Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So you do not use your mind to understand Scripture?
I don't teach my own mind and thinking as Scripture. My mind changes to agree with God, not the other way around.

That's what renewal of our minds is.

I never have. But if you say Jerusalem is the Whore... then you are teaching your private interpretation as what Scripture states.
I've given the Scriptural reason for it. Unless someone can show it's not possible, then I'll continue to do so.

If your quotes from Scripture are taken out of context then the person taking things out of context is going against Scripture.

True. If I do, then someone can show me how I do. Otherwise, I'm not.
So you say everyone else is in error and you are the only pure one around.
Just because you're not able to show any error in my teaching, doesn't mean you're in error, nor does it make me more pure than you. It only means I have the sense of Scripture that you don't at this time.

But can you see when Scripture does not agree with you?
Very much so when I read and see it. And also when others show me the Scriptures to prove it.

The problem is not many people actually correct others by Scripture, but only by opinion. I'm not interested in opinions.

I don't ask you to immediately agree with me. But neither should I immediately agree with you.
Not at all. All I ask is for Scriptural proof of why. Not many people even try to do that.

Where do you get that insight? Do you know what I am thinking? So now you are claiming to read minds.
No, I read words.

You challenged me to state why Jerusalem was not the Whore.
I gave almost every verse in Rev 17+18 to back my position.
True. I saw it and responded.

You didn't show by any Scriptures in Revelation why that great city Jerusalem can't be that great city Babylon. You only showed it's not at this time.

Prophecy is speaking of the end of this age just before the Lord's return.

You also showed no city on earth now fits the bill. So, you only showed what we all already know about today.
That is why I do not teach. Too many things get in the way. I prefer to debate.
The problem is you can't debate teaching without teaching. And you need to learn how to debate accurately.

You're effort to disprove Jerusalem in Revelation is Babylon, at the time of the end, falls short. No one is saying Jerusalem today is showing all the things of Babylon. I am teaching by Scripture that great city at the end of this age is that great city Jerusalem.

Put the Scriptures in Revelation speaking of that great city together, and it makes perfect sense. Except of course for New Jerusalem.

I brought a lot of Biblical references to my side of the argument.
Pick one and let us discuss/debate/midrash this out.

So maybe I am the one being moved by the Holy Ghost and you are the one resisting the Lord.
or not.
We're not speaking of being moved by the Holy Ghost, because neither of us is prophecying nor writing Scripture of God.

I make an obvious connection about that great city in Revelation, and you disagree and haven't proven by Scripture why not.

The gentiles will only occupy Jerusalem for 42 months.

Revelation 11
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

That it 3.5 years.
No more than 42 months.
You say gentiles and I say nations.

The two Christian witnesses who arrive with the gentiles will be telling the inhabitants of Jerusalem they should get the mark of the Israeli government and trying to convince everyone in Israel it is not the mark of the beast.
Did you misspeak, or are you saying God claims false prophets as His two witnesses?

I guess you did know the false prophet with two horns will be in Jerusalem for those 1260 days.
True.

The woman will have to flee into the wilderness it will be so bad in Babylon.

True again. God commands His people to come out of her.
Revelation 18:4
“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.”

Her sins she commits during the time of the two witnesses is worshiping the beast and it's image and receiving its mark.
True again. Not to mention killing God's two witnesses when their ministry is finished.

They will be part of the resurrection and rapture of the church at the Lord's return.

Thanks. I replied elsewhere. You show how no city fits the bill for that great city today.

We already know that. Jesus is prophecying that great city to come just before His return, not today.

That great city will be Jerusalem in that time to come. If I see a great Christian false apostle out of Jerusalem, that makes much of the world believe he is christ come again in the flesh, then I'll know where not to go for ministry of Christ.

The great city is in Rev 11, 14, 16-18, & 21. Since the great city in Rev 21 is New Jerusalem, then we can discount that one as being the great city Babylon of Revelation.

Your task is to show in Revelation how the great city Jerusalem and the great city named Babylon cannot be the same.

Until then, it makes perfect sense that great city is the same throughout Revelation, except of course for New Jerusalem.

I believe the Scriptural sense of it. Personal beliefs don't matter to me.

