Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

WHO IS THE RULER OF THE EARTH?

What is interesting is in Revelation the Devil was given power over the believers to defeat them for 3.5 years. That was a terrible time for believers where hundreds were killed. But it only lasted a short time. What is interesting is that the Devil was given power to do this. He did not take it nor initiate that. If the world is in his power, he would not have to be given it and only for a limited time. This also show that he is no longer the spiritual power controlling the world.

People give themselves to him and so they are in his power, true. If that is "the world" then it could be said to be so. They submit to him and so he has power over them. Even then, if they repent, that power can be broken.

Jesus has all authority and so Satan no longer has control. He can influence but he is not in control. How can he have control when the children of God can cast him down and out, if we will take up the weapons of our warfare to do so? The gates of hell will not prevail against the believers. He has lost.

He does continue to steal, kill and destroy and motivate those who will to do evil. That is true. But we have authority and so he has been judged and Jesus is triumph. The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord. Satan is defeated. He is not a god of this world anymore. He is a spiritual force in this world, but he has no authority except what men give him, which means he is weakened.
How do you explain
Matthew 4:8
8Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9“I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.”

How do you give away something that does not belong to you?

How do you explain
Matthew 4:8
8Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9“I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.”

How do you give away something that does not belong to you?
Easy. That was before the Cross. Jesus said all authority has been given to him after the cross. The crucifixion and resurrection was pivotal in human history.

What is interesting is in Revelation the Devil was given power over the believers to defeat them for 3.5 years. That was a terrible time for believers where hundreds were killed.

The great tribulation is coming soon.

The great tribulation is coming soon.
Ah, it is over and done but that is for a different discussion. Just thought I would mention that satan cannot be the ruler of this world if he has to be given permission to defeat the believers.

Pretty interesting discussion....I think the viewpoint is significant. If one thinks Jesus is king, then one sets about living differently than if one thinks the Devil is king. If I think the world belongs to King Jesus, then I pray differently than if I think it belongs to the Devil, perhaps.

Easy. That was before the Cross. Jesus said all authority has been given to him after the cross. The crucifixion and resurrection was pivotal in human history.
I'm considering everything you post as we discuss.

How about
1 Corinthians 15:24
22Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.
23But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.
24After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power.

OK, he was cast out so no more the ruler of this world

That was before the crucifixion.

Demoted to the the prince of the power of the air

No longer in power or a toothless lion...can still deceive but has less power than the believers do

He still can deceive although that does not take power or rulership.

So thanks, very useful input.
Satan only has power and rules over those who are worldly and none of God's own as he deceives the minds of those who walk in disobedience to God's commands. Who do you believe it was that tempted Adam and Eve in the beginning and will continue until He is cast into the lake of fire?

Pretty interesting discussion....I think the viewpoint is significant. If one thinks Jesus is king, then one sets about living differently than if one thinks the Devil is king. If I think the world belongs to King Jesus, then I pray differently than if I think it belongs to the Devil, perhaps.
Actually, it helps me to understand why there's so much misery in the world.

That sounds good to me.
Charles Spurgeon was reformed.
Not too many reformed on here, but you'll find them eventually.
See you around!
Spurgeon was reformed. I lean towards reformed. I have come to see this site is mostly Pentecostal/charismatic and Catholic.

I know everyone frowns on Calvinism and the Sovereignty of God in all things. But we all claim to be Christians and that is what matters to me being here.

I have my own upside down smile with Pentecostal/charismatic and Catholic teachings. I was raised Roman Catholic, alter boy. Ha.

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:
OK, he was cast out so no more the ruler of this world

That was before the crucifixion.

Demoted to the the prince of the power of the air

No longer in power or a toothless lion...can still deceive but has less power than the believers do

He still can deceive although that does not take power or rulership.

So thanks, very useful input.
Are you saying demon-possessed people are not ruled by satan?

You do not answer my posts anymore, so I do not expect an answer.

Jesus has all authority and so Satan no longer has control. He can influence but he is not in control. How can he have control when the children of God can cast him down and out, if we will take up the weapons of our warfare to do so? The gates of hell will not prevail against the believers. He has lost.

He does continue to steal, kill and destroy and motivate those who will to do evil. That is true. But we have authority and so he has been judged and Jesus is triumph. The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord. Satan is defeated. He is not a god of this world anymore. He is a spiritual force in this world, but he has no authority except what men give him, which means he is weakened.
Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

These two verses, plus the ones I and wondering posted, we see that Satan, being the god of this world, the power of the air has all power to try and destroy that which is of God. Satan is only the god of those who have no faith in God or His Son Christ Jesus as being prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Ephesians 2:2-3.

Satan's greatest playground is that of trying to rule our mind.

Satan is the ruler/god of this world over all evil that is found in the hearts of man as they walk after the lust of the flesh. From the beginning when he tempted Adam and Eve to fall and will continue until Christ returns and then will be cast into the lake of fire.

Spurgeon was reformed. I lean towards reformed. I have come to see this site is mostly Pentecostal/charismatic and Catholic.

I know everyone frowns on Calvinism and the Sovereignty of God in all things. But we all claim to be Christians and that is what matters to me being here.

I have my own upside down smile with Pentecostal/charismatic and Catholic teachings. I was raised Roman Catholic, alter boy. Ha.

Grace and peace to you.
Agreed.
I just want to say that every Christian believes God is sovereign.
I don't know what I am.
Maybe non denominational.
Don't seem to fit anywhere.

I just thought about this important verse.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

It's not until the sounding of the seventh trumpet that the world will become God's once more for ever and ever. This shows that for now Satan is the ruling/god power over the world.

Back