Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who ever gets the last Word

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why does the "New posts" list say someone has replied to me, but I can't see their post? :confused:

Lauren Rosenberg, who sued Google Maps after she walked down the middle of a busy state highway at night because it told her to, has apparently changed her story. She now claims that she was merely crossing the street, obeying Google Maps' directions, when she was struck by a car.

People shouldn't take GPS devices too literally. One guy I heard about did, though. His GPS told him to go straight for a mile and he did. He ignored all the signs about road work ahead and went right through all the barriers.

Thee was a lawsuit in Britain in which the guy's GPS told him to use a road that was a quagmire of mud. His vehicle got stuck, partly sank, and was heavily damaged. The court ruled against him, stating that he had failed to use common sense.

I heard about a guy in Germany who took things a bit too literally. His GPS told him to "turn right now". He did and ended up in somebody's front yard.

For those of you who don't follow sports, last week-end had three instances in which a football player ran across the goal line and threw down the ball before he had actually crossed the goal line. If done correctly, this is counted as a fumble and a "touchback," worth two points, for the other team. Only one of them got caught by the referees.

Yeah... Referees don't catch everything. Here's a video of a few things in a soccer game that the referees didn't do anything about.

[video=youtube;lp2DbvWmu4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp2DbvWmu4M[/video]​

And they say soccer is boring.

Todays' "Fathead of the Week-End" award goes to Brandon Jacobs, of the New York Giants football team.

With the Giants getting clobbered by the Indianapolis Colts, Jacobs was pulled out of the game by his coach. Enraged, he threw his helmet into the stands, claiming later that it was an accident.

The fan who caught the helmet refused to give it back, police arrived, and officials tore the helmet out of the fan's hands.

Some Icelanders seem to think we have to have records in everything we do. Probably an inferiority complex because we're such a small nation. On the news on TV tonight they announced a few new records that we have broken. Of the OECD nations we have...

• The highest food prices
  • The worst teeth (Not surprising considering we consume a kilogram (2.2 lbs) of sugar a week per person)
  • The highest consumption per capita of anti-depressants
  • The highest insidence of melanoma among women

Records we have had in the past, but I'm not sure we still hold include...

• The highest consumption of sugar in the world
  • The highest consumption of chocolate
  • The highest consumption of soda (we drink more Coke than Americans)
  • The highest consumption of coffee

On the bright or at least neutral) side, we...

• Are the most optomistic people in the world (probably has to do with the anti-depressants)
  • Read more books than any other country
  • Have the world's most beautiful women (or so they say, although we've only had one Miss Universe)
  • Have the world's strongest men (Icelanders have held that title at least 3 times)
  • Have the world's oldest parliament
  • Have the world's northern-most capital city

Today is google's birthday.

Happy Birthday Google.

Ha, now I'm winning :shocked!

Who cares? Google is a lousy search engine. The only really good search engine I ever found on the internet was northernlight.com. They allowed you to use boolean operators in your search. Google uses the operators as search words. Also, they gave you only relevant results. How many times have you googled something and when you go to one of the websites listed, it doesn't contain any of the keywords you entered?

Oh, btw... I'm winning. :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back