We're speaking of that great city just before the Lord returns. If you are saying the Lord is returning today or tomorrow, then say so. And tell us which great city fits the bill today.

Slaying the Lord doesn't count?

Then why are you acting as if the descriptions of prophecy must be fully seen today?

You're not proving by Scripture of Revelation that great city Babylon cannot be that great city Jerusalem. All you're doing is showing no city on earth fits the bill today.

Not today.

I've never heard of a nation committing a sexual act with a city. Even the orgies of Rome didn't pull that one off.

When we see the last false apostle selling himself as christ come again in the flesh, and much of the world believes it, then ask.

Now you're saying that great city is already come in all her glory and has already fallen.

Not at all.

I'm looking for proof in the Scriptures of Revelation that great city Babylon cannot be that great city Jerusalem, just before the Lord returns, which is when that great city is prophesied of rising and falling.

I already know that great city has yet to rear her head in full whorish glory, much less already fallen.

I also already know it's not that great city New Jerusalem.
Does the destruction of Babylon happen before or after the Millennium?

Did you misspeak, or are you saying God claims false prophets as His two witnesses?

True.

True again. Not to mention killing God's two witnesses when their ministry is finished.

They will be part of the resurrection and rapture of the church at the Lord's return.
Babylon does not kill the two witnesses.
The two witnesses occupy the drunken prostitute babylon for 1260 days.No one from Jerusalem or Israel ever do any harm to those two witnesses.

It's the beast that ascends out of the bottomless Pit and the ten horns that kill the two witnesses.The beast that ascends from the abiss hates the whore.
Do you understand?

Revelation 17:16
The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

Revelation 11
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

THE PROSTITUTE DOES NOT KILL THE TWO WITNESSES.HER ENEMIES DO.

As for the two witnesses ,God did not send them.Jesus said in the gospel that God sent his Son last.

Mathew 21:37
Last of all, he sent his son to them. ‘They will respect my son,’ he said.

God has not sent a prophet since and doesn't.He sent his Son last.Thextwo witnesses are witnesses of Christ.They are two christians who spend time with a drunken prostitute tormenting her enemies.

I know this is not directed at me, but I still want to reply to this.

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed at least twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. So by showing us with scripture who is this beast you talk about and exactly when will it destroy Jerusalem?

There are three places in Revelation that speaks about the bottomless pit, but none speaks about a beast that comes up to attack and destroy Jerusalem.

Revelation 9:1-12 speaks about a bottomless pit, but only locust that come up out of it as they are commanded by God to not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

Apollyon is king over the bottomless pit that was given the key meaning Gods authority and power was given him to open the pit and gives these locust their authority to go forth and torment men for five months. Apollyon means destroyer in Greek and destruction in Hebrew as he is known as Abaddon in Hebrew. He is an angel of God that He uses throughout the OT and here in vs. 1, 11 to bring about Gods commands when it comes to the destruction of people of disobedience, Exodus 12:23; 2Kings 6:14-18; Proverbs 15:11, 12; Jeremiah 4:7; Daniel 10:13; 1 Corinthians 10:10.​

Revelation 11:7 is about the two witnesses and has nothing to do with Jerusalem being attacked or any other nation at that time. The beast that rises up out of the bottomless pit is that of a Luciferian system that controls world wide economics, political, military, educational, environmental and false religious system that tries to silence the two witnesses sent by God.

Zechariah 4:1-6; 4:11-14 explains that these two witnesses are the word of God in all power and might and the Holy Spirit which is the oil that is poured out on those who God anoints with His Holy Spirit. There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit that are one and three that bear witness in earth as being the Holy Spirit, the word and the blood of Jesus and these three agree in one, 1 John 5:7, 8. Only God can give power to act on His word as the Holy Spirit and Jesus bare witness to Gods power and authority especially through signs and wonders.

The third bottomless pit that is mentioned in Revelation 20:1-3 is the timing when Satan will be cast into the bottomless pit until the 1000 years are finished.

All three bottomless pits are only symbolic and not literal holes in the ground without any bottoms.​
Maybe you missed it.
The two witnesses occupy Jerusalem for 42 months. They are living in Jerusalem ,eating ,drinking and sleeping in Jerusalem .
Scripture says that the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit attacks and kills these two occupants of the city of Jerusalem. To his is the only city this beast has attacked. Three days after they are attacked and killed the Lord comes and is made king of all the earth.

