Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Not only is this not true, it has zero to do with the OP. From the web: yoga originated as a form of Hindu worship, not satanic worship. Yoga today is often just an “ancient system of postures and breathing” that’s “largely void of religious overtones.”
You don't think "Hindu" is devilish?
I do.

I do.
Okay. How about explaining why...

And not to get too far off track... The topic is yoga, not the Hindu religion. There is a vast difference.

What is it about... Yoga today is often just an “ancient system of postures and breathing” that’s “largely void of religious overtones.” That was in my earlier post.

BTW, have you ever done yoga?

And not to get too far off track... The topic is yoga, not the Hindu religion. There is a vast difference.

What is it about... Yoga today is often just an “ancient system of postures and breathing” that’s “largely void of religious overtones.” That was in my earlier post.

So is Thai Chi but I think it has spirituality at it's core, I'm not sure. Prolly the wrong god if it does.

And that is the #1 Commandment, thou shalt have no other gods before Me. So that would be why.

I do.

You don't think "yoga" is devilish?

I don't know, but I've heard both sides where one side says yoga is demonic at it's core and others say it's just a way to work out.

I'm not interested in either one so don't really know beyond that. but since it could have the appearance of evil with it, I'll pass. Just in case, lol.

Any religion besides Christianity worships false gods.
Idolatry is devilish.
Nothing, except the exhibitionism.
That is if there is also no "prayers" of some sort.
Yes, as I have been "breathing" all my life !:lol
But never with the "I got a mat!" crowd.

You don't think "yoga" is devilish?
It certainly can be, but with a Godly mind doesn't have to be.
I don't know, but I've heard both sides where one side says yoga is demonic at it's core and others say it's just a way to work out.
I think one's perspective of yoga can go either devilish or exercise on the topic.
As Christians are to abstain from all appearance of evil, it behooves us to avoid it.
Do GOYA instead !
I'm not interested in either one so don't really know beyond that. but since it could have the appearance of evil with it, I'll pass. Just in case, lol.
I agree.
I will continue to do my floor exercises without the "shroud" of alien ungodliness.

Any religion besides Christianity worships false gods.
Idolatry is devilish.

Nothing, except the exhibitionism.
That is if there is also no "prayers" of some sort.

Yes, as I have been "breathing" all my life !:lol
But never with the "I got a mat!" crowd.
Whose loss is that? Is your faith really so weak that you can't join an exercise class?

What's GOYA? Besides a play on the yoga word?
Is it like supposed to be all the good exercise of yoga, with no added demons? (Lol)

I dunno, I'm just asking.

I just googled GOYA and the first thing that popped up said Goya Yoga...Sabbath of the Witches. Something like that, I didn't read it. No need to.

I don't know what that's all about but it seems as if Goya is something I should stay away from.

Yoga (and GOYA)is starting to feel like it's one of those things like a Ouija board, can be used actively demonically or hey, it's just a board game, right? I aint summoning up demons so that's safe right?

And it's prolly not right. It prolly opens doors to spirits and therefore is dangerous and don't even play.

What's GOYA? Besides a play on the yoga word?
Is it like supposed to be all the good exercise of yoga, with no added demons? (Lol)
Yes, basically.
As the ungodly have stolen the rainbow from Christianity let us shine light on their exercises with a one-off version sans devilishness..
GOYA is God Offers Youthful Activity.
I dunno, I'm just asking.
I know.
Sometimes I'm too funny for my own good.

I just googled GOYA and the first thing that popped up said Goya Yoga...Sabbath of the Witches. Something like that, I didn't read it. No need to.

I don't know what that's all about but it seems as if Goya is something I should stay away from.

Yoga (and GOYA)is starting to feel like it's one of those things like a Ouija board, can be used actively demonically or hey, it's just a board game, right? I aint summoning up demons so that's safe right?

And it's prolly not right. It prolly opens doors to spirits and therefore is dangerous and don't even play.
I too looked up GOYA yoga.
You looked away a tad too soon.
Francisco Goya produces yoga mats.
The themes/paintings depicted on his mats are quite unChristian, for the most part.
But my mentioning of GOYA has nothing to do with him or his mats.
GOYA is a made-up name for a Christian form of exercise without the ungodly aspects attached to it.

I too looked up GOYA yoga.
You looked away a tad too soon.
Francisco Goya produces yoga mats.
The themes/paintings depicted on his mats are quite unChristian, for the most part.
But my mentioning of GOYA has nothing to do with him or his mats.
GOYA is a made-up name for a Christian form of exercise without the ungodly aspects attached to it.

Ok I think I get it now. There's GOYA and then there's Goya Yoga which is prolly unchristian people Seeking to adulterate God Offers Youthful activity GOYA down a dark road like they did with the rainbow and other stuff too.
Well Brother, I feel better now. My head was spinning wondering how you can have the faith that you do...and be deceived by yoga type stuff. So that's cool and I understand that now. Thanks for the clarification.

Ok I think I get it now. There's GOYA and then there's Goya Yoga which is prolly unchristian people Seeking to adulterate God Offers Youthful activity GOYA down a dark road like they did with the rainbow and other stuff too.
Well Brother, I feel better now. My head was spinning wondering how you can have the faith that you do...and be deceived by yoga type stuff. So that's cool and I understand that now. Thanks for the clarification.
Actually, there is my made up GOYA, and there is Francisco Goya who produces mats.
There is no Goya yoga.

Actually, there is my made up GOYA, and there is Francisco Goya who produces mats.
There is no Goya yoga.

I googled GOYA and a bunch of stuff came up and I did read the first part of tht article and they used the term Goya Yoga is what they teach. Something like that.

Back