Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A miracle is the suspension of the laws of nature.

Attributing something that ordinarily occurs and acts in accordance with the laws of nature, such as reproduction, breathing or other bodily functions to a miracle is erroneous.

Is there moderation on these forums? How does "Where are all the miracles?" result in posts about RCC and Divorce and "the one true church"? Not that those aren't all very interesting topics of discussion... :biggrin

[ACMP=announcement]
This thread has been cleaned up and some parts moved to a new thread:

No problem, carry on! :)

[/ACMP]

I think this was a miracle.

I had a friend that was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor the size of a baseball. When it was discovered he was told he had 2-4 weeks to live. Myself and about 10 other friends and neighbors gathered around him, laid hands on him, and prayed for healing for him. Not too long afterwards he felt a divine proclamation that he was going to live because he had more to do. From that day on, he used his cancer as a stepping off point to proclaim the Good News even more fervently than he did before. As time went on, his tumor began to mysteriously disintegrate, to the wonder and surprise of his doctors, and he was able to spend another 12 years with us here on earth before a second tumor developed and eventually took his life.

There is power in prayer. Of that I have no doubt.

Sometimes we can think that God has not heard our prayer, some may think He does not care, which of course is entirely untrue.
Thrte are times we have to be patient, wait and keep on praying. God knows the best time to answer our prayers in the way He knows is best for us. Having to wait does not mean we will not get that miracle.

Sometimes we can think that God has not heard our prayer, some may think He does not care, which of course is entirely untrue.
Thrte are times we have to be patient, wait and keep on praying. God knows the best time to answer our prayers in the way He knows is best for us. Having to wait does not mean we will not get that miracle.
We are also instructed to be persistent. See Luke 18:1-8.

I think this was a miracle.

I had a friend that was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor the size of a baseball. When it was discovered he was told he had 2-4 weeks to live. Myself and about 10 other friends and neighbors gathered around him, laid hands on him, and prayed for healing for him. Not too long afterwards he felt a divine proclamation that he was going to live because he had more to do. From that day on, he used his cancer as a stepping off point to proclaim the Good News even more fervently than he did before. As time went on, his tumor began to mysteriously disintegrate, to the wonder and surprise of his doctors, and he was able to spend another 12 years with us here on earth before a second tumor developed and eventually took his life.

There is power in prayer. Of that I have no doubt.
Definitely a miracle!
I've seen a few and I know people who have seen like a LOT. I prayed for someone on crutches in a shopping Mall and she walked away with her mom carrying the crutches :biggrin
I've seen three or four legs grow a couple of inches (it happened A LOT over about a 5 day period at a Power and Love conference - I can't remember how many I witnessed personally). I watched about 80 people get their hearing back simultaneously across a huge meeting at that same conference.
When about 8000 people networked across 2 continents prayed for a week, my ex-husband was healed of bone cancer, unfortunately, like the Israelites who did not acknowledge the miraculous in their lives, he is still wandering in the wilderness despite this :sad
I know of creative miracles where actual body parts grew (I was not there but I have met the people whose ministry this happened under).
Most significantly though, I am a spiritual coach which essentially means I help very broken Believers through a process of freedom and healing and then push them out into a life of abundance and purpose and powerful ministry on the other end... as a result, you can imagine I see little miracles in the area of emotional and psychological healing EVERY week... I've seen so many lives transformed... for me miracles are an undeniable part of everyday life :)

To the OP let me just say that im sure that many here have seen miracles.

Let me tell you about Mae Stafford, an old woman, who was bedridden for a long time, alone, slowly dying in a "care center for the elderly".
She had something like muscular dystrophy. Some sort of muscle atrophy blood disease.
They took her in a wheelchair, with her basically crumpled in it, wrapped in a blanket, to a healing service in Cleveland TN.
She could not even sit up straight in the old wheelchair.
They had carried her to the wheelchair from the bed.
The rolled her up on the stage, and they prayed the prayer of faith, anointing her with oil and she came out of the wheelchair, floating. Then her legs became stronger, and she stood, and then she ran. A few thousand saw Mae Stafford healed, instantly.
After this, she became a minister and traveled all over the world talking about her Lord who healed her, till she passed away old old old and bound for heaven.

My best friend, traveled with her and told me that Mae prayed for a person with no eyes in a meeting, and God gave this person a creative miracle. 2 new eyes, and they watched them appear.
God is good all the time, reader.

I myself have seen other miracles, in the daytime, with my eyes wide open.
For example, i was healed of a serious health issue, in 2005, while standing in my bedroom, in the daytime, watching someone put in a ceiling fan. I felt something leave my body. It just left after 7 yrs. I felt it go. I was not praying and God healed me. At that time i could barely stand up. I was falling down in public. I was taking cancer meds and powerful steroids to try to stay alive for 7 years.