Now we read zech 14 where the nations attack Jerusalem and capture it.After that the Lord comes and destroys those nations and is made king of all the earth.

Do you see any other city being attacked three days before the Lord comes?

In revelation it states the ten horns make war with the Lamb who according to zechariah is standing in Jerusalem .

Do you get your problem yet?

Sorry, but I see nothing in that parable about Jesus being the last one that God would send as that is not what that parable is about. Jesus being the only begotten of the Father being the Son of God was the first and the last and will return again as King of kings and Lord of lords as He was not only a Prophet, but the promised Messiah. There will never be another Messiah, but I do believe there are prophets today according to the gifts of the Spirit in Ephesians 4:11-12.
Could you even see the word last in that parable?

Last

Can you see the word Last?

This is correct, but one has to study to see who this Gentile son of perdition is that will take his seat in Jerusalem claiming he is God as even the elect of God could be deceived by his lying signs and wonders. Matthew 24:24; 2Thessalonians 2:1-12.

When the second temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. by the Romans other Roman temples were built there and destroyed during various revolts up to the fourth century. From the fourth century the temple mount laid undeveloped until the Muslim Siege of Jerusalem in 637 CE. Between 689-691 CE the Muslims built the Dome of the Rock which stands today, but now under renovations that have to do with the prophecy of the son of perdition in 2 Thessalonians 2:2-4 and the great falling away before the return of Jesus.

John in his vision was to measure the Spiritual temple of God as being those who are truly in Christ through the Spiritual rebirth that worship Him in all truths, John 3:3-7, which make up the temple of God as being the body of Christ. The symbolic here represents God separating and protecting His people. The temple of God is no longer made by hand since the veil of the temple was torn from top to bottom, Matthew 27:50, 51; Acts 7:48-51. The temple of God is within man that has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that keeps himself undefiled before the Lord, Matthew 27:51; Mark 7:15-23; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17.

The outer court represents that of the control the Gentiles (Revived Roman Empire) will once again have over the Holy city like that of 70AD as they take full control over Jerusalem and trampled it for 3 ½ years at the sounding of the seventh trumpet as we will see history repeat itself. Matthew 24:21 Jesus said this will be the worst tribulation there has ever been nor will ever be again.​
This is a direct quote from revelation that you are saying is wrong.

Revelation 11
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Do you argue against direct quotes from revelation often?
Perhaps Insted of arguing against revelation,you should try to understand what time period it is talking about that these gentiles will be occupying Jerusalem.

And yes I call this an occupation because ive learned who they are and who stationed them there.

True.

There was a time when I thought the two witnesses of Jesus were raptured too.But I couldn't understand why they do the exact opposite of everything Jesus commands his witnesses in the gospel.
And the more I learned about what takes place in Jerusalem on the day they ascend into heaven in that cloud that I realized what was actually happening to them.Yes they are ascending into heaven in a cloud that rises from Jerusalem into the sky to be in the presence of the lamb who is in the clouds.

Revelation 14:9-11
A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,
they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever
. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
I've learned,in order to fulfill scripture they must be alive and they must be in the presence of the lamb and of the angels.

What takes place in Jerusalem on that day that causes the great earthquake and the cloud to rise from Jerusalem high into the heaven is an object that resembles a lake of fire ,with smoke and brimstone.

So I won't feel sorry for these two christians one bit because they spend their time tormenting men women and children in the name of Jesus.I believe they should receive torment just as they have tormented others .

Revelation 11:10
And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

At no time,has Jesus ever commanded his prophets who come in his name to torment other people.Jesus commanded his prophets to be harmless.

Mathew 5
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus never commanded his prophets to go out and kill and torment people.He commanded them to be perfect and he set an example for us to follow.He commanded his prophets to preach the gospel.

Mathew 10
40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

These two prophets of Jesus have done everything Jesus commanded not to do

Maybe you missed it.
The two witnesses occupy Jerusalem for 42 months. They are living in Jerusalem ,eating ,drinking and sleeping in Jerusalem .
Scripture says that the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit attacks and kills these two occupants of the city of Jerusalem. To his is the only city this beast has attacked. Three days after they are attacked and killed the Lord comes and is made king of all the earth.

