Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Ye must be born again !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Our hope is the resurrection from the dead!
Thats a future hope. The point is that one is born again[in this life] by the Resurrection of Christ from the dead ! 1 Pet 1:3,23

Peter was writing to people who had been born again 1 Pet 1:22,23

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Born again of incorruptible seed!

Not born of ressurection!

Born of seed!

The seed is the word [message] of God!

The message is the Gospel!

JLB

Jesus said - "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Do you agree that one must be born of water and be born of The Spirit to enter the kingdom of God?

Yes or No?

No, because you are not quoting the verse correctly. The words are: "except a man be born of water and spirit...", "of water and spirit", "ek hydōr kai pneuma" The words are NOT "born of water and be born of The Spirit" like it's TWO THINGS. "water and spirit" is one operation, baptism. There are plenty of verses that tie baptism to receiving the Holy Spirit, I can post them if you disagree. It's obvious what Jesus means.

Now, you have been harping on another member because you think he's not answering your question. I have posted TWICE that IF your interpretation of the word "water" in John 3 means "natural birth", then:

1) Jesus is telling Nicodemus he is right. He does have to crawl back into his mother's womb to be saved.

2) To understand Jesus, there would have to be some point of reference that ties the phrase "born of water" to childbirth. I have asked twice for you to show me where "born of water" means childbirth in ANY documents from ANYWHERE. The best you can do is the ludicrous "water and blood" interpretation, which was debunked in the last post.
From your definition - to come into being

This is He who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. 1 John 5:6

So, in your opinion, Jesus "came into being" at His birth?He wasn't "from the foundation of the world" as it says in Scripture? Do you see how silly this gets when you go down this road?
Okay, let me ask you a simple question.

Do you believe that when Mary gave birth to Jesus, her water sack and her hymen broke when He came out?

Yes or No?

I don't know and neither do you. I doubt if John knew either. You are guessing at something we can never know in an attempt to bolster a weak case. What I do know is that this has nothing to do with the term "born of water". Unless you can find the term used for natural birth SOMEWHERE IN ANTIQUITY, I have to conclude that this argument was made up to explain away Jesus obvious meaning. After all, what did He do immediately after this discourse? That's right...baptized...

jlb

Born of seed!

Yes which Christ is that seed, that incorruptible seed. Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Do you know who her seed is ?

Gal 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jesus is referring to Himself as that corn or grain of wheat that is about to fall into the ground and die.

The word corn can be translated grain or seed !

Now notice what this seed or grain of corn does after it dies ,it brings forth fruit

The fruit here is the New Birth. Christ was the incorruptible seed, it was suffered that He should not see corruption Acts 13:35

Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

His Fruit is His Spiritual Offspring. The word fruit is the greek word
karpos and means:
fruit
a) the fruit of the trees, vines, of the fields

b) the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

Remember it is written of Christ after His Death, that He should see His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

And that is all them that are born again by His Resurrection from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

And so they are born again of incorruptible seed vs 23

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Born again means to be born from above........

Some people have disputed the fact that we were once with our Father in heaven world that then was prior to being born of the womb of woman into this Second Earth Age. Our Lord Jesus Christ makes it plain to those with eyes to see and ears to hear that we did not crawl out from under a rock, but were born from above. Study this lesson without the pre-conceived notions that have been pumped into your minds by the sottish teaching of men. Lets go to the book of John and examine the FACTS.

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. (KJV)

Nicodemus was of course a learned man in the traditions of the Jewish Religious community in Jerusalem. Observe very carefully the Words our Lord Jesus Christ said to this CHURCH LEADER, who did in fact believe Jesus Christ had come from God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Did Nicodemus ask our Lord a question? Our Lord gave an answer to a question that had not be asked, it is one of the most interesting subjects in the Scripture. "Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God." Our Lord went straight to the subject of eternal Life. Nicodemus had said he believed Christ was from God, so our Lord began to speak to him of heavenly things.

