Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Who is Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus and Ps 110 !

So how did Jesus view Ps 110 ? It is always wise to consider what He says on any given matter ! Matt 22:41-46

41While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

42Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

43He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

46And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

The Author writes:

Quote:
No interpretation of Psalm 110 is more authoritative than the Scriptural record of the words spoken by Jesus Christ. He was the promised Messiah about Whom the psalm was written. What did Psalm 110 mean to Christ? How did He interpret the words, “The Lord said unto my Lord�

Let us examine the exact words of Jesus Christ as Matthew was inspired to record them, and then look at the accounts in the Gospels of Mark and Luke.

Matthew’s Gospel, written in Greek for Greek-speaking Christians at Jerusalem ca. 50 A.D., quotes Christ as stating that the psalmist David wrote under the inspiration of the Spirit of God. Thus Psalm 110 carries the full authority of inspired Scripture! This psalm is not the mere musing of an uneducated shepherd boy who had become king of Israel. Psalm 110 expresses the very thoughts and words of God Himself.

In Christ’s quotation of Psalm 110 in the Gospel of Matthew, we find the Greek word Kurios, or Lord, used in place of the Old Testament name Jehovah. The Greek word Kurios, the equivalent of Jehovah, is also used in place of the name Adon. Here is New Testament confirmation that the name Jehovah applies equally to the Adon in Verse 1 of Psalm 110!

This use of Kurios in the Gospel of Matthew verifies the accuracy of Psalm 110 as written by David in the original Hebrew text. It was no slip of the pen when David described the divine Being in Verse 5 of Psalm 110 as “The Jehovah at Thy right hand.†Matthew’s record of Christ’s words shows that David correctly named the divine Being sitting to the right of Jehovah as another Jehovah. Jesus’ own words reveal that this Jehovah Who sits at the right hand of the first Jehovah is the Son of Jehovah. Here are the words of Christ Himself as recorded by Matthew:

“While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose Son is He? They say unto Him, The son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in Spirit call Him Lord [Greek Kurios, equivalent to Hebrew Jehovah], saying, The Lord [Greek Kurios, or Jehovah the Father] said unto my Lord [Greek Kurios, or Jehovah the Son], Sit Thou [the Son] on My right hand, till I [the Father] make Thine enemies Thy footstool? If David then call Him Lord [Greek Kurios, or Jehovah], how is He [the Messiah] his Son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions†(Mat. 22:41-46).

The Jews of Jesus’ day could not answer Jesus’ question because they were blinded to the truth that is revealed in Psalm 110. They had been misled by their religious leaders into believing that Jehovah was the name of a single divine Being. They were convinced that there was only one Jehovah in the entire Old Testament. After all, that was the teaching of the scribes and Pharisees. These religious leaders claimed that there could never be more than one divine Being. They viewed the prophesied Messiah strictly as a national deliverer and a physical descendant of King David.
I think it is worthy of Notice what the author states about the greek word kurious, the one Jesus chose to use, a word that it's Olt Testament counterpart is Jehovah, and as we see, Its used by Jesus to Identify adown in Ps 110:1

1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

That is very significant.

Also, when Jesus asked them the question:

Quote:
43He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
They became speechless ! I believe it was because, scripture, the psalms, which they had a high regard for [naturally] at this juncture seemed to Teach Two Jehovahs, of which they had never heard of before, but it is clear that at this point they were confounded, because they did not even offer a debate ! They just kinda like walked away in silence !

Quote:
Notice vs 46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
As much as men love to debate and ask questions, these had nothing to say !

That lets me know that at this time there was obviously a powerful influence over their minds !

Jesus is the God of Israel !

Jesus is the God of Israel, since scripture states that no man hath seen God [The Father] at any time, nor heard His voice Jn 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Jn 5:37

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Jn 6:46

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Now it cannot be said any plainer, that no man at anytime has seen the Father, nor heard His Voice !

However, men have seen and heard the God of Israel ! Ex 24:9-11

9Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

11And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

Yes, they saw Elohim of Israel. it could not have been the Father, So it was the Son, The Lord Jesus Christ whom they saw. Notice His Feet were paved work of sapphire stone.

