Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

youre banned!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How would you like to work in our quality control department? It would be your job to taste-test samples of the cookies and make sure they're good.

:adore:muchlove:love2:heart

Marry me, Theo!

I've heard that chocolate had amorous effects, but I didn't expect this. I'll have to give this some serious thought, but for now, sports and sports fans, expecially those from Filedelfia, are banned.

Hey, Lewis, I just wanted to let you know that our Phillies are back in phirst place where they belong.

I've heard that chocolate had amorous effects, but I didn't expect this. I'll have to give this some serious thought, but for now, sports and sports fans, expecially those from Filedelfia, are banned.

Who misspelt what, Lewis? :chin I can't see any flaws anywhere.

Hey, Lewis, I just wanted to let you know that our Phillies are back in phirst place where they belong.
Not for long. I am praying for anyone to take the lead.

looked at the clock when i typed that.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, Theophilus (Notice the correct spelling) but there's no such place as "Filadelphia."

Note to my phriend Jasoncran: Don't hold your breath waiting for "anytime" to take the lead. The Phillies just phinished pounding the Mets 11-0!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Theophilus (Notice the correct spelling) but there's no such place as "Filadelphia."

Note to my phriend Jasoncran: Don't hold your breath waiting for "anytime" to take the lead. The Phillies just phinished pounding the Mets 11-0!!!!!!!!!
I serve an almighty God. when i pray i believe he hears me. :yes

I never said there was. I said Filadelfia, and there most certainly is such a place. Here's a picture of the College there.

un-colegio-muy-grande.jpg

There's an Icelandic Pentecostle church there. Look at what it says on the logo in the upper left hand corner of their web site.

Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and James Stewart once starred in a movie about the history of Filadelfia

Historias_De_Filadelfia_1.jpg

Filadelfia also has it's own page on Wikipedia - Filadelfia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're banned for not knowing how to spell Filadelfia, or not knowing of the existance of your own city, take your pick.

Okay Theophilus (Notice the improved spelling). You're right. There really is a city called "Filadelphia," but only because Icelanders spell it wrong. You are therefor banned for the following reasons:

1) Thinking that I am from Filadelphia
2) Thinking that I am from Philadelphia
3) For not teaching your fellow Icelanders how to spell
4) For not spelling your own name correctly
5) And worst of all, for living in a country that does not adore the Philadelphia Phillies, because we're going to the World Series!

Okay Theophilus (Notice the improved spelling). You're right. There really is a city called "Filadelphia," but only because Icelanders spell it wrong. You are therefor banned for the following reasons:

5) And worst of all, for living in a country that does not adore the Philadelphia Phillies, because we're going to the World Series!
NO, banned for not supporting the yankees. they will go to World Series.

You're still getting it wrong, it's not Filedelphia, but Filaelfia, with two F's. And it has nothing to do with Icelandic spelling. According to Wikipedia, there are a number of towns with that name spelled with two F's.

* Filadelfia, Paraguay
* Filadelfia, Vibo Valentia, Italy
* Filadelfia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
* Filadelfia, Caldas, Colombia
* Filadélfia, Tocantins, a town in Tocantins, Brazil
* Filadélfia, Bahia, a town in Bahia, Brazil
* Nea Filadelfeia, a suburb in the northern part of Athens, Greece

That last one is spelled a little differently, but it's close enough. It has two F's.

As for my user name, it is a transliteration of the Greek name Θεόφιλος The first letter is a Theta. In English, it is transliterated as TH, since English lacks a letter for the Theta sound. In Icelandic we use the single letter Þ, but most forums wouldn't accept that as part of a user name, so I'm forced to use Th as the first two letters. The fourth letter in Θεόφιλος is the letter you transliterate as PH. That makes no sense, however, since you do have a single letter with which to transliterate it - F. Hence, the user name Theofilus.

Filadelfia (what you incorrectly spell as Philadelphia) is also a transliteration from Greek. The original word is Φιλαδέλφεια, which has two Fi's (the first and eighth letters), which should be transliterated with a single letter - F.

You are banned for improper transliteration of Greek words.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, for the ultimate Ban!

May I have the envelope, please?

Our winner is:

Lewis! Who wrote:

"And your banned because you can't spell your ABC's"

Lewis, you made a spelling error in that sentence!

Oh, my greatness. That is something that was drilled into us by my St.2 English teacher like there was no tomorrow. You’re / your, it’s / its, quit / quite / quiet, which / witch, weather / whether.

I still wake up screaming. Vince, you’re banned for making me scream.

l'Chante said:
Oh, my greatness. That is something that was drilled into us by my St.2 English teacher like there was no tomorrow. You’re / your, it’s / its, quit / quite / quiet, which / witch, weather / whether.

You're banned because, well, I haven't banned anyone in a while :rolling

Where, oh where, have all the spammers gone? Pay day cash loan spammers where are you????

Yore baned for screaming at Vince becaus of hiss spellling mistackes. You shouldnt oughta knot due that. Knot evrybody kan be perfikt at spellling and grammer like me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back