This verse is much quoted today, you've heard it, "brother are you born again", but words have meanings and the meaning of the Gk. word "anothen" is not "again", it is not correct to say that we are all born "again" the description of this occurrence in verse 3 is explained with much more clarity if it is correctly translated as is stated below "from Above or from the first". Born, Gk. gennao = to procreate refers to the birth of a child through the womb.

Strongs #1080 gennao (ghen-nah'-o); from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate:
Below the meaning in the Gk. "anothen", as you can see it is plainly "from above" or "from the first.
Strongs #509 anothen (an'-o-then); from 507; from above; by analogy, from the first; by implication, anew:
Did our Lord make this statement just to confuse Nicodemus or can we find more about this subject to prove the fact we must be "born from above". Below in the Book of Jude we see an example of those who REFUSED to be born (gennao) of the womb, but came directly to the earth in an attempt to destroy the seed line The Messiah was to be born (gennao) through.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (KJV)

The Nephilim (fallen angels) are those "angels" who did not keep their first estate, but left their own habitation,". Look at the verses below in Genesis Chapter 6 and you will see where they went and what they did when they left "their first estate".

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

the sons of God = angels. In the Hebrew men = ha-`adham, the man Adam (the Adamic people), in contrast to the angels.
They took all the women they wanted, the sons of God, supernatural entities are superior to men in the flesh. These smooth operators will return to this Earth Age as it is written in the Gospels of Matt 24:37-39 and Luke 17:26-27 to take part in the final days of deception with their leader Satan (Lucifer) coming as the Christ.

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

"he is also flesh", also= to stray from our Fathers truth/Him; The flesh made all men/angels sinners, not just the rebels.
Ps 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor. (KJV)

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. (KJV)

The result of the Nephilim (fallen angels) taking women to wife led to the offspring which are called "mighty ones" (Heb. Gerber). As stated in Jude 6 these "angels" are bound in everlasting (eternal) chains until they are cast down to the earth with Satan, very soon.

They are called rapha' (dead) because they were judged to death for avoiding the womb and coming to earth directly with the knowledge of the First World Age. This is the reason our Lord told Nicodemus men must be BORN (through the womb) from ABOVE. It is the first step for the Salvation for the sons (you and me) of our Father to qualify for eternal life. If you are reading this you have made that decision and taken this step. Read on.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Our Father was sorry He had made man on the earth.He did not say He was grieved because He had made man. It was because He had made man flesh on earth. Look at the next verse in John.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Do you suppose he was speaking of reincarnation here? Many who advocate that evil doctrine say our Lord was referring to reincarnation when He spoke of being "born again", their ignorance of the Greek manuscripts is apparent. We were not in "FLESH BODIES" in the First World (Earth) Age, you were in a undecaying (but mortal) "spiritual" body with mass. Your soul (self) /spirit (spiritual intellect) body was placed into the womb of your mother at the time of conception by our Father.

Ps 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Use your brain, again our Lord is telling Nicodemus a man must be "born" (Gk. gennao= procreate) of water. Water is of course the way we are all born, the water bag in the womb of your mother you lived in prior to your birth is what our Lord is referring to here. Do you know anyone who was not born this way? If you are reading this study you are "gennao anothen", (born from above). "Expect a man be born of water AND of the SPIRIT", both born of water (womb) and the spirit (resurrection through the knowledge of the Word) he cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God.

In John 3:3 our Lord said "Except a man be born again he cannot SEE the kingdom of God", (if a man {soul} refused being born of the water from the womb, he has absolutely no chance to reach the Kingdom of God and will not have eternal life).

In verse 5 our Lord completes the thought concerning what must be done to ENTER the Kingdom of God. You must do both, "Except a man be born of water (womb) AND of the spirit (accept Christ as savior in the flesh body) he cannot ENTER into the Kingdom of God".