Now we read zech 14 where the nations attack Jerusalem and capture it.After that the Lord comes and destroys those nations and is made king of all the earth.

Do you see any other city being attacked three days before the Lord comes?

In revelation it states the ten horns make war with the Lamb who according to zechariah is standing in Jerusalem .

Do you get your problem yet?
Zechariah 14 is talking about the coming day of the Lord and the battle of Armageddon which happens after the two witnesses are taken back up to God and after Satan is loosed from the bottomless pit.

I already explained all of this as the seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25; Rev 13:3. The ten horns are ten kings who have not yet received their kingdoms as the Vatican's New World Order Headquarters and the United Nations Organization, One Security Council that claims authority over the world are waiting for ten permanent members. In 2009 the UNO divided the world into ten economic regions and each one will have a Jesuit Provincial set over them, but their end will come with the glory of the Lord striking them down when He returns with us His army. (Will study more about the army in Rev 19)

Ten Kingdoms of a One World Government:
Kingdom 1: Canada, Mexico and the United States of America
Kingdom 2: European Union – Western Europe
Kingdom 3: Japan
Kingdom 4: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel and Pacific Islands
Kingdom 5: Eastern Europe
Kingdom 6: Latin America, Central and South America
Kingdom 7: North Africa and the Middle East
Kingdom 8: Central Africa
Kingdom 9: South and Southeast Asia
Kingdom 10: Central Asia

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Armageddon, Harmageddon, Mageddon known in a few ways of different spellings, but being a city called Megiddo found in the Jezreel Valley between Nazareth and Jerusalem being a place of troops, or an assembly of troops, or a gathering of troops; or a mountain assembly of troops, or a mountain rendezvous of troops, or a mountain gathering of troops.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6 which actually names all who will come against Israel in the end of days being Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11. Within this battle the first six trumpets of God's wrath will be poured out into the world, Ezekiel 38:17-19, as we read in Rev 8:6 being the first trumpet sounding that takes us to the seventh trumpet of God's great wrath in Rev 11:15-19 and the timing of the son of perdition during the time of the seventh trumpet that promises peace and safety if all will take the mark of this beast, 2Thessalonians 4:1-12; Rev 13.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog and Rev 16:12-16 the place called Armageddon. This all happens before the return of Christ, before Satan is bound for a time, or before that of the Millennium.

The terms “king of the north” and “king of the south” were used in Daniel 11:5-35 to describe the rulers to the north and south of Palestine. The two major powers that existed to the south and north of Jerusalem after the death of Alexander the Great were Egypt to the south (with its kings referred to as Ptolemy) and Syria to the north (with its kings referred to as Seleucus or Antiochus).

The prophecy in Daniel 11:5-31 then documents the historical interactions between the king of the South and the king of the North.

Next, this prophecy seems to include the story of the Maccabees, a Jewish family that led the resistance against Antiochus and his successors because of their efforts to force the Jewish people to accept pagan Greek practices (verses 32-39).

The reference to “the time of the end” in verse 35 is thought by some to be a reference to the time just before Christ returns. We should also understand that it might simply be a reference to the close of the Maccabean time of testing. Or it may also be that this passage is dual referring to the time of the Maccabees and beyond.

Verses 35-39 seem to describe some actions by Antiochus during the time of the Maccabees, and they also serve as a forerunner of actions that will be taken by the beast power that will exist just before Jesus Christ’s return to earth. These powers are that of Satan who has worked within all four Empires being that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire.

Could you even see the word last in that parable?

Last

Can you see the word Last?
By the definition of the word prophet that I gave you in Ephesians 4:11-12 there are still prophets of God for His purpose, but will never be another Messiah come as in who Jesus is as Jesus was more than a prophet as he was the Son of God and God's plan of salvation before the foundation of the world. Do you not believe in the gifts of the Spirit.

This is a direct quote from revelation that you are saying is wrong.

Revelation 11
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Do you argue against direct quotes from revelation often?
Perhaps Insted of arguing against revelation,you should try to understand what time period it is talking about that these gentiles will be occupying Jerusalem.

