Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Bible Study Whom do I need to pray to for being saved? Either Jehovah or Jesus?

Since this is a key foundational building block of our faith, the enemy seems to attack this doctrine of truth the most viciously.

Though I have used a dozen or more scriptures that plainly refer to Jesus Christ as YHWH the Lord God, they are denied and explained away by those who choose to disobey the Gospel, by confessing Jesus as Lord.

There are those who would twist this scripture, to their own destruction, to mean that Lord is a reference to man, and not God.

15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:16-18

This same Paul that Peter refers to in this epistle, says in his own epistle to Titus, when referring to the Lord -

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. Titus 2:11-14

Paul plainly states that Jesus Christ is our great God. In addition, He also refers to Jesus as YHWH, in this same passage, by hard-linking Him as both Savior and Redeemer, which is an old testament reference to The God of Israel, YHWH the Lord God.

• For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; Isaiah 43:3
  • Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: Isaiah 43:14
So, with that said, I will not use a "non biblical" term such as Trinity, in my post's.

I use Godhead or Elohim.

JLB
Hello JLB

It's no wonder I can't understand what's going on. I'll just sit this one out because the misunderstandings are beyond what I can handle.

Jesus as Yahweh. Yahweh is God the Creator, God the Almighty, God the Father. Yahweh is a title given to this God. The Great I AM. The Great I Am does not have a name. He is great and the creator - who would be around to give Him a name?? He is non-created but always was. I AM. Encompassing all time frames.

You like Elohim. That's great. So do I. But I'm sure you know that Elohim is a plural word. El is God and Elohim is a plural for God. A plural for what? Maybe the Trinity?

Which you won't use because it's a non-biblical term. This is also interesting.

Do you believe in hell? Hell is a non-biblical term. Check it out. It appears only one time in the whole bible and it's in 2 Peter 2:4, the word would be tartarus (Greek) and is referring to a place where fallen angels await judgment.
Everywhere else it's a mistranslation for Sheol or Hades (Hebrew and Greek) which was just a grave or a place for the non-living.

Herein lies the problem if you don't accept the biblical term "trinity". How do you explain a thing if you don't name it? How do you explain a house if you don't name it. You could talk about windows, and rugs, and doors - but the whole never becomes a picture.

Trinity is a good word. It means 3. God is ONE. He is Yahweh. He iis the Son. He is the Holy Spirit. 3 persons but one nature. Then Jesus is born. He's man. But He's God too. 100% of each.

So in the O.T. God said that HE HIMSELF would save man. Ezekiel, Jeremiah. You know your bible, I'm not quoting. And, indeed, God Himself DID come to save His people and the rest of the world that was grafted in. The Old Covenant meets the New Covenant. Jesus Christ, the annointed One, the Messiah. But also God. The Son. The second person of the trinity become man.

Now in a way you could say Jesus is Yahweh because all three are One, and in the One are all three. However, each is also a distinct person with His own traits and attributes, so it's really not correct to call Jesus Yahweh.
Jesus is a name which does have a meaning: God saves. His title is Emmanuel (God with us). Complicated going...
Yahweh is a title - to repeat. You cannot give Jesus the title of Yahweh. That title belongs to the Great I AM.

Accepting the non-biblical term Trinity makes everything easier to understand and explain.
My opinion. But it's not really an opinion. It's CHRISTianity.

Wondering
P.S. As you must know, Lord can have different meanings. It could be referring to a man, to Jesus or to God the Father or Elohim as you would say. It would require a minor bible study every time you come across the word --

Last edited:
Jesus as Yahweh. Yahweh is God the Creator, God the Almighty, God the Father. Yahweh is a title given to this God. The Great I AM. The Great I Am does not have a name. He is great and the creator - who would be around to give Him a name?? He is non-created but always was. I AM. Encompassing all time frames.

Jesus is YHWH, the Great I Am, the great God and Savior, whose Name is above every Name,

John 8:58
Titus 2:13
Philippians 2:9

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

He is the Lord God who is coming with the saints, at the end of the age to Judge the Living and the dead.

Zechariah 14:5
Jude 14-15
Matthew 24:30-31
1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:3
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
2 Timothy 4:1
Matthew 25:31-46

JLB

Jesus is YHWH, the Great I Am, the great God and Savior, whose Name is above every Name,

John 8:58
Titus 2:13
Philippians 2:9

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

He is the Lord God who is coming with the saints, at the end of the age to Judge the Living and the dead.