When you chose to be born of the flesh you qualified for the second phase of the test, which is the acceptance of the Savior Jesus Christ the Living Word.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

I hope you can see here, our Lord was speaking of being born of FLESH and SPIRIT. If you are not born of the womb you forfeit your right to eternal life. If your spirit (intellect) does not accept Jesus Christ you forfeit your right to eternal life.
John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born from above.
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Just as Nicodemus did not know where the wind came from he also did not understand where his spirit came from, just as most of the people today have no concept of the First Earth Age or where their souls (spirit) come from. You can ask them and some will tell you they come from God, others think they evolved. They do not have a clue because they have been taught fairy tales by their "churches" concerning the Word of our Father. If you understand what your reading here, beloved, your blessed.

John 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

Poor Nicodemus, he could not grasp the heavenly Truths our Lord Jesus Christ was conveying to him. Do you?

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

How many "masters of Israel" (teachers) understand this simple teaching today? The message here is for those who depend on the "masters" to save their souls, "are you born again " ignorance is bliss until the time comes to pay the piper.

John 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

The Truths that were being stated by our Lord, He had seen, but the teacher Nicodemus could not understand because he was bogged down by the traditions of the "religious community", not much has changed sense that time.

John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

These heavenly things were planned in the First World Age to allow the rebels a chance to redeem themselves in this the Second Earth Age. To be born innocent of that knowledge from the First Earth Age, through the womb of the woman (water) to be tried when the false Christ appears on the earth. Are you one of those "rebels", or do you understand the earthly as well as the heavenly things? In other words if you don't understand the phycial things, how are you going to understand the spiritual.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John goes deeper into this subject, NO MAN HATH ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN, BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN. Is this hard to understand in the context of verses 3-5-7, (born from above) you must come DOWN from heaven before you can ASCEND to heaven after your flesh body dies.. ALL MEN MUST DO THIS. LEARN FROM YOUR FATHERS WORD.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

His sacrifice is what allowed these men (rebels) a chance at redemption, by being born through the womb of woman in a flesh body, He did exactly what He ASKED all His children to do. Numbers 21:9.
John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

That's what this teaching in the previous verses is about, "how to enter the Kingdom of God (eternal life)." Our Lord set down two specific rules that ALL MEN HAD TO ACCOMPLISH to avoid perishing, the second death (soul death).
We are now in the Second of the Three World Ages. If you do not understand this you are handicapped because you are ignorant as to the reason we are here. You cannot understand the rebellion in the First World Age if you believe your soul was "created" at the birth of your flesh body. Christianity receives much criticism because of the brutal action our Father allows in this age. In ignorance these critics look around the world and see the pain and suffering which leads them to question the loving kindness of our Father.

All souls participated in the First World Age and their actions at that time determine much of what happens to them in this age. By looking at this age only, you blind yourself to the reality of the overall Plan of God because you are looking at a small piece of the picture (earthly things).

Linecros.gif

Doctrine of Election
Look at the below verses in Romans and you will understand the doctrine of election. The reason our Father "hated" Esau BEFORE HE WAS BORN OF THE WOMB, look at it in the context of the First World Age.

Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. (KJV)

You can come to a couple of conclusions if you only see this earth age, our Father plays favorites, or creates souls to be good or evil. How else could he "hate" Esau before he was born, just an embryo in the womb. You can say our Father knew what Esau would do because He knows everything, but if that's the case why would He even bother to create one whom He knew would be evil? Is He playing a game just for His amusement? How can He be amused if He already knows what will happen to each and every soul? This indeed would be unrighteousness with God.

But if you understand the Three World/Earth Ages then you know our Lord has the right to interfere with the WILL of those He uses to fulfill His Plan/Purpose in this Earth Age. Our Father knew what Esau had accomplished in the First Earth Age, our Lord used him for the negative part of His Plan for this age. This is the doctrine of Election, Paul as Saul was a persecutor of the Christians, Paul's free will was to kill and imprison the very people he would teach at his CALLING. see Acts 7:57-60, 8:1-4
Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2. And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. (KJV)

The description of Saul in the verses above illustrates how this zealot actively pursued those who followed our Lord. It is an important question for us to ask as to why our Lord would want this one to write most of the New Testament.

