Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

1 John 1: Against self-justifying doctrine

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jesus likely died from a combination of blood loss and asphyxiation. There is no comparison between the death and resurrection Jesus had and the kind Paul talked about in Romans 6. Paul is just speaking analogously.
We are in Him at His death and burial, by water baptism. (Rom 6:3-6)
We can't get rid of the flesh until we die because the flesh is not born again, but the spirit.
Show me the scripture indicating partial rebirth.
Gal 5:24 says..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
Now tell us about the inability to be rid of the "flesh".
Rom 6:6 says..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
Col 2:11 says..."In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:"
Do you have anything like this?
Matt 15
19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, and slander.
Absolutely not.
If you submit to God, you can resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7)

After one or more of you who do not know the answer, a very basic unchanging answer by the way,
answer me what man or woman you listen to re the Bible,
Why not just answer my question, if there is more to Jesus' death than blood loss and asphyxiation ?
Why the big mystery ?
then
I will tell you the answer which already I thought you should know if you were taught by someone who knows.

I have not tried to listen to nor to investigate nor to check out all the tele-evangelists or those who broadcast the shows you all are listening to ....
and barely ever do you reveal who the false teacher, or the good teacher? , is .....
Good move, as I have yet to see any of them preach true righteousness.
but by your lack of knowing, show a serious deficiency... with a positive expectation , at least a little hope, that they are not false and not in apostasy , the blind leading the blind....
So, be better that those deserving of castigation.

Good move, as I have yet to see any of them preach true righteousness.
Is it true, none of them you ever listened to or read that you remember , none of them as far as you know taught
how Jesus died ?
And maybe just as important, who could not kill Jesus ?

Is it true, none of them you ever listened to or read that you remember , none of them as far as you know taught
how Jesus died ?
And maybe just as important, who could not kill Jesus ?
Keep the mystery to yourself.
The reason He died is the only matter of importance.

Keep the mystery to yourself.
The reason He died is the only matter of importance.
If as is the case someone is taught one error, like the lie that Jesus the Messiah could have died from blood loss,
it is almost certain
that they have other errors. Some errors may be fatal.

"Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God;

whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11

Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work."

Did anyone here read the Bible ? (concerning Y'SHUA'S Crucifixion)
You mean the part about how Jesus taught his blood was "poured out" for the New Covenant? That's not a trickle. Or how about Revelation that says their robes are washed in the blood of the Lamb? That's compatible with saying Jesus died by a loss of blood.

If as is the case someone is taught one error, like the lie that Jesus the Messiah could have died from blood loss,
it is almost certain
that they have other errors. Some errors may be fatal.
By focusing on the minutia, some miss the big picture.
"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;" (1 Cor 15:3)

You mean the part about how Jesus taught his blood was "poured out" for the New Covenant? That's not a trickle. Or how about Revelation that says their robes are washed in the blood of the Lamb? That's compatible with saying Jesus died by a loss of blood.
Yeah...or how was the pre-cursor "lamb" killed on the OT ?

By focusing on the minutia, some miss the big picture.
IF something so simple is in such grievous error in what you were taught,
how much greater is the error along with it.

As Jesus Says: If something so common/earthly/easy is beyond your understanding,
how can you expect to understand anything spiritual ?

The way that seems right to a man, leading to a path of destruction.

You don't see, do you, if you contradict Scripture, that is not at all good nor right.

Here's a bold and little hint: WHO , according to ALL SCRIPTURE, IS ABLE to kill Jesus ?

IF something so simple is in such grievous error in what you were taught,
how much greater is the error along with it.

As Jesus Says: If something so common/earthly/easy is beyond your understanding,
how can you expect to understand anything spiritual ?
Did Jesus ever refuse to answer a question from a believer ?

Never mind...we are going far off topic.

Did Jesus ever refuse to answer a question from a believer ?
Yes He often did. He spoke what YHVH gave Him to Speak.

If you look it up in the Bible (have you read the Bible ? or are you being taught by someone who does not know the Bible?)

If God Permits, You can find the answer, whether fast or slow, I do not know.

1 John 1 is not just against sinners saying they have no sin, but is specifically about sinners believing they have no sin condemned by God, because they name His name.

Jeremiah 2 shows this is the main source of the Lord's rebuke in 1 John 1:

Yet thou sayest, Because I am innocent, surely his anger shall turn from me. Behold, I will plead with thee, because thou sayest, I have not sinned.

It is God still pleading against His own unrepentant people beleiving God is not angry with their sinning, like that of the heathen.
This is very pertinent here today.

It looks like the same difficulty for or with hopefl2 came up earlier in this thread. More than two or three times ?

I already documented difference between Christian sinners and habitual sinners.

Christian people sin daily in the flesh and have to repent.

Epistle John. 1:9. If we confess our sins,He is just to forgive our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1:10 . If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Reprobates follow satan. They wont repent and they listen to false preachers. The truth hurts thier ears.
ADOKIMOS in Greek means = reject, cast away. Reprobates.
1 Corinthians 9:27
Titus 1:16

Hebrews chapter 6:8
Describes a reprobates on judgement day, God himself will reject them. They might claim to be Christian pejople, but thier actions speak clearly.

Romans chapter 1:21-23. Reprobates
Self worship
Self gratification
Idols /Rebellion

Hate the truth
Listening to fake shepherds
Dead works
Cross reference, 1 Corinthians chapter 13:5.
Those who love and serve God. They repent.
Have good works
Produce fruit for God
Are disciplined
Obedience to God.
Study sound doctrine

The difference between children of darkness and children of light.

I'm not going to waste any more time on this.
hopeful:

Since it is repeated difficulties without resolution,
bye!

The way that seems right to a man, leading to a path of destruction.

You don't see, do you, if you contradict Scripture, that is not at all good nor right.

Here's a bold and little hint: WHO , according to ALL SCRIPTURE, IS ABLE to kill Jesus ?
Jesus was killed, but God who cannot be killed raised him from the dead because of Jesus' reverence for Him.

Acts 3
15You killed the Author of life, but God raised Him from the dead, and we are witnesses of the fact.

Yeah...or how was the pre-cursor "lamb" killed on the OT ?
The sacrifice was sometimes drained of all of its blood. It occured to me that Jesus said after his resurrection that he is "flesh and bone" but no mention of being "flesh and blood." Luke 24:39.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back