
for_his_glory, Given that you have stated that you must do everything that Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ speaks and does, you must Baptise in River Jordan. Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ did Baptise in River Jordan.

Do you not have a personal relationship with Christ apart from your group you are involved in?

2 Peter 1:20 King James Version

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

I mean that we have no private interpretation of Scripture. We speak of the same teachings as Yeshua/Jesus, Lawgivers, Prophets, Disciples and Apostles.

I have no problem going deeper into the word of God as I do this everyday in my studying scripture, but what you present is another gospel and doctrines of lies only come by those who have no Spiritual understanding and allow man to teach them apart from the Holy Spirit.
Apparently, that's what you see. What you see is not necessarily the truth.

Back