Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where are the miracles?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You have no place in the judgment of mens' heart before the Lord for it is only your opinion. You have set yourself high and the Lord will set you back down. Either bend your knee before the Lord or He will bend it for you. Again, you state your own opinions as God's will/words when they're only your own. This is spiritual arrogance. Unbridled pride will shut the gates of Kingdom before you.

Proverbs 21:2 King James Version

2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

Do think that posting and practising your own opinions is bending your knee before Elohim/God? I have read your Profile post. Your must get absolute certainty and clarity about what Elohim/God teaches and cease seeing through the glass darkly.

Are you representing a collective intelligence? Your language describes the picture of a group of people who have deliberated and chosen to speak collectively through your one user account. Perhaps it's a typing mistake... Just checking ?

No typo. The "We" is referring those that promote the original teachings of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ wherever they might be. This is the Collective Intelligence.

No typo. The "We" is referring those that promote the original teachings of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ wherever they might be. This is the Collective Intelligence.

well...there is some collective intelligence that lives across the ocean from the Jordan River, and don't have bus fare to go get baptized over there. Will these souls be lost?
I think not.

well...there is some collective intelligence that lives across the ocean from the Jordan River, and don't have bus fare to go get baptized over there. Will these souls be lost?
I think not.

1 Corinthians 2:14 King James Version

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In conversations with for_his_glory posted the above Scripture. It could be that this member did not think deep enough as to why this Scripture was posted.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In conversations with for_his_glory posted the above Scripture. It could be that this member did not think deep enough as to why this Scripture was posted.
This scripture in 1Corinthians 2:14 was posted in order to show you the carnal thinking you have been displaying in here telling everyone they are going to hell if they do not travel to the Jordon River to be baptized in water for the remission of their sin in order to be saved.

This is a lie straight from the father of lies being Satan. When one can not prove what they say with scripture, even though we have asked you many times to do so, then no one should ever believe this lie you are trying to spread.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

for_his_glory, are you going to answer the question. Do you know that Yeshua/Jesus was Baptised in River Jordan?
Like I said I already answered your question, but you refuse the scriptures given you, not just by me, but by others in here.
It has everything to do with Interpretation and Prophecy. Can those practising False Doctrine have a personal relationship with Messiah/Christ?
Those who teach a false gospel have no personal relationship with Christ as the truth is not found in them nor do they know the mind of Christ.

James 2:14 Young's Literal Translation

14 What [is] the profit, my brethren, if faith, any one may speak of having, and works he may not have? is that faith able to save him?

Do you agree with and understand James?

The Second Death is death and hell being cast into the lake of fire, stated in Revelation 20:14. He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. What are the overcomers overcoming? Are the overcomers Sons of Elohim/God?
James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? (KJV)................I agree with what James wrote here, but what is faith if not that of Christ Jesus who is God's free gift of His grace given to us by God, Ephesians 2:8.

You still haven't explained what the second death and hell is as I already explained this to you.

Everything is under Elohim's/God's control. Elohim/God decides the time.
God decides the time of the return of Christ as no one knows that day or the hour, Matthew 24:36. You had better get yourself to the Jordon River immediately before it's to late!!!

John 3:5 King James Version

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

You have never been truly Spiritually born again as you believe, because you must be Baptised in River Jordan to become Spiritually Born Again or Born From Above. You refuse to see the truth.
It is you that refuses Ephesians 2:8.

What I don't get is...if our baptism is unto Christ, then why did Jesus Himself get baptized? I mean, He is our redeemer so wouldn't our baptism be unto the world that we openly acknowledge Christ and follow His ways? That could explain why Jesus got baptized. As a model and example to the world...?

But baptism can't be a strict requirement because Jesus saved one of the thieves crucified next to Him. He wasn't baptized. Although I have been baptized and agree it is good to do and an act of obedience to our Lord. No doubt there. Salvation is a free gift but we will be judged at the Bema seat on our acts and behavior to others. Acts of charity and helping the needy and so forth. It is all those things which get considered into our rewards in heaven. Build up your treasures in Heaven it says.