John Gill writes:

Quote:
and this sight they had was not by a vision of prophecy, or with the eyes of their understanding, but corporeally; they saw the Son of God, the God of Israel, in an human form, as a pledge and presage of his future incarnation, who is the Angel that spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai, as Stephen says, and the Lord that was among the angels there, who afterwards became incarnate, and having done his work on earth, ascended on high, (Acts 7:38) (Psalms 68:17,18)
Thats who they saw with their own eyes, the Son of God, who in His Divine Essence is the very God of Israel !

1 Sam 5:11

So they sent and gathered together all the lords of the Philistines, and said, Send away the ark of the God of Israel, and let it go again to his own place, that it slay us not, and our people: for there was a deadly destruction throughout all the city; the hand of God was very heavy there.

1 Sam 6:3

And they said, If ye send away the ark of the God of Israel, send it not empty; but in any wise return him a trespass offering: then ye shall be healed, and it shall be known to you why his hand is not removed from you.

Joshua 22:16

Thus saith the whole congregation of the LORD, What trespass is this that ye have committed against the God of Israel, to turn away this day from following the LORD, in that ye have builded you an altar, that ye might rebel this day against the LORD?

1 Chron 4:10

And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Ps 68:35

O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.

Paul said Phil 4:113

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

For Christ is the same God of Israel who is said to give strength and power to His People, that strengthens Paul to do all things !

What moses saw in Ex 24 :10 was the Lord Jesus Christ in His form of God and the Fathers equal Phil 2:5-6

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

He was the God Man Mediator between God and Men 1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Thats who moses and the seventy saw, and yes He truly is the God of Israel !

Whose voice did the jews hear ?

Jn 5:37

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Jesus here had reference to the OT jews. When they heard a voice of God, or seen any form thereof, they seen nor heard the Father, but the Son as God !

For example Ex 15:26

And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

That would be the Son speaking, His Voice being heard, or else there is serious problems with Jesus statement in Jn 5:37

It had to be the Son Moses heard hear

Ex 19:9

And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee for ever. And Moses told the words of the people unto the LORD.

Also, it was the Son here who spoke to Abraham Gen 15:1

After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

Jesus also stated that no man has seen [The Father's] shape Jn 5:37

The word shape here is the greek word eidos and means:

the external or outward appearance, form figure, shape

2) form, kind

Now that covers a lot of territory, ,because there were many times the jews saw some kind of form of God, or some kind of outward and external appearance of Him ! See Ex 24:9-11

9Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:

10And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.

11And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.

Who will be as defiant to deny that some kind of external appearance of God was seen here ?

Who was it here that appeared to Abraham ? Gen 17:1

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

The fact that it is written that the LORD appeared denotes some kind of form, shape, outward appearance, for the word appear here is the hebrew word ra'ah and means:

to appear, present oneself

to be seen

to cause to see, show
to cause to look intently at, behold, cause to gaze at

to be visible

So the question is, in light of Jesus words in Jn 5:37

Who appeared to Abram in Gen 17:1 ?

Beware !

The Nicenist / Chalcedonian understanding of the Deity of Christ is corrupt, in that they teach and believe that the Deity of Jesus Christ, as the Eternal Logos Jn 1:1 was begotten out of the Father in precreative eternity, however that's teaching a begotten god theory, which is a mistake; However His Mediatoral Sonship was begotten of the Father in precreative eternity, which was confirmed into a Hypostatic Union with the Eternal Word, the Logos, which was no more begotten as the Father or the Spirit were ! Yes, Jesus had a eternally generated Sonship, but not in His Deity , but as the Surety and Head of the Elect, His Church !

Jesus is God because it is He that will conduct the Judgment seat of God Rom 14:10-12

10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

God is the Christ of vs 10 ;

Also we have the Judgment seat of Christ here 2 Cor 510

10For we must all [saved & unsaved] appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Cp Rev 20:12

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

This will Top off His Exaltation, when all men will confess His Deity, that He is LORD Jehovah !

Look at Phil 2:10

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Cp Rom 14:11

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord[Jehovah], to the glory of God the Father. CP

Isa 45:23

22Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

24Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

Now this Judgment Rom 14:10-12 will be for the both, saved and unsaved, The 1000 yr millennium is over, for it lasted from the Ascension of Christ until His Second Coming, Now all Nations will be gathered before Him Matt 25:31-33

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Thats the Judgment Seat of God Almighty, Of Christ, the Great White Throne Judgment !

