Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who ever gets the last Word

Warning to parents!

Microsoft has released a dangerous DVD that, when used in your computer

will install Windows Vista.

:lol

What is so bad about Vista? Reallly - tell me three things that are negative about it that it deserves and that all the hype and negativity about vista were justified by those three things.

I've got vista business and I love it. Sure, it's not perfect and microsoft could hae done it better, but it's definately not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Most people think it runs slowly - well it does if you are using hardware that ran xp nicely.

Sorry, just on a rant.

Anyway, I win! :)

Nick, Vista has definitely improved over the years. But it is slower and more crash-prone that XP, unless you have a very powerful computer. Next month, Microsoft will release a service pack for Vista that will improve it tremendously.

It's called Windows 7.

Vince said:
Nick, Vista has definitely improved over the years. But it is slower and more crash-prone that XP, unless you have a very powerful computer. Next month, Microsoft will release a service pack for Vista that will improve it tremendously.

It's called Windows 7.
Well I'm running good hardware on my laptop that's got Vista, so I have no problems with its so-called slowness. However, I would like to get windows 7 - looks awesome!

And btw, most of those negative reviews came out before sp1 was introduced for vista - so there's no wonder it got smashed in the reviews.

You are correct, Nick. Vista IS a good operating system, but it came out "ahead of its time." Too many drivers weren't ready for it, and most computers couldn't handle it. By the time MS got it straightened out, most users had learned that they could do fine with XP, and 7 was coming down the pike.

A couple of years ago, I wrote on a tech forum that when Vista came out it would be a great time to buy XP laptops, and I was right. I posted today on this forum that this is a good time to be buying Vista laptops, because the prices are dropping.

Vince said:
A couple of years ago, I wrote on a tech forum that when Vista came out it would be a great time to buy XP laptops, and I was right. I posted today on this forum that this is a good time to be buying Vista laptops, because the prices are dropping.
True that.

Also true is my win! :D

Not so sure about that Grams! It was my understanding that women went first, thus leaving the man to go last.

So I therefore see no problem here! :D

A man dies and mets St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. Peter says to the man, "Here's how it works. You need to have one hundred points to get into heaven. You tell me about all the good things you've done. They are all worth a certain number of points. If your total is one hundred or more, you can come in."

"Well," says the man. "I was happily married to the same woman for 52 years. I never looked at another woman. I was attentive and loved her dearly."

"That's great," says St. Peter. "That'll be two points."

"Hmmm," says the man. "This is going to be harder than I thought. Well, I attended church regularly, volunteered my time and tithed faithfully."

"Wonderful," says St. Peter, "That's worth another point."

"One point!" says the man. "Okay, okay. I was involved with a prison ministry for twenty-five years. I went into the prison, at least monthly, and shared Jesus with them."

"Wow!" says St. Peter. "That's another two points!"

"Only two points!" says the man. "At this rate, it'll be by the grace of God that'll I'll ever get into this place."

"Bingo!" says St. Peter. "That's one hundred points! Come on in."

Vince said:
A man dies and mets St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. Peter says to the man, "Here's how it works. You need to have one hundred points to get into heaven. You tell me about all the good things you've done. They are all worth a certain number of points. If your total is one hundred or more, you can come in."

"Well," says the man. "I was happily married to the same woman for 52 years. I never looked at another woman. I was attentive and loved her dearly."

"That's great," says St. Peter. "That'll be two points."

"Hmmm," says the man. "This is going to be harder than I thought. Well, I attended church regularly, volunteered my time and tithed faithfully."

"Wonderful," says St. Peter, "That's worth another point."

"One point!" says the man. "Okay, okay. I was involved with a prison ministry for twenty-five years. I went into the prison, at least monthly, and shared Jesus with them."

"Wow!" says St. Peter. "That's another two points!"

"Only two points!" says the man. "At this rate, it'll be by the grace of God that'll I'll ever get into this place."

"Bingo!" says St. Peter. "That's one hundred points! Come on in."
Nice! :) Good reminder. Thanks.

Arf, arf, arf, ye barnacle-bangled batch of bilge-bailers! September 19 be International Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I'll be wantin' nothin' but pirate talk on this thread for the whole day, arf, arf, arf!

Back