Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Fresh fruit and vegetables from farmer to market that same day or home grown, not the many imported fruit and vegetables that have spent weeks or months at sea in a chiller before hitting the shelves i dont call that fresh.
I have been an apple picker so I know what fresh should be :) I am frequently getting fresh greens from the weekend farmers' markets :)
I do have a question. Its a simple question.

Why would the scripture use Jesus feeding people with fish as an example if eating flesh is wrong?. Be it literal or symbolic or watever way anyone wants to interpret the scripture, why would it use Jesus feeding people with fish as an example if its wrong. He could have given them bread and melon but the bible doesnt say that.
There's two separate occasions on which He did that: the first is in Matthew 14:13-21, and notice there that they had no food. He asked what they were going to do to feed five thousand because there wouldn't be enough money or bread to feed so many people - but there happened to be a boy there who had five loaves and two fish. The second example is similar, and found in the next chapter: Matthew 15:32-39. In that example we see that the disciples were carrying fish and bread with them. So it's clear that the eating of fish and meat was socially normal in their time (as we already know).

When it comes to the scriptures discussing whether eating flesh is wrong, we know that there have been scriptures given to the old testament followers that forbid certain types of flesh. But for new testament believers, we do not have such laws - in fact we boast about the fact that the new covenant sets us free from living that way, instead we live by faith and always keep a good conscience in God's sight (1 Peter 3:16,21). In addition to that, the early church had to decide whether the kosher laws should be applied to new believers of the gentile cultures, and in Acts 15:28-29 they gave their answer, saying that they do not forbid the eating of non-kosher meat because "it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to place no further burden than these four essentials: ...".

Therefore it is is clear to say that scriptures do not have any teaching that expressly says it is wrong to eat meat. But, there are scriptures that may serve to condemn the conscience whenever you do it, such as Proverbs 12:10 etc. It's up to God to do the convicting though, and if you can eat animals with a clear conscience then it is a blessing for you. As I said earlier, I can't even give thanks for a meal in which an animal has been deprived of its life.
Any Christian want to change the scripture. Jesus feeds 5000 with bread and two tomatoes.
That could happen, given current trends :rolleyes
I think he feed them with 2 fish, could have been two 1000lb marlins or big blue fin tuna. Who knows.
They'd have probably been from the Sea of Galilee, which is a freshwater sea. They wouldn't have been huge great fish, enough for a boy to carry though.
"When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. "

Jesus had just been on a boat before he feed people with fish. The boat he hitch a ride probably net some big fish on boats back in those days before everything was taken like these days. Well can still land 1000lb+ tuna these days but its more rare.
They were using nets to catch fish in those days, as you might remember that when He first met Peter the catch was so full that he fell at Jesus' feet and begged Him to leave him because he was "only a sinner". He also told Peter to catch a fish with a hook in Matthew 17:27.

I respect the argument in this world against meat but the world has to do better to convince me to take the pork off my folk. On a side note violence, abuse, or willfill damage will not be tolerated as it is not a valid argument and is sore loser. All open peaceful discussion is welcome.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I respect the argument in this world against meat but the world has to do better to convince me to take the pork off my folk. On a side note violence, abuse, or willfill damage will not be tolerated as it is not a valid argument, and is a indocrinated psychopathic mentalitly. All open peaceful discussion is welcome.

Thank you.

Oh, im not talking about this forum its a general world statement.
It's quite ironic you know. If it were me, I'd be saying the world has to do much better to convince me that they are worth taking the life of the pig for! Now, isn't that interesting...

It's quite ironic you know. If it were me, I'd be saying the world has to do much better to convince me that they are worth taking the life of the pig for! Now, isn't that interesting...

But im not bringing the argument. Its up to someone to prove to me that i should not be eating something they believe is wrong.

As a Christian i believe the scriptures and it says Jesus fed people with fish after he got off a boat, so unless i condemn Jesus and the scripture as wrong i stand with my personal belief and will eat and feed people with fish as i dont see it as wrong.

Someone would have to break and destroy my faith to convince me i should not eat fish.

All someone needs to do is prove it to me through the scripture.

Last edited:
But im not bringing the argument. Its up to someone to prove to me that i should not be eating something they believe is wrong.

As a Christian i believe the scriptures and it says Jesus fed people with fish after he got off a boat, so unless i condemn Jesus and the scripture as wrong i stand with my personal belief and will eat and feed people with fish as i dont see it as wrong.

Someone would have to break and destroy my faith to convince me i should not eat fish.

Why do you suppose someone should do that? Is that what you would like to have happen?

This individual obviously had no peaceful argument so just intimidate and terrorised people enjoying there food in peace and damaged private property. Just a sooky sooky indoctrinated brainwashed cry baby.

Last edited:
This individual obviously had no peaceful argument so just intimidate and terrorised people and damaged private property. Just a sooky sooky indoctrinated brainwashed cry baby.

