Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Why are we so holy when we are in church?

Well, I don't have a problem with the idea of women in church with pants. (Not worth my while to be, not that I would be anyway...) :)

Most of us mind out Ps & Qs when in formal settings such as Church, funerals, weddings and the like. Sometimes I believe people feel more "judged" in Church than when they are outside the Church doors. In my opinion many have good reason to feel that way. I was talking to a young mother of 5 boys today who got off facebook because too many women in her Church used it to bash people who were not up to their standards. I feel bad this young mother. I hate legalism and judgmentalism.

I don't like long skirts. It makes a woman kind of clumsy and Old-Fashioned (not all tho). I prefer decent short skirts that can make her move about freely. I work with darting females and males. Short skirt does not make a lady less a woman nor does long skirt make a lady more a woman. Look smart! Dart freely!! Freedom!!!

I don't like long skirts. It makes a woman kind of clumsy and Old-Fashioned (not all tho). I prefer decent short skirts that can make her move about freely. I work with darting females and males. Short skirt does not make a lady less a woman nor does long skirt make a lady more a woman. Look smart! Dart freely!! Freedom!!!

C: Yes, but the emphasis should be more on the convenience of the woman herself and not on what you supposedly 'like' to look at. Frankly, I hope you don't stare, whether women happen to wear floppy or shorter skirts, or pants for that matter.

Actually convenience is number one. Also, a young girl 0 - 30 shouldn't live in long skirts. A world view is, c l u m s y.

Clumsy? You mean how they use two hands and pull it up slightly to navigate? Oh, I think that's cute. Call me old fashioned, it's great.
045.gif
:toofunny You are not old-fashioned. Just that this culture, 'long skirts', at times, gives me the creeps.

It's not lustful if that's what you mean. Just an appreciation for the femininity of women and the adorable mannerisms that accompany dressing like a woman. I don't go around staring at women with lust in my heart, I keep my eyes to myself and my heart upon the Lord. But that doesn't mean that I never lay eyes on women, or have to pretend that I don't like them or anything like that. I could have said a little girl looks cute in her outfit, but that wouldn't mean that I'm a pedophile. Cut me some slack brother, I meant nothing sinful by that.

E: No it's okay, bro; I wasn't being accusatory; just wondering whether the emphasis should still be on the woman's convenience. My wife nearly always wears pants, anyway, which doesn't necessarily prove anything, but anyhow.

Blessings.

E: No it's okay, bro; I wasn't being accusatory; just wondering whether the emphasis should still be on the woman's convenience. My wife nearly always wears pants, anyway, which doesn't necessarily prove anything, but anyhow.

Blessings.

If I were in Canada in the winter I'd be wearing pants, too. Oh yeah, I'm in Colorado and I am wearing pants, too.

Fleece pjs are my next fashion selection. Night , night and God Bless

Classik: You're right that most women, if they do wear skirts today, would wear them just above the knee, or thereabouts.

So in this sense I suppose to you it would look natural and normal.

But I don't have a problem with longer skirts, if this is what they want. Or with pants.

I don't know if we are going round in circles a bit, mind.

If I were in Canada in the winter I'd be wearing pants, too. Oh yeah, I'm in Colorado and I am wearing pants, too.

Fleece pjs are my next fashion selection. Night , night and God Bless

Deborah: Well, exactly.

Have a nice night anyway and talk to you tomorrow, maybe.

The creeps?! Really? Whoa. To each his own I guess, but man, that sounds almost creepy in and of itself! That's tongue in cheek so don't take offense. But wow.:toofunny
:toofunny. I like work with people swift in movement. Long skirts would....

It's cool. Sorry if I misunderstood. Yes, convenience and comfort for the lady is a-ok. Pants are very respectable and I have no problem with the Ladies wearing pants.

No, it's fine. There are various valid perspectives, I guess. Pants are very respectable, of course, and they are what women so often prefer.

Classik: You're right anyway about where most hemlines are, nowadays; I guess for men to 'prefer' them one way or another is neither here nor there, though.

Classik: You're right anyway about where most hemlines are, nowadays; I guess for men to 'prefer' them one way or another is neither here nor there, though.
Preference? Just to eliminate clumsiness. People should dart freely. Did you take a course on ergonomics?:D

Classik: You are right that this kind of skirt is not unusual and in fact exactly normal today.

What I wanted to say also is that paradoxically it doesn't necessarily follow that either pants or longer skirts are supposedly ab-normal.

If this makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classik; Edward:

You are both right as well. This picture, too, supplied by Classik, shows exactly how many young ladies would dress for church these days; it's a very normal look.

What I would also say is that longer, floppy skirts, or pants, shouldn't be regarded as inappropriate, either.

Blessings.

You're right, their not, and it does make sense. Even that black skirt above looks respectable, it's not too short. Pants or skirts, it's all about the cut if it's respectable or not. I have seen girls who dress inappropriately in church. Not very many but sometimes. That's bad to dress inappropriately for church. It shows that the girl is vain and thinks more of herself than having reverence for God. I see more and more men wearing shorts and tee shirts to church also, and I think that might be boderline disrespectful. It's hard to believe that that many men don't have decent clothes to show up in. If that's all one has and ones heart draws them to church, then it's ok. But if it's just laziness or they don't care, eh, it's the Lords house and I think we should make an effort to dress with respect to the Lords house. The last time I went to church I put on my Sunday clothes so to speak. In comparison to most people there I felt over dressed, and I wasn't even wearing a suit jacket. Hardly anyone wears nice clothes to church anymore.

I've worn a bikini to Church more times than I can remember.

Back