Zechariah 14:5
Jude 14-15
Matthew 24:30-31
1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:3
2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
2 Timothy 4:1
Matthew 25:31-46

JLB
I agree that Jesus is the One who is coming with the saints at the end of the age to judge the living and the dead.
I believe that each one is God and God is each one: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

I believe Jesus is the great God and Savior.
I believe His name is above every name.

In fact, it would be good to read all of Philippians 2:1-11. Read what it says just after Jesus' name being above all names ( it does refer to Jesus as a NAME):

that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Seems like it's two different persons being spoken of: J.C. is LORD to the glory of God the Father. So if J.C. is the Lord, how could He also be the Father?
But the two are one: Nice trap, but I'm not falling in! (Trinity again).

But I don't agree that we can call Jesus Yahweh.

Wondering

I agree that Jesus is the One who is coming with the saints at the end of the age to judge the living and the dead.
I believe that each one is God and God is each one: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

I believe Jesus is the great God and Savior.
I believe His name is above every name.

In fact, it would be good to read all of Philippians 2:1-11. Read what it says just after Jesus' name being above all names ( it does refer to Jesus as a NAME):

that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Seems like it's two different persons being spoken of: J.C. is LORD to the glory of God the Father. So if J.C. is the Lord, how could He also be the Father?

Wondering
Jesus is not the Father as He taught He is Gods SON. I may have missed it but I don't recall any in this thread stating Jesus is just a man.
Jesus and the Father are one in the manner HE taught.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

How then can Jesus be God? =>The fullness was pleased to dwell IN Him. Such fullness includes all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Its was the Fathers words in Jesus and through the prophets that is why Jesus stated those that believe His words believe the One who sent Him. And in regard to the Holy Spirit bearing witness He speaks what He hears not on His own in like manner to the Son. That is those who listen and learn from the FATHER go to the Son.

Hebrews=>
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Rev=>
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Jesus is the word of the Father. (God)

Peter's faith confession=>
When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah (Christ) the Son of the living God.”

17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you that you are Peter,b and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hadesc will not overcome it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will bed bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will bee loosed in heaven.” 20Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Randy

Wondering

I haven't seen anyone yet who claims Jesus Christ is God the Father.

You said you believe Jesus is the Lord God who is coming with His Saints, yet you say you don't agree we can call Him YHWH.

YHWH is the Lord God who is coming with His saints.

Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

Lord God in this verse is YHWH Elohim.

Jesus stated to the Jews:

Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” John 8:58

Jesus plainly made this statement that immediately caused this reaction in the Jews, to whom He spoke these words...

Then they took up stones to throw at Him; John 8:59

JLB

I haven't seen anyone yet who claims Jesus Christ is God the Father.

You said you believe Jesus is the Lord God who is coming with His Saints, yet you say you don't agree we can call Him YHWH.

YHWH is the Lord God who is coming with His saints.

Thus the Lord my God will come, And all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

Lord God in this verse is YHWH Elohim.

Jesus stated to the Jews:

Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” John 8:58

Jesus plainly made this statement that immediately caused this reaction in the Jews, to whom He spoke these words...

Then they took up stones to throw at Him; John 8:59

JLB
I'm having a problem with this entire thread because it's getting away from the Trinity and that causes problems - theological problems.

I'll say again that I believe in the Holy Trinity. That means that God is ONE. He is one God with 1 nature but they are shown in 3 persons. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

Jesus was able to say John 8:58 because He is God, He was before time, just like The Father was. Because the Father is in The Son and The Son is in God and V V and ditto for the Holy Spirit.

Saying that I believe in the Holy Trinity should be enough without my trying to explain it. It's a regular, normal, Christian doctrine that should require no explanation.

I do say, however, that I don't like calling Jesus Yahweh because Yahweh is NOT a name but a TITLE.
That TITLE belongs to God the Father.

You must know that Jesus also has a title. Emmanuel. Check out Mathew 1:23 and Isaiah 7:14.
So why wasn't Jesus named Emmanuel? Why was He named Jesus?
Because Emmanuel means God With Us. It's His title. His name is Jesus.
Ditto for Yahweh.

Jesus is the one coming with His angels. From the same place they saw Jesus ascend, from there will He return.
It's Jesus returning. In the "person" of Jesus, not in the person of Yahweh. Although they're both God. Acts 1:11.

Plus words were translated incorrectly from the Hebrew to the Greek because they didn't understand God the same way the Jews did. We can't get too hung up on this stuff. Apart from the fact that the Trinity is very difficult to understand - I never met anyone who really understands it.