And yes I call this an occupation because ive learned who they are and who stationed them there.
Where did I say that Rev 11:2 is wrong?

If you go back to my post # 148 and 159 I explained who these Gentiles are that will tread the city under foot for forty two months and who these two witnesses of the Lord are.

Do you not not believe what is written about the two witnesses, Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. Zechariah 14 explains the two olive trees and the two candlesticks that are these two witnesses of God who come to preach the Gospel of Christ for the last time giving all a chance to repent before Christ returns on the last day.

Zechariah 14 is talking about the coming day of the Lord and the battle of Armageddon which happens after the two witnesses are taken back up to God and after Satan is loosed from the bottomless pit.

I already explained all of this as the seven heads are that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire. The ten horns represent the nations the Roman Empire scattered to when the deadly wound was put upon them, Daniel 7:23-25; Rev 13:3. The ten horns are ten kings who have not yet received their kingdoms as the Vatican's New World Order Headquarters and the United Nations Organization, One Security Council that claims authority over the world are waiting for ten permanent members. In 2009 the UNO divided the world into ten economic regions and each one will have a Jesuit Provincial set over them, but their end will come with the glory of the Lord striking them down when He returns with us His army. (Will study more about the army in Rev 19)

Ten Kingdoms of a One World Government:
Kingdom 1: Canada, Mexico and the United States of America
Kingdom 2: European Union – Western Europe
Kingdom 3: Japan
Kingdom 4: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel and Pacific Islands
Kingdom 5: Eastern Europe
Kingdom 6: Latin America, Central and South America
Kingdom 7: North Africa and the Middle East
Kingdom 8: Central Africa
Kingdom 9: South and Southeast Asia
Kingdom 10: Central Asia

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Armageddon, Harmageddon, Mageddon known in a few ways of different spellings, but being a city called Megiddo found in the Jezreel Valley between Nazareth and Jerusalem being a place of troops, or an assembly of troops, or a gathering of troops; or a mountain assembly of troops, or a mountain rendezvous of troops, or a mountain gathering of troops.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6 which actually names all who will come against Israel in the end of days being Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11. Within this battle the first six trumpets of God's wrath will be poured out into the world, Ezekiel 38:17-19, as we read in Rev 8:6 being the first trumpet sounding that takes us to the seventh trumpet of God's great wrath in Rev 11:15-19 and the timing of the son of perdition during the time of the seventh trumpet that promises peace and safety if all will take the mark of this beast, 2Thessalonians 4:1-12; Rev 13.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog and Rev 16:12-16 the place called Armageddon. This all happens before the return of Christ, before Satan is bound for a time, or before that of the Millennium.

The terms “king of the north” and “king of the south” were used in Daniel 11:5-35 to describe the rulers to the north and south of Palestine. The two major powers that existed to the south and north of Jerusalem after the death of Alexander the Great were Egypt to the south (with its kings referred to as Ptolemy) and Syria to the north (with its kings referred to as Seleucus or Antiochus).

The prophecy in Daniel 11:5-31 then documents the historical interactions between the king of the South and the king of the North.

Next, this prophecy seems to include the story of the Maccabees, a Jewish family that led the resistance against Antiochus and his successors because of their efforts to force the Jewish people to accept pagan Greek practices (verses 32-39).

The reference to “the time of the end” in verse 35 is thought by some to be a reference to the time just before Christ returns. We should also understand that it might simply be a reference to the close of the Maccabean time of testing. Or it may also be that this passage is dual referring to the time of the Maccabees and beyond.

Verses 35-39 seem to describe some actions by Antiochus during the time of the Maccabees, and they also serve as a forerunner of actions that will be taken by the beast power that will exist just before Jesus Christ’s return to earth. These powers are that of Satan who has worked within all four Empires being that of the Babylonian Empire, Medo/Persian Empire, Grecian Empire and Roman Empire.
Zech 14 is taking about the day of the Lord when the nations attack Jerusalem and then Christ comes.

Revelation 11 is taking about the beast from the abiss killing the two witnesses and celebrating over their dead corpses in Jerusalem.

