Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who ever gets the last Word

Yesh, we're discussing reform in theology and art and literature in class and he came up, like you said wierd, wierd man.There were many wierd artists and writers think it has something to do with how their minds work or maybe not just circumstances, I can't really make a generalization like that.

Oh yeah, there are definitely some odd writers and artists out there, and I think you're right when you say that sometimes, that's just how they think. Which kinda scares me, 'cause I certainly hope that I don't come across as that...weird...when I write. Of course, many of the writers we read in school were doing avante garde things of the time, so they get the most recognition. Which also means, that of their genre, they were probably the most detatched from the rest of their contemporaries. Everyone else, probably, hung on some to more traditional forms.

Good grief, I need to hush before I go into a full scale lecture.

THey say they contributed to the first all-american genre.I don't exactly think this, then again, my teacher beleives I'm just a skeptical feminist.

How in the world can something be an "all-American genre?" Genre has nothing to do with nationalities.

I don't know that's what the book says? I think they meant a genre that was in some way developed in America not borrowed from the British.

Oh, I see. Still kinda silly, seeing as how, when something starts in part of the world, it has a tendency to spread across the continents.

Hey, don't look at me.I didn't write it, they're attempting to feed this to us thoughI keep throwing it up, to me some of it is junk.

Yeah, I too have an uncanny ability to forget what I have been taught, especially if I think it's rather silly.

Well, that's the thing i don't forget in fact i learn it and recite it back to him then politley tell him what a load of bullhockey i think it is.He knows i don't forget it and I willrecite it if he likes along with my own little amandments at the end.

Africa
Asia
Antartica
South America
North America
Europe
Australia

Ahhh...inspiration from geography books....

Trust me, that's something I figured out about this thread a loooonnnngggg time ago. :-D

Forget money. I'm in need of a new brain because mine is fried. Anybody got one I could have? Please?!

You throw it and I'll catch it. I'll even send a dollar back with it on its return trip.

:lol: UPS or Fed Ex hey have you ever seen the arrow on the fed ex truck?

Back