Yes I have heard about her, read about her being banned from every licensed venue in Western Australia. I am very sorry for her, she really doesn't deserve to be name-called or anything like that. But I notice you started to answer my question and then deleted it (I have moderator permissions that I can see the deleted post). Is it a question that you don't want to answer? It's ok, I wouldn't want to force you if it will make you uncomfortable.

Yes I have heard about her, read about her being banned from every licensed venue in Western Australia. I am very sorry for her, she really doesn't deserve to be name-called or anything like that. But I notice you started to answer my question and then deleted it (I have moderator permissions that I can see the deleted post). Is it a question that you don't want to answer? It's ok, I wouldn't want to force you if it will make you uncomfortable.

So someone who walks into a restaurant why people are peaceful having something to eat and flips out you think its not nice or maybe hate speech to call that someone who intimidates people and flips out a cry baby?

I will call someone a idiot if i think they are a idiot. If you disagree with me then you can go tell the police its hate speech and wrong when they think a drunk driver a idiot.

Last edited:
So someone who walks ino a restaurant why people are peaceful having something to eat and flips out you think she doesnt derserve to be name called?.
No of course not! Everyone should put down their fork and embrace her and find out what's eating her up. The girl needs help! Name calling is only going to destroy her.

It makes me weep to think I might be the only person who thinks this way...

Many people seem to be more interested and focused on other peoples lives than focusing on there own life. Must be so perfect and there house is so clean.

The scripture does not say the Kingdom of God is within you, and your are the temple, and keep yourself holy, for no reason.

Last edited:
If you disagree with me then you can go tell the police its hate speech and wrong when they think a drunk driver a idiot.
I'd sooner tell them its wrong to not have charged Ms Peterson:

"she poured fake blood across the floor and on the restaurant’s countertop. Customers inside looked shocked as they watched the demonstration unfold. [...] a police officer arrived and asked the group to leave"
(source: your article from before).

Any Christian want to change the scripture. Jesus feeds 5000 with bread and two tomatoes.

I think he feed them with 2 fish, could have been two 1000lb marlins or big blue fin tuna. Who knows.

"When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. "

Jesus had just been on a boat before he feed people with fish. The boat he hitch a ride probably net some big fish on boats back in those days before everything was taken like these days. Well can still land 1000lb+ tuna these days but its more rare.

So are you saying that you do not believe that there were these food multiplication miracles like is stated in scripture?

You mean you eat meat because you want to and like the taste? Not because you have to then. Is that not something God would view differently you think?

I think we may be forgetting the vision that Peter has when many foods that had previously been forbidden for the Jewish people.
He blessed it and cleansed it.
All were allowed to eat it. The gentiles were also blessed.
Paul said ti eat in faith and not to let any man judge us because of what we eat. As that is truth God is not displeased with a person in regard to food.

I think we may be forgetting the vision that Peter has when many foods that had previously been forbidden for the Jewish people.
He blessed it and cleansed it.
All were allowed to eat it. The gentiles were also blessed.
Paul said ti eat in faith and not to let any man judge us because of what we eat. As that is truth God is not displeased with a person in regard to food.
That's right: Jesus said that it is not what goes in that defiles us, but what comes out: the things we say, whether it is thoughts of murder, blasphemies, foolishness, adultery, etc.

Although He was speaking about why the Old Testament law forbade the eating of unclean meats, the principles are the same: He is saying that a person is not made unclean by the fact that the food has gone into his mouth, but by the mouth revealing what is in his heart.

(Matthew 15:11; 16-20).

You mean you eat meat because you want to and like the taste? Not because you have to then. Is that not something God would view differently you think?

I go fishing for enjoyment and food but i also release alot of fish, the only fish i keep is if it going to be eaten. I mean i dont have to eat fish but i still need to eat and its food and free and i like the taste so i eat it. Everyone to there own i respect those who dont eat meat as there personal choice. I like a good corn fritter sometimes.

Last edited:
I go fishing for enjoyment and food but i also release alot of fish, the only fish i keep is if it going to be eaten. I mean i dont have to eat fish but i still need to eat and its food and free and i like the taste so i eat it. Everyone to there own i respect those who dont eat meat as there personal choice. I like a good corn fritter sometimes.

As im writting this i just seen a lizaard chase and eat a small spider. The animal world.
Do you know if the fish ever survive after you release them? I just can't imagine what it might be like to try and carry on when my mouth has been pierced and torn by a hook. I've seen what it looks like too, and it must be really hard for them, IMO.

So are you saying that you do not believe that there were these food multiplication miracles like is stated in scripture?

I dont see any evidence for it being a miracle in the scripture. Its not like it says he turned water into bread and fish and feed 5000. Even the baskets left over i mean who knows what size they were. What soze were the loaves and fish.

Two fish and 5 loaves of bread could feed 5000 depending on the situation.

I dont know.

Last edited:
How can you be sure that every word in the Bible is from God? How can we know that evil forces have not manipulated words to deceive humanity to kill animals? I am sure they would try.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back