Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

I wasn't labeling you or misrepresenting you, I was simply stating that what you were saying is inline with Oneness's unitarian view of God.

Oneness is heresy.

JLB

You stated:

"Jesus is the Name the Godhead has chosen to represent them.

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
Colossians 2:9

Jesus is YHWH; The LORD God. The Creator of heaven and earth."

Can you provide biblical support for your claim that "Jesus is the Name the Godhead has chosen to represent them"?

I did, and will continue to do it.

In Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead.

Therefore when you refer to Jesus, you are by default referring to the fullness of the Godhead.

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
John 17:11

• Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me

Who is speaking in this verse?

What is His name?

HINT: The name above every name.

JLB

I wasn't labeling you or misrepresenting you, I was simply stating that what you were saying is inline with Oneness's unitarian view of God.

You stated:

"Jesus is the Name the Godhead has chosen to represent them.

Jesus is YHWH; The LORD God. The Creator of heaven and earth."

Can you provide biblical support for your claim that "Jesus is the Name the Godhead has chosen to represent them"? It's important because that is exactly a claim of Oneness (Jesus Only) theology. To say that "Jesus is the Name of the Godhead," is to say that the one person who is the Son is the Godhead.

Biblically, YHWH is the name of the the triune Godhead, and only the Son's name, since the Incarnation, is Jesus. Jesus is YHWH, but so is the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Yes.
If JLB thinks you were falsely labeling him, it’s likely you were. The words you chose to express your suspicion were labeling in my view. You focused on the man, not the post or view. That’s labeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB
If JLB thinks you were falsely labeling him, it’s likely you were. The words you chose to express your suspicion were labeling in my view. You focused on the man, not the post or view. That’s labeling.
Not that it's any of your business, because it isn't, I addressed what he stated, not him. As far as I know, only Oneness theology teaches that God's name is Jesus, but Jesus is the name of the Son only. The Trinity has many names, mainly YHWH, but Jesus is not one of them.

Having vowels doesn’t mean one can pronounce it as Moses heard it. What is more, the man who calls his own father by his christian name (first name) isn’t close to him. And it’s a mark of disrespect.

Last edited:
Having vowels doesn’t mean one can pronounce it as Moses heard it. What is more, the man who calls his own father by his christian name (first name) isn’t close to him. And it’s a mark of disrespect.
If that were the case you better STOP using the Name Jesus.....

If that were the case you better STOP using the Name Jesus.....
No, we are taught to call on the name of the Lord Jesus and in His name pray. Jesus was, in fact, a common name given to males.

There is no getting around the fact that Jesus taught us to call the Almighty “Father.” Using a different term means He is not your father, I guess.

No, we are taught to call on the name of the Lord Jesus and in His name pray. Jesus was, in fact, a common name given to males.

There is no getting around the fact that Jesus taught us to call the Almighty “Father.” Using a different term means He is not your father, I guess.
And the scriptures tell us to call on Jehovah~

Gen 3:15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

And the scriptures tell us to call on Jehovah~

Gen 3:15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Yahwah means “Life Began.”

In regards to the letters in Jehovah.

The letter J is a recent invention. The e vowel is not relevant. The O in the middle is a reminder to say Lord and not pronounce the name. The V is a Germanic influence on the Hebrew language.

Originally Yahuah, but in modern English it is Yahwah. Letters with a double U sound are assigned the letter W.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?” (Elohiym means, “God of The Living.”) It can also be translated as “god-s of the living” or “god-s of life;” for those who have life immortal.
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.” (HaYah) in the ancient Semitic language means: The Living, or The Life.)
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Yahwah means “Life Began.”

In regards to the letters in Jehovah.

The letter J is a recent invention. The e vowel is not relevant. The O in the middle is a reminder to say Lord and not pronounce the name. The V is a Germanic influence on the Hebrew language.

Originally Yahuah, but in modern English it is Yahwah. Letters with a double U sound are assigned the letter W.
I suppose he never uses "Joseph", and "Jesus".
English is MY language.

I suppose he never uses "Joseph", and "Jesus".
English is MY language.
If you want to think that’s God’s one and only personal name no one can stop you. I’ve never met a believer who preferred that to “Father” who enjoyed any intimacy with God. It’s understandable though. The man who use another man’s first name to address him isn’t anywhere near as close to that man as his son.

Just because the Name isn't in Koine Greek doesn't mean Christ or his followers didn't use it.

Since he taught them to say, “Father” yes it does.
There is always a need to define terms. Yahwah is a Holy Spirit, and He is our Holy Father.

Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a (Master / Lord,) where is the respect due me?” says (the Lord / Yahwah) Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?

Back