Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who is Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You and i have nothing in common, we do not believe in the same God nor the same Christ !

Only problem with that is as per my comment I agreed exactly with you statement so if I believe what you state is true and correct that is called agreement and therefore we have common ground. You see what we disagree on while I see the things we agree on.

Is it not fantastic that we can disagree on somethings yet still be loved by the same God and love Him in return.

John O

The devils know the Son of God is God !

Matt 8:28-29

28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

And, behold, they[ devils] cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

The devils know who it is that is going punish them at Judgment time, the Son of God, whom all Judgment has been committed in His Hands.

Rev 20:7-10

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

johno

yet still be loved by the same God

You and i do not believe in the same God. The God I serve and believe in does what He desires ! Job 23:13

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

You say of your god, that He desires many to be saved , but never the less they shall perish in their sins ! That is not my God !

Christ of the NT is Yaweh or Jehovah of OT !

For the Jesus Christ of the NT is the Jehovah or Yaweh LORD of the OT and that during His Time on earth, He was BOTH God [Divine] and Human [Man], this Union is confirmed by comparing what is said of Christ in the reward of His Obedience unto Death, or the Cross Phil 2:9-11

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him[Jesus Christ], and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus=Jehovah is Salvation every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Which these same results exclusively belongs to Jehovah as Per Isa 45:22-24

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

24 Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

Vs 23 here of Isa is what Paul writes of in Phil 2:10 as the result of Christ's Exaltation after Death ! And Isa 45:24 whom the Saint says in Jehovah have I righteousness and Strength, Paul says that Christ is the one who what ? Phil 4:13

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Also the Saints Righteousness is in Christ ! Rom 10:4

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

1 Cor 1:30

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

johno

You and i do not believe in the same God. The God I serve and believe in does what He desires ! Job 23:13

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

You say of your god, that He desires many to be saved , but never the less they shall perish in their sins ! That is not my God !

No according to your interpretation of God He only chose a few and the rest are condemned. So how does that reconcile with 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I like my interpretation of God's love and Grace for me than yours.

John O

Jesus Christ is:

The Lamb of God: (John 1:29,36; 1 Peter 1:19; Revelation 5:12,13; 6:1,16, 7:9,10,14,17; 12:11; 13:8,11; 14:1,4,10)

Son of man: (Matt 8:20; 9:6; 10:23; 11:19; 12:8,32,40; 13:37,41; 16:13,27,28; 17:19,12,22; 18:11; 19:28; 20:18,28; 24:27,30,37,39; 25:13,31; 26:2,24,45,64; Mark 2:10,28; 8:31,38; 9:9,12,31; 10:33,45; 13:26,34; 14:21,41,62; Luke 5:24; 6:5,22; 7:22,24,26,30; 18:8,31; 19:10; 21:27,36; 22:22,48,69,24:7; John 1:51, 3:13,14; 5:27; 6:27,53,62,8:28; 12:23,34,31; Acts 7:56; Rev 1:13, 14:14)

Son of God: Matt 4:3,6; 8:29, 14:33, 16:16, 26:63, 27:40,43,54; Mark 1:1, 3:11, 5:7,39; Luke 1:32,35; 4:3,9,41; 8:28; 22:70; John 1:18,34,49; 3:16,18,36; 5:25; 6:69; 9:35; 10:36; 11:4,27; 13:31; 19:7; 20:31; Acts 3:13,26; 8:37; 9:20; 13:33; Romans 1:4,9; 5:10; 8:3; 1 Co 1:9; 15:28; 2 Co 1:19; Galatians 2:20; 4:4,6; Eph 4:13; Heb 4:14; 6:6; 10:29; 2 Peter 1:17; 1 John 3:8, 4:9,10,15; 5:5,9-13,20; 2 John 1:3,9; Rev 2:18)

Our Intercession (intercessor-petitions God on our behalf) (Romans 8:27,34; Hebrews 7:25)

Our Mediator (negotiator between us and God) (Galatians 3:19,20; 1 Timothy 2:5)

Our high priest (Hebrews 4:14)