Also, regarding your very first sentence re never having met anyone who thinks Jesus Christ is the Father - that's because Jesus was human, it's THE SON who is the second person of the Trinity. THE SON comes down from heaven as Jesus. While Jesus is on earth, the Son is still in existence, the Son never ceases to be. But Jesus is 100% man and 100% God. The Son is also The Father and is also the Holy Spiirit. Jesus, as a human, was limited to what the Father willed for Him.

Yahweh would be God the Father coming with the saints. Is this what you believe??

It's complicated.

Wondering

Yahweh would be God the Father coming with the saints. Is this what you believe??

If you have read anything I have posted, you would not be asking me this question.

Jesus Christ is Lord. There is one Lord, YHWH, and He is God.

• looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13
The same Lord God of Israel, YHWH, that is the Savior in the old testament, became flesh and took our place on the cross, and paid the penalty for our sin, which he bare in His own body. He is our great God and Savior.
  • His Name is Jesus.
  • He is the Son of God.
  • He is our Savior.
  • He is coming with the saints.
Please point out the phrase that I used that would lead you to believe, that I think God the Father is coming with the saints.

Jesus Christ is the Lord, YHWH, who will come with the saints.

The only begotten Son, has the same name as the Father.

JLB

If you have read anything I have posted, you would not be asking me this question.

Jesus Christ is Lord. There is one Lord, YHWH, and He is God.

• looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13
The same Lord God of Israel, YHWH, that is the Savior in the old testament, became flesh and took our place on the cross, and paid the penalty for our sin, which he bare in His own body. He is our great God and Savior.
  • His Name is Jesus.
  • He is the Son of God.
  • He is our Savior.
Please point out the phrase that I used that would lead you to believe, that I think God the Father is coming with the saints.

Jesus Christ is the Lord, YHWH, who will come with the saints.

The only begotten Son, has the same name as the Father.

JLB
I'm sorry JLB
I did read your previous post carefully. Like I said though, I am having some difficulty with this thread.
I know you understand that it's Yahweh coming with the angels at the end times.
The reason I was asking you the question is that if you read all of my answer, then you'd have to answer my question with a NO, instead you answer it with a YES, which means that you don't accept Yahweh as a title but as a name.

Basically what I'm saying is that, I THINK, we're on agreement except for this one title thing. How to show it's a title? I wouldn't know. It seems to be common knowledge. I believe one would have to know Hebrew really well and I don't.

Every time you see the word LORD or GOD in the O.T. you'd have to stop and get a Hebrew translation and do a little study on the word. I think I mentioned this.

Now I won't ever do that because to me ONE is ALL and ALL is ONE and so it makes no difference to me.

However, if you want to understand what I'm speaking of, and maybe you already do, you could do a little study on Psalm 110:1
Most of my bibles say "the Lord said to my Lord". Okay. But in the Hebrew the word for "Lord" is different in each case. The first Lord means God, Yahweh. The second Lord means master. I got this from Young's Literal Translation but you can check out any Jewish site to find the difference.

By prefiguring we take this to mean that Lord, God said to Lord, Jesus as our master. Which is fine - but we could know the actual meaning too without taking anything away from the original.

We like to think that Jesus is the perfect Lamb of God like in Exodus 11/12. But in Exodus they were speaking of a real lamb. I see it as being the same.

My knowledge is limited and this is the best I can do.

I only know that it is God Jesus coming with the angels
Not God Yahweh.
Acts 1:11 specifically states that it is Jesus who will return.

You state:

• His Name is Jesus.
  • He is the Son of God.
  • He is our Savior.

The phrase I could point out that makes me believe you think it's God the Father coming with the saints is because you use the word Yahweh to refer to who it is that's coming back with the angels instead of the name Jesus, which is the name used in Acts 1:11. Otherwise I agree with all you've posted.

Did you ever read a book called The Shack?

W

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with this entire thread because it's getting away from the Trinity and that causes problems - theological problems.

I'll say again that I believe in the Holy Trinity. That means that God is ONE. He is one God with 1 nature but they are shown in 3 persons. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

Jesus was able to say John 8:58 because He is God, He was before time, just like The Father was. Because the Father is in The Son and The Son is in God and V V and ditto for the Holy Spirit.

Saying that I believe in the Holy Trinity should be enough without my trying to explain it. It's a regular, normal, Christian doctrine that should require no explanation.

I do say, however, that I don't like calling Jesus Yahweh because Yahweh is NOT a name but a TITLE.
That TITLE belongs to God the Father.

You must know that Jesus also has a title. Emmanuel. Check out Mathew 1:23 and Isaiah 7:14.
So why wasn't Jesus named Emmanuel? Why was He named Jesus?
Because Emmanuel means God With Us. It's His title. His name is Jesus.
Ditto for Yahweh.

