Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

why didn't God stop the Nazis?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Boy, how would you like to be a part of this church group?
How would you like to go on a trip with this bunch? I can hear the prayer before the trip: Lord we know that you will not help us, nor comfort us in anyway. We know that you do not do the things that Jesus taught or that you promised in your word. But we sure are glad to "know you" before we thirst or starve to death or are killed on this trip- amen

To know God is to know His love and care. It's not a superficial knowledge as you described.

Last edited by a moderator:
To know God is to know His love and care. It's not a superficial knowledge as you described.
Feel like I should let you off the hook, but I would suggest to you that there are many on this forum who are true christians, that would testify under any oath in that God has protected them from danger, many times. Ask around, you might be surprised?

Last edited by a moderator:
................(snip)........... surely god doesn't force us to follow him in your eyes.

Hmmm, I have no idea why you would have to ask this. It was not a part of the discussion.

Nevertheless, The action of the Father in drawing us (John 6:44) is certainly a scriptural concept. I believe the HS does regenerate the heart. The HS does not force us to believe, but he changes the heart so that we want to believe.
Php 1:29 because to you it hath been granted in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer in his behalf:
The reference above certainly tells us that faith is "granted" to us."

That is not the point of the discussion. It is on evil, pain, and suffering. The last part of that verse might also have great importance to the discussion... God grants to the believer that we might suffer on behalf of Christ. He obviously wants evil to happen.

jasoncran, nice talking to you, but I think it best that I bow out here. See ya elsewhere.

Feel like I should let you off the hook, but I would suggest to you that there are many on this forum who are true christians, that would testify under any oath in that God has protected them from danger, many times. Ask around, you might be surprised?

Ok you got me.:help I'm sounding stupid. Gone to get some rest will try to come back smarter tomorrow. :confused

Like John the Baptist St peter.... Ever read Foxes book of Martyrs ?

Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Good and bad things seem to happen randomly to Christians and non-Christians alike. If God did choose to protect only certain Christians, it would make the overall statistics unbalanced, but we know that the overall statistics are balanced equally among Chistians and non-Christians. So, if God does choose to intervene for the benefit of certain "chosen" Christians, that means that He chooses to also intervene in the lives of non-Christians, therefore making the statistics come out equal. That also means that He leaves some Christians out to dry while He helps some of the non-Christians, if He truly intervenes in people's lives.

What?? Well I have no idea what you are trying to say? But God is just and what He says is right is right! Like it or not it dont matter.

just see how there is almost no distinctive difference between God and satan in the books of old testament as opposed to the written in the books of the New Testament, and exactly this is one of the big distinctions between the two covenants, because satan had an inner/domestic power in the times before the New Testament whereby it was able to rule over the world almost as a part of God, and therefore the believers then were under greater oppression insomuch they were not able to affirm so well that there are two completely distinct sides of the divine - the God and the devil, and that satan has nothing to do with God, because the most believers were under a (very) strong deception that all appearances/occurrences are of the single and one (and the same) God, but see in how many places of the New Testament books there are shown explications about the difference between the "Light"/God and the "darkness"/devil and that the following of the evil is not right, or as it has also been written:

1 John 5:20-21 "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols(i.e. from misbeliefs). Amen."

Blessings

Good and bad things seem to happen randomly to Christians and non-Christians alike. If God did choose to protect only certain Christians, it would make the overall statistics unbalanced, but we know that the overall statistics are balanced equally among Chistians and non-Christians. So, if God does choose to intervene for the benefit of certain "chosen" Christians, that means that He chooses to also intervene in the lives of non-Christians, therefore making the statistics come out equal. That also means that He leaves some Christians out to dry while He helps some of the non-Christians, if He truly intervenes in people's lives.
I do not live by "statisics" by by the Word of God. Of course if a "christian" does not pray and BELIEVE in Gods Promises to protect them, they will perish just as those who are nonbelivers. Because basically they are "nonbelievers".
What christian does not ask for Gods protection? If you ask and dont believe, of course you cannot receive! The bible is 100% true! Now just because some do not believe it, it does not make it untrue for those of us who do.
i have prison ministry for years, I have been locked in rooms filled with the worst of men. I have gone into the gettos and worst parts of our citys. God does protect the righteous! The issue is not If God does what He says but are those who claim to be christians, walking in righteousness?

just see how there is almost no distinctive difference between God and satan in the books of old testament as opposed to the written in the books of the New Testament, and exactly this is one of the big distinctions between the two covenants, because satan had an inner/domestic power in the times before the New Testament whereby it was able to rule over the world almost as a part of God, and therefore the believers then were under greater oppression insomuch they were not able to affirm so well that there are two completely distinct sides of the divine - the God and the devil, and that satan has nothing to do with God, because the most believers were under a (very) strong deception that all appearances/occurrences are of the single and one (and the same) God, but see in how many places of the New Testament books there are shown explications about the difference between the "Light"/God and the "darkness"/devil and that the following of the evil is not right, or as it has also been written:

1 John 5:20-21 "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols(i.e. from misbeliefs). Amen."

Blessings

Are you making a point? because I do not see it.

Blessings

??????????????

Blessings

Are you pointing to a progressive knowledge in man as to who God is and the true nature of God, and who satan is as a separate entity from God?

Are you pointing to a progressive knowledge in man as to who God is and the true nature of God, and who satan is as a separate entity from God?
If you are pretending to have understood that post? YOU NEED TO REPENT, RIGHT NOW! LOL just joking! have a blessed day. - Mitspa

Hmmm, I have no idea why you would have to ask this. It was not a part of the discussion.

Nevertheless, The action of the Father in drawing us (John 6:44) is certainly a scriptural concept. I believe the HS does regenerate the heart. The HS does not force us to believe, but he changes the heart so that we want to believe.
Php 1:29 because to you it hath been granted in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer in his behalf:
The reference above certainly tells us that faith is "granted" to us."

That is not the point of the discussion. It is on evil, pain, and suffering. The last part of that verse might also have great importance to the discussion... God grants to the believer that we might suffer on behalf of Christ. He obviously wants evil to happen.

jasoncran, nice talking to you, but I think it best that I bow out here. See ya elsewhere.

I know that be can refuse it.You haven to my knowledge chosen the oppurtinity to deny god for a male lover. I HAVE. that part in Romans is very real. God intervened yes but I had to repent. I know inside that it was sin and didn't care.

not the letter is the God, so we meant that it is rather a matter of power, not of knowledge/wisdom, because even in the times before the New Testament there were spiritual people who understood the things right(ly) making right difference between God/good and devil/evil, but to them lacked enough power/support on the part of God as opposed to the nowaday situation

1 Corinthians 4:20 "the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."

Blessings

This is true. I would caution you folks to be careful what you ask for because you'll get it! Things were going pretty good for me and I was feeling close to God and got a little heady with it and prayed for God to increase my faith...test my faith...well, He did. Suddenly things took a down turn for me and everything started going wrong in my life at every turn. In the middle of my time of trouble I unconsciously muttered to myself, well God you're certainly testing my faith now...and it hit me. I asked for it. i had to laugh and praise God at that point for being there and answering my prayers. I didn't have troubles in mind when I prayed that prayer but I suppose it stands to reason that God doesn't test faith or increase faith by sending you a nice box of chocolates!

It is good to have increased faith. It's also good to be content where you are. LOL. Praise the Lord.

And doesn't that seem to be difficult for us? We always seem to want what is behind door #2.

Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

I, for one, haven't completely learned this yet.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back