Off topic a wee bit, but I pondered that before. I actually do not know what my calling is. And that just bugs me to no end! I feel as if I should know. So what to do? I think the safest thing to do is to continue to walk in love towards my neighbor and do every act of charity and helping that I can think of in the mean time. That is a safe place to be I think for those who know not their calling or do not feel any anointing to anything specific.,
Lev 16:23 And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy place, and shall leave them there:
Lev 16:24 And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people.

The Mikveh (meaning a collection of water) in the OT was a bath used for the purpose of ritual immersion. Several biblical regulations specify that full immersion in water is required to regain ritual purity after ritually impure incidents have occurred. In Priestly law, the ultimate purpose of ritual purification was to protect God's sanctuary, the tabernacle, from contamination, Leviticus chapter 15.

The Mikveh, being a shadow of John's baptism and the baptism of the Holy Spirit, was for purification, not for remission of sin, like that of what Esaias prophesied saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight, Isaiah 40:3. In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins, Matthew 3:1-6. John said, I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire, Matthew 3:11.

Ephesians 2:8 Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus and not by works, which would make water baptism a work towards repentance. John said I must decrease and Jesus increase. John's water baptism was only for repentance as being prepared for the coming of the Lord as the water represented the washing away of sin, or as John put it "prepare ye the way of the Lord". It is not clear in scripture that Jesus ever baptized anyone in water even though He first came to John's water baptism as a fulfillment of prophecy as He had to identify with humanity even though He had no sin. This was the beginning of Christ ministry as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him that day as God gave Him full power and authority here on earth and there after Jesus went about teaching the disciples as it was not Jesus who the Pharisees heard that He baptized more than John did, John 4:1-3 but His disciples baptizing others in water for remission of sin after the death of John the Baptist as all together they would have baptized others in water for the remission of sin then John could at one time. Jesus could not baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit until the day of Pentecost after He ascended up to the Father and the Father sent down the indwelling Holy Spirit, Acts 2.

John 3:5 never mentions the word baptize, but says only by being born of water and spirit, which means water as living water, word of God, that no one can enter into the kingdom of God unless they are Spiritually renewed (born again) by the hearing of the word, which is Christ Jesus and by the Holy Spirit that came on them in the OT and indwells us in the NT. Many do read into the passage a preconceived idea or theology, but baptism is never mentioned in this verse. God's word is living water as described in John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22.

If salvation came by actual immersion in water Jesus clearly could have simply stated, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is baptized by being immersed in water and born of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” Further, if Jesus had made such a statement, He would have contradicted numerous other Bible passages that make it clear that salvation is by faith (John 3:16; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5).

There is the case of the thief on the cross who repented, the women who was to be stoned for adultery, the women at the well, death bed confessions and even those who are incapacitated that can not be immersed in water. Does this mean they are not saved or born again, no. It means that no dirty river water is going to save anyone, but that it is only a symbol of repentance like that of John the baptist who called those to repent first. There is nothing wrong with being dunked in water, but know that it is only an outward appearance to others of what has already taken place Spiritually within you when you repented, accepted Jesus and was indwelled with the Holy Spirit.

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

This is what the Jerusalem Bible says:
John 3:3 "I tell you most solemnly, unless a man is born from above, he can not see the kingdom of God."
John 3:5-7 "I tell you most solemnly, unless a man is born through water and the Spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God. What is born of the flesh is flesh,(sin nature) what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be surprised when I say you must be born from above.

One needs to hear the word of God, as word being living water, in order to know they have to be born again of the Spirit in order to see and enter the kingdom of God.

John's baptism was literal, but yet symbolic for cleansing after one repented of their sin. Notice in Mark 1:8 I have baptized you with (actual) water, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit. (Not water, but baptize you with the Holy Spirit after you have repented and made clean again through the washing of the word as you become a new creation in Christ.

Jesus never baptized anyone in literal water that we know of and also instructed the Disciples to wait upon the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Acts chapter 1, and then commissioned them to go out preaching the Gospel (word/living water) and to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:16-20.

Being born from above means being born from the heavenly word of God, not dirty river water. When Jesus was baptized by John it was for the fulfillment of Messiah come as the Holy Spirit fell down on Him. Jesus had no need of being baptized in water for the remission of sin.