The day of the Lord is the day the two witnesses come back to life and ascend into heaven in a cloud.The beast from the abiss is in Jerusalem when Christ comes on that day.

So you tell me.on the day of the Lord while the beast from the abyss is in Jerusalem and God's wrath poured out upon Babylon,what other city would the beast from the abyss attack and destroy?

Lol
Fact is,Jerusalem is that city the beast from the abiss has already attacked. To he beast from the abyss is the nations that attack Jerusalem in zech 14.The same beast that destroys Babylon.

You can't name any other city being because there is no other city.

Revelation 17:18
The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

By the definition of the word prophet that I gave you in Ephesians 4:11-12 there are still prophets of God for His purpose, but will never be another Messiah come as in who Jesus is as Jesus was more than a prophet as he was the Son of God and God's plan of salvation before the foundation of the world. Do you not believe in the gifts of the Spirit.
The only prophets being sent are sent by Christ.
They are prophets who come in the name of Christ.
They are called. Christians in acts.
They are called christians today.

Those two Christians in revelation kill and torment people in the name of Jesus Christ and you believe they are good christians.
What's wrong with your judgement?
Do you always see christians killing and tormenting other people as being good?

Is it the fact they are called christians when they torment other people that makes you think they are called by God to kill people in Jesus name?

There's no telling how many poor children will die because of the famine these two christians cause but you will still think they are doing the right thing in Jesus name.

Where did I say that Rev 11:2 is wrong?

If you go back to my post # 148 and 159 I explained who these Gentiles are that will tread the city under foot for forty two months and who these two witnesses of the Lord are.

Do you not not believe what is written about the two witnesses, Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. Zechariah 14 explains the two olive trees and the two candlesticks that are these two witnesses of God who come to preach the Gospel of Christ for the last time giving all a chance to repent before Christ returns on the last day.
Scrpture does not say they preach the gospel of Christ.Scripture says they kill people and torment people.
No where does scripture say these two christians preach the gospel.

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

I would be happy they were dead if they were tormenting me.They obviously are not telling people they should love their enemies which is the gospel.They are not preaching that people should pray for those who persecute you because they are the ones doing the persecuting.
They spend the entire tribulation persecuting people.Geesh

Zech 14 is taking about the day of the Lord when the nations attack Jerusalem and then Christ comes.

Revelation 11 is taking about the beast from the abiss killing the two witnesses and celebrating over their dead corpses in Jerusalem.

The day of the Lord is the day the two witnesses come back to life and ascend into heaven in a cloud.The beast from the abiss is in Jerusalem when Christ comes on that day.

So you tell me.on the day of the Lord while the beast from the abyss is in Jerusalem and God's wrath poured out upon Babylon,what other city would the beast from the abyss attack and destroy?

Lol
Fact is,Jerusalem is that city the beast from the abiss has already attacked. To he beast from the abyss is the nations that attack Jerusalem in zech 14.The same beast that destroys Babylon.

Sorry, I meant Zechariah chapter 4, especially vs. 14 that makes reference to the two witnesses in the end of days.

Lol

I never said it wasn't Jerusalem, but also at that time this will be a global attack as this beast is a Luciferian system that controls world wide economics, political, military, educational, environmental and false religious system.

The only prophets being sent are sent by Christ.
They are prophets who come in the name of Christ.
They are called. Christians in acts.
They are called christians today.

Those two Christians in revelation kill and torment people in the name of Jesus Christ and you believe they are good christians.
What's wrong with your judgement?
Do you always see christians killing and tormenting other people as being good?

Is it the fact they are called christians when they torment other people that makes you think they are called by God to kill people in Jesus name?

There's no telling how many poor children will die because of the famine these two christians cause but you will still think they are doing the right thing in Jesus name.
Read what has already been written as the people are tormented by the two witnesses teaching the Gospel and they want the two witnesses dead in order to silence them like all the Prophets and Apostles before them. Why would God breath life back into them and call them back up to heaven if they were His enemies. God has no enemies in heaven.

Zec 4:12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zec 4:13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zec 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

How can you not see that the two witnesses are sent by God to prophesy/preach the Gospel of God's mercy and grace to those who need to hear and are given a last chance to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior before He returns.

Back