Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHY ISN'T THIS GENERATION GETTING MARRIED?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I dont know. I joined one ages ago and when i went back on randomly before i continue i had to agree that i love and respect other peoples pronouns or something, i cant remember. It was something like that. I just deleted the app, no one telling me i have to bow down to someone elses beliefs first if im looking for a date.
Lol. Of course with the pronouns. Yeah, I don't blame you.

I havent been on a date for years. If i join a dating site i wonder if on my profile if i can say that first my preference i am seeking someone for a relationship as a start has XX chromosomes, or, would that be classed as a racist hate crime and maybe my profile deleted because its favouring and not diverse and culturally enriched enough?
How could you be on a dating site?
You delete all your posts!
:lol

You'll NEVER get a date!

Its all gone a bit ridiculous. There is 2 biological sexes. Male and Female. XX and XY.

Gays and lesbians that is a male or female who are just attracted to the same sex its not another gender. A gay man still identifies as a man they just attracted to the same sex or gender.

Then there is bisexual, bi means 2, so bisexual means 2 biological sexes, male and female, that are attacted to both sexes rather than just the same sex like gays and lesbians, so bisexuals still identify as either a male or female they just both attracted to males and females. thats LGB.

So LGB are only 2 biological sexes as 2 genders. That is understandable.

Then there is transgender or transexual. That is the same 2 biological sexes or the 2 genders that transition from one sex or gender to the other sex or gender from male to female or female to male. Thats why its called transtion gender or transition sex, and a transexual wants to be now called either a man or a woman, one of the 2 genders or sexes.

So LGBT logically only believe in 2 biological sexes and 2 genders as one and the same thing.
Whoa!
That was a good lesson.

But it got confusing.
I like this:
MALE
FEMALE

Anything else is personal and I don't want to know about it.
Unless necessary.
Which I doubt.

Whoa!
That was a good lesson.

But it got confusing.
I like this:
MALE
FEMALE

Unless necessary.
Which I doubt.
You've probably known that I'm vehemently against false dichotomy and black-and-white mentality, whenever I spot it I expose it, but here's the tricky thing, that in some rare cases the dichotomy is true, the distinction of male and female is one of them. God created male and female in his image, regardless of hormone levels and physical appearance. Then they'll use some rare cases of genetic anomoly such as Klinefelter Syndrome (male with an extra X chromosome) or AIS (androgen insensitivity symdrome). People with such genetic anomolies may appear to be womanish with female features, some with AIS are as pretty as victoria's secret model with less body hair and taller figure because their bodies don't respond to androgens that result in male features such as body hair, but technically, these are still male since they have a Y chromosome, they are not a third gender, and unfortunately, these people are infertile.

Whoa!
That was a good lesson.

But it got confusing.
I like this:
MALE
FEMALE

Unless necessary.
Which I doubt.

Its always been male and female. i mean LGBT understand that, but then there movement got hijacked by the ridiculous.

Gays and Lesbians believe in 2 sexs. Its a man or woman who are attracted to the same sex. They still identify as a man or woman. Gay is not another gender just someone attracted to there own.

Bisexual. Bi means 2, so Bisexual is someone attracted to both man and woman instead of just there own like gays. They still identify as a man or woman. Bisexual is not another gender.

Transexual. Means sex transition from man to woman or woman to man (as they believe). So transexuals still identify as ether a male or female just not biologocally. Transexual is not another gender. A biological man who believes they are a woman want to be called a woman or the other way.

So LGBT believe in 2 sex and 2 genders as the same thing. Not sure whats going on with all the milion diiferent genders and pronouns thing. Im not sure what a they them is.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
So LGBT believe in 2 sex and 2 genders as the same thing. Not sure whats going on with all the milion diiferent genders and pronouns thing. Im not sure what a they them is.
That's the devil's propaganda to make you confused. The "they/them" is a reference of Mk. 5:9 - "My name is Legion; for we are many." Jesus was doing exorcism there, he wasn't facing one evil spirit, but a legion of evil spirits, these evil spirits are the they/them.

Bisexual people have it easy. Under gender they just put "YES". Lol.
My young son was filling out a form and he came to me a little confused.
He asked what was meant.
The form said:
SEX:________

He thought they were being very intrusive, looking for a yes or no reply!
:lol

Ah.
Those were the good old days.

That's the devil's propaganda to make you confused. The "they/them" is a reference of Mk. 5:9 - "My name is Legion; for we are many." Jesus was doing exorcism there, he wasn't facing one evil spirit, but a legion of evil spirits, these evil spirits are the they/them.
Interesting take.
It's the transgender that REALLY bothers me.
On children!!
The horror stories.
These are parents??

The thread pretty much reads like older folks ranting about "them dang kids today", doesn't it? :lol
Read it from the beginning J.
It's not that at all.
100 years from now, many will still remember THEIR past and notice all the differences.
Mine was a serious question.
Them dang kids today are afraid to get married.
Why?

When I married my husband (back in the caveman days) we had nothing.
We desired to live together to share our life, and we would build our life
together, but being married and not each one of us living in their parents
home, but building our own home.

What has changed?
Why does the current generation prefer to live together instead of getting married?
Is there fear, uncertainty?
What?

Why aren't young persons of today getting married?
Feminism, the decline of organized religion, and economic considerations like the cost of starter homes relative to previous generations.

Thanks for the article J.

This point has been brought up in this thread.
I tend to agree more with JT4444 and some points Riven has made previously.

I'd say that it's more due to socielogical changes and religious changes.
Yes, feminism being one of them.

As Riven has stated, it could cost as little as $25. to get married in a courthouse.
So there must be other reasons.

Also, it seems to be the same here in Europe -- it's not limited to the US.

Thanks for the article J.

This point has been brought up in this thread.
I tend to agree more with JT4444 and some points Riven has made previously.

I'd say that it's more due to socielogical changes and religious changes.
Yes, feminism being one of them.

As Riven has stated, it could cost as little as $25. to get married in a courthouse.
So there must be other reasons.

Also, it seems to be the same here in Europe -- it's not limited to the US.
Meh....I tend to believe the people who are actually in the situation and were asked about it, rather than the speculations of people on the internet.

Meh....I tend to believe the people who are actually in the situation and were asked about it, rather than the speculations of people on the internet.
LOL
You don't think some persons in that situation are on this forum?
Are we just people on the internet to you?

You're not Christian J, so you don't understand that we're a community here.
Some that are not christian do understand this anyway,,,but apparently you don't.
It's OK. It's understood.

LOL
You don't think some persons in that situation are on this forum?
But the question is generic (referring to "this generation"), not specific to a person. Thus, the answer should be in the same context.

Are we just people on the internet to you?
Pretty much.

You're not Christian J, so you don't understand that we're a community here.
Some that are not christian do understand this anyway,,,but apparently you don't.
It's OK. It's understood.
I've just seen far too many cases of trolls, imposters, and bots in message boards to take much of any of it very seriously. And as message boards and forums go the way of the dodo, it's only worsened.

Now, if some of you have grown to know, like, and become good friends with each other, that's wonderful! I just don't have any interest in that sort of thing. It has nothing to do with anything specific to this site, it's just a general approach I take to most things online.

Why? They're clearly idiots if they think it costs 30k to get married.
The original question ("why aren't younger generations getting married") has generally been answered and I believe them when they answer.

Whether their answer(s) is/are rational is a separate issue.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back