Acts 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. (KJV)

Do you think Saul was lucky and just happen to be in the right place at the right time, or did our Lord set Saul on the earth for the specific purpose of writing most of His New Testament? It is obvious to those who understand the Three World (Earth) Ages that Paul was justified (judged) from the actions he took in the First World Age.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: (KJV)

Again why do you suppose our Lord chose Paul, because he had a nice smile or cool hair? Of course not, He was chosen because of his actions in the First World Age. Look at the Book of Romans 8:28-30 concerning those who are CALLED.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the CALLED according to His PURPOSE (PLAN).

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Foreknow in the Gk. as seen below means "to know beforehand", both Esau and Saul were placed on this earth by our Father in very important positions, one as a tyrant, the other as a great teacher. One positive, the other negative, both "proginosko" for the purpose to carry out the Plan of God. You must come to grips with this TRUTH.

Strongs # 4267 proginosko (prog-in-oce'-ko); from 4253 and 1097; to know beforehand, i.e. foresee: KJV-- foreknow (ordain), know (before).
Strongs #4253 pro (pro); a primary preposition; "fore", i.e. in front of, prior (figuratively, superior) to: KJV-- above, ago, before, or ever. In comparison it retains the same significations.
Strongs #1097 ginosko (ghin-oce'-ko); a prolonged form of a primary verb; to "know" (absolutely) in a great variety of applications and with many implications (as follow, with others not thus clearly expressed): KJV-- allow, be aware (of), feel, (have) know (-ledge), perceived, be resolved, can speak, be sure, understand.

Take a look at the Gk. word for predestinate, proorizo = TO LIMIT IN ADVANCE, the Election do not have free will, they have a limit as to there activities on the earth in this age. They must complete the course our Father has given them to accomplish, this is how our Fathers Plan is carried out in this Second Earth Age.

Strongs #4309 proorizo (pro-or-id'-zo); from 4253 and 3724; to limit in advance, i.e. (figuratively) predetermine: KJV-- determine before, ordain, predestinate.
Strongs #3724 horizo (hor-id'-zo); from 3725; to mark out or bound ("horizon"), i.e. (figuratively) to appoint, decree, specify: KJV-- declare, determine, limit, ordain.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (KJV)

"and whom He called, look at the root "keleuo" = hail, to incite by word, i.e. ORDER, those He calls do not have a choice, just as Paul did not have a choice when our Lord CALLED HIM.
Strongs # 2564 kaleo (kal-eh'-o); akin to the base of 2753; to "call" (properly, aloud, but used in a variety of applications, dir. or otherwise): KJV-- bid, call (forth), (whose, whose sur-) name (was [called]).

Strongs #2753 keleuo (kel-yoo'-o); from a primary kello (to urge on); "hail"; to incite by word, i.e. order: KJV-- bid, (at, give) command (-ment).
The word "Justified" used in verse 30 as you can see means "to render just or INNOCENT. Strongs #1344 dikaioo (dik-ah-yo'-o); from 1342; to render (i.e. show or regard as) just or innocent: KJV-- free, justify (-ier), be righteous.

Strongs #1342 dikaios (dik'-ah-yos); from 1349; equitable (in character or act); by implication, innocent, holy (absolutely or relatively): KJV-- just, meet, right (-eous).
Strongs #1349 dike (dee'-kay); probably from 1166; right (as self-evident), i.e. justice (the principle, a decision, or its execution): KJV-- judgment, punish, vengeance.

Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (KJV)

Those of the Elect were judged innocent in the First World Age, they come into this Age only to help fulfill the Plan of God. He will not hold them accountable for there lives because He intercedes on there behalf. Do you understand the fact that the Elect stood by our Father in the First World Age when the rebellion took place, they earned the right to be called Election, they are not here (second earth age) to be tested, but only to serve those souls who are in jeopardy of losing their life to the second death. The Elect are nothing special, they just have a job to do in this Earth Age.