I make all things New !

Rev 21:1-5

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

We know Jesus is God, because it is He that promised " Behold I make all things New" sitting upon His Throne !

The alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end !

I agree that JC rocks. I have been having trouble defending him as of late now that I am in high school... Perhaps I can get some solid advice to prove these guys that Christ was the son of GOD.

They brought up this quote the other day and I denied that Jesus said it! It made me look really foolish, especially the next day when I could not justify Christ's words. Please help!

Matthew 10:34-37 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And man's foes shall be they of his own household.":study

We pick RICK!

Why did the jews have a law, and that according to it, Jesus saying that He was the Son of God, therefore he should be stoned ? Jn 19:7

7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

He forgave sins !

Jesus is God in His Divine Nature because He had the prerogative to forgive sins, which none have but God !

Lk 5:21

And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

A lesser Being than God is not qualified to forgive sins against God. Jesus as God Man told the woman taken in Adultery this Jn 8:10-11

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

What matter if Christ did not condemn her if He was not God altogether ? Adultery is against the Law out of the Mouth of God Ex 20:14

14Thou shalt not commit adultery.

What about Hebrews 13:4

4Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

God who ? All Judgment is handed over to the Son Jn 5:22

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

It has to be God the Son of God !

Isa 43:25

25I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Now, notice, God has not changed, this statement has not changed, and God says that He has blotted out Transgressions for whose Sake ? For His own Sake !

Now the NT reads Eph 4:32

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Now if God is not also Christ, then He must change what He said in Isa 43:25

All sin is against God Dan 9:9

9To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;

Only the One who made the law can forgive sin ! Jesus Christ the Mediator is said to have made Col 1:16

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The word powers is the greek word exousia and means:

power of choice, liberty of doing as one pleases

a) leave or permission

2) physical and mental power

a) the ability or strength with which one is endued, which he either possesses or exercises

3) the power of authority (influence) and of right (privilege)

4) the power of rule or government (the power of him whose will and commands must be submitted to by others and obeyed)

a) universally

1) authority over mankind

The Law Ex 20 was made by Him, He is the Lord of the law, Thats why Jesus said on one occasion Matt 12:8

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. Jesus was saying, look you foolish people, I Made the law of the Sabbath Day, and know what it is for ! See Matt 12:1-7 also !

And for you greek scholars, when Jesus said that the Son of man is the Lord of the sabbath day, in the greek it's in the present tense, for He was not going to be the Lord of the Sabbath day as some believe He was not Lord until Acts 2:36, After His ascension, but as He spoke to those jews, He was then being the Lord of the Sabbath, He created that Day for His own Purpose !

Jesus is God because the Ultimate goal for the Church is to be presented before Him as God without Fault ! This He accomplished by His Work as God Man !

Eph 5:25-27

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Jude 1:24-25

24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory[Jn 17:24] with exceeding joy,

25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jesus is God, that's who He is !

Jesus is God and bears witness to it !

The Lord Jesus Christ bears record of Himself as the One True God in this OT scripture that is about Salvation Isa 45:22

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

For there is no difference here than Paul's imperative to the Jailor Acts 16:31

31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. or Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Even the OT Saints looked with Faith to the Blood of Christ for their Salvation Rom 3:24-26

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Yes, Jesus Christ is that God speaking in Isa 45:22. If we receive not this Testimony, chances are we are yet in our sins.

The Holy Spirit gave Testimony to the Deity of Christ by way of the Prophets, for they spoke as moved by Him 2 Pet 1:21

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Speaking thusly they wrote of Christ Isa 9:6

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Calling Him " The Mighty God" a title for God Himself Isa 10:20-21

20And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

21The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

It is even more to our peril when we do not receive the witness of the Spirit of God of the Deity of Christ, that He is God !