Jesus is the one coming with His angels. From the same place they saw Jesus ascend, from there will He return.
It's Jesus returning. In the "person" of Jesus, not in the person of Yahweh. Although they're both God. Acts 1:11.

Plus words were translated incorrectly from the Hebrew to the Greek because they didn't understand God the same way the Jews did. We can't get too hung up on this stuff. Apart from the fact that the Trinity is very difficult to understand - I never met anyone who really understands it.

Also, regarding your very first sentence re never having met anyone who thinks Jesus Christ is the Father - that's because Jesus was human, it's THE SON who is the second person of the Trinity. THE SON comes down from heaven as Jesus. While Jesus is on earth, the Son is still in existence, the Son never ceases to be. But Jesus is 100% man and 100% God. The Son is also The Father and is also the Holy Spiirit. Jesus, as a human, was limited to what the Father willed for Him.

It's complicated.

Wondering
Jesus as Firstborn was before the world began and certainly before Abraham was born. His reply was to those who chalanged Jesus claim that He knew Abraham as they stated He wasn't even 50 years old.

God the Father will remain in Heaven until the 1000 year period has expired. That 1000 year period starts at the 2nd coming. Then the New Jerusalem and God will come down to dwell with man. It is Jesus who will raise us up on the last day. That is His Fathers will. (Command)

Jesus calls the Father the One true God. If Jesus always was and always was God how then do YOU believe in One God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit" ?

Randy

Jesus as Firstborn was before the world began and certainly before Abraham was born. His reply was to those who chalanged Jesus claim that He knew Abraham as they stated He wasn't even 50 years old.

God the Father will remain in Heaven until the 1000 year period has expired. That 1000 year period starts at the 2nd coming. Then the New Jerusalem and God will come down to dwell with man. It is Jesus who will raise us up on the last day. That is His Fathers will. (Command)

Jesus calls the Father the One true God. If Jesus always was and always was God how then do YOU believe in One God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit" ?

Randy

I agree with your first pp.

I won't comment on pp two because it gets into Daniel, Revelation, the trib and all that and I'm jut not cut out for this stuff. Although I do believe that one day after the 2nd coming, heaven will be on earth just as you say. The lion will lie with the lamb, etc. I just can't speak to it with any amount of intelligence.

As far as your 3rd and last pp -
I answered this in post no. 346 and really can't do better. Here it is again:

...that's because Jesus was human, it's THE SON who is the second person of the Trinity. THE SON comes down from heaven as Jesus. While Jesus is on earth, the Son is still in existence, the Son never ceases to be. But Jesus is 100% man and 100% God. The Son is also The Father and is also the Holy Spiirit. Jesus, as a human, was limited to what the Father willed for Him.

When Jesus was on earth, He was still God and still man, but He was limited. He cried for Jerusalem as a man would. He forgave sin as God would. But He said in Mathew 24:36 that even HE could not know when the end would come but only the Father. He was limited. And how about when Jesus calls Himself the "Son of Man" as in Mathew 24:30. He is THE SON, but now the Son of Man since He was born of woman and is living on earth.

So it's no problem for me that He said from the cross, Father into Thy hands... Many times Jesus referred to the Father as a different being. He was speaking as Jesus and not as the Son, the 2nd person of the Trinity. He was on earth and referring to our Father in heaven.

It seems easy to me. I believe in ONE GOD, Deuteronomy 6:4, but in 3 persons. It's called the Holy Trinity.

Do you believe in 3 gods?
Do you believe Jesus is the 2nd person?
And that He is God?

W

The phrase I could point out that makes me believe you think it's God the Father coming with the saints is because you use the word Yahweh to refer to who it is that's coming back with the angels instead of the name Jesus, which is the name used in Acts 1:11.

I never used the man made word; Yahweh

It stated clearly that Jesus is YHWH, the Lord God who is coming with the saints.

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” Then they took up stones to throw at Him;
John 8:58-59

Thus the Lord [YHWH] my God will come, and all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

The same Lord, YHWH who said; I AM, will come with His saints.

JLB

Jesus as Firstborn was before the world began and certainly before Abraham was born.

Amen

God the Father will remain in Heaven until the 1000 year period has expired.

Amen

That 1000 year period starts at the 2nd coming. Then the New Jerusalem and God will come down to dwell with man. It is Jesus who will raise us up on the last day. That is His Fathers will. (Command)

Amen

Jesus calls the Father the One true God.

Amen

If Jesus always was and always was God how then do YOU believe in One God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit" ?

The Man Jesus Christ was made a little lower than the angels.

