Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Yahwah is Yahshua's Father by adoption and his God.
The Son of man was always in Heaven.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

The Hebrew comes from the Aramaic language.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”
The old test does not save us, all die from the law of works and sin.

What saves anyone is the new test, and the name that brought faith is Jesus Christ, because it is the name given to trust in, who died for our sins, so we do not die according to all who died in the old test.

David, Moses, all died in Adam. 1 Corinthians 15:22. ( that is why no man ascended to Heaven, but the Son of man who was always in Heaven.)

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
35 Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

People with lots of knowledge, yet never able to come to the knowledge f the truth. ( because of resisting the truth)

They do not acknowledge the suffering/afflictions of Christ. ( they therefore deny Christ/antichrist spirit)

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

The Son of man was always in Heaven.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
He was on earth when His Father sent Him for God's mission.

After when He accomplished it, He ascended to heaven to be with His Father.

Yes, but being the Spirit, that Spirit is in Heaven, ( it cant be out of it/the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ that is in us.)

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

From whence are you getting this misinformation? Hebrew is the older language which was eventually replaced by Aramaic which came later. Hebrew was dying out so the Jews translated their scriptures into Greek so the common man could read it. Aramaic was still being spoken at the time.

Wiki:
Hebrew is a Semitic language. It was first spoken in Israel. Many Jewish people also speak Hebrew, as Hebrew is part of Judaism.

It was spoken by Israelites a long time ago, during the time of the Bible. After Judah was conquered by Babylonia, the Jews were taken captive (prisoner) to Babylon and started speaking Aramaic. Hebrew was no longer used much in daily life, but it was still known by Jews who studied halakha.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”
Where does this unique translation come from? I mean if you do not that Hebrew is more ancient than Aramaic and that Moses wrote in Hebrew, how can anyone trust this "information" above? That Hebrew is older is commonly known and not difficult to get wrong and still you do.

It seems you want the Almighty to have a personal name and you know it. There is something behind the insistance in the face of evidence against. This will likely be fruitless. "Convince a man against his will and he's of the same opinion still."

From whence are you getting this misinformation? Hebrew is the older language which was eventually replaced by Aramaic which came later. Hebrew was dying out so the Jews translated their scriptures into Greek so the common man could read it. Aramaic was still being spoken at the time.

Wiki:
Hebrew is a Semitic language. It was first spoken in Israel. Many Jewish people also speak Hebrew, as Hebrew is part of Judaism.

It was spoken by Israelites a long time ago, during the time of the Bible. After Judah was conquered by Babylonia, the Jews were taken captive (prisoner) to Babylon and started speaking Aramaic. Hebrew was no longer used much in daily life, but it was still known by Jews who studied halakha.

Where does this unique translation come from? I mean if you do not that Hebrew is more ancient than Aramaic and that Moses wrote in Hebrew, how can anyone trust this "information" above? That Hebrew is older is commonly known and not difficult to get wrong and still you do.

It seems you want the Almighty to have a personal name and you know it. There is something behind the insistance in the face of evidence against. This will likely be fruitless. "Convince a man against his will and he's of the same opinion still."

Hebrew language, Semitic language of the Northern Central (also called Northwestern) group; it is closely related to Phoenicianand Moabite, with which it is often placed by scholars in a Canaanitesubgroup. Spoken in ancient times in Palestine, Hebrew was supplanted by the western dialectof Aramaic beginning about the 3rd century BCE; the language continued to be used as a liturgical and literary language, however.“

Quote: "the first textual sources in the ninth century BC remains unknown."
Ah, the 11th century BC is older than the 9th so if the 9th century BC textual sources are unknown, how are the textual sources 2 centuries earlier (that’s 200 years) reliable? The older is reliable but the later isn’t???

Nevertheless Hebrew gave way to Aramaic not the other way around. Moses wrote in Hebrew as the change to Aramaic came later…..much later.

Ah, the 11th century BC is older than the 9th so if the 9th century BC textual sources are unknown, how are the textual sources 2 centuries earlier (that’s 200 years) reliable? The older is reliable but the later isn’t???

Nevertheless Hebrew gave way to Aramaic not the other way around. Moses wrote in Hebrew as the change to Aramaic came later…..much later.
Sometimes scholars will make a claim without giving a source.

Jesus Christ crucified saves us, why do people think their discussions have value. ( wisdom saves nobody, as the foolishness of preaching the cross saves.)

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Back