Our Propitiation (Romans 3:25; 1 John 4:10)

Our Reconciliation (Romans 5:10)

Our Peace (John 14:27; 16:33)

Our Justification (Acts 13:39; Romans 4:25; 5:8,9,16,18)

Our Redemption (1 Co 1:30; Galatians 3:13; 1 Peter 1:18,19)

Our Righteousness (Romans 3:21-26; Romans 4:5-23; 5:17-19; 1 Co 1:30)

Our Sanctification
(1 Co 1:30; 1 Thess 4:2-4; 2 Thess 2:13; 1 Peter 1:2)

Jesus = God
:confused:

Amen

The Seeking Shepherd !

We know the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lord God of the OT as He fulfills this Prophecy from Ezk 34:11-16

11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. See Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.

14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.

15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.

16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

In vs 11 the word lord is the hebrew word 'Adonay which means:

my lord, lord

a) of men

b) of God

2) Lord - title, spoken in place of Yahweh in Jewish display of reverence

Its the same word used in Ps 110:5

5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Which most will admit is the Lord of vs 1 Ps 110:1

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

But also this Lord of Ezk 34:11 is called God, which in this verse is the word Yĕhovih:

Jehovah - used primarily in the combination 'Lord Jehovah'

Now scriptures in the NT that prove Jesus fulfilled this Prophecy of The Lord Jehovah coming to seek out His Sheep Matt 15:21-25

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

The Lord Jesus Christ was actually identifying Himself as that Lord God of Ezk 34:11,16

And God given Faith moved her to cry " Lord help me" The Lord of Ezk 34:11 !

Also the parable of Luke 15:4

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

And of course Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

All of these scriptures fulfill the Prophecy of Ezk 34:11-16

Yes, Jesus Christ is that Lord God who comes to seek and to find His Lost Sheep as Promised !

Jesus is the lamb slain before the foundation of the world and it is He that died that all might live.

John O

There is much more to the Gospel than that~:thumbsup
You need to tell us in which sequence the NT is talking of when you talk of Christ? (1 Cor. 10:1-3's or the OT's Christ/God the Rock) or the prophesied Son to be? (second Adam) Ps. 2
[7] I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

And God the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is spirit. And all angels are the same regardless of being good or bad. So who was the GOD on Gen. talking to with the both of (US) haveing an image, that They were creating man with???
And even HE needs to be understood as omnipresent before Adam fell & then only again after Christ went back to heaven & found that... as the second Adam man, that He was faithful & was accepted, and then the Holy Spirit was sent back only to UPLIFT CHRIST omnipresent!! (not to speak of HIMSELF) John 20:17.

It seems that those of Jer. 17:5 had most often not understood what God indeed can & did do, because of Their Eternal Knowing, and these folks cannot know. (such as Faith being finished OSAS & about the Son & who He has always been & was to become)

See Rom. 4:17's last part of the verse....
'...and calleth those things which be not as though they were.'

Elijah--

I will pour upon the house of David !

Zech 12:8-10

8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

We know Jesus Christ is God Jehovah because it is He who poured out His Spirit or the Spirit upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem. Now the promise is made here Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Now who is speaking here ? Vs 7

7 The Lord[Jehovah] also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

It is the LORD Jehovah. Now take note of the word pour as pour of my Spirit.

Now this finds it's fulfillment on the Day of Pentecost. Now who does it say specifically poured of the Spirit on the People that Day ? Acts 2:32-33

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he[Jesus] hath shed[poured] forth this, which ye now see and hear.

The word shed here is the greek word ekcheo and means:

to pour out, shed forth

2) metaph. to bestow or distribute largely

Folks this is the Fulfillment of Jehovah as promised pouring out of the Spirit upon the House of David and Jerusalem. Did not Jehovah say in that prediction of Zech 12:10

Now how was Jehovah pierced ? Because Jesus Christ the Man was also Jehovah as a Man, and as a Man He was pierced for His People as Per Rev 1:7

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jn 19:37

37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

The Prophecy is "they shall look upon me whom they have pierced" Which was spoken by Jehovah Zech 12:10 !