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, (KJV)

Again the Elect were chosen by our Father because of their actions in the first earth age, they played an active role at the rebellion. Above in Ephesians you can plainly see it occurred before the Earth was rearranged for this age of flesh.

Most of the souls in this age are FREE WILLED INDIVIDUALS who are accountable for their actions. It is believed by many who understand this doctrine that the one-third of the souls who were deceived (Rev 12:4) by Lucifer into worshipping him in the WORLD THAT THEN WAS (2 Peter 3:6) are now living in this age today. Satan as the Christ will appear on this earth to test those same souls who failed in that First Earth Age.

http://www.bobbyred.com/bronfromabove.htm

Born again means to be born from above........

Some people have disputed the fact that we were once with our Father in heaven world that then was prior to being born of the womb of woman into this Second Earth Age. Our Lord Jesus Christ makes it plain to those with eyes to see and ears to hear that we did not crawl out from under a rock, but were born from above. Study this lesson without the pre-conceived notions that have been pumped into your minds by the sottish teaching of men. Lets go to the book of John and examine the FACTS.

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. (KJV)

Nicodemus was of course a learned man in the traditions of the Jewish Religious community in Jerusalem. Observe very carefully the Words our Lord Jesus Christ said to this CHURCH LEADER, who did in fact believe Jesus Christ had come from God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Did Nicodemus ask our Lord a question? Our Lord gave an answer to a question that had not be asked, it is one of the most interesting subjects in the Scripture. "Except a man be born again, he cannot SEE the kingdom of God." Our Lord went straight to the subject of eternal Life. Nicodemus had said he believed Christ was from God, so our Lord began to speak to him of heavenly things.

This verse is much quoted today, you've heard it, "brother are you born again", but words have meanings and the meaning of the Gk. word "anothen" is not "again", it is not correct to say that we are all born "again" the description of this occurrence in verse 3 is explained with much more clarity if it is correctly translated as is stated below "from Above or from the first". Born, Gk. gennao = to procreate refers to the birth of a child through the womb.

Strongs #1080 gennao (ghen-nah'-o); from a variation of 1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate:
Below the meaning in the Gk. "anothen", as you can see it is plainly "from above" or "from the first.
Strongs #509 anothen (an'-o-then); from 507; from above; by analogy, from the first; by implication, anew:
Did our Lord make this statement just to confuse Nicodemus or can we find more about this subject to prove the fact we must be "born from above". Below in the Book of Jude we see an example of those who REFUSED to be born (gennao) of the womb, but came directly to the earth in an attempt to destroy the seed line The Messiah was to be born (gennao) through.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. (KJV)

The Nephilim (fallen angels) are those "angels" who did not keep their first estate, but left their own habitation,". Look at the verses below in Genesis Chapter 6 and you will see where they went and what they did when they left "their first estate".

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

the sons of God = angels. In the Hebrew men = ha-`adham, the man Adam (the Adamic people), in contrast to the angels.
They took all the women they wanted, the sons of God, supernatural entities are superior to men in the flesh. These smooth operators will return to this Earth Age as it is written in the Gospels of Matt 24:37-39 and Luke 17:26-27 to take part in the final days of deception with their leader Satan (Lucifer) coming as the Christ.

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

"he is also flesh", also= to stray from our Fathers truth/Him; The flesh made all men/angels sinners, not just the rebels.
Ps 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor. (KJV)

Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. (KJV)

The result of the Nephilim (fallen angels) taking women to wife led to the offspring which are called "mighty ones" (Heb. Gerber). As stated in Jude 6 these "angels" are bound in everlasting (eternal) chains until they are cast down to the earth with Satan, very soon.