The Lord Jesus Christ is God because to Him is ascribed the same blessedness as to the Father Paul writes of the Father Phil 4:20

Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Paul ascribes the same to Jesus Christ 2 Tim 4:17-18

17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jacob on his death bed acknowledges the Divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ as the Angel that Blessed him and delivered him from evil, and so he desired this same Angel to bless the lads before him, this Jacob wold not have desired of a mere created Angel, but this was the Preincarnate Christ, the Son of God who is very God of very God Gen 48:13-16

13 And Joseph took them both, Ephraim in his right hand toward Israel's left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand toward Israel's right hand, and brought them near unto him.

14 And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.

15 And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day,

16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

Today Christ, the Angel of the Covenant shall deliver His Saints from evil work 2 Tim 4:18

18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jacob's request of the Angel was that He would Bless the lads to walk before God as their forefathers did, Abraham and Isaac, that is a walk of Faith Gen 17:1-2

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

Of course we need not speculate whom the Angel is that Jacob refers to that he acknowledges that delivered him from evil ! Remember when Jacob was moved with fear he thought his brother esau was after him to kill him ? Gen 32:24-38

24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

We know from subsequent scripture that this man was an Angel Hosea 12:2-4

The Lord hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.

3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;

This is the Angel that Jacob refers to in Gen 48:16

16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

This Angel is God Incarnate, the Son of God, who Jacob recognizes as God Almighty !

Christ is the Almighty

Rev 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

The word Almighty here is the greek word pantokratōr:

he who holds sway over all things

2) the ruler of all

3) almighty: God

Sometimes we can make a statement about something, and by making it, affirm a Truth. God the Father affirms that His Son is God clearly in Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

And the same Truth is affirmed in Matt 28:19, when it is declared that All Power has been given to Him in Heaven and Earth. Matt 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

This means that He is the same God that is described in Dan 4:34-35

34 And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation:

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Who exercises Sovereign Dominion in the Army of Heaven and among the inhabitants of the Earth See Jn 17:2 also !

For God to give any one Being that kind of Sovereign reign, is nothing short of God acknowledging again His Son as God like in Heb 1:8, for the Father Himself has no more Sovereignty and Power than the Son, for if the Son has been Given All Power, then How can the Father have more than All Power ? Jn 5:19

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.[/B]

The Son can do anything the Father can do ! So how is the Father More Superior in His Deity than the Son in His Deity ? Rev 11:16-17 is teaching that Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty Rev 11:16-17

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Notice vs 17 , what is said of the Lord God Almighty ? that He hath reigned by His Great Power ! Now I believe this is referring to the end, and scripture is quite clear who reigns up unto the end Matt 28:18-19

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Also 1 Cor 15:23-25

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he [Christ] must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

It is Christ who began reigning from His Ascension until the End, so Christ must be the Lord God Almighty of Rev 11:17

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

Ye believe in God, Believe also in Me !

Jn 14:1

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Jesus with such a statement could not but thought Himself God, on the same exact level as God, and even commanded His Followers to believe in Him as the believe in God the Father ! So if He is not God, He is a Blasphemer, and directed His followers to commit Idolatry !

When Jesus said He is the Truth, He Identified Himself as the One and Only God of Truth Isa 65:16

16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

Jn 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

In the greek it is I am h alhqeia, He is the One and Only Truth, which only God can be !

Rev 3:14

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The Amen ? What does this mean ? The word amen . Its a word that denotes absolute Confidence and Trust, and Only God is worthy of such ! Ps 2:12

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him[As God].

Ps 4:5

Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

Ps 9:10

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Rev 4:11 compared to Col 1:16 reveals that Christ is God !

Rev 4:11

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Whereas Col 1:16 says

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

That's plain as the noon day sun !

Rev 4:11 compared to Col 1:16 reveals that Christ is God !

Rev 4:11

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Whereas Col 1:16 says

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

That's plain as the noon day sun !

Excellent on this we agree. Jesus is the Son of God and He died that we might live and that we might know His Father.

Christ the Lord

Col 2:6

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

In the greek its ton Xriston Ihsoun ton kurion, The Christ Jesus,The LORD, they embraced Him as both God and Man, their King, perhaps allusion is made to Isa 33:22

22 For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; he will save us.

Which looks back to Isa 32:1

Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment.

Excellent on this we agree. Jesus is the Son of God and He died that we might live and that we might know His Father.

You and i have nothing in common, we do not believe in the same God nor the same Christ !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back