Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Why are we so holy when we are in church?

As long as I can remember going to Church on the beach has been a normal part of my life. No one seems to care how folks are dressed they are just glad you came.

P31Woman: Yes, if it consists of church and hymn-singing activities on the beach, I guess how else would one expect people to come, if not in their beachwear?

Blessings.

As long as I can remember going to Church on the beach has been a normal part of my life. No one seems to care how folks are dressed they are just glad you came.

I think that should be the focus: Receive the visitor first. Then gradually do the other.

It's a serious issue, isn't it? People dress well to meet Obama. How do the same people dress when they go to church??:sad

What do you mean by "dress well"? Because I know many people have different meanings, some mean you must wear a suit and tie and others mean wear a pair of jeans and a button-up shirt (like most of the men in our church). For me I think we should dress in clean and modest clothes but I don't think it is disrespectful to wear jeans instead of something more fancy. I think we should live every moment for the Lord no matter if we are in church or at home, and the Lord is always in our presence, so I don't see the need for extra special clothing for Sundays.

Actually what I mean is, if you want to appear presentable before Obama why not also appear presentable and neat before your God.

What do you mean by "dress well"? Because I know many people have different meanings, some mean you must wear a suit and tie and others mean wear a pair of jeans and a button-up shirt (like most of the men in our church). For me I think we should dress in clean and modest clothes but I don't think it is disrespectful to wear jeans instead of something more fancy. I think we should live every moment for the Lord no matter if we are in church or at home, and the Lord is always in our presence, so I don't see the need for extra special clothing for Sundays.

Rachel:

Interesting, yes. I think the pants/skirts side of things has been thoroughly discussed. I guess also, since the general observation (in business situations, etc.) seems to be if men are in a formal enough situation to require of them a necktie, the equivalent for women is to remember to put in their earrings. Not a hard and fast 'rule', but an observation that is sometimes made. So I guess this begs the question, too, is it best for women not to forget their earrings when in church (let alone their make up), even though it might not be a strict requirement for men to wear a necktie? I guess this whole area is in a state of flux and development, really.

Blessings.

I'm with Edward on the long skirts!

I wore them a lot when we were dating and I still do every once in a while. And he still loves it.

Maybe we are old fashioned too!

I'm with Edward on the long skirts!

I wore them a lot when we were dating and I still do every once in a while. And he still loves it.

Maybe we are old fashioned too!

Kaileymarie:

So would you say that a long skirt is really part of being maritally flirtatious?

Or is the long skirt really more comfortable?

Or maybe 50/50 combination of the two?

Or maybe you don't really know yourself, altogether?

(Just curious... :) )

Blessings.

Do what other?

I don't tell people how they are to dress to come before their God to worship Him. That's the Holy Spirit's job not mine.

P31Woman: I think he means gradually introduce conservative dress codes. (I could be wrong.)

Blessings.

Actually what I mean is, if you want to appear presentable before Obama why not also appear presentable and neat before your God.
Don't know about anyone else, but I don't care whether I'm presentable before Obama. I wouldn't be in his presence on invitation or otherwise anyway. But I do care how I look, inside and out, before my God.

I don't tell people about my cultural dress codes.

P31Woman:

Fact is, a lot of Christian young women who attend church functions typically wear blue jeans and maybe leather jackets: it might not be a vision of old fashioned floppy dresses, but it kind of reflects an un-self-conscious cultural dress code of their own, I guess, which ought not to be problematic for people, I reckon, (in my humble opinion).

Blessings.

Don't know about anyone else, but I don't care whether I'm presentable before Obama. I wouldn't be in his presence on invitation or otherwise anyway. But I do care how I look, inside and out, before my God.

Ya. Which is why we must appear neat before HIM. Cleanliness is next to....? We should appear like Children of the King - not as Old scarecrows

P31Woman:

Fact is, a lot of Christian young women who attend church functions typically wear blue jeans and maybe leather jackets: it might not be a vision of old fashioned floppy dresses, but it kind of reflects an un-self-conscious cultural dress code of their own, I guess, which ought not to be problematic for people, I reckon, (in my humble opinion).

Blessings.

I don't see anything wrong with jeans and leather jackets. I wear that pretty often myself. (of course with my boots)

Back