Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

I heard a reliable preacher once say that all the verses that speak of YHWH are descriptions that fit Jesus. It is as you say, that is, Jesus is YHWH. El Shaddai, Adoni, has descriptive titles but not a name to distinguish Him from other deities. He is the One True God.
John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
Proof-texting will get you into trouble 9 times out of 10. This divorces the verse from the greater context of John, the rest of the NT, and the OT.

I heard a reliable preacher once say that all the verses that speak of YHWH are descriptions that fit Jesus. It is as you say, that is, Jesus is YHWH. El Shaddai, Adoni, has descriptive titles but not a name to distinguish Him from other deities. He is the One True God.
John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Yahwah is Yahshua's Father by adoption and his God.

I do not understand what you are saying.
Prooftext
A proof text is a passage of scripture presented as proof for a theological doctrine, belief, or principle. Prooftexting is the practice of using quotations from a document.

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Yahwah is Yahshua's Father by adoption and his God.
The Logos was with Dios and the Logos WAS Dios.

(I figure if you can stick in fake Hebrew words made up millennial after the spelling was lost, I can use real Greek and Spanish words whose spelling isn’t lost.)

hawkman, anyone who descends to using the “praying for you” symbol to indicate your position is so stupid or deplorable that prayer is the only answer is pretty much speaking curses over you if they actually pray at all. That is a very low response morally. Think if the pharisees had stooped to telling Jesus that they were “praying for him because of his views.” They were more honest and less haughty than that.

The Logos was with Dios and the Logos WAS Dios.

(I figure if you can stick in fake Hebrew words made up millennial after the spelling was lost, I can use real Greek and Spanish words whose spelling isn’t lost.)
Pantheion, Theion, Theos, Ton.

Pantheon, Theon.

Pantheion

Greek pantheion, from pan 'all' + theion 'Divine Eternal-s' (from theos 'divine.')
From Greek aion, meaning Eternal, for an infinite amount of time Pantheion: Pan/the/ion. All Divine Eternal-s. The word “All” makes it plural.

aeon or aion or eon
1. An immeasurably long period of time. From Greek, Aion, an infinitely long time.

Greek word TON and THEON.
From the Scripture4All program. Link: Scripture4All - Greek/Hebrew interlinear Bible software

The Greek word "TON" is translated 1583 times as "the;" And 18 times as "the -one." It is used before nouns to mean a {certain-one-person-s,} or place, or thing. However, different translations of Greek do not always agree. That is the reason for my interpretation of John 1:1 as "the only Divine Eternal." In English the word “one” can also be translated as “only.” TON: The only. THEON: Divine Eternal.

John 1:1

Greek:
en arche eimi ho logos kai ho logos eimi pros ton theon kai theos eimi ho logos

Interlinear:
en (in) arche (beginning) eimi (was) ho (the) logos (word) kai (and) ho (the) logos (word) eimi (was) pos (toward or with) ton (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one or only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek) theon (Divine Eternal) kai (and) theos (divine) eimi (was) ho (the) logos (word)

In English we have:
In beginning was The Word, and The Word was with (the one or only) Divine Eternal, and divine was The Word.

Why do translators drop off the definite article TON (the one or only) before Divine Eternal?

Pantheion, Theion, Theos, Ton.

Pantheon, Theon.

Pantheion

Greek pantheion, from pan 'all' + theion 'Divine Eternal-s' (from theos 'divine.')
From Greek aion, meaning Eternal, for an infinite amount of time Pantheion: Pan/the/ion. All Divine Eternal-s. The word “All” makes it plural.

aeon or aion or eon
1. An immeasurably long period of time. From Greek, Aion, an infinitely long time.

Greek word TON and THEON.
From the Scripture4All program. Link: Scripture4All - Greek/Hebrew interlinear Bible software

The Greek word "TON" is translated 1583 times as "the;" And 18 times as "the -one." It is used before nouns to mean a {certain-one-person-s,} or place, or thing. However, different translations of Greek do not always agree. That is the reason for my interpretation of John 1:1 as "the only Divine Eternal." In English the word “one” can also be translated as “only.” TON: The only. THEON: Divine Eternal.

John 1:1

Greek:
en arche eimi ho logos kai ho logos eimi pros ton theon kai theos eimi ho logos

Interlinear:
en (in) arche (beginning) eimi (was) ho (the) logos (word) kai (and) ho (the) logos (word) eimi (was) pos (toward or with) ton (TON is a special definite article "the" meaning the one or only, it appears as TON instead of O in the Greek) theon (Divine Eternal) kai (and) theos (divine) eimi (was) ho (the) logos (word)

In English we have:
In beginning was The Word, and The Word was with (the one or only) Divine Eternal, and divine was The Word.

Why do translators drop off the definite article TON (the one or only) before Divine Eternal?
Sigh! It’s like talking to a dictionary that thinks just because it knows definition of individual words in detail, the meanings the words express together are equally understood.

No one alive knows the vowels sounds in YHWH so the sounds are only imagined and limited to English vowels. What if there were no vowels known in English? Other languages have more than a e i o u and y. They have vowels we cannot know.

The Greek I find is:

ho
the

Why do the JWs insert the indefinite article?

Last edited:
Sigh! It’s like talking to a dictionary that thinks because it knows definition the meanings the words express together are equally understood.

No one alive knows the vowels sounds in YHWH so the sounds are only imagined and limited to English vowels. What if there were no vowels known in English? Other languages have more than a e i o u and y. They have vowels we cannot know.