What will i do tomorrow? I'll go to the gym again, and pump iron. a 60lb barbell and 60lb dumbbells among other things. I work out 4 times a week for years now , 3 hrs per session, including 75 mins in the gym, 40 mins of yoga and light weights, then 20 flights of stairs come rain or shine, winter or summer..... and then 10 mins of extreme aerobics carrying 2 -20 lb dumbbells.

Sometimes i sleep 5 hrs a night, but not that much.
In 2005, i could not lift 15 lbs. I could barely raise my arms and get a cup out of the cabinet. Trying to dry myself off after a shower was almost impossible for years and years.
I broke my neck falling down. I broke ribs falling down because of this "infirmity".
My life was doctors, bloodwork, needles, cancer drugs, giving myself shots, and watching myself die., and i was born again, reader.
Today im full of life. Im 60 yrs old. Do i sound like it? Can you feel my energy? Does my mind sound SHARP?
Few can keep up with me who are half my age, and people my age dont stand a chance.

Ive shared the gospel in Taiwan, Russia, France, Belize, Mexico, and on forums like this one.
Ive prayed for the sick in the middle east and ive had my Christian songs recorded in Spanish.
I dont have much to offer God, but God gets all i have to offer.
Do God have all of you yet?
You have gifts, you have talents, .......Did you give it all to Him yet? Then, isn't it time? Isn't He worth it?
I promise you that if you will give Him all you have, He will make all you have grow and become beautiful by His Grace.
I can promise you that God is good all the time, and its His own will to answer your prayers, because i know what He has done for me because of what Christ has accomplished for us all.

Believers worry about...>"i wonder if God heard my prayer"... and Saint... How can He not when He knows your thoughts and lives in you.......?
God is good all the time, Saint.
God heard your next prayer before you prayed it, and He does not need you to keep asking Him again and again.
He only needs you to BELIEVE HE WILL.
Give your need to God, and step away, and leave it,..... believing, expecting,... and stay in that mind.
See, when you keep asking, its because you have not yet believed.
Believing is to have expectation that God will do it.
I believed for my healing for 7 yrs and i have things im believing for now, for quite a while.
Live there in your faith, no matter what.
Have that Trust in God, all the time.
Jesus said......."Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me".

Also.....I have not read all 14 pages of this Thread, so, i'll post down below what might be previously posted.
If someone else has already, then praise God, and thank you Jesus.

1.) Every day, thousands of people find Christ by faith and are eternally snatched from the jaws of waiting Hell.
That's a lot of miracles, each day.

2.) That God can change us in an instant from "ungodly" to "Made righteous".... is an amazing miracle, and it happens multiplied thousands of times every day.

3.) HOPE is a miracle, as this is something that only God provides, as without God, there is no hope.
Where is Hope found and sustained? Its found in the goodness of God.

Last edited:
When you don't need God, who needs miracles?

Miracles are alive and well today but not in western civilisation. We have a modern medical system that obviates the need for God. When you don't have that in places like Africa, miracles are a dime a dozen. It is God or nothing.

To the OP let me just say that im sure that many here have seen miracles.

Let me tell you about Mae Stafford, an old woman, who was bedridden for a long time, alone, slowly dying in a "care center for the elderly".
She had something like muscular dystrophy. Some sort of muscle atrophy blood disease.
They took her in a wheelchair, with her basically crumpled in it, wrapped in a blanket, to a healing service in Cleveland TN.
She could not even sit up straight in the old wheelchair.
They had carried her to the wheelchair from the bed.
The rolled her up on the stage, and they prayed the prayer of faith, anointing her with oil and she came out of the wheelchair, floating. Then her legs became stronger, and she stood, and then she ran. A few thousand saw Mae Stafford healed, instantly.
After this, she became a minister and traveled all over the world talking about her Lord who healed her, till she passed away old old old and bound for heaven.

My best friend, traveled with her and told me that Mae prayed for a person with no eyes in a meeting, and God gave this person a creative miracle. 2 new eyes, and they watched them appear.
God is good all the time, reader.

I myself have seen other miracles, in the daytime, with my eyes wide open.
For example, i was healed of a serious health issue, in 2005, while standing in my bedroom, in the daytime, watching someone put in a ceiling fan. I felt something leave my body. It just left after 7 yrs. I felt it go. I was not praying and God healed me. At that time i could barely stand up. I was falling down in public. I was taking cancer meds and powerful steroids to try to stay alive for 7 years.

What will i do tomorrow? I'll go to the gym again, and pump iron. a 60lb barbell and 60lb dumbbells among other things. I work out 4 times a week for years now , 3 hrs per session, including 75 mins in the gym, 40 mins of yoga and light weights, then 20 flights of stairs come rain or shine, winter or summer..... and then 10 mins of extreme aerobics carrying 2 -20 lb dumbbells.

