Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who is Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus is the Lord of Hosts !

Jesus is the Lord of Hosts ! Those who do not believe that scripture teaches that Jesus Christ is also God in addition to being the Son of God, they simply do not believe the scripture testimony, which makes them in spite of their religious profession ,unbelievers, for they are no more believers in Christ than a atheist is !

Now with that, Isiah gives scripture testimony of seeing the King, The Lord of Hosts Isa 6:5

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts or Yahweh of Hosts.

What and who Isiah saw was the Glorified God Man Mediator, The Lord Jesus Christ in His Glory, for this is confirmed by NT scripture Jn 12:41

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Compare that with Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Notice also what Isiah said about His Train in Vs 1 that it filled the Temple, that is His skirt or garment, that of the High Priest. The skirt is the hebrew word shuwl:

skirt (of robe)

a) of high priest's robe

This is a Vision of Christ, God Man as the Great High priest of God's People Heb 4:14

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

This could not be a Vision of the Father, for no man has seen God the Father at anytime ! Whereas Isa said of the King , the Lord of Hosts :

for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts

So Isiah did not see the Father here with His Eyes ! But yet the Being whom He saw was indeed :

for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord or Yahweh of hosts.

And it was Jesus Christ he saw Jn 12:39-41

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Those who do not Believe from this witness of scripture that Jesus Christ is The Yahweh of Hosts that Isiah saw ,it is because Jn 12:40 is True of them !

In order to be born again of the holy spirit, you must believe in your heart that Jesus was God in the flesh. Jehovah is without a doubt false teaching.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back