It was spoken by Jehovah Jesus !

More on Zech 12:10 Jesus as Jehovah !

Zech 12:10

We know this promise was made by none other Than Jehovah God vs 7

7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

Now this prediction cannot be True unless Jesus is Jehovah in the Flesh. It is stated that He shall pour out His Spirit upon all flesh. We have seen that Jesus risen did Just that Acts 2:32-33, Also Titus 3:5-6 speaks of Jesus Christ as Pouring out the Spirit of New Birth Titus 3:3-6

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed[poured] on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

The Father is called the Lord of Heaven and Earth Matt 11:25

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Now Christ also is Lord of Heaven and Earth because of His Deity, His Oneness in the Godhead ! Jesus is Lord of all Acts 10:36

36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all )

Lord of all ! Would that not include Heaven and Earth ? What saith the scripture ? Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

So He is Lord of All with All Power given Him in Heaven and Earth ! That says to me that He is Equal with the Father Matt 11:25

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

It is written specifically of the Son this Heb 1:10

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Now it is no doubt this makes Him Equal with the Father, in being the Lord of Heaven and Earth, thats His Deity, and yet in His Mediator Person as the Son, He is subject to the Father. It is in this capacity the scoffers do agree with us, but they reject the other Teachings of His Deity and equality with the Father. The Father could not and would not give a inferior equal Authority over Heaven and Earth,like He has, if He was not Deity with Him in the same degree !

There is much more to the Gospel than that~:thumbsup
You need to tell us in which sequence the NT is talking of when you talk of Christ? (1 Cor. 10:1-3's or the OT's Christ/God the Rock) or the prophesied Son to be? (second Adam) Ps. 2
[7] I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

And God the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost is spirit. And all angels are the same regardless of being good or bad. So who was the GOD on Gen. talking to with the both of (US) haveing an image, that They were creating man with???
And even HE needs to be understood as omnipresent before Adam fell & then only again after Christ went back to heaven & found that... as the second Adam man, that He was faithful & was accepted, and then the Holy Spirit was sent back only to UPLIFT CHRIST omnipresent!! (not to speak of HIMSELF) John 20:17.

It seems that those of Jer. 17:5 had most often not understood what God indeed can & did do, because of Their Eternal Knowing, and these folks cannot know. (such as Faith being finished OSAS & about the Son & who He has always been & was to become)

See Rom. 4:17's last part of the verse....
'...and calleth those things which be not as though they were.'

Elijah--

and they shall look upon Me whom they have pierced...

Jesus is YHWH!

JLB

We Know the The Lord Jesus Christ is the Lord our God from the fulfillment of the Prophecy of Isa 40:3

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Mal 3:1

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

Now three NT scriptures put this to be the Lord Jesus Christ Our God

Matt 3:3

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Mk 1:3

3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Lk 3:1-6

Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

And what is happening here but Christ coming and presenting the Message of the Covenant after John the Baptist !

Now only those whose eyes are not blinded by Satan can see that these scriptures clearly delineate The Lord Jesus Christ, the Messenger of the Covenant as God !

That His disciples or Apostles had been convinced of His Deity as God Jn 20:28

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

They began their Gospel Preaching Ministry in Jerusalem, Preaching Christ and also fulfilling this part of the Prophecy of Isa 40:9-11

9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings Rom 10:15, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

That is Behold Your Christ, who is Your God and Lord ! Your Rewarder and the Shepherd of the People

10 Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Did not Christ as the Good Shepherd gather His People ? Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

A Fold is defined as a:

to bring into a compact form by bending and laying parts together

Also More pointedly Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God[Or Sheep] that were scattered abroad.

Let the scoffers and unbelievers begin their attack against the Word of Truth as they have been appointed !