The Greek I find is:

ho
the

Why do the JWs insert the indefinite article?
The e vowel for Hebrew was introduced in the tenth century AD.
Originally Gods name was spelled Yahuah, but modern English changed the spelling to Yahwah because the U has a double U sound.
The Rabbi's changed the Hebrew language so God's name could not be pronounced; however, you can find the two parts of God's name in the Aramaic.

Yahuah is Yahwah.

hawkman, anyone who descends to using the “praying for you” symbol to indicate your position is so stupid or deplorable that prayer is the only answer is pretty much speaking curses over you if they actually pray at all. That is a very low response morally. Think if the pharisees had stooped to telling Jesus that they were “praying for him because of his views.” They were more honest and less haughty than that.
The symbol says "praying" not "praying for you" , am I right ? If someone puts the "pray" icon on my post I think they could be praying for understanding of what I posted or praying for me or just praying for the situation we are posting about and any of the above are fine by me . I need all the prayer I can get , so pray away ! But I understand what you mean if the symbol was "praying for you " .

The e vowel for Hebrew was introduced in the tenth century AD.
Originally Gods name was spelled Yahuah, but modern English changed the spelling to Yahwah because the U has a double U sound.
Where do you get that from? The Tetragramm had no vowels AT ALL! None. It was certainly not spelled as you state above when Moses wrote it down.

His “name” is totally different in other languages, btw. That’s just what the Hebrews were told and it means, “I am.”
The Rabbi's changed the Hebrew language so God's name could not be pronounced; however, you can find the two parts of God's name in the Aramaic.
Moses didn’t write in Aramaic so that’s millennia after God spoke that to Moses and that pronunciation, what Moses heard, is the only one that counts. What Rabbis did millennia later is just imaginary. They had to insert vowels so they picked some.
Yahuah is Yahwah.
It’s just made up Hebrew. I’m very sure it in no way resembles what Moses heard that fateful day.

Hebrew, as they spoke it, was lost and had to be reinvented. There’s no verbal connection to the language the Hebrews actually spoke. It was a dead language. This is common knowledge.

Last edited:
The symbol says "praying" not "praying for you" , am I right ?
Why did she insert it? What is she praying for then? To learn the truth? I doubt it.
If someone puts the "pray" icon on my post I think they could be praying for understanding of what I posted or praying for me or just praying for the situation we are posting about and any of the above are fine by me .
You can think that if you want.
I need all the prayer I can get , so pray away ! But I understand what you mean if the symbol was "praying for you " .
I know the difference between asking for a blessing for someone and wishing them ill. But I will tell you that when I rebuked her words over me, I felt a peace.

That is my hope , the truth . I give everyone the benefit of thinking the best about them until shown otherwise .
Jesus didn’t trust himself to man because he knew what was in him.

I think my perception is closer to the truth judging by a few factors.

In any case, when I rebuked her “prayers” in the spiritual realm, something not good lifted.

This is unitarian Oneness theology, not biblical theology.

Please cease from labeling me and misrepresenting me.

I don’t subscribe to or promote “Oneness” theology which is heresy.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the Lord God.

His Spirit, the Spirit of Christ spoke through the Old Testament prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

• He is not God the Father.

The Son created all things. He stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands
. Hebrews 1:8-10

JLB

Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.

Confessing Jesus as LORD is the biblical way unto salvation.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
Romans 10:8-13

Paul it’s quoting Joel 2, indicating the way of salvation is by calling on the name of YHWH; the LORD God.

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
Acts 4:12

JLB

Please cease from labeling me and misrepresenting me.

I don’t subscribe to or promote “Oneness” theology which is heresy.
I wasn't labeling you or misrepresenting you, I was simply stating that what you were saying is inline with Oneness's unitarian view of God.

You stated:

"Jesus is the Name the Godhead has chosen to represent them.

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Colossians 2:9

Jesus is YHWH; The LORD God. The Creator of heaven and earth."

Can you provide biblical support for your claim that "Jesus is the Name the Godhead has chosen to represent them"? It's important because that is exactly a claim of Oneness (Jesus Only) theology. To say that "Jesus is the Name of the Godhead," is to say that the one person who is the Son is the Godhead.

Biblically, YHWH is the name of the the triune Godhead, and only the Son's name, since the Incarnation, is Jesus. Jesus is YHWH, but so is the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Received up in glory.

Jesus Christ is LORD; YHWH the Lord God.

His Spirit, the Spirit of Christ spoke through the Old Testament prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

• He is not God the Father.

The Son created all things. He stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth.

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands
. Hebrews 1:8-10
Yes.

Where do you get that from? The Tetragramm had no vowels AT ALL! None. It was certainly not spelled as you state above when Moses wrote it down.

His “name” is totally different in other languages, btw. That’s just what the Hebrews were told and it means, “I am.”

Moses didn’t write in Aramaic so that’s millennia after God spoke that to Moses and that pronunciation, what Moses heard, is the only one that counts. What Rabbis did millennia later is just imaginary. They had to insert vowels so they picked some.

It’s just made up Hebrew. I’m very sure it in no way resembles what Moses heard that fateful day.

Hebrew, as they spoke it, was lost and had to be reinvented. There’s no verbal connection to the language the Hebrews actually spoke. It was a dead language. This is common knowledge.
The Hebrew comes from the Aramaic language.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Back