Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why didn't God stop the Nazis?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

dinoguy

If God is omniscient and omnipotent, why didn't He kill the Nazi leaders?
He killed Annanias and Saphira, so we know he can do it when he chooses to.

Even if you accept the idea that he didn't care that 5-6 million Jews were systematically slaughtered because they didn't accept Jesus, millions of Russian Orthodox believers also died of starvation and exposure.

By striking dead Hitler and a few other Nazi leaders He could have prevented most of the suffering that took place during WWII.

Why didn't He?

Because he gave man free will, and Adam disobeyed and brought death into the world. But as far as why he didnt stop them, only God can truly answer that question. Why dont you ask him?

Because he was bound to act by Covenant. Israel disobeyed God, and treacherously in that. That was the curses spoken of for disobedience. Read Deuteronomy 29 and 30 as this was prophecied. God had to act. But he never forgot his people and rose them up from dry bones as per Ezekiel 37.

The book of Job gives the Christian Believer the answer to "why". The answer that Job gave us is things are just too wonderful for our understanding. God never gave Job an answer to why He allowed Job to suffer. If God allowed it He will get the glory. Job was a perfect man in the eyes of God. Jesus stated we will have suffering in this world. He didn't state we might, He stated we will.

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; Proverbs 3:5

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. 1 Corinthians 13:12 NLT

We will not get the answer to "why" until we get to heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
the true God did not kill ananias and sapphira, but He stopped such people as jannes, jambres and barjesus/elymas, because they opposed His Prophets/Saints, while the wwii was a conflict between human interests

Blessings

the true God did not kill ananias and sapphira, but He stopped such people as jannes, jambres and barjesus/elymas, because they opposed His Prophets/Saints, while the wwii was a conflict between human interests

Blessings

Care to explain?

It vividly exposed eugenics for what it actually is to western civilization.
Very true, along with the abortion agenda. From 1973 through 2008, nearly 50 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S. That dwarfs what happened in Germany. Im not trying to downplay the holocaust by any means but the population control agenda(eugenics) is alive and well to this very day.

Even if you accept the idea that he didn't care that 5-6 million Jews were systematically slaughtered because they didn't accept Jesus, millions of Russian Orthodox believers also died of starvation and exposure.

By striking dead Hitler and a few other Nazi leaders He could have prevented most of the suffering that took place during WWII.

Why didn't He?

Why single out this one event? Where was God on September 11? Where was God when the Sandy Hook shooting occurred, or when that man rapped that woman, or when that persons parent abandon them that day? Are we blaming God for the things we decide are tragic and awful? What's behind the question exactly?

I think when we ask these questions we are asking about the nature of God. Clearly that's eluded to in your question; "If God is omniscient and omnipotent...." well He is these things, but why are we placing this aspect of His nature as some preventive measure, as if it should be?

The biblical answer of Gods nature is not necessarily comforting when it comes to what can happen to people. I say this because we often want God to be what we want Him to be, when we want Him to be it, and in asking these questions that's what we are doing.

First of all, God has never changed. Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Second, we need to admit that we are subject to God, and we are not on a need to know basis for His ways. Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.”

Is this question; "where is God", the basis for our belief, or disbelief? Our trust, or mistrust? Our doubt of Him, or our assurance?

l: Blaming God for the actions of sinners achieves nothing.

God has already intervened by sending His Beloved Son to die at the Cross instead of sinners. For the sake of my sins. And yours. Have we believed in Him?

Why didn't He?
That is an unanswerable question. We can speculate but that may prove to be dangerous.

JCitoL said:
the true God did not kill ananias and sapphira,
What do you mean by this?

Why didn't He?
Despite what we think about war and how awful it surely is, God says these kinds of things have been decreed and must happen:

"War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed." (Daniel 9:26 NIV)

""When you hear of wars and rumors of war, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen..." (Mark 13:7 NIV)

"There is a time for everything... (A) time for war and a time for peace." (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 8 NIV)

I personally believe the seventh king prophesied in Revelation was fulfilled in Hitler:

9 “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other (#7) has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction. (Revelation 17:9-11 NIV)

Now that the seventh king has appeared for the little while that he was allowed, the eighth and final king to appear to bring war and destruction on the earth is the anti-Christ, and his strong man the false prophet.

I guess sometimes the wisest way for God to get things done in this earth is to allow war. Because of WWII Israel is now back in the Land in preparation for the appearing of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. But remember the comfort and the assurance we have from the Lord himself about such things:

"...do not be alarmed. Such things must happen..." (Mark 13:7 NIV)

What do you mean by this?

the murderer is the devil, not God

John 8:41-44 "Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Blessings

so when God comes to judge all men and all that aren't in him he doesn't kill them? But satan does? Odd Jesus speaks about killing a false prophet in revelation with her children.

odd would be if the true God was evil and so there was no difference between the "Light" and the "darkness"

Genesis 1:3-31 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day..... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good(i.e. it was absolutely good and not a bit evil). And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.",

1 John 1:5-10 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another(i.e. then we have benevolence/friendliness towards the others), and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we(i.e. but if we sinning) say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins(i.e. however if in such circumstances we confess that the fault is our and not of God), he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If(i.e. but if) we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.",

1 John 2:9-11 "He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.",

1 John 3:14-15 "We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him."

Blessings

then what did jesus mean by these commands
the man that sheds blood shall have his blood shed?
so if god cant kill in any form then why would he tempt or command men to sin for him?

and lights and darkness in genesis is. it isnt always a literal rendering its also the idea of Light as god moving it to his will. and darkness not moving it all..

why would men fear god if he didn't kill annais and saphira in judgment? satan cant kill us unless we do that

revalation shows where god kills all the enemies of jersusalem in one fiery shot? who caused the flood? satan or God. that killed.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back