And you know what else?! He talks about the Baptism with fire and with the Holy Ghost. I am not positive if I've been baptized by the Holy Spirit. I've been told that I must have been because I spoke in tongues once involuntarily and it was quite the experience but...how does one know for sure if they've been Baptized by the Holy Spirit?
Faith comes by hearing the word of God, Romans 10:13-17 as we are saved by God's grace, not actual water.

Baptism is not mentioned in John chapter three so why do so many believe we are to be dunked in dirty river water as the water can not bring about Gods salvation, but only by faith do we believe as it comes by Gods grace, Ephesians 2:1-10, as we hear the gospel (word/living water) preached to us.

God's word is living water as described in John 4:4-26; 7:37-39; 12:44-50; Ephesians 5:26; 1 John 5:5-8; Jeremiah 17:13; Zechariah 14:8, 9; Rev 21:6-8; Ezekiel 47:22.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

According to vs. 9 Being baptized in water would be a work towards salvation. Water does not save us, but can not be forbidden to those who want to be immersed as it's only an outside appearance to others that you have repented and were made clean by the blood of Christ. Christ is that free gift of God's grace through faith in Him as Jesus is our faith we trust in.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

John's baptism was only for the remission of sin making one ready for the coming Messiah. John decreased so Jesus could increase and after Jesus was taken up to heaven He sent down the Holy Spirit on that day of Pentecost that indwelled them in the upper room just like we are indwelled even today and not only indwelled, but indwelled with fire, which means God's power and authority in us as we carry on the works of the Lord.

John was filled with the Holy Spirit.
How could John the Baptist be filled with the Holy Spirit as the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is the baptism of Christ, did not come until the day of Pentecost.

Edward we are baptized/indwelled with the Holy Spirit the same time we are Spiritually born again from above. If you have Christ in you then you have the Holy Spirit being the very Spirit of God.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Are you representing a collective intelligence? Your language describes the picture of a group of people who have deliberated and chosen to speak collectively through your one user account. Perhaps it's a typing mistake... Just checking ?
We have been trying to get him to tell us who this "we" group are, as none of us in this forum are a part of it and we are all going to hell by what the "we" teach because unless you go to the Jordon River and be baptized you will not be saved. This nonsense is going to come to an end.

You said "what we posted" - whereas it is only your own fingers that submitted the message. Can I safely assume that you haven't consulted with each of the others whom you claim to represent before saying that you were speaking as the collective?

We have been trying to get him to tell us who this "we" group are, as none of us in this forum are a part of it and we are all going to hell by what the "we" teach because unless you go to the Jordon River and be baptized you will not be saved. This nonsense is going to come to an end.
What about that other guy who had a problem with everyone who used the expression "we"? I'd like to see them put in the same arena to try and work things out! "Iron sharpens iron", so they say. :gavel

I am glad you finally named who the "we" are.

To anyone who does not know the term "Collective Intelligence" it means group intelligence that emerges from the collaboration, collective efforts and competition of many individuals and appears in consensus decision making. The term appears in context of mass review and crowdsourcing applications.

So in basic terms as it is being presented in this thread by Elihoenai, it is the teaching of false doctrines that come from a collaborated view without any scriptural truth.

Proverbs 21:2 King James Version

2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

Do think that posting and practising your own opinions is bending your knee before Elohim/God? I have read your Profile post. Your must get absolute certainty and clarity about what Elohim/God teaches and cease seeing through the glass darkly.
By contrast do you claim that you see through the glass clearly? All see through the glass darkly....including you. You are lost in your legalisms which breed self-righteousness which breeds judgment which breeds condemnation. Your lack of humility before the Word reveals your spiritual attitude.

Sir, we have asked you many times to give us scripture that says we have to be baptized in the Jordon River or we will not be saved, but you produce no such scripture. Even you have said you are going to hell because you have never been baptized in the Jordon River and I asked you why you never were, but would rather go to hell, or tell others they are going to hell because they can not afford to go to the Jordon River to be baptized. These are lies of Satan that blind others of truth.

Back