Jesus calling His Father the One true God, does not mean He is not the One true God together with Him.

The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit are the One true God.

YHWH Elohim.

YHWH Elohim said: Let US make man in Our Image. Genesis 1:26

JLB

Jesus as Firstborn was before the world began and certainly before Abraham was born.

Amen

God the Father will remain in Heaven until the 1000 year period has expired.

Amen

That 1000 year period starts at the 2nd coming. Then the New Jerusalem and God will come down to dwell with man. It is Jesus who will raise us up on the last day. That is His Fathers will. (Command)

Amen

Jesus calls the Father the One true God.

Amen

If Jesus always was and always was God how then do YOU believe in One God for Jesus stated on the cross, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit" ?

Jesus calling His Father the One true God, does not mean He is not the One true God together with Him.

YHWH Elohim.

JLB

Amen
Amen

Amen

Amen

YHWH Elohim.

JLB

JLB

I agree with everything you've said above.
So, apparently, there's some communication going on here where we actually are saying the same thing (maybe) but using different words.

If we would use the term Holy Trinity it would make speaking a lot easier, but I see it's not being done for whatever reason.

So I'm good with everything you say in your post 354 - if I've understood it correctly.

The name Yhwh is creating some difficulties. Whatever. As long as someone comes back with those angels - I guess we'll have to leave it at that. I guess Acts 1:11 doesn't mean much and you like John 8:58-59 a lot.

Good. Praise God. I pray all would come to know Him. The Great I AM.
Wondering

Walk till you run
And don't look back
For HERE
I AM

Amen

YHWH Elohim.

JLB

Father into your hands I commit "My Spirit" You did note Jesus has His own spirit? You do note there is only one God. The question then is how can there be only one God and Jesus also be God? The answer isn't that Jesus always was and always was God but that Jesus is Gods firstborn and His God was pleased to have His fullness dwell in His Son. "The fullness was pleased to dwell in Him"

I believe Jesus uses truth and God has always been His God and His Father. Hence Jesus has always been the Son. The firstborn of all creation or every creature.

But about the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”[e]

The Son that was (His spirit) was in the tent of the fully human body God prepared for Him. Jesus was not emptied of the Father. It was the Father in the Son doing His work. And when Jesus was baptized the fullness of the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord came down from above and remained upon Jesus.

Jesus=>The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me.......
Matt 12
Then he (Jesus) said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. 14But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

God’s Chosen Servant

15Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. A large crowd followed him, and he healed all who were ill. 16He warned them not to tell others about him. 17This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:

18“Here is my servant whom I have chosen,

the one I love, in whom I delight;

I will put my Spirit on him,

and he will proclaim justice to the nations. (with light comes hope but also accountability)

19He will not quarrel or cry out;

no one will hear his voice in the streets.

20A bruised reed he will not break,

and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out,

till he has brought justice through to victory.

21In his name the nations will put their hope.”b

Jesus willed and the Holy Spirit acted as God had granted Jesus that authority. Indeed God has given Jesus a place (glorified) on His own throne. Even so Jesus abides within the framework of the Fathers will and remains in the Fathers love for Jesus always does what pleases the Father (His God and His Father Our God and Our Father) You have but one Father and He is in heaven. Despite the let us create man in our image... Its Gods Holy Spirit that performs at the will of the mind of the Spirit. The Father as its His Spirit and the Son as Jesus has been granted by the Father to have life in Himself and all authority in heaven and earth.

Randy

Father into your hands I commit "My Spirit" You did note Jesus has His own spirit?

Peter teaches us the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of YHWH, the Lord God, who spoke through the mouth of the prophets.

searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:11

Here is an example of the Spirit of Christ speaking through an old testament prophet:

The burden of the word of the Lord against Israel. Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: 10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced... Zechariah 12:1,10

Jesus' Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, is the Spirit of the Lord.

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

JLB

But about the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”[e]

This teaches us that Christ is both Son and God.

JLB

Jesus willed and the Holy Spirit acted as God had granted Jesus that authority.

The Father willed, The Son spoke, and acted, the Holy Spirit brought to pass what the Son said and did.

JLB

If we would use the term Holy Trinity it would make speaking a lot easier, but I see it's not being done for whatever reason.

The reason I don't use the term Trinity, is it is not a biblical term, and has been misunderstood and misapplied.

I use the term Godhead, or Elohim [Hebrew- plural for God H430].

I guess Acts 1:11 doesn't mean much and you like John 8:58-59 a lot.

Share with me your thoughts about Acts 1:11 and how it applies.

11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” Acts 1:11

JLB

Back