Sometimes i sleep 5 hrs a night, but not that much.
In 2005, i could not lift 15 lbs. I could barely raise my arms and get a cup out of the cabinet. Trying to dry myself off after a shower was almost impossible for years and years.
I broke my neck falling down. I broke ribs falling down because of this "infirmity".
My life was doctors, bloodwork, needles, cancer drugs, giving myself shots, and watching myself die., and i was born again, reader.
Today im full of life. Im 60 yrs old. Do i sound like it? Can you feel my energy? Does my mind sound SHARP?
Few can keep up with me who are half my age, and people my age dont stand a chance.

Ive shared the gospel in Taiwan, Russia, France, Belize, Mexico, and on forums like this one.
Ive prayed for the sick in the middle east and ive had my Christian songs recorded in Spanish.
I dont have much to offer God, but God gets all i have to offer.
Do God have all of you yet?
You have gifts, you have talents, .......Did you give it all to Him yet? Then, isn't it time? Isn't He worth it?
I promise you that if you will give Him all you have, He will make all you have grow and become beautiful by His Grace.
I can promise you that God is good all the time, and its His own will to answer your prayers, because i know what He has done for me because of what Christ has accomplished for us all.

Believers worry about...>"i wonder if God heard my prayer"... and Saint... How can He not when He knows your thoughts and lives in you.......?
God is good all the time, Saint.
God heard your next prayer before you prayed it, and He does not need you to keep asking Him again and again.
He only needs you to BELIEVE HE WILL.
Give your need to God, and step away, and leave it,..... believing, expecting,... and stay in that mind.
See, when you keep asking, its because you have not yet believed.
Believing is to have expectation that God will do it.
I believed for my healing for 7 yrs and i have things im believing for now, for quite a while.
Live there in your faith, no matter what.
Have that Trust in God, all the time.
Jesus said......."Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me".

Also.....I have not read all 14 pages of this Thread, so, i'll post down below what might be previously posted.
If someone else has already, then praise God, and thank you Jesus.

1.) Every day, thousands of people find Christ by faith and are eternally snatched from the jaws of waiting Hell.
That's a lot of miracles, each day.

2.) That God can change us in an instant from "ungodly" to "Made righteous".... is an amazing miracle, and it happens multiplied thousands of times every day.

3.) HOPE is a miracle, as this is something that only God provides, as without God, there is no hope.
Where is Hope found and sustained? Its found in the goodness of God.
In case you did not know Yoga has satanic origins.

I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying that something that has its origins in Satan is OK if we change its name?
How can exercise be devilish?
It is the surrounding "spiritual" facets that Christians should avoid.
GOYA, on the other hand, is now a Christian concept, hijacked from the devilish; just like the rainbow's significance has been stolen from God.

How can exercise be devilish?
It is the surrounding "spiritual" facets that Christians should avoid.
GOYA, on the other hand, is now a Christian concept, hijacked from the devilish; just like the rainbow's significance has been stolen from God.
I said that yoga has its roots in Satanism. That is why the New Age movement has adopted it and promoted it.

Yoga (/ˈjoʊɡə/;[1] Sanskrit: योग; IAST: yoga, About this soundpronunciation), Sanskrit for "yoking" or "union", is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines that originated in ancient India, aimed at controlling ('yoking') and stilling the mind. Yoga is one of the six orthodox philosophical schools of Hinduism.[2][3] There are a broad variety of yoga schools, practices, and goals[4] in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism,[5][6][7] and traditional forms and modern methods of yoga are practiced worldwide.[8]

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers

I said that yoga has its roots in Satanism. That is why the New Age movement has adopted it and promoted it.

Yoga (/ˈjoʊɡə/;[1] Sanskrit: योग; IAST: yoga, About this soundpronunciation), Sanskrit for "yoking" or "union", is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines that originated in ancient India, aimed at controlling ('yoking') and stilling the mind. Yoga is one of the six orthodox philosophical schools of Hinduism.[2][3] There are a broad variety of yoga schools, practices, and goals[4] in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism,[5][6][7] and traditional forms and modern methods of yoga are practiced worldwide.[8]

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers
Good thing GOYA is of God.
It has its roots in Christ.

In case you did not know Yoga has satanic origins.
Not only is this not true, it has zero to do with the OP. From the web: yoga originated as a form of Hindu worship, not satanic worship. Yoga today is often just an “ancient system of postures and breathing” that’s “largely void of religious overtones.”

Yoga has you to empty your mind and meditate :eek , as a Christian don't do that !

IMO :twocentsI would think it best just to avoid yoga altogether and find a different exercise routine , pilates is one .
Here is more info .

https://praisemoves.com/about-us/why-a-christian-alternative-to-yoga/
Have you ever done yoga? Yes, one is supposed to shut off one's "monkey mind" -- the continuing chatter -- and be still, just as God commanded, "He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

I have done yoga in the past and found no conflict between it and my Christian faith.

Back