When I awake, with thy likeness

Ps 17:15

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

We know that Jesus is God, because it is in His Likeness that he shall awake out of dust unto in the resurrection Dan 12:2

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Now whose Likeness was the sacred writer referring to ? Ps 17:13

13 Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:

The word Lord is Jehovah, now how was the psalmist to awake in His Likeness ? At the Glorious Appearing of Our Great God and Saviour Titus 2:13

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Now, scripture says that when He shall appear, then we shall be LIKE HIM ! 1 Jn 3:2

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

The word likeness in Ps 17:15 is the word tĕmuwnah and means:

form, image, likeness, representation, semblance

And we know that all the foreknown of God have been predestinated to be conformed to the Image of God's Son Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Who is the Image of God 2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

This is conclusive, that the Image of Jehovah the psalmist referred to in Ps 17:5 is the Son of God, this proves that the Son of God is also Jehovah ! This has been established by scripture !

To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen

We know Jesus Christ the Lord is God because Paul says here of Him 2 Tim 4:17-18

17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Paul says that its Jesus Christ who strengthens him Phil 4:13

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Now Paul says the same of God the Father Gal 1:3-5

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Now if the Lord Jesus Christ whom Paul refers to in 2 Tim 4:17-18 be not God as the Father is whom He refers to in Gal 1:3-5

Then Paul is most guilty of giving the Fathers Glory to another who is not God, thus in violation of the principle here Isa 42:8

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

If Jesus Christ the Lord be not very God of Very God then Paul sinned grievously against God by attributing the very same Glory unto one less than The LORD !

Jesus is God !
Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Jesus Christ is:

The Lamb of God: (John 1:29,36; 1 Peter 1:19; Revelation 5:12,13; 6:1,16, 7:9,10,14,17; 12:11; 13:8,11; 14:1,4,10)

Son of man: (Matt 8:20; 9:6; 10:23; 11:19; 12:8,32,40; 13:37,41; 16:13,27,28; 17:19,12,22; 18:11; 19:28; 20:18,28; 24:27,30,37,39; 25:13,31; 26:2,24,45,64; Mark 2:10,28; 8:31,38; 9:9,12,31; 10:33,45; 13:26,34; 14:21,41,62; Luke 5:24; 6:5,22; 7:22,24,26,30; 18:8,31; 19:10; 21:27,36; 22:22,48,69,24:7; John 1:51, 3:13,14; 5:27; 6:27,53,62,8:28; 12:23,34,31; Acts 7:56; Rev 1:13, 14:14)

Son of God: Matt 4:3,6; 8:29, 14:33, 16:16, 26:63, 27:40,43,54; Mark 1:1, 3:11, 5:7,39; Luke 1:32,35; 4:3,9,41; 8:28; 22:70; John 1:18,34,49; 3:16,18,36; 5:25; 6:69; 9:35; 10:36; 11:4,27; 13:31; 19:7; 20:31; Acts 3:13,26; 8:37; 9:20; 13:33; Romans 1:4,9; 5:10; 8:3; 1 Co 1:9; 15:28; 2 Co 1:19; Galatians 2:20; 4:4,6; Eph 4:13; Heb 4:14; 6:6; 10:29; 2 Peter 1:17; 1 John 3:8, 4:9,10,15; 5:5,9-13,20; 2 John 1:3,9; Rev 2:18)

Our Intercession (intercessor-petitions God on our behalf) (Romans 8:27,34; Hebrews 7:25)

Our Mediator (negotiator between us and God) (Galatians 3:19,20; 1 Timothy 2:5)

Our high priest (Hebrews 4:14)

Our Propitiation (Romans 3:25; 1 John 4:10)

Our Reconciliation (Romans 5:10)

Our Peace (John 14:27; 16:33)

Our Justification (Acts 13:39; Romans 4:25; 5:8,9,16,18)

Our Redemption (1 Co 1:30; Galatians 3:13; 1 Peter 1:18,19)

Our Righteousness (Romans 3:21-26; Romans 4:5-23; 5:17-19; 1 Co 1:30)

Our Sanctification (1 Co 1:30; 1 Thess 4:2-4; 2 Thess 2:13; 1 Peter 1:2)

Jesus = God :confused:

Very nice. I like the fact that He's my righteousness. I'd be in major difficulty if He weren't.

Paul to the Corinthians says the Lord Jesus is 'made unto us ... righteousness' (1 Corinthians 1.30).

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back