Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Where Is the Lake of Fire?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Orion said:
No sin is heinous enough to deserve that level of existence. There is absolutely no justice in that.
I agree and think that the Scriptures indeed teach that the wages of sin are death, not a perpetual state of life in torment.

What did you think of the arguments in the thread I referred you to? Are you open to the possibility that the Scriptures teach annihilation and not eternal torment?

I am open to the possibility of annihilation, sure. It's far better to have non-existence. . . . especially if it IS true that a spirit/soul has not rights to accept God after it is apart from it's body of earthen dust. It is a much better way to treat those who want no part of God.

Atonement said:
That does not mean it's not real. The Bible speaks of it other wise

The pages of text that were included in Canon have many passages that are figurative language. I see "fire" as an often used analogy.

Back