They are called rapha' (dead) because they were judged to death for avoiding the womb and coming to earth directly with the knowledge of the First World Age. This is the reason our Lord told Nicodemus men must be BORN (through the womb) from ABOVE. It is the first step for the Salvation for the sons (you and me) of our Father to qualify for eternal life. If you are reading this you have made that decision and taken this step. Read on.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Our Father was sorry He had made man on the earth.He did not say He was grieved because He had made man. It was because He had made man flesh on earth. Look at the next verse in John.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Do you suppose he was speaking of reincarnation here? Many who advocate that evil doctrine say our Lord was referring to reincarnation when He spoke of being "born again", their ignorance of the Greek manuscripts is apparent. We were not in "FLESH BODIES" in the First World (Earth) Age, you were in a undecaying (but mortal) "spiritual" body with mass. Your soul (self) /spirit (spiritual intellect) body was placed into the womb of your mother at the time of conception by our Father.

Ps 104:4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Use your brain, again our Lord is telling Nicodemus a man must be "born" (Gk. gennao= procreate) of water. Water is of course the way we are all born, the water bag in the womb of your mother you lived in prior to your birth is what our Lord is referring to here. Do you know anyone who was not born this way? If you are reading this study you are "gennao anothen", (born from above). "Expect a man be born of water AND of the SPIRIT", both born of water (womb) and the spirit (resurrection through the knowledge of the Word) he cannot ENTER into the kingdom of God.

In John 3:3 our Lord said "Except a man be born again he cannot SEE the kingdom of God", (if a man {soul} refused being born of the water from the womb, he has absolutely no chance to reach the Kingdom of God and will not have eternal life).

In verse 5 our Lord completes the thought concerning what must be done to ENTER the Kingdom of God. You must do both, "Except a man be born of water (womb) AND of the spirit (accept Christ as savior in the flesh body) he cannot ENTER into the Kingdom of God".

When you chose to be born of the flesh you qualified for the second phase of the test, which is the acceptance of the Savior Jesus Christ the Living Word.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

I hope you can see here, our Lord was speaking of being born of FLESH and SPIRIT. If you are not born of the womb you forfeit your right to eternal life. If your spirit (intellect) does not accept Jesus Christ you forfeit your right to eternal life.
John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born from above.
John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Just as Nicodemus did not know where the wind came from he also did not understand where his spirit came from, just as most of the people today have no concept of the First Earth Age or where their souls (spirit) come from. You can ask them and some will tell you they come from God, others think they evolved. They do not have a clue because they have been taught fairy tales by their "churches" concerning the Word of our Father. If you understand what your reading here, beloved, your blessed.

John 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

Poor Nicodemus, he could not grasp the heavenly Truths our Lord Jesus Christ was conveying to him. Do you?

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

How many "masters of Israel" (teachers) understand this simple teaching today? The message here is for those who depend on the "masters" to save their souls, "are you born again " ignorance is bliss until the time comes to pay the piper.

John 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

The Truths that were being stated by our Lord, He had seen, but the teacher Nicodemus could not understand because he was bogged down by the traditions of the "religious community", not much has changed sense that time.

Yes! You have the whole concept!

Salvation is for those who go through the "legitimate process" of becoming flesh!

One small point of disagreement!

The Nephilim (fallen angels) are those "angels" who did not keep their first estate, but left their own habitation,"
Nephilim were the "offspring" of The sons of God and the daughters of men!

I don't find were the term "sons of God" refers to "fallen ones" in the sense of fallen angels who were "cast out". The offspring were defiantly fallen.

The sons of God in Job were defiantly angels!

Both Peter and Jude refer to them as angels.

Now I know they are "angels"in the sense that the gifts and callings are without repentance and once they are sons they are always sons whether rebellious or not, however there is no clear designation as to this!

Whatever the case, those who would alter the pure genetic strain in these last days would do so by other means, for they have learned of the great punishment of the others, being chained in Tartarus! More on this!

The point is the Nephilim were the offspring, not the parents! Hybrid's don't procreate!

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them.

Thanks for your post!

JLB

New Birth is a Promise of the New Covenant !

What many in organized religion do not understand is that New Birth is a promise New Covenant Blessing. Here it is stated Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Yes, the promise is here clearly stated, that God will given New Birth to all for whom Christ died for, because He satisfied by His Blood all the conditions of the New Covenant that procured for them a New Life dedicated to God ! Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament or covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

When God says " I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, He is speaking of the components of New Birth !

This is why all for whom Christ died, by His Resurrection they shall be begotten again ! 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

The word begotten again means:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

New Birth must be effected by the Blood of the Covenant for the many it was shed for Matt 26:28

New Birth is a Promise of the New Covenant !

What many in organized religion do not understand is that New Birth is a promise New Covenant Blessing. Here it is stated Jer 31:33

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Yes, the promise is here clearly stated, that God will given New Birth to all for whom Christ died for, because He satisfied by His Blood all the conditions of the New Covenant that procured for them a New Life dedicated to God ! Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament or covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

When God says " I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts, He is speaking of the components of New Birth !

This is why all for whom Christ died, by His Resurrection they shall be begotten again ! 1 Pet 1:3

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

New Birth must be effected by the Blood of the Covenant for the many it was shed for Matt 26:28

Are you insinuating that we are not born again until we are resurrected from the dead?

Our hope is the resurrection from the dead.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ...

We are born again of incorruptible seed, which is the word of God.

The word of God here is the Gospel !

JLB

Are you insinuating that we are not born again until we are resurrected from the dead?

Our hope is the resurrection from the dead.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ...

We are born again of incorruptible seed, which is the word of God.

The word of God here is the Gospel !

JLB

Can you prove anything wrong in post 128 ?

Can you prove anything wrong in post 128 ?

according to this statement below -

This is why all for whom Christ died, by His Resurrection they shall be begotten again...

A. By saying shall be, are you insinuating that they will be born again at the resurrection?

or

B. That they shall be born again when they believe the Gospel Message and confess with their mouth and believe in their heart?...

A. or B.

JLB

jlb

By saying shall be, are you insinuating that they will be born again
at the resurrection?

No, can't you read ? 1 Pet 1:3,23

Now in post 128 can you prove anything wrong ?

jlb

No, can't you read ? 1 Pet 1:3,23

Now in post 128 can you prove anything wrong ?

I know what the scripture says, I am questioning what you say.

according to this statement below -

This is why all for whom Christ died, by His Resurrection they shall be begotten again...

Hopefully you see the difference.

JLB

jlb

What the scripture said ! That is what I posted !

No, you most certainly did not!

This is what you said -

That is you explaining the scripture!

By avoiding to answer a simple straight foreword question, it is evident that you have changed your position and simply don't want to admit it.

I understand.

JLB

jlb

No, you most certainly did not!

Yes i did, and you keep it up, you will be ignored, now deal with it !

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
John 3:1-6 (KJV)

Hi Born Again:

What you say and what your screen name describes, is vitally important, yes.

Some folk keep saying they are Christians and then keep wondering if their efforts are good enough.

But like you say, from Scripture, the issue is whether they are born again, which is a work of the Holy Spirit, when they repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings.

Hi Born Again:

What you say and what your screen name describes, is vitally important, yes.

Some folk keep saying they are Christians and then keep wondering if their efforts are good enough.

But like you say, from Scripture, the issue is whether they are born again, which is a work of the Holy Spirit, when they repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings.

Amen!

far

But like you say, from Scripture, the issue is whether they are born again,
which is a work of the Holy Spirit, when they repent and believe in the Lord
Jesus Christ.

Thats a fasle teaching. A person is born again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

But like you say, from Scripture, the issue is whether they are born again,
which is a work of the Holy Spirit, when they repent and believe in the Lord
Jesus Christ.

far
Thats a fasle teaching. A person is born again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

I'm not sure this is fair to say at all.
I would not go so far as to say farouk is wrong on his assertion. A believers awareness of their rebirth is an important element in their relationship with God, and that takes place when they turn to Christ in repentance of their sin.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back