Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why is there so much Anti-Semitism?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

T. E. Smith

Romantic Rationalist
It seems to me that there is perhaps more sentiment hostile to Jews than any other people group. Martin Luther infamously wrote of "the Jews and their lies". He said,
The Jews are base, whoring people, that is, no people of God, and their boast of lineage, circumcision, and law must be accounted as filth.
They are full of devil's feces, which they wallow in like swine.
Their synagogue is a defiled bride, yes, an incorrigible whore and an evil slut.
He said that their synagogues should be lit on fire, prayer books destroyed, Rabbis forbidden to preach. He even advocated their slaying:
There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses - namely, that God has struck [the Jews] with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind'. So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.
He was German of course, and so was Hitler, who said he had a God-given mission to slay the Jews. Why could he have thought this? Perhaps because one of the most famous theologians, from his own country, said to do so.

Anti-Semitism is still rampant, as seen in Holocaust denial. The level of hostility to the Jewish people seems to exceed that given to any or at least most other groups. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this tragedy is so?

I could dig up the reasons .but no two tired emotionally for this .

I'm familiar with anti semitic argument .

Don't assume that Lutherans and the others were all like ,Europa was very antisemitic for centuries .

Only in Savannah,ga were Jews allowed up openly worship .until the first amendment passing .the first temple is in that city .my family attended that one ,the synagogue before it when Forsyth brought them from Brittain is lost forever .only marker of where it was is there .been a while I need to go back to that city to see it and learn afresh

I dunno. I think some modern stuff is being realized and associated with things in the past. When a culture group gets banned from entire and different countries, sometimes multiple times, at some point someone is gonna check and the excuse of "that hate tho" no longer functions as a pad to try and avert whatever is going on.

In my own opinion, if you are a severe fraction of a minority, and by severe I mean a couple percentage points, and that culture starts getting involved in the political process of nations and starts lobbying and having laws created to do what they want to do, it's still not justified even if it appears they are succeeding and there will and should be consequences.

I don't get it, I mean Jewish is a ethnicity and I don't understand why always get picked on. I met and know people with Jewish heritage and they nice caring people would do anything to help others, just like in every ethnicity there is nice caring people. Why do Jewish people get labelled and picked on it makes no sense to me. Jesus was Jewish from the tribe of Judah and I like Jesus.

Last edited:
It seems to me that there is perhaps more sentiment hostile to Jews than any other people group. Martin Luther infamously wrote of "the Jews and their lies". He said,
You really need to quote someone who lives today, not in the Middle Ages, to establish there is a certain view popular in the world today
He said that their synagogues should be lit on fire, prayer books destroyed, Rabbis forbidden to preach. He even advocated their slaying:

He was German of course, and so was Hitler, who said he had a God-given mission to slay the Jews. Why could he have thought this? Perhaps because one of the most famous theologians, from his own country, said to do so.
You probably did not know that Hitler was Austrian. You read a lot. You might find the history of the rise of the 3rd Reich interesting. It is not what is taught in schools. In short, it started with the world view that arose from evolution, that man is evolving like every other creature. Most Americans do not want to believe this but because they do not want a repeat, the Germans all know this and are taught it in schools. Because of this world view, Hitler started with the handicapped and terminally ill. He had the genetically "inferior" killed so evolution of man could continue. There is more but maybe that wets your appetite.
Anti-Semitism is still rampant, as seen in Holocaust denial. The level of hostility to the Jewish people seems to exceed that given to any or at least most other groups. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this tragedy is so?
Facts not in evidence. Please ask the people around you if they are hostile to the Jews. You could start a discussion with a survey asking how many people here attend churches who are

1. hostile to the Jews and Israel
2. support in spirit the Jews and Israel
3. Have no position either way.

You could also provide for us some news items where prejudice against the Jews is apparent. Do not include nations, like the US, who give Israel lots and lots of money. That does your assumption a disservice.

You really need to quote someone who lives today, not in the Middle Ages, to establish there is a certain view popular in the world today

You probably did not know that Hitler was Austrian. You read a lot. You might find the history of the rise of the 3rd Reich interesting. It is not what is taught in schools. In short, it started with the world view that arose from evolution, that man is evolving like every other creature. Most Americans do not want to believe this but because they do not want a repeat, the Germans all know this and are taught it in schools. Because of this world view, Hitler started with the handicapped and terminally ill. He had the genetically "inferior" killed so evolution of man could continue. There is more but maybe that wets your appetite.

Facts not in evidence. Please ask the people around you if they are hostile to the Jews. You could start a discussion with a survey asking how many people here attend churches who are

1. hostile to the Jews and Israel
2. support in spirit the Jews and Israel
3. Have no position either way.

You could also provide for us some news items where prejudice against the Jews is apparent. Do not include nations, like the US, who give Israel lots and lots of money. That does your assumption a disservice.
In 2021, in the U.S., 1 in 4 Jews experienced antisemitism, and 39% changed their attire to hide their Jewish identity because of discrimination. That's shocking statistics. At present, assaults and harassment against Jews are among the highest in the U.S. that they've ever been.

Antisemitism is well documented as being very pervasive.

Because of this world view, Hitler started with the handicapped and terminally ill. He had the genetically "inferior" killed so evolution of man could continue. There is more but maybe that wets your appetite.
He said EXPLICITLY in his diary that he had a mission from God to destroy the Jews. Why would he have thought that? Nothing in evolution remotely suggests that.

In 2021, in the U.S., 1 in 4 Jews experienced antisemitism, and 39% changed their attire to hide their Jewish identity because of discrimination. That's shocking statistics. At present, assaults and harassment against Jews are among the highest in the U.S. that they've ever been.

Antisemitism is well documented as being very pervasive.
How many people in their lives reported they’ve experienced discrimination. I know I have and more than once. You see, that survey is only scientifically useful AS COMPARED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC matched in age and sex. Bet you didn’t know that.
He said EXPLICITLY in his diary that he had a mission from God to destroy the Jews. Why would he have thought that? Nothing in evolution remotely suggests that.
Anyone designated as genetically inferior is an affront to the evolutionary goals.

Anti-Semitism is still rampant, as seen in Holocaust denial. The level of hostility to the Jewish people seems to exceed that given to any or at least most other groups.

Yes, and that hatred spans millennium. They were hated by the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, the Greeks, the Romans, the Christians, the NAZIs, and the Muslims. And that last group will show them more hatred than the rest put together before all is said and done. They will attempt to exterminate the entire nation of Israel before Christ's return. This is prophesied in scripture where it's stated, "unless those days were shortened, no flesh should be saved alive. But for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened." (Matthew 24)

Is it all a coincidence? Scripture says it is not. Rather, scripture teaches that it is because the Devil is not only real but has a deep an abiding hatred for the Jewish people. The reason is spelled out in Revelation Chapter 12, regarding the woman Israel and her Son Jesus Christ:

1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: Behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. 5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne. 6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days... 13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. 16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

There is a break of 2,000 years between v.5 and v.6 because the tribulation period was postponed to bring in a greater harvest in the last days, but it is drawing nearer now.

So in short, the reason is because Satan is real, and he targets those he hates. This principle can also be seen in the story of Job.

8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?” 9 So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!” 12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

13 Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house; 14 and a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them, 15 when the Sabeans raided them and took them away—indeed they have killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 16 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 17 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three bands, raided the camels and took them away, yes, and killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 18 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house, 19 and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 20 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” 22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong. (Job 1:8-22)

The Jews are the most hated people on earth. Even more than the black man, though they try to make it sound like they are. And the why is pretty easy for a thinking Christian. They are God's chosen people. And doesn't scripture say that will hate you for His sake because they hated Him first. That's why they pick on the Jews.

Yes, and that hatred spans millennium. They were hated by the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, the Greeks, the Romans, the Christians, the NAZIs, and the Muslims. And that last group will show them more hatred than the rest put together before all is said and done. They will attempt to exterminate the entire nation of Israel before Christ's return. This is prophesied in scripture where it's stated, "unless those days were shortened, no flesh should be saved alive. But for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened." (Matthew 24)

Is it all a coincidence? Scripture says it is not. Rather, scripture teaches that it is because the Devil is not only real but has a deep an abiding hatred for the Jewish people. The reason is spelled out in Revelation Chapter 12, regarding the woman Israel and her Son Jesus Christ:

1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: Behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. 4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. 5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne. 6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days... 13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. 16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

There is a break of 2,000 years between v.5 and v.6 because the tribulation period was postponed to bring in a greater harvest in the last days, but it is drawing nearer now.

So in short, the reason is because Satan is real, and he targets those he hates. This principle can also be seen in the story of Job.

8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?” 9 So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. 11 But now, stretch out Your hand and touch all that he has, and he will surely curse You to Your face!” 12 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power; only do not lay a hand on his person.” So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

13 Now there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house; 14 and a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys feeding beside them, 15 when the Sabeans raided them and took them away—indeed they have killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 16 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 17 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three bands, raided the camels and took them away, yes, and killed the servants with the edge of the sword; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 18 While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house, 19 and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corners of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!” 20 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” 22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong. (Job 1:8-22)
Do you know who hated and persecuted the Christians for decades? I’ll give a hint, they persecuted Christ. Do you know that christians who want to share their faith in Israel have to be very careful? There’s an interesting question to ponder. How come there a word for prejudice against Jews alone when there is no such special word for any other group in the face of the planet? Is it possible that this one group insists upon it?

The Jews are the most hated people on earth. Even more than the black man, though they try to make it sound like they are. And the why is pretty easy for a thinking Christian. They are God's chosen people. And doesn't scripture say that will hate you for His sake because they hated Him first. That's why they pick on the Jews.
Edward, you do realize the Jews hated Jesus, right?

What makes you think you need to ask me, sister? LoL.

Not much for being underestimated mentally, so I think I'll bow out on that discussion for now. Maybe we can pick it up sometime later perhaps.

God bless,
- H
Well at least you don’t accuse me of psychological problems. You played “feel sorry for Jews” card even saying no one has suffered hatred like the Jews which is untrue. And what is more, the Jews practiced hatred of non-Jews. This needs to be realized.

Do you know who hated and persecuted the Christians for decades? I’ll give a hint, they persecuted Christ. Do you know that christians who want to share their faith in Israel have to be very careful? There’s an interesting question to ponder. How come there a word for prejudice against Jews alone when there is no such special word for any other group in the face of the planet? Is it possible that this one group insists upon it?

I'm pretty sure that's what the Tribulation is all about. t's going to take a lot to turn their hearts back to Christ.

Just because they were dumb and hated Jesus doesn't mean that they are not still God's chosen people. That's HIS choice!
The mission he chose them for is completed and he never said they were dumb.

But since that’s your eschatology. can you find me scriptures in Revelation